Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-11-2006, 01:54 PM         #1
7581 pageviews
162 comments

Young Capo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"The East Coast k!lled Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

Now Before u say something read it first it has alot of truth in it.

"The East Coast k!lled Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

"Y'all stop cryin' mayne, on the east. Y'all been eating for years... We all got grillz in our mouth, now they want grillz in they mouth on the east. I ain't trippin', do your thing. But, don't be crying that hip-hop's dead. If hip-hop's dead, it's y'all fault that hip-hop's dead. So, get your backpack, jump on the train and get your paying gig up and get in the know." -- Pimp C on 97.9 The Box. (There's definitely more to Pimp C's comments, so be sure to check it out at the end of this post.)

Not unlike 50 Cent's "southern rap hurts hip-hop as a whole" statement earlier this year. The problem with these claims is that people often take a specific controversial portion and run with it, missing the message entirely. Truth be told, 50 and Pimp are both right... in a way.

I'll explain.

Inept southern rappers like D4L, Mike Jones and Yung Joc are often mistaken as being representative of the Dirty South sound. Not to mention the countless "Lil' No-Names" and "Young No-Skill" wannabes out there., who make it all too easy to clown on southern hip-hop by creating half-assed ear pollutants that end up floating their way to No. 1.

On the other hand, some East Coast (read: NY) fanatics are busy lamenting "hip-hop is dead" instead of focusing on their craft. Much like the "No Snitching" movement, the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" movement has gone from annoying to moronic. Everywhere you turn, you're greeted by this fallacious slogan. It's the title of Nas' forthcoming album and the sub-title of 50 Cent's latest diss-fest., It's the introductory skit on the aforementioned G-Unit mixtape. Virginia rapper Skillz has also squeezed a song out of it. In fact, I won't be surprised if "Hip-Hop Is Dead" t-shirts soon start circulating the internet. Yeah... hyea, hip-hop is dead. But, how much are we doing to rescue it from the hands of the corporate machinations that's been manhandling this business for decades? What have we done to empower those who truly care about this art form?

You see, that's exactly the type of attitude that has forced this girl named hip-hop to her grave. Hip-hop's dead because people ain't paying attention. When was the last time you actually went out and bought albums that absolutely deserve your $9.99 as opposed to buying horrible music that radio (aka pay-for-oplay) has forced onto your ears? If you're so concerned about hip-hop, why don't you go out and cop The Roots' new album Game Theory -- arguably the best album of the year so far? What stops you from picking up Trae's Restless which rivals T.I.'s King for southern rap album of the year? When was the last time you paid to see V-Zilla perform live? Even though you've heard of K-Rino, have you ever bothered to send your Rick Ross CD on vacation and give Rino's Time Traveler a spin?

Hip-hop is dead because people are scared of change. Scared of trying new things. If the only Cham you're familiar with is a pink-wearing, earring-rocking Harlem rapper, then you're responsible for hip-hop's death. If the only Tip you'll ever listen to is the guy from A Tribe Called Quest, then you should be arrested for k!lling hip-hop. If you've already dismissed Young Dro as an off-brand version of T.I. without having heard anything besides "Shoulder Lean," then it's your fault hip-hop's dead.

Don't get it twisted, I've always had an ecclectic taste in music. To paraphrase Luda, Rizoh's universal, never limits himself to the south. But, my point is that people need to embrace new sounds instead of tearing it down. Stop whining about what region's really running things (or should be running things). It's time to start paying attention to the MUSIC.

I feel Pimp C; hip-hop is not dead.

Pimp C - Hip-Hop Is Dead (Keepin' it Trill)

(R.I.P. to those we lost on 9/11)

"Y'all stop cryin' mayne, on the east. Y'all been eating for years... We all got grillz in our mouth, now they want grillz in they mouth on the east. I ain't trippin', do your thing. But, don't be crying that hip-hop's dead. If hip-hop's dead, it's y'all fault that hip-hop's dead. So, get your backpack, jump on the train and get your paying gig up and get in the know." -- Pimp C on 97.9 The Box. (There's definitely more to Pimp C's comments, so be sure to check it out at the end of this post.)

Not unlike 50 Cent's "southern rap hurts hip-hop as a whole" statement earlier this year. The problem with these claims is that people often take a specific controversial portion and run with it, missing the message entirely. Truth be told, 50 and Pimp are both right... in a way.

I'll explain.

Inept southern rappers like D4L, Mike Jones and Yung Joc are often mistaken as being representative of the Dirty South sound. Not to mention the countless "Lil' No-Names" and "Young No-Skill" wannabes out there., who make it all too easy to clown on southern hip-hop by creating half-assed ear pollutants that end up floating their way to No. 1.

On the other hand, some East Coast (read: NY) fanatics are busy lamenting "hip-hop is dead" instead of focusing on their craft. Much like the "No Snitching" movement, the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" movement has gone from annoying to moronic. Everywhere you turn, you're greeted by this fallacious slogan. It's the title of Nas' forthcoming album and the sub-title of 50 Cent's latest diss-fest., It's the introductory skit on the aforementioned G-Unit mixtape. Virginia rapper Skillz has also squeezed a song out of it. In fact, I won't be surprised if "Hip-Hop Is Dead" t-shirts soon start circulating the internet. Yeah... hyea, hip-hop is dead. But, how much are we doing to rescue it from the hands of the corporate machinations that's been manhandling this business for decades? What have we done to empower those who truly care about this art form?

You see, that's exactly the type of attitude that has forced this girl named hip-hop to her grave. Hip-hop's dead because people ain't paying attention. When was the last time you actually went out and bought albums that absolutely deserve your $9.99 as opposed to buying horrible music that radio (aka pay-for-oplay) has forced onto your ears? If you're so concerned about hip-hop, why don't you go out and cop The Roots' new album Game Theory -- arguably the best album of the year so far? What stops you from picking up Trae's Restless which rivals T.I.'s King for southern rap album of the year? When was the last time you paid to see V-Zilla perform live? Even though you've heard of K-Rino, have you ever bothered to send your Rick Ross CD on vacation and give Rino's Time Traveler a spin?

Hip-hop is dead because people are scared of change. Scared of trying new things. If the only Cham you're familiar with is a pink-wearing, earring-rocking Harlem rapper, then you're responsible for hip-hop's death. If the only Tip you'll ever listen to is the guy from A Tribe Called Quest, then you should be arrested for k!lling hip-hop. If you've already dismissed Young Dro as an off-brand version of T.I. without having heard anything besides "Shoulder Lean," then it's your fault hip-hop's dead.

Don't get it twisted, I've always had an ecclectic taste in music. To paraphrase Luda, Rizoh's universal, never limits himself to the south. But, my point is that people need to embrace new sounds instead of tearing it down. Stop whining about what region's really running things (or should be running things). It's time to start paying attention to the MUSIC.

I feel Pimp C; hip-hop is not dead.

Pimp C - Hip-Hop Is Dead (Keepin' it Trill)

(R.I.P. to those we lost on 9/11)

162 comments for ""The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C"

11 years ago '05        #2
hypeman9535 
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 0 0
hip hip is a lifestyle not just rap and atl k!ll rap not housten or sth fla just atlanta
 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM         #3
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ him saying NY copied grills when NY started the whole grill thing.
 11 years ago '06        #4
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
That was a bias opinion and the feelin of hip hop is dead in my opinion is half truthed. Hip Hop aint dead its just not gettin heard and n*ggas not either buyin the albums or j ust wanna focus on these ignorant fools. Pimp C he seem like a cool n*gga. Slick Pulla seem like a cool n*gga and Young Jeezy. I play them when I feel like hearin somethin grimey but at the same time artists are so "not well-rounded" or why not the media give us a balanced diet. Lil children wont know if they dont hear about whats out there so they gotta what? hear through word of mouth or the internet! thats not fair to those artists who wanna get heard.
 11 years ago '05        #5
Nycsom1985 
space
space
$1,715 | Props total: 10 10
You know what though,What k!lls me being from ny is n*ggaz always beefin
 11 years ago '06        #6
93G4Life 
space
space
 Nycsom1985 said:

thats what i hate!! Can't we be united and be ourselves? Why can't we unite with other ppl and just have fun and let the creativity flow. Stop beefin because all of ya'll gettin money. Thats the difference between the south and us they are more united and support each other. So mad love to the south tho most of ya'll rappers that we hearin SUCK! :banghead:
 11 years ago '05        #7
hypeman9535 
space
space
 tweedle- said:
same thing i was thinking of props for that
 11 years ago '05        #8
hypeman9535 
space
space
 Nycsom1985 said:
thats mad true though cuz like how the south got no beef brewing right now thats how ny needs to be
 09-11-2006, 02:18 PM         #9
MortalDanger  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
/me scratches ugk off allowed southern artist list.... and then continues to say fu*k the south.... their the ones responsible for the horrible music that is out right now fu*k them...
 09-11-2006, 02:19 PM         #10
MortalDanger  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and on another note... beef is a huge part of hiphop if you dont like it... then go put in ur justin timberlake f*g**ts
 11 years ago '06        #11
93G4Life 
space
space
Justin Timberlake rocks!! LOL no homo... but n*gga or whigga or whatever he is cause he sure aint white thats what moms says about him. lol but beef is apart of rap history but at the same time in order to sell we need to unite right now. the south can do it why not us?
 09-11-2006, 02:22 PM         #12
Hotboy504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said:
man please did they even make grills when slick rick was out. cause n the south people had been wearin permanent grills
 09-11-2006, 02:25 PM         #13
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hotboy504 said:
man please did they even make grills when slick rick was out. cause n the south people had been wearin permanent grills
They had grills before slick rick was out.
 09-11-2006, 02:25 PM         #14
Hotboy504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said:
who n ny was wearin grills. and also nelly and paul wall populaized it. noone said anything about it when favor fav wasnt around or slick rick. other than raekwon who else n ny had a grill.

Last edited by Hotboy504; 09-11-2006 at 02:33 PM..
 09-11-2006, 02:26 PM         #15
Hotboy504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so how did they start the whole grill thing and when did it start
 09-11-2006, 02:27 PM         #16
Ben Codean  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real talk from Pimp C.
 09-11-2006, 02:27 PM         #17
MortalDanger  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 93G4Life said:
Justin Timberlake rocks!! LOL no homo... but n*gga or whigga or whatever he is cause he sure aint white thats what moms says about him. lol but beef is apart of rap history but at the same time in order to sell we need to unite right now. the south can do it why not us?
theres no fu*kin uniting in new york... if new york united rap wouldnt even be a genre of music anymore

all we need is for new york artists and artists from other places detroit cali to start dropping fu*kin albums... its september and i cant even put 15 albums in my top 15 i have like 12 albums... and most of them suck more albums need to drop more radio play needs to be given period
 09-11-2006, 02:28 PM         #18
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tweedle- said:
LOL I NOTICED THAT SHYT AND LAUGHED
 11 years ago '04        #19
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 tweedle- said:
They had grills before slick rick was out.
grillz didn't exist when slick was out just gold teeth
 11 years ago '04        #20
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
I wouldnt blame any coasts or cities for k!llin hip hop, but somewhere down the line we fell off. Creativity does play a key part in hip hop dying, because everything is getting repetative. Seems like now n*ggaz only rhyme about slangin, chains, bi*ches, rims, and money. Songs like Jibbs Chain Hang Low is a pure example. The sad part about it is, as more songs like that continue to drop, the young generation absorbs it and thinks thats what you gotta do to be accepted. Im curious to see the effect that hip hop has on the youth in the next 5 years. I like it the way it was back in the day, when n*ggaz was just rappin and sticking to the essence.
Beef is k!lling it too. Its clear that it is a marketing scheme, but its gettin ridiculous now. I was feeling that era (I believe it was 97-99), when people were collaborating with anybody. For example, DMX "Blackout" was featuring Jay-z and the Lox, the 24 hours to live joint has crazy people on it, and 4,3,2,1 was dope too. Nowadays, the unity is dying.
I wouldn't blame those silly club songs like "Chicken Noodle Soup" and "Lean Wit It", cause they are only temporary and they will eventually play out like "Tootsie Roll".
What I think is really k!lling hip hop, is the lack of ambition. See back then, it was hard for people to get heard, and they were trying their hardest. Now its easier to get a deal, and it seems like people aren't even trying. Theirs rappers poppin up everywhere and not all of em got true talent. Not everyone is sticking to the art, and they seem like they are just rapping just to get out the hood.

Last edited by Blazze One; 09-12-2006 at 11:01 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy