most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1
6883 pageviews
79 comments

rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
Sep 5 - 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's death Caught on Tape

[pic - click to view]

http://articles.news.aol. .. 04112209990001

CAIRNS, Australia (Sept. 5) -- Steve Irwin was videotaped pulling a poisonous stingray barb from his chest in his last moments of life, officials said Tuesday, as tributes poured in for TV's "Crocodile Hunter."

Police said there was nothing suspicious about Irwin's death and no evidence he provoked the animal. Irwin, 44, was stabbed through the heart on Monday while snorkeling with a stingray during filming of a new TV program on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

John Stainton, Irwin's manager who was among the crew on the reef, said the fatal blow was caught on videotape, and described viewing the footage as having the "terrible" experience of watching a friend die.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone," Stainton told reporters in Cairns, where Irwin 's body was taken for an autopsy.

Queensland state police were holding the tape as evidence for a coroner's inquiry - a standard procedure in high-profile deaths or those caused by other than natural causes.

Experts have said the stingray may have felt trapped between the cameraman and the TV star. Irwin, the popular host of "Crocodile Hunter," rose to fame by getting dangerously close to crocodiles, snakes and other beasts.

But Queensland Police Superintendent Michael Keating said there was no evidence Irwin threatened or intimidated the stingray, a normally placid species that only deploys its poisonous tail spines as a defense.

Stainton said Irwin was in his element in the Outback, but that he and Irwin had talked about the sea posing threats the star wasn't used to.

"If ever he was going to go, we always said it was going to be the ocean," Stainton said. "On land he was agile, quick-thinking, quick-moving and the ocean puts another element there that you have no control over."

Parliament took a break from the business of running the country to pay tribute to Irwin, whose body was being flown home Tuesday from Cairns. No funeral plans were announced but state Premier Peter Beattie said Irwin would be afforded a state funeral if his family agreed.

Irwin's American wife Terri, 8-year-old daughter Bindi, and their son Bob, almost 3, returned late Monday from a trekking vacation in Tasmania to Australia Zoo, the wildlife park where the family lived at Beerwah in Queensland's southeast.

At the park, hundreds of people filed past the entrance laying floral bouquets and handwritten condolence messages. Khaki shirts - a trademark of Irwin - were laid out for people to sign.

"Mate, you made the world a better place," read one poster left at the gate. "Steve, our hero, our legend, our wildlife warrior," read another. "I thought you were immortal. How I wish that was true," said a third.

The park opened Tuesday because it was what Irwin would have wanted, said Gail Gipp, an animal health employee.

Irwin was propelled to global fame after his TV shows, in which he regularly wrestled with crocodiles and went face-to-face with poisonous snakes and other wild animals, were shown around world on the Discovery Channel.

Irwin was famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchword "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter." First broadcast in Australia in 1992, the program was picked up by the Discovery network, catapulting Irwin to international celebrity. He rode his image into a feature film, 2002's "The Crocodile Hunters: Collision Course"

The Discovery network announced plans for a marathon screening of Irwin's work and a wildlife fund in his name.

"Rarely has the world embraced an animal enthusiast and conservationist as they did Steve Irwin," Discovery Networks International President Dawn McCall said in a statement.

Prime Minister John Howard, who hand-picked Irwin to attend a gala barbecue to honor President Bush when he visited in 2003, said he was "shocked and distressed at Steve Irwin's sudden, untimely and freakish death."
"It's a huge loss to Australia," Howard told reporters. "He was a wonderful character. He was a passionate environmentalist. He brought joy and entertainment and excitement to millions of people."

Wild animal expert Jack Hanna, who frequently appears on TV with his subjects, offered praise for Irwin.

"Steve was one of these guys, we thought of him as invincible," Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo and Aquarium, told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday.

"The guy was incredible. His knowledge was incredible," Hanna said. "Some people that are doing this stuff are actors and that type of thing, but Steve was truly a zoologist, so to speak, a person who knew what he was doing. Yes, he did things a lot of people wouldn't do. I think he knew what he was doing."

Irwin's ebullience was infectious and Australian officials sought him out for photo opportunities and to promote Australia internationally.

His public image was dented, however, in 2004 when he caused an uproar by holding his infant son in one arm while feeding large crocodiles inside a zoo pen. Irwin claimed at the time there was no danger to the child, and authorities declined to charge Irwin with violating safety regulations.

Later that year, he was accused of getting too close to penguins, a seal and humpback whales in Antarctica while making a documentary. Irwin denied any wrongdoing, and an Australian Environment Department investigation recommended no action be taken against him.

Stingrays have a serrated, toxin-loaded barb, or spine, on the top of their tail. The barb, which can be up to 10 inches long, flexes if a ray is frightened. Stings usually occur to people when they step on or swim too close to a ray and can be excruciatingly painful but are rarely fatal, said University of Queensland marine neuroscientist Shaun Collin.

Experts differed on the number of human deaths caused by stingrays - anywhere from 3 to 17 - though they agreed that they were extremely rare.

sad sh*t, the dude videotaping his friend dying is something I couldn't live with & I hate hearing about people dying when they have young children cause I have small kids myselfimage

Last edited by rippac4; 09-05-2006 at 04:26 AM..

79 comments for "Sep 5 - 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's Death Caught on Tape"

11 years ago '05        #2
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 488 488
dayum....then its rarely deaths by sting rays, & he happen to be one.....and how could u tape ya friends death......i couldnt do it.....
 09-05-2006, 04:39 AM         #3
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 meercy said:
dayum....then its rarely deaths by sting rays, & he happen to be one.....and how could u tape ya friends death......i couldnt do it.....
Maybe at the time he didn't think Steve was going to die.

You know what i mean?
 11 years ago '06        #4
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
I agree wit tha both of u
 11 years ago '04        #5
2meo 
space
space
$3,001 | Props total: 0 0
 meercy said:
they was filmin a new show mos likely
 09-05-2006, 04:53 AM         #6
BigSnapmactown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wonder how long itll be before youtube has this?
 11 years ago '05        #7
rippac4  OP
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
 meercy said:
they were taping for a show & while taping the accident happened
 09-05-2006, 05:30 AM         #8
chronic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
seen it on youtube, sh*ts graphic and violent, and sad
 09-05-2006, 05:50 AM         #9
codeine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^link?

09-05-2006, 06:00 AM         #10
LOCO666 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah they showed it to the police today
 11 years ago '06        #11
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4027 4027
 chronic said:
Shut the fu*k up, stupid a.ss bi*ch. You aint seen sh*t, show some respect. :slap:
 09-05-2006, 06:38 AM         #12
Blahze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the police took that tape, i dont think it leaked already
 09-05-2006, 06:49 AM         #13
Lungs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blahze said:
the police took that tape, i dont think it leaked already
smh, talking about "leaking" like this sh*t was some bootleg
 11 years ago '06        #14
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,340 | Props total: 18307 18307
^^^ Lol o man
 09-05-2006, 06:56 AM         #15
allen_nique 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chronic said:
Retard.............:finger:
 09-05-2006, 06:58 AM         #16
thndacleez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is an extremely sad loss for our planet.
 09-05-2006, 07:08 AM         #17
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought up "the tape"

at least he went out on some real sh*t, yanking that sh*t out..he prolly took it out like nothing and just dropped
 09-05-2006, 07:25 AM         #18
j_espo1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMS the God said:
i knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought up "the tape"
i know, right? people already claiming they saw it on youtube etc :finger:

give the man some respect people. i hope the video tape never makes it public.
 11 years ago '04        #19
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,515 | Props total: 797 797
Its ironic that when the dude was alive, n*ggaz was talkin bout he's stupid and gonna die and now that he's dead, n*ggaz act surprised...RIP Steve..dude died doin what he loved, thats real
 09-05-2006, 07:43 AM         #20
DWilk2681 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sucks...i feel bad for his family for that loss...R.I.P.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
98 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
56 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
59 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy