"The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
148 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2006, 10:12 PM         #141
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 leather face said:
"all would be mad if we said the whole east was wack because of chicken noodle soup and memphis bleek and peedi crack"

^i seen people on here say that...
i seriously doubt it. u dont really hear people form the south say anythings wack unless its really wack and plus they are not the whole coast
 09-13-2006, 10:18 PM         #142
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^would you really put it past people on here...i remember at least one thread where someone said east coast was wack cause of chicken noodle soup.
 11 years ago '05        #143
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
he's right dude.....i see all the time 'yall are just mad cuz the south is on top and NY just puts out wack sh*t after wack sh*t.'

and like u said, alot of people think that D4L and those guys are representative of the south........but alot of people dont really know about the best rappers from the east coast........if i go up to a random person on the street here and say 'what group is Black Thought a part of?' the wont know........or if i said 'name a Big L song.' they couldnt do it........

so the whole 'sterotyping' thing that happens with D4L and those guys is simply a lack of proper knowledge.......
 11 years ago '06        #144
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18791 18791
guys an idiot, straight up and down.....The east birthed this sh*t....if it wasn't for the east his GED havin a.ss would be pumpin gas somewhere for 5 bucks an hour eatin at Mcdonald's everyday....

he needs to show more respect to the fore fathers of the artform that has made him rich and afforded him a chance to live well.....
 09-13-2006, 10:56 PM         #145
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:
guys an idiot, straight up and down.....The east birthed this sh*t....if it wasn't for the east his GED havin a.ss would be pumpin gas somewhere for 5 bucks an hour eatin at Mcdonald's everyday....

he needs to show more respect to the fore fathers of the artform that has made him rich and afforded him a chance to live well.....
well go put back on them shackles, sing a old negro spiritual and go pick some fu*kin cotton if thats the case...seeing white people are the reason we are here, we need to show them some respect
 09-13-2006, 11:06 PM         #146
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^completely different, i dont understand how you are comparing an awareness movement to a racist genocide/labor/apartheid.
 11 years ago '05        #147
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
exactly what i was thinking......and actually the first African slaves that were brought over here were sold to traders by African tribe leaders........they were prisoners from other tribes..........it doesnt make it any better or more acceptable.......slavery was still a horrible, disgraceful thing.......

and the earliest slaves werent even black.......they were other european people......im white and if it wasn't for slavery i wouldnt be here right now either.........my family has been traced back to a guy that stole a sheep and his punishment was to be a slave to the people he stole the sheep from............
 09-13-2006, 11:15 PM         #148
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wtf r yall talkin about??? im talkin about a whole different thing....

he sayin the south need to show respect because the east started rap. well if thats the case he should go pick cotton for white people because they started this country
 11 years ago '05        #149
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
thats exactly what i took u to mean......and its a completely different thing.....what he's saying is that people saying that the east k!lled hip-hop is like saying that Beethoven k!lled classical music.......the people that pioneered it should get respect for the art........

but what u did was compare a form of art to the oppression of tens of thousands of people..........thats rediculous.......slavery wasn't 'invented' by the white man......everybody throughout history had slaves.......thats how the pyramids of Giza got there.......slaves built them........

hip-hop was invented in the east........therefore the people who invented it should get thanks for inventing it..........slavery is completely different.........all the settlers did was bring an old idea to a new place......
 09-13-2006, 11:32 PM         #150
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
thats exactly what i took u to mean......and its a completely different thing.....what he's saying is that people saying that the east k!lled hip-hop is like saying that Beethoven k!lled classical music.......the people that pioneered it should get respect for the art........

but what u did was compare a form of art to the oppression of tens of thousands of people..........thats rediculous.......slavery wasn't 'invented' by the white man......everybody throughout history had slaves.......thats how the pyramids of Giza got there.......slaves built them........

hip-hop was invented in the east........therefore the people who invented it should get thanks for inventing it..........slavery is completely different.........all the settlers did was bring an old idea to a new place......

ok. what he is sayin is the south shouldnt be able to say anything about the real reason for hip hop dying.

he saying show respect. so what hes disrespecting the east for saying they worry about the wrong sh*t?

heres a better comparison...
John Dalton made the first theory of an atom. but over the years people made different and better theories about atoms. so does that make the other peoples ideas disrespectful because they are going against the original idea?...... if u build a house wrong u cant get mad if some body tells u a better way to build it
 11 years ago '05        #151
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
the reason its disrespectful of Pimp C to say that the east ruined hip-hop is because none of the gimmicks that people are citing as the ruination of it came from the east.........they came from the south.......they dont represent the whole south, but thats where they came from.........
 09-13-2006, 11:46 PM         #152
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
the reason its disrespectful of Pimp C to say that the east ruined hip-hop is because none of the gimmicks that people are citing as the ruination of it came from the east.........they came from the south.......they dont represent the whole south, but thats where they came from.........
pimp c not actually sayin the east ruined hip hop...people take things too seriously. he saying how the east blaming the south for whatever reason and he sayign the real reason the east should be mad hip hop is being ruined
 11 years ago '05        #153
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
If hip-hop's dead, it's y'all fault that hip-hop's dead.
he's not saying its the east coasts fault hip-hop is dead???

look......Pimp C is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else......but no region k!lled hip-hop......the people buying the gimmick CDs are the ones k!lling hip-hop.........its not the east, west, south, or mid-west.........but the fact that Pimp C is saying that the people who pioneered the artform that the south is 'eating off of' ruined it is disrespectful..........
 11 years ago '05        #154
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
 daliff89 said:

he's not saying its the east coasts fault hip-hop is dead???

look......Pimp C is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else......but no region k!lled hip-hop......the people buying the gimmick CDs are the ones k!lling hip-hop.........its not the east, west, south, or mid-west.........but the fact that Pimp C is saying that the people who pioneered the artform that the south is 'eating off of' ruined it is disrespectful..........
maybe the people who buy those cds like them.....call it what u want.
 09-13-2006, 11:55 PM         #155
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Twinn said:
ok. what he is sayin is the south shouldnt be able to say anything about the real reason for hip hop dying.

he saying show respect. so what hes disrespecting the east for saying they worry about the wrong sh*t?

heres a better comparison...
John Dalton made the first theory of an atom. but over the years people made different and better theories about atoms. so does that make the other peoples ideas disrespectful because they are going against the original idea?...... if u build a house wrong u cant get mad if some body tells u a better way to build it

dalton didnt create the atom, it was always there, the east created hiphop. its like you are saying hiphop is equally respectable as black slavery.

btw the dutch started the slave trade the whole thing about blacks selling eachother from other tribes is bullsh*t american history textbook propaganda if that truely was a case it happened very rarely. The dutch originally wanted african gold but then discovered sugar fields, chased off the porteguese and made slaves do their work. white people decieved africans by saying "come with us and i'll give you a better life" others were stolen. and sold to the highest bidder.
 11 years ago '05        #156
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
ur right......people buy what they like........but the things that people are saying destroyed hip-hop, snap music and hyphy, are being bought........so no one is to blame but the consumers........u can't say 'the south k!lled hip-hop' or 'the east k!lled hip-hop'........its supply and demand just like the rest of America is.......what the public wants, the public gets........if the public stops buying snap music the record companies will stop putting out snap music.........if the consumers start buying a bunch of Weird Al Yankovic albums i guarantee theres gonna be a ton of parody artists pop up outta nowhere.........im not saying theres n e thing wrong with the people buying D4L and DFB........but dont complain about it, its not the record companies fault people buy/request/play it.........
 09-14-2006, 01:23 AM         #157
BigSnapmactown  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HIPHOP IS NOT DEAD! WTF ARE YOU GOOFTROOP MUHfu*kAS A L W A Y S fu*kIN BLABBERING ABOUT????

YALL ACT LIKE U WANT THE sh*t TO BE DEAD, SO U CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO CONVERSATE ABOUT IN YOUR WEEKLY HIPHOP DISCUSSION ON THIS fu*kIN FORUM...
 09-14-2006, 05:32 AM         #158
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
exactly what i was thinking......and actually the first African slaves that were brought over here were sold to traders by African tribe leaders........they were prisoners from other tribes..........it doesnt make it any better or more acceptable.......slavery was still a horrible, disgraceful thing.......

and the earliest slaves werent even black.......they were other european people......im white and if it wasn't for slavery i wouldnt be here right now either.........my family has been traced back to a guy that stole a sheep and his punishment was to be a slave to the people he stole the sheep from............

The earliest slaves EVER were Black Jews homie, civilization started in Africa period. I don't care what you believe in that's just pure fact right there. Whatever Bible or Koran you read, it'll tell you Jews were the first to be enslaved, and where did the Jews originate from? Africa! Then they were moved to the promised land "Israel" to escape the Egyptians.

And to those n*gga's that think the East started telling stories through rhyme, yall got the game f*cked all the way up! Rhyming, telling stories, and poetry to rhythms and hymns also started in Africa. And DJ Kool Herc & Afrika Bambaata (hence the name) brought their mixing style, scratching, from Jamaican DJ's which got it from where? That's riiiiiight, now your getting it.

So everybody STFU you didn't invent sh*t, just gave it another name! All this sh*t started in Africa, from the first baby to the first murder. Go learn your history and stop believing everything the government and dumb n*gga's on the street tell you and read sometimes. Use your common sense. I'm tired of these "F*ck Eastcoast" threads, that sh*t is dumb, and these Eastcoast "We Invented Everything" threads, yall did not invent sh*t! Nothing is new under the sun! Even Nas (yall savior) said that.

Music is music, whoever does it the best, will get theirs in due time, and let it be that! Some of your favorite artists that you should be on top are not on top because they either missed their mark, lack something, made dumb business moves, or in reality f*cking suck to everybody, but you! Some of your favorite artist have the tightest lyrics, but the sh*ttiest beats, tight lyrics and beats, but the most garbage annoying voice, have the tightest beats, vocals, and lyrics and the worst promotion. Whatever the case maybe nobody can be blamed but the artist, not the labels because everybody knows nobody cares more about you then you.

So if they are relying and putting their future and life in the hand's of another man, then "Hey" they reap what they sowed. Maybe if your FAVORITE ARTISTS would of been about their business, learned the business, and spoke the f*ck up when it was time, not after the damage was done. Corporate America would not control "Hip-Hop" and what is played on the radio, but now that is the way it is. Hate It Or Love It!

Closed Thread!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy