"The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
+20  250
156 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

12 years ago '04        #51
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$3,044 | Props total: 472 472
I agree with all that was said in the article stop bi*chin and whinin and worry bout whut the next rapper is sellin ...........perfect ya craft

09-11-2006, 03:45 PM         #52
Hotboy504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said
LOL U THINK YALL WAS THE ONLY ONES RUNNING AROUNG WITH PERMANENTS. BUT TO BE HONEST WE HAVE FRONTS YALL GOT GRILLS THERES A DIFFERENCE. (ITS SLIGHT) OUR JOINTS ARE CONNECTED AND SMOOTH SO IT LOOKS LIKE ONE BIG TOOTH. THE GRILLS ARE SINGLE TOOTH (THERE CONNECTED BUT U CAN TELL EACH TOOTH) BUT NONE THE LESS WE BEEN ON THE GOLD TEETH SHYT AND WE HAD THE FIRST RAPPERS IN THE GAME WITH GOLD TEETH....NEXT THEY GONNA BE SAYING WE SLICK RICK STOLE HIS STYLE FROM THEM, OR BETTER YET THEY THE REASON JAY WAS POPPING CRIS...I BEEN SAYING I RESPECT THE SOUTH IN ALL THESE THREADS BUT THIS IS REDICULOUS THATS SOME HATER SHYT HE WAS ON n*gga fu*k UGK
u trippn hard

12 years ago '04        #53
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$3,044 | Props total: 472 472
 tweedle- said
I know, I said in a later post nobody knows who started it. NY just got seen wearing them long before South did.
feel dat ...no mtv/bet cameras was in tha south til 92-93

09-11-2006, 03:50 PM         #54
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hotboy504 said
u trippn hard
my man i'm a saigon fan and i was tight with him when he tried to play the south. honestly i'm not with n*ggaz dissina or trynna call out a whole region. if u notice first off he said eastcoast (who on the eastcoast u heard say hip-hop is dead-a selective few) the new cats aint talking that shyt its the older heads in ny cuz they wanna continue to run shyt (maino got a song blasting these n*ggaz) if u think about it the new heads is fu*king with the south-miano at cham album release, jae mills and pap got on his single too. i mean we complained back in the day about segragation and we sgregating ourselves now

09-11-2006, 03:51 PM         #55
Crank  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im just wondering did any of you listen to hip hop before the year 2000? roxanne shante, jam master jay, slick rick, ll and others were wearing grills while paul wall and nelly were still in diapers

and slick rick is credited with popularizing grills around 1985 (after the others i mentioned) only cause he rarely went without fronts

and the east, south and west havent k!lled rap its the white teenagers that buy the majority of music... hip hop is a lifestyle not music... hip hop cant die

Last edited by Crank; 09-11-2006 at 03:54 PM..

12 years ago '04        #56
TwinCaliber2kz 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,035 | Props total: 3016 3016
u can't be serious... used to be a fan of pimp c... but whateva... n*ggaz iz entitled to they opinion... free to say whateva u want... AND we was wearing gold in our mouth before ya'll... we played it out,ya'll picked it up and now we followin ya'll??.... funny sh*t... there ain't nuthin else to talk about in hip hop no more huh?... i guess dat would constitute as being dead,cuz alll we talk about now is da same sh*t... no ideas original... nuthin new under the sun... it's never what u do... but how's it's done... -nas-

09-11-2006, 03:55 PM         #57
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crank said
im just wondering did any of you listen to hip hop before the year 2000? roxanne shante, jam master jay, slick rick, ll and others were wearing grills while paul wall and nelly were still in diapers

and slick rick is credited with popularizing grills around 1985 (after the others i mentioned) only cause he rarely went without fronts

and the east, south and west havent k!lled rap its the white teenagers that buy the majority of music... hip hop is a lifestyle not music... hip hop cant die
:applause: :applause: :applause:

12 years ago '04        #58
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
lol at hip hop being dead.... lol at New York right now

09-11-2006, 03:58 PM         #59
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 H.N.I.C. said
feel dat ...no mtv/bet cameras was in tha south til 92-93
dats real talk i aint saying we started it but we was seen first with it. He make it seem like we never wore grillz till that song came out and thats crazy wild

12 years ago '05        #60
tupac18 
space
space
space
$130 | Props total: 0 0
old white greedy label executives k!lled hip hop

09-11-2006, 04:10 PM         #61
Crank  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LBThrizzy said
Who k!lled hip hop? The industry, the dudes in suits, thats who k!lled hip hop

thats not true... what the industry puts out is based on what people buy... look at when rap started really getting big in the late 80's, early 90's... first it was more of dance rap so people were making that... then dre and pac got huge numbers making gangsta rap so the rest of the labels said to artists make this kind of music and so on to this day... if something sells big all the "suits" are going to follow

its the consumer that has the influence not the producer of the music or the label putting it out

12 years ago '05        #62
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$3,144 | Props total: 439 439
WTF yall talking about! People in NY had grills back in the day! They called them "fronts" instead of "grills"! ...at those and Pimp C who think the south started that. Once again, another thread with a bunch of people talking about sh*t they know nothing about! Ignorance is bliss....plus hip-hop is not dead! Period!

Last edited by TheChampIsHere!; 09-11-2006 at 04:25 PM..

09-11-2006, 04:39 PM         #63
AU1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pimp C is entitled to his opinion just like you idiots here on Boxden. If southern music is ruining music so much, tell your favorite artist to stop asking southern artists to rap/sing on their cds hoping someone will buy it because of who is featured on it and everything will be ok. Or JUST LISTEN TO WHAT YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO and stop complaining.

09-11-2006, 04:39 PM         #64
chronic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Send him back to jail!!!

09-11-2006, 05:27 PM         #65
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chronic said
Send him back to jail!!!
now u reaching. i wouldn't wish that on anyone

09-11-2006, 05:29 PM         #66
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NY started the whole shiny teeth thing, but the south blew it up and now NY wants it back.

Pimp C makes a good point.

12 years ago '05        #67
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,333 | Props total: 79 79
No comment. Cause sh*t i dont buy albums no more all i do is download. So mabye he right mabye he wrong. I really dont care.

12 years ago '04        #68
Lunatic 1 heat pts
space
space
$831 | Props total: 8 8
Who gives a damn about the grills.

Both the South and the East have been wearing grills for a long a.ss time. The front runners are the ones that people remember for "grills".

But this discussion turned to the smallest point of what Pimp C said and exactly what he meant.

When folks say "Hip-Hop is dead" they are overlooking the REAL Hip Hop that is Underground or Non-Mainstream but accessable to the nation.

True Hip-Hop is not dead, traditional Hip Hop is.

09-11-2006, 07:27 PM         #69
InMyBBoyStance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said
@ him saying NY copied grills when NY started the whole grill thing.

Real Talk Ny wearing grills back in the early 80's

09-11-2006, 07:36 PM         #70
InMyBBoyStance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When you think of gold teeth, what or who does it make you think of? It makes me think of Flavor Flav, a member of the rap group Public Enemy that became popular back in the late eighties with their debut album “Yo! Bum Rush the Show.” Flavor Flav was the flashy one of the group, sporting crazy sunglasses, bright colored clothing, a huge clock around his neck, and of course, gold teeth. Flav credits himself as having been the originator of the current platinum and gold teeth and platinum grill craze in hip hop fashion. While I remember Flav from the eighties, this generation knows him from VH1’s the Surreal Life and Strange Love where he would sometimes pop in his gold teeth, much to the chagrin of his love interest, Brigitte Neilson.

Eddie’s Gold Teeth owner Plein outfitted Flava Flav with a set of simple caps back in the eighties. Other top New York rappers followed, including Bid Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. In the early 1990s, Plein moved to Atlanta and began designing flashier fronts for artists including OutKast, Goodie Mob, Ludacris and Lil Jon.

The hip hop fashion is big, and the bigger it is the better it is. Gold teeth became more elaborate and expensive, with platinum and diamonds becoming more popular. For many rap artists who have come from poverty and gained success, expensive grills and other bling bling is a great way to celebrate success. Wearing grills is a sign of success, and in some ways is just like wearing an expensive chain around your neck.

Nelly’s song “Grillz” talks about this trend in hip hop and features Paul Wall, who not only wears diamond encrusted, silver, platinum, and gold teeth, he sells them. Paul Wall is the go-to guy so to speak in the rap and hip hop world when they are looking for platinum and gold teeth and other expensive mouth jewelry. There are websites dedicated to selling grills such as Gold Teeth America, GoldTeeth.com, and Mr. Bling. There is even a magazine called XXL that features photos of rap artists showing off the custom grills.

Of course while the hip hop world may be infatuated with this type of mouth jewelry, dentists are not. Wearing grills for an extended period of time may cause tooth decay and other damage within your mouth. It is very important that if you are considering buying into this latest craze that you look at all the information regarding care of your mouth as well as proper care of the grills themselves. Consult with a dentist and an expert in this type of jewelry before you buy.

09-11-2006, 07:42 PM         #71
Pacin0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no..uk k!llled hip hop....

thats how stupid pimp c sounds...that stupid bi*ch cant even rap

12 years ago '06        #72
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
 chronic said
Send him back to jail!!!

09-11-2006, 07:48 PM         #73
InMyBBoyStance  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said
NY started the whole shiny teeth thing, but the south blew it up and now NY wants it back.

Pimp C makes a good point.
Wtf you We Don't want that sh*t back!

12 years ago '05        #74
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,680 | Props total: 726 726
Mainstream rap is dead!!!
Hip Hop will never die!!!:applause:

12 years ago '05        #75
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,680 | Props total: 726 726
 rhymespitter84 said
i hope hiphop is dead. i wanna see more trance videos on MTV anyways.

Home      

most viewed right now
+25online now  41
Female guards getting their cheeks busted in prison
112 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+170online now  40
Image(s) inside This cosplayer is Raw wood pipe approved
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  22
3 kids or 50 bodies which one will be your queen?
73 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-18online now  22
NBA Wait ? WHAAAᴀᴀₐₐₐ ?.....Doug ? Wha ?.....
363 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Mo-G says Drake Lies About His Somalian Street Ties & Knows No "Malis" ..
63 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-29online now  12
Video inside Daddy LongNeck and the guy with the wide neck release a song...its doin..
131 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-24online now  12
Dec 15 - 10 year old boy in drag danced for money at a NY gay bar. MSM Silent!..
142 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+43online now  5
Video inside Bow Wow : "On Piiiiiiru!!!!" (VIDEO)
82 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy