Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2006, 06:10 AM         #121
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Grills Actually Started In Miami
 11 years ago '05        #122
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
I think the problem really is that people are tired of buying these garbage a.ss albums so we download instead. I can say there hasn't been a alot of albums that would listen to in its entirety since the 90s IMO and about who started they gold on the teeth arguement is completey childish and stupid who cares where it comes from its just a trend and like all trends they all die out. Oh and someone bad a statement about the beef is selling records but, with the beef brings on alot of unwanted attention ex: Pac and Big death was the tragic results behind beef Props on the read though.

Last edited by Jaiden05; 09-13-2006 at 09:20 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #123
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
Lmao!
 09-13-2006, 02:47 PM         #124
BigSnapmactown  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres a difference between gold teeth and grills btw...

and you cant say NY started grills cuz the first person u ever seen was a rapper from ny...

i remember trap n*ggas round here that had grills s=when i was real little...and prolly had had them since before i was born...
 11 years ago '04        #125
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
see that whats wrong when the arguement is about hip being dead mutha fu*ka wanna argue over how started grills wtf.... thats the type of shyt that k!lled hip hop
 09-13-2006, 05:24 PM         #126
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. industry is the pop pseudo culture, not real hiphop except for few mainstream ones, most real hiphop is underground

2. wutang clan had grills way before the south were even on the map, and the east coast was the birthplace of hiphop, fu*k pimp c, this mindset that pimps and violence is cool is whats k!lling hiphop. i recall rap, bboys, graffitying, djs, all being a part of hiphop, not grillz.
 09-13-2006, 05:31 PM         #127
BigSnapmactown  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 leather face said:
wutang clan had grills way before the south were even on the map

that doesnt mean that ppl in the south wasnt wearin em you fu*kin dunce...
 11 years ago '05        #128
SlickNick 
space
space
$1,784 | Props total: 797 797
How can you say the NY started wearing grills first when the south been wearing grills for decades. Get real. My great great grandma got gold in her mouth. C'mon
 11 years ago '05        #129
SlickNick 
space
space
$1,784 | Props total: 797 797
It seem like every person form the east is mad cuz they ain't getting no play no more. The south has risen so deal with it. That's life. It seem like ya'll always wanna bring up that ya'll started hip hop since nobody is paying attention to east coast rap anymore. Whenever the east was hot ever coast supported ya'll but since ya'll ain't nomore ya'll wanna hate. And that ain't cool. So support like we did ya'll and stop crying
 09-13-2006, 06:01 PM         #130
Rakeem  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Capo said:
Now Before u say something read it first it has alot of truth in it.

"The East Coast k!lled Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

"Y'all stop cryin' mayne, on the east. Y'all been eating for years... We all got grillz in our mouth, now they want grillz in they mouth on the east. I ain't trippin', do your thing. But, don't be crying that hip-hop's dead. If hip-hop's dead, it's y'all fault that hip-hop's dead. So, get your backpack, jump on the train and get your paying gig up and get in the know." -- Pimp C on 97.9 The Box. (There's definitely more to Pimp C's comments, so be sure to check it out at the end of this post.)

Not unlike 50 Cent's "southern rap hurts hip-hop as a whole" statement earlier this year. The problem with these claims is that people often take a specific controversial portion and run with it, missing the message entirely. Truth be told, 50 and Pimp are both right... in a way.

I'll explain.

Inept southern rappers like D4L, Mike Jones and Yung Joc are often mistaken as being representative of the Dirty South sound. Not to mention the countless "Lil' No-Names" and "Young No-Skill" wannabes out there., who make it all too easy to clown on southern hip-hop by creating half-assed ear pollutants that end up floating their way to No. 1.

On the other hand, some East Coast (read: NY) fanatics are busy lamenting "hip-hop is dead" instead of focusing on their craft. Much like the "No Snitching" movement, the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" movement has gone from annoying to moronic. Everywhere you turn, you're greeted by this fallacious slogan. It's the title of Nas' forthcoming album and the sub-title of 50 Cent's latest diss-fest., It's the introductory skit on the aforementioned G-Unit mixtape. Virginia rapper Skillz has also squeezed a song out of it. In fact, I won't be surprised if "Hip-Hop Is Dead" t-shirts soon start circulating the internet. Yeah... hyea, hip-hop is dead. But, how much are we doing to rescue it from the hands of the corporate machinations that's been manhandling this business for decades? What have we done to empower those who truly care about this art form?

You see, that's exactly the type of attitude that has forced this girl named hip-hop to her grave. Hip-hop's dead because people ain't paying attention. When was the last time you actually went out and bought albums that absolutely deserve your $9.99 as opposed to buying horrible music that radio (aka pay-for-oplay) has forced onto your ears? If you're so concerned about hip-hop, why don't you go out and cop The Roots' new album Game Theory -- arguably the best album of the year so far? What stops you from picking up Trae's Restless which rivals T.I.'s King for southern rap album of the year? When was the last time you paid to see V-Zilla perform live? Even though you've heard of K-Rino, have you ever bothered to send your Rick Ross CD on vacation and give Rino's Time Traveler a spin?

Hip-hop is dead because people are scared of change. Scared of trying new things. If the only Cham you're familiar with is a pink-wearing, earring-rocking Harlem rapper, then you're responsible for hip-hop's death. If the only Tip you'll ever listen to is the guy from A Tribe Called Quest, then you should be arrested for k!lling hip-hop. If you've already dismissed Young Dro as an off-brand version of T.I. without having heard anything besides "Shoulder Lean," then it's your fault hip-hop's dead.

Don't get it twisted, I've always had an ecclectic taste in music. To paraphrase Luda, Rizoh's universal, never limits himself to the south. But, my point is that people need to embrace new sounds instead of tearing it down. Stop whining about what region's really running things (or should be running things). It's time to start paying attention to the MUSIC.

I feel Pimp C; hip-hop is not dead.

Pimp C - Hip-Hop Is Dead (Keepin' it Trill)

(R.I.P. to those we lost on 9/11)
I agree, and the South isnt all 'Dirty South', the South have a lot of tight rappers and groups like Supastition, Strange Fruit Project, Cunnynlinguists, the famous Little Brother etc. Like the article says: "Hip-hop is dead because people are scared of change. Scared of trying new things".
 09-13-2006, 06:21 PM         #131
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BigSnapmactown said:
that doesnt mean that ppl in the south wasnt wearin em you fu*kin dunce...
we are talking about hiphop dumb fu*k southern artists werent the first ones to wear grillz. and out of all the points i made about hiphop you defend the grillz statement grillz isnt and will never be a part of hiphop get your head out of the corperations a.ss. with your argument i get the impression you are too ignorant to discuss the subject matter of real hiphop so dont even try.

Last edited by leather face; 09-13-2006 at 06:23 PM..
 09-13-2006, 06:31 PM         #132
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said:
LOL I NOTICED THAT SHYT AND LAUGHED
exactly
 09-13-2006, 06:33 PM         #133
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mason1stDegree said:
see that whats wrong when the arguement is about hip being dead mutha fu*ka wanna argue over how started grills wtf.... thats the type of shyt that k!lled hip hop
real talk..if hip hop is dyin then its gotta be a mixture it cant be one thing
 09-13-2006, 07:24 PM         #134
CommonKweli  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow q-tip>>>T.I.P. any day ur an ignorant fu*k for even sayin tha tlistening tribe called quest is k!llin hip hop
 11 years ago '04        #135
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
 leather face said:
1. industry is the pop pseudo culture, not real hiphop except for few mainstream ones, most real hiphop is underground

2. wutang clan had grills way before the south were even on the map, and the east coast was the birthplace of hiphop, fu*k pimp c, this mindset that pimps and violence is cool is whats k!lling hiphop. i recall rap, bboys, graffitying, djs, all being a part of hiphop, not grillz.
this is what also k!lled hip hop this mentality.... bruh i aint hatin but be real hip hop was started on the street under light posts, djing in the park, and blastn music in ya car(basically, all out in the open.. wasnt nothin underground about it)..... and if u was somebody u got your shyt on the radio....

i totally disagree with the statement all real hip hop is underground.. most underground hip hop... isnt good at all.. the whole mixtape scene is what k!llin hip hop..... ppl supportin mixtapes more than the actually ablum....ppl support the bad artist on they mixtapes then they head to the mainstream.. all the bad music out now....it started from the underground.. for example DFB, jezzy, d4l, mike jones, etc etc...... if ppl wouldnt have supported they mixtapes then they wouldnt have made such crappy mainstream ablums which ppl then call in and request the single, which is proly pure crap which further dilutes the mind of new hip hop listeners..

so you u wanna blame somethin u can blame the underground cause really when u go along the trial it all started from this so called underground music..
 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM         #136
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mason1stDegree said:
this is what also k!lled hip hop this mentality.... bruh i aint hatin but be real hip hop was started on the street under light posts, djing in the park, and blastn music in ya car(basically, all out in the open.. wasnt nothin underground about it)..... and if u was somebody u got your shyt on the radio....

i totally disagree with the statement all real hip hop is underground.. most underground hip hop... isnt good at all.. the whole mixtape scene is what k!llin hip hop..... ppl supportin mixtapes more than the actually ablum....ppl support the bad artist on they mixtapes then they head to the mainstream.. all the bad music out now....it started from the underground.. for example DFB, jezzy, d4l, mike jones, etc etc...... if ppl wouldnt have supported they mixtapes then they wouldnt have made such crappy mainstream ablums which ppl then call in and request the single, which is proly pure crap which further dilutes the mind of new hip hop listeners..

so you u wanna blame somethin u can blame the underground cause really when u go along the trial it all started from this so called underground music..
hm not quite i never said "all" underground was good, i said "most" is real (fu*k those internet gangsta rappers no one heard of i mean the real ones that get recognition). i know a lot of underground is sh*t, and i believed i mentioned the thing about djs, bboys, graffitying, ect. i never said underground meant keep sh*t on the dl, its that a lot of commerical rappers (not mainstream, commerical and mainstream is different) sell their soul to industries, denying access to real hiphop and they end up promoting products for US capital interests (expensive chains and child labor camps that make nike and other big name clothes that the US uses to maximize profits, expensive champaigne). Hiphop was great in the day on the radio cause they were real, it was party tracks that broke into mainstream, then conscience rap artists started becoming popular, and the industry/government didnt like this, so they bankrolled artists that sound like the real ones but appealed to the white boss's market. rappers like jeezy are lathargic devils, cause money is the root of all evil, and this music industry is run by capitalists, lathargic meaning he is resisting the movement hiphop is supposed to be about. these ignorant motherfu*kers buy his sh*t because he is promoted and they are told to like him. It is the industries fault for promoting these wack artists, look on the underground forum, no one there is gonna support jeezy they support real motherfu*kers.

underground means not signed to a label, they keep it real cause they havent been tempted by the snake that is the music industry, or there are artists that have but they wont give in cause they believe in being able to show themselves for who they are without shame (no homo). all artists start underground yes and mixtapes can possibly be a contributing factor but if real underground heads were the judges of what does and doesnt become mainstream the whole label roster would be different, of course as i said there are mainstream artists that havent sold out and i support.

Last edited by leather face; 09-13-2006 at 08:02 PM..
 09-13-2006, 09:48 PM         #137
f0twenty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they keep it real cause they havent been tempted by the snake that is the music industry,
That's real talk..now I respect Pimp C cause he's had a helluva career..but what duke said above me is true..99.9% of underground hiphop stretches to the roots of the art...I may hate a majority of Southern music..but that's only the crap they play all over EVERY radio station...the real southern music is what's not bumped on the radio..

THe only thing I DONT agree with is how the east coast k!lled hiphop...cause last I checked..the South was ON the east coast...so he's claimin the WHOLE damn coast k!lled the art..but in reality..the art hasnt died..its evolved with the time...and the good thing is...most of the underground stays untainted..where its about lyricism, one liners..and the art of storytelling...I can go on and on..but the truth is...hip hop is hip hop..so juss choose what you like..
 11 years ago '04        #138
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
 f0twenty said:
That's real talk..now I respect Pimp C cause he's had a helluva career..but what duke said above me is true..99.9% of underground hiphop stretches to the roots of the art...I may hate a majority of Southern music..but that's only the crap they play all over EVERY radio station...the real southern music is what's not bumped on the radio..

THe only thing I DONT agree with is how the east coast k!lled hiphop...cause last I checked..the South was ON the east coast...so he's claimin the WHOLE damn coast k!lled the art..but in reality..the art hasnt died..its evolved with the time...and the good thing is...most of the underground stays untainted..where its about lyricism, one liners..and the art of storytelling...I can go on and on..but the truth is...hip hop is hip hop..so juss choose what you like..

pimp c is from texas. im sure even they aint rockin with alot of whack sh*t out of atl
 09-13-2006, 10:03 PM         #139
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Inept southern rappers like D4L, Mike Jones and Yung Joc are often mistaken as being representative of the Dirty South sound. Not to mention the countless "Lil' No-Names" and "Young No-Skill" wannabes out there., who make it all too easy to clown on southern hip-hop by creating half-assed ear pollutants that end up floating their way to No. 1.

that sums up the whole point he's trying top make. too many east coast n*ggaz stereotype the whole south from a few people they hear in the radio and they forget about the good rappers. yall would be mad if we said the whole east was wack because of chicken noodle soup and memphis bleek and peedi crack
 09-13-2006, 10:08 PM         #140
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"all would be mad if we said the whole east was wack because of chicken noodle soup and memphis bleek and peedi crack"

^i seen people on here say that...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago