Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Lupe Fiasco
5 mics 365 52.52%
4 mics 241 34.68%
3 mics 52 7.48%
2 mics 8 1.15%
1 mic 29 4.17%
Voters: 695. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #101
zokid 
space
space
$526 | Props total: 0 0
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
lupe came wit it.. taking it for what it is, it's a very good effort
 09-19-2006, 01:13 PM         #102
Grand Hu$tle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dope album..4/5
 09-19-2006, 06:00 PM         #103
tonygee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i put 4 in the poll only cuz there was no 4.9 album was fire but not perfect not all the way there somethin was missin, but other than game theory this is the album of the year lupe did his thing

If you bought the album, like myself,what yall think about the cover art on the inside with the kids wit guns and dopeboys wit books? LOL

Last edited by tonygee; 09-19-2006 at 06:08 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #104
whoaitsme 
space
space
space
$512 | Props total: 0 0
It's a very good album, but by no means a classic. I look at how good the advance was (to me, it compared very much to the advance copy of Kanye's Dropout), but the retail didn't really make it better or fix its faults.

When Kanye's Dropout leaked, he went back to the lab, made the beats better (check Jesus Walks), improved tracks (Family Business), and added new tracks that gave the album a new feel.

Now Lupe can't really do the same with his beats, but the chorus on "Pressure" should have been much better. More importantly, there was absolutely no need for the garbage intro/outro on this album with Lupe's lyrical skills (especially considering how good that beat was, and how nice he sounded on the intro on the advance); I would have much rather heard "Ghetto Story" and "Make Sure" instead of that outro.

But don't get it confused - this is still a fantastic album. It's just not 5 mics like Reasonable Doubt or Illmatic, which is what I expected. I really hope he can move some units, so we can here a second album from him.
 09-20-2006, 05:37 PM         #105
LMac19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Lupe's album was about a 4 or 4 1/2. He is a lyrical monster, and his wordplay is insane. I do think he needs to come up with better hooks, but that stuff is just minor and will probably come with time. He also needs a bit of polishing in other ares. Y'all definitely right, he would be very lucky to move 300k. Because of that, lets not hope he tries to "dumb down" his lyrics and style in the future.
 09-20-2006, 07:10 PM         #106
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tonygee said:
i put 4 in the poll only cuz there was no 4.9 album was fire but not perfect not all the way there somethin was missin, but other than game theory this is the album of the year lupe did his thing

If you bought the album, like myself,what yall think about the cover art on the inside with the kids wit guns and dopeboys wit books? LOL
i thought the booklet was dope, he always thinking different than most..it said "be like d*ck, shoot a gun" but yea i liked it, lupe's a creative dude
 09-20-2006, 07:12 PM         #107
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LMac19 said:
I think Lupe's album was about a 4 or 4 1/2. He is a lyrical monster, and his wordplay is insane. I do think he needs to come up with better hooks, but that stuff is just minor and will probably come with time. He also needs a bit of polishing in other ares. Y'all definitely right, he would be very lucky to move 300k. Because of that, lets not hope he tries to "dumb down" his lyrics and style in the future.
don't see lupe dumbing down his lyrics ever, atleast he seem like a real dude that gonna put his all in a track
 11 years ago '04        #108
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,020 | Props total: 388 388
i thought the booklet was dope, he always thinking different than most..it said "be like d*ck, shoot a gun" but yea i liked it, lupe's a creative dude
lol and how the gangstas were throwing school books at people and kiiling them in driveby.. and thugs taking pictures looking gangta with book in their hands... i loved that ... way different .. lupe shut the game down with this album.. best word play i ever ever heard
 09-20-2006, 10:34 PM         #109
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whoaitsme said:
It's a very good album, but by no means a classic. I look at how good the advance was (to me, it compared very much to the advance copy of Kanye's Dropout), but the retail didn't really make it better or fix its faults.

When Kanye's Dropout leaked, he went back to the lab, made the beats better (check Jesus Walks), improved tracks (Family Business), and added new tracks that gave the album a new feel.

Now Lupe can't really do the same with his beats, but the chorus on "Pressure" should have been much better. More importantly, there was absolutely no need for the garbage intro/outro on this album with Lupe's lyrical skills (especially considering how good that beat was, and how nice he sounded on the intro on the advance); I would have much rather heard "Ghetto Story" and "Make Sure" instead of that outro.

But don't get it confused - this is still a fantastic album. It's just not 5 mics like Reasonable Doubt or Illmatic, which is what I expected. I really hope he can move some units, so we can here a second album from him.

first off the intro went over your head. for u to call something garbage you have to understand it. he was showing love to chicago culture with shout outs to n*ggas and their nations. BLACK P STONES,VICELORDS, GANGSTA DISCIPLES,NEW BREEDS ETC. you shouldnt have commented on something you know nothing about that makes one ignorant. also what old girl was saying rang true in every since brothas try to subliminaly enlighten cats but you see what happens it goes unnoticed. and the outro was giving reconition to everyone who vouched for him and the people who spun him when nobody else would over a new age sick a.ss classical inspired synthesiser based track. the meshing of the two genres was creative as hell. the album is easily five mics for anyone with any true knowledge of music and how its made and what it takes to make it.
 11 years ago '04        #110
whoaitsme 
space
space
space
$512 | Props total: 0 0
you shouldnt have commented on something you know nothing about that makes one ignorant...and the outro was giving reconition to everyone who vouched for him and the people who spun him when nobody else would over a new age sick a.ss classical inspired synthesiser based track.
No sh*t sherlock - for a second, i thought he was singing opera. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't have been hard for him to rap for 2 minutes on an intro and 3 minutes on the outro and still have the thank-you's as Kanye did. It was a waste of 10 minutes to thank everyone and leaving out one or two tracks which could have added to the album.

the album is easily five mics for anyone with any true knowledge of music and how its made and what it takes to make it.
Easily 5 mics? No such thing as "easily 5 mics" in my book - that means the album was as perfect as it could have been (see Illmatic). I consider College Dropout reached 5 mics (which may be controversial with some of you) because I don't think adding/deleting any tracks could have made it better, and it was just that good (still bumping it and will probably still be bumping it a few years from now).

Can you say the same about this album? I feel there's something missing...it's a 4.5 probably, but it's missing something that makes it a 5.

Mind you, I've been digging Lupe since he put out Conflict Diamonds, and I've seen him perform live, etc. aka. I know who he is, and where he's from. I just don't let the BX hype and his ridiculously talented rhymes get him a free ride to 5 mics.
 11 years ago '06        #111
LittleBrother2 
space
space
$278 | Props total: 0 0
dope album. lyrically he k!lls it.
 11 years ago '04        #112
knownomniscient 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 2002 2002
If Lupe dumbed down his lyrics, there wouldnt be anything special about him. But I gave this album a 5, but I think its more like a 4.5. Like someone said earlier, something is missing, but its still a great album.
 09-21-2006, 08:28 AM         #113
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I been waiting for this for a while and I'm glad to finally get it. It was as good as I expected it to be but I don't know if it's a classic. I gave it a 4/5.
 11 years ago '05        #114
Str8outdaville 
space
space
$444 | Props total: 0 0
3 or 4 albums he could be the next great.........
 09-21-2006, 10:54 AM         #115
HipHopsDyin' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5/5 LUPE, LUPE

album is the truth, deep lyrics,

1st verse in american terrorist really got to me
 11 years ago '05        #116
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,492 | Props total: 717 717
sh*ts hot 4/5......
 09-21-2006, 08:11 PM         #117
Cwood 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hope he will b able 2 top this on his 2nd lp b/c food & liquor is dope
 09-21-2006, 08:15 PM         #118
Possyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe seems like a Very "OPINIONated" person, sort of like Kanye or Eminem......

therefore i DON'T Ever see him dumbing down his lyrics, cause on EACH and EVERY track he wants to talk about something different, another issue or subject.......

and most of the time that means, he writes how "HE" thinks, or what "HE" see's

4.5/5

Last edited by Possyy; 09-21-2006 at 08:16 PM..
 09-21-2006, 11:44 PM         #119
Magnanimous P 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3.75 out of 5...
 11 years ago '06        #120
BENZIEBOX 
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
FNL was fire, dis gotta be the dopest album i heard all year next to probably Game Theory and KING , then again its kinda been a slow year
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
72 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
53 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy