"The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
239 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
28 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM         #21
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hotboy504 said:
who n ny was wearin grills. and also nelly and paul wall was populaized it. noone said anything about it when favor fav wasnt around or slick rick. other than raekwon who else n ny had a grill.
Slick Rick, RZA, Flavor Flav all had grills. It wasnt just rappers who had grills. Nelly and Paul Wall only made it popular NOW, sh*ts been in NY since the 70s/80s.
 09-11-2006, 02:33 PM         #22
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
grillz didn't exist when slick was out just gold teeth
Yes they did. Ive seen pictures of Rick with a grill in the 80s. Gold Grills been around for YEARS.

Last edited by tweedle-; 09-11-2006 at 02:34 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #23
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
 MortalDanger said:
theres no fu*kin uniting in new york... if new york united rap wouldnt even be a genre of music anymore

all we need is for new york artists and artists from other places detroit cali to start dropping fu*kin albums... its september and i cant even put 15 albums in my top 15 i have like 12 albums... and most of them suck more albums need to drop more radio play needs to be given period

I feel u!! WE need m ore music! :applause:
 09-11-2006, 02:34 PM         #24
Hotboy504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said:
Slick Rick, RZA, Flavor Flav all had grills. It wasnt just rappers who had grills. Nelly and Paul Wall only made it popular NOW, sh*ts been in NY since the 70s/80s.
its been n the south at least since then too.
 11 years ago '04        #25
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 tweedle- said:
Upload that pic where he got a grill....
 11 years ago '06        #26
93G4Life 
space
space
 Blazze One said:
I wouldnt blame any coasts our cities for k!llin hip hop, but somewhere down the line we fell off. Creativity does play a key part in hip hop dying, because everything is getting repetative. Seems like now n*ggaz only rhyme about slangin, chains, bi*ches, rims, and money. Songs like Jibbs Chain Hang Low is a pure example. The sad part about it is, as more songs like that continue to drop, the young generation absorbs it and thinks thats what you gotta do to be accepted. Im curious to see the effect that hip hop has on the youth in the next 5 years. I like it the way it was back in the day, when n*ggaz was just rappin and sticking to the essence.
Beef is k!lling it too. Its clear that it is a marketing scheme, but its gettin ridiculous now. I was feeling that era (I believe it was 97-99), when people were collaborating with anybody. For example, DMX "Blackout" was featuring Jay-z and the Lox, the 24 hours to live joint has crazy people on it, and 4,3,2,1 was dope too. Nowadays, the unity is dying.
I wouldn't blame those silly club songs like "Chicken Noodle Soup" and "Lean Wit It", cause they are only temporary and they will eventually play out like "Tootsie Roll".
What I think is really k!lling hip hop, is the lack of ambition. See back then, it was hard for people to get heard, and they were trying their hardest. Now its easier to get a deal, and it seems like people are even trying. Theirs rappers poppin up everywhere and not all of em got true talent. Not everyone is sticking to the art, and they seem like they are just rapping just to get out the hood.
:applause:
 09-11-2006, 02:45 PM         #27
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Upload that pic where he got a grill....
I never said I have it, I dont save pictures of other men on my computer. I search google but Rick been having a grill for years. Noone knows who started wearing grills but NY rappers been wearing grills long before I ever seen a south rapper wearing one.

Last edited by tweedle-; 09-11-2006 at 02:47 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #28
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Like anyone in this thread actually knows who started wearing grills first. Grills are possibly the dumbest fad ever.
 11 years ago '06        #29
93G4Life 
space
space
Grills came and went and now they back! wtf???
 11 years ago '05        #30
hypeman9535 
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 0 0
too me i taught grills was never a fashion statement but a way to sho you had some dough
 09-11-2006, 02:51 PM         #31
~: AkaDemiK :~  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
did this nigag really say teh east coast k!lled hiphop..??? LMFAOOOOO..

wait....lean wit, grillz this grillz that, snap ya fingaz, poole palace, joc'n.....

cand 50 corny singles behind each dance...and dis "GARBAGE" mc is sayin its our fault..???

dis n*gga is trash, and he dare to call the EAST...as fu*kin hiphop up..?? when u got a lame like 50 selling more than they whole coast...smh....atleast that n*gga aint on dat bullsh*t they be on....

he just put out a trash a.ss album, and he callin us out..??? he aint doin nuttin but bi*chin since he got outta jail, liek he some GOD or suttin...

tellin n*gga zstop beefin, stop doin dis or dat...n*gga stfu, who are you..??? a souf legend..?? yea to those n*ggaz, i dont fu*k wit the trash you drop.....

n*ggaz like luda and T.I need to move out the south, soon they gon get hate for not soundin too "south"....

and the thing about grillz...SMH...im not even gon comment on dat....

someone need to check dat n*gga
 11 years ago '04        #32
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 tweedle- said:
I never said I have it, I dont save pictures of other men on my computer. I search google but Rick been having a grill for years. Noone knows who started wearing grills but NY rappers been wearing grills long before I ever seen a south rapper wearing one.

Your from the UK and judging by your friends picture(RiP to him) You were prolly born in the 90's, right?
 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM         #33
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hotboy504 said:
man please did they even make grills when slick rick was out. cause n the south people had been wearin permanent grills
LOL U THINK YALL WAS THE ONLY ONES RUNNING AROUNG WITH PERMANENTS. BUT TO BE HONEST WE HAVE FRONTS YALL GOT GRILLS THERES A DIFFERENCE. (ITS SLIGHT) OUR JOINTS ARE CONNECTED AND SMOOTH SO IT LOOKS LIKE ONE BIG TOOTH. THE GRILLS ARE SINGLE TOOTH (THERE CONNECTED BUT U CAN TELL EACH TOOTH) BUT NONE THE LESS WE BEEN ON THE GOLD TEETH SHYT AND WE HAD THE FIRST RAPPERS IN THE GAME WITH GOLD TEETH....NEXT THEY GONNA BE SAYING WE SLICK RICK STOLE HIS STYLE FROM THEM, OR BETTER YET THEY THE REASON JAY WAS POPPING CRIS...I BEEN SAYING I RESPECT THE SOUTH IN ALL THESE THREADS BUT THIS IS REDICULOUS THATS SOME HATER SHYT HE WAS ON n*gga fu*k UGK
 11 years ago '04        #34
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 MOSESCANOVA said:
LOL U THINK YALL WAS THE ONLY ONES RUNNING AROUNG WITH PERMANENTS. BUT TO BE HONEST WE HAVE FRONTS YALL GOT GRILLS THERES A DIFFERENCE. (ITS SLIGHT) OUR JOINTS ARE CONNECTED AND SMOOTH SO IT LOOKS LIKE ONE BIG TOOTH. THE GRILLS ARE SINGLE TOOTH (THERE CONNECTED BUT U CAN TELL EACH TOOTH) BUT NONE THE LESS WE BEEN ON THE GOLD TEETH SHYT AND WE HAD THE FIRST RAPPERS IN THE GAME WITH GOLD TEETH....NEXT THEY GONNA BE SAYING WE SLICK RICK STOLE HIS STYLE FROM THEM, OR BETTER YET THEY THE REASON JAY WAS POPPING CRIS...I BEEN SAYING I RESPECT THE SOUTH IN ALL THESE THREADS BUT THIS IS REDICULOUS THATS SOME HATER SHYT HE WAS ON n*gga fu*k UGK

Fronts and grills are the samething loc
 09-11-2006, 02:58 PM         #35
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Your from the UK and judging by your friends picture(RiP to him) You were prolly born in the 90's, right?
You're from the West Coast of America, you were about the same distance away from NY as I am and No, I was born in the 80s, he is my friends little brother.
 11 years ago '04        #36
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 tweedle- said:
You're from the West Coast of America, you were about the same distance away from NY as I am and No, I was born in the 80s, he is my friends little brother.
I live 10 min from NYC my location... NEWARK NEW JERSEY, also I 'm 90% of my family is from the South including my pops.

Last edited by Mysonne; 09-11-2006 at 03:00 PM..
 09-11-2006, 03:00 PM         #37
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
I live 10 min from NYC my location... NEWARK NEW JERSEY
Yes, that is now. Your location says you were born and raised on the Westcoast, so at the time(80s/early 90s) Im guessing you were there, like I said.
 11 years ago '04        #38
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 tweedle- said:
Yes, that is now. Your location says you were born and raised on the Westcoast, so at the time(80s/early 90s) Im guessing you were there, like I said.
No Ive been in between Jersey and LA since 87'

But you no older the 17 18 years old, lol from the UK telling me how it was when i was out here. lol you UK dudes are funny.

Last edited by Mysonne; 09-11-2006 at 03:05 PM..
 09-11-2006, 03:06 PM         #39
Thug-Life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the problem in hiphop

East-Everytime a new rapper comes out they claim to be runnin NY or claim to be king of ny

West-West has been quiet, but every rapper there claims they can resurrect the westcoast, when the make songs like 50 cent

South-You guyz think the south is hiphop and everythin else sucks and rappers from the south usually drop one banger and then hide, i havent hear sh*t from paul wall, mike jonez, young jizzy
 09-11-2006, 03:13 PM         #40
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
No Ive been in between Jersey and LA since 87'

But you no older the 17 18 years old, lol from the UK telling me how it was when i was out here. lol you UK dudes are funny.
Son, you change your job for people on here every week First you run a model company, then your a journalist earning x amount then some space guy earning another amount You confused with your life.

and like I said, Ive seen pictures of them with grills in there mouth and Jersey aint NYC.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
73 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy