"The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #61
tupac18 
space
space
space
$130 | Props total: 0 0
old white greedy label executives k!lled hip hop
 09-11-2006, 04:10 PM         #62
Crank  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LBThrizzy said:
Who k!lled hip hop? The industry, the dudes in suits, thats who k!lled hip hop

thats not true... what the industry puts out is based on what people buy... look at when rap started really getting big in the late 80's, early 90's... first it was more of dance rap so people were making that... then dre and pac got huge numbers making gangsta rap so the rest of the labels said to artists make this kind of music and so on to this day... if something sells big all the "suits" are going to follow

its the consumer that has the influence not the producer of the music or the label putting it out
 11 years ago '05        #63
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
WTF yall talking about! People in NY had grills back in the day! They called them "fronts" instead of "grills"! ...at those and Pimp C who think the south started that. Once again, another thread with a bunch of people talking about sh*t they know nothing about! Ignorance is bliss....plus hip-hop is not dead! Period!

Last edited by TheChampIsHere!; 09-11-2006 at 04:25 PM..
 09-11-2006, 04:39 PM         #64
AU1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pimp C is entitled to his opinion just like you idiots here on Boxden. If southern music is ruining music so much, tell your favorite artist to stop asking southern artists to rap/sing on their cds hoping someone will buy it because of who is featured on it and everything will be ok. Or JUST LISTEN TO WHAT YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO and stop complaining.
 09-11-2006, 04:39 PM         #65
chronic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Send him back to jail!!!
 11 years ago '06        #66
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
 chronic said:
Send him back to jail!!!

LMAOA!!$#%@

hahahah
 09-11-2006, 05:27 PM         #67
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chronic said:
Send him back to jail!!!
now u reaching. i wouldn't wish that on anyone
 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM         #68
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NY started the whole shiny teeth thing, but the south blew it up and now NY wants it back.

Pimp C makes a good point.
 11 years ago '06        #69
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
NY doesnt want anything bling related back

-.-
 11 years ago '05        #70
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,310 | Props total: 50 50
No comment. Cause sh*t i dont buy albums no more all i do is download. So mabye he right mabye he wrong. I really dont care.
 11 years ago '04        #71
Lunatic 1 heat pts
space
space
$831 | Props total: 8 8
Who gives a damn about the grills.

Both the South and the East have been wearing grills for a long a.ss time. The front runners are the ones that people remember for "grills".

But this discussion turned to the smallest point of what Pimp C said and exactly what he meant.

When folks say "Hip-Hop is dead" they are overlooking the REAL Hip Hop that is Underground or Non-Mainstream but accessable to the nation.

True Hip-Hop is not dead, traditional Hip Hop is.
 09-11-2006, 07:27 PM         #72
InMyBBoyStance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said:
@ him saying NY copied grills when NY started the whole grill thing.

Real Talk Ny wearing grills back in the early 80's
 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM         #73
InMyBBoyStance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When you think of gold teeth, what or who does it make you think of? It makes me think of Flavor Flav, a member of the rap group Public Enemy that became popular back in the late eighties with their debut album “Yo! Bum Rush the Show.” Flavor Flav was the flashy one of the group, sporting crazy sunglasses, bright colored clothing, a huge clock around his neck, and of course, gold teeth. Flav credits himself as having been the originator of the current platinum and gold teeth and platinum grill craze in hip hop fashion. While I remember Flav from the eighties, this generation knows him from VH1’s the Surreal Life and Strange Love where he would sometimes pop in his gold teeth, much to the chagrin of his love interest, Brigitte Neilson.

Eddie’s Gold Teeth owner Plein outfitted Flava Flav with a set of simple caps back in the eighties. Other top New York rappers followed, including Bid Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. In the early 1990s, Plein moved to Atlanta and began designing flashier fronts for artists including OutKast, Goodie Mob, Ludacris and Lil Jon.

The hip hop fashion is big, and the bigger it is the better it is. Gold teeth became more elaborate and expensive, with platinum and diamonds becoming more popular. For many rap artists who have come from poverty and gained success, expensive grills and other bling bling is a great way to celebrate success. Wearing grills is a sign of success, and in some ways is just like wearing an expensive chain around your neck.

Nelly’s song “Grillz” talks about this trend in hip hop and features Paul Wall, who not only wears diamond encrusted, silver, platinum, and gold teeth, he sells them. Paul Wall is the go-to guy so to speak in the rap and hip hop world when they are looking for platinum and gold teeth and other expensive mouth jewelry. There are websites dedicated to selling grills such as Gold Teeth America, GoldTeeth.com, and Mr. Bling. There is even a magazine called XXL that features photos of rap artists showing off the custom grills.

Of course while the hip hop world may be infatuated with this type of mouth jewelry, dentists are not. Wearing grills for an extended period of time may cause tooth decay and other damage within your mouth. It is very important that if you are considering buying into this latest craze that you look at all the information regarding care of your mouth as well as proper care of the grills themselves. Consult with a dentist and an expert in this type of jewelry before you buy.

09-11-2006, 07:42 PM         #74
Pacin0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no..uk k!llled hip hop....

thats how stupid pimp c sounds...that stupid bi*ch cant even rap
 11 years ago '06        #75
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
 chronic said:
Send him back to jail!!!

09-11-2006, 07:48 PM         #76
InMyBBoyStance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
NY started the whole shiny teeth thing, but the south blew it up and now NY wants it back.

Pimp C makes a good point.
Wtf you We Don't want that sh*t back!
 11 years ago '05        #77
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
Mainstream rap is dead!!!
Hip Hop will never die!!!:applause:
 11 years ago '05        #78
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
 rhymespitter84 said:
i hope hiphop is dead. i wanna see more trance videos on MTV anyways.
 11 years ago '05        #79
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i dont feel that its dead...i feel its dying.......but its not NY's fault.....its not the south's fault either.........its the consumer's fault if u wanna blame someone........its supply and demand.......if the consumer demands deep, emotional rap then thats what we'll get.......if we demand mindless dance songs then thats what we'll get.......the public buys the midless dance songs because thats what they wanna do is dance, record companys see this, and try to duplicate the success of the albums that sold.........its not n e one region's fault.......
 11 years ago '05        #80
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
but if your gonna blame it on someone blame it on Masta P and Jay-Z
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy