Penn State Will Go Undefeated And Win It All ('06 edition)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should Penn State be playing for the National Championship against Ohio State?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #121
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
 JBeezy said:
at all these homers that actually believe Paul Posluszny being better than Hawk

Its not homers, its called people who know the game.

Dont get it twisted.
 11 years ago '05        #122
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 FlamboyantOne said:
Its not homers, its called people who know the game.

Dont get it twisted.
Negative. The players know who was better [Poz admitted], the conference knew who was better [The Big 10], the draft boards pre-PP's decision to stay knew who was better, and last but not least the draft position of Mr. Hawk will yet again show that he was considered better.
 09-09-2006, 07:09 AM         #123
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
Negative. The players know who was better [Poz admitted], the conference knew who was better [The Big 10], the draft boards pre-PP's decision to stay knew who was better, and last but not least the draft position of Mr. Hawk will yet again show that he was considered better.

UR RIGHT ABOUT ALL BUT THE DRAFT, PUZ IS CONSIDERED THE BEST LBER IN THE NCAA RIGHT NOW... SO HE MIGHT GO TOP 5 TOO IF A TEAM NEEDS HIM THAT BAD.
 11 years ago '05        #124
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
UR RIGHT ABOUT ALL BUT THE DRAFT, PUZ IS CONSIDERED THE BEST LBER IN THE NCAA RIGHT NOW... SO HE MIGHT GO TOP 5 TOO IF A TEAM NEEDS HIM THAT BAD.
Okay, the FACT remains that he wasn't as high on peoples draft boards LAST YEAR, and that is what we were debating.

The "icing on the cake" will probably be the fact that Poz wont go as high as Hawk did in the draft. Now there are quite a few factors that influence that and not all of it is talent so it's not the definitive marker.....that is why the draft boards from last year paint a much better picture in how NFL execs felt about the two and that was Hawk being better.
 09-09-2006, 07:42 AM         #125
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
Okay, the FACT remains that he wasn't as high on peoples draft boards LAST YEAR, and that is what we were debating.

The "icing on the cake" will probably be the fact that Poz wont go as high as Hawk did in the draft. Now there are quite a few factors that influence that and not all of it is talent so it's not the definitive marker.....that is why the draft boards from last year paint a much better picture in how NFL execs felt about the two and that was Hawk being better.
Regardless of where he might go in the draft, i know that Puz will have as justr as good a year as hawk did, and im not the one who said it was obvious Puz>>>>hawk, either..... both were, at one point, considered the best OLBer in the nation....
 11 years ago '05        #126
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
Regardless of where he might go in the draft, i know that Puz will have as justr as good a year as hawk did, and im not the one who said it was obvious Puz>>>>hawk, either..... both were, at one point, considered the best OLBer in the nation....
First, you dont KNOW that he will. He's coming off of a knee injury and he didn't perform to "par" last game. Connor on the other hand was GREAT.

As far as who was better last year. This is my interpretation of how the year went:

Beginning of the year: Hawk was EASILY considered better
Penn State beats Ohio State: Debate arose about who would be better
End of Year: Toss up
After Bowl Game: Hawk, but not by much.
 09-09-2006, 07:49 AM         #127
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its my opinion, i respect yours, so just let me be.... if he doesnt have one at th end of the 06 season i will admit it. but talentwize i think hes got the tools needed, although he didnt have the great OSU D that hawk had....

im not talking about you in particular, but i dont know why so many non PSU fans keep posting in here though... not een fans of a big 10 school.
 11 years ago '05        #128
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
its my opinion, i respect yours, so just let me be.... if he doesnt have one at th end of the 06 season i will admit it. but talentwize i think hes got the tools needed, although he didnt have the great OSU D that hawk had....

im not talking about you in particular, but i dont know why so many non PSU fans keep posting in here though... not een fans of a big 10 school.
I can respect anyone OPINION, but what you typed was as if it were fact. "You know" and "You think" are two different monsters.

As far as the "great D" I think they weren't THAT far off, but the fact that Hawk stood out on such a great D is yet another reason why I feel he should have been held in higher regard.

I get what you are saying, last year it was close and this year he has a chance to prove to be better. We'll see.

P.S. If you glance through the last one he made, people post in here becauase they dispute or agree with something. Not to mention the thread title seems to be a bit homeristic and you have instant "success" in drawing attention.
 09-09-2006, 07:54 AM         #129
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
I can respect anyone OPINION, but what you typed was as if it were fact. "You know" and "You think" are two different monsters.

As far as the "great D" I think they weren't THAT far off, but the fact that Hawk stood out on such a great D is yet another reason why I feel he should have been held in higher regard.

I get what you are saying, last year it was close and this year he has a chance to prove to be better. We'll see.

P.S. If you glance through the last one he made, people post in here becauase they dispute or agree with something. Not to mention the thread title seems to be a bit homeristic and you have instant "success" in drawing attention.
that is true.... i see us winning 10 games min tho.

i said i know long after you started talking about puz...
 11 years ago '05        #130
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
 Y2Luda said:

No really.........POSITIVE.

Not sure WHERE you are getting your clouded opinions from....WHO HAD HAWK as being better last year???? WHere are these people?

Sure as hell not anyone that REALLY mattered....

Paul Posluszny (born October 10, 1984 in Butler, Pennsylvania) is an American football player currently attending Pennsylvania State University. He is affectionately known to his fans as "The Puz". In 2005, he was named the year's best defensive college football player and the best linebacker.
Anything you post after this FACT is irrelevant.

Nice try on bringing up draft positioning. Anyone knows the better player in college doesn't always get drafted higher........look at past Heismans for example. Plus thats not what was being debated.

I didnt mean to get this brutal with FACTS, but don't play with my Lions
 09-09-2006, 10:53 AM         #131
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlamboyantONE said:

Not sure WHERE you are getting your clouded opinions from....WHO HAD HAWK as being better last year???? WHere are these people?

Paul Posluszny (born October 10, 1984 in Butler, Pennsylvania) is an American football player currently attending Pennsylvania State University. He is affectionately known to his fans as "The Puz". In 2005, he was named the year's best defensive college football player and the best linebacker.

Nice try on bringing up draft positioning. Anyone knows the better player in college doesn't always get drafted higher........look at past Heismans for example. Plus thats not what was being debated.

^^^^ im not getting into this again, but i just wanna add this too...

....The winner of the 2005 Bednarik Award as the nation’s top defensive player and the second Nittany Lion to win the Butkus Award as the nation’s top linebacker in the last six seasons (joining LaVar Arrington)....
...his combination of speed, instinct and ferocity once again will make him a leading candidate for the Bednarik, Butkus, Nagurski and Lombardi awards and a member of many Heisman Trophy watch lists as the season unfolds. Selected by Lindy’s as the preseason National Defensive Player-of-the-Year, Posluszny returns at 100 percent and eager for action....
Posluszny used his extensive rehabilitation workouts to not only get his knee back to 100 percent but added about 10 pounds of muscle to his already chiseled frame. A first-team All-Big Ten pick, his 256 career tackles are tied for eighth in the Penn State all-time annals with Trey Bauer and he stands just 88 stops from passing Greg Buttle’s career record of 343.
^^^pretty impressive if you consider that PSU is "Linebacker U"...

Last edited by DrunkenMonkey58; 09-09-2006 at 11:01 AM..
 09-09-2006, 11:00 AM         #132
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^ And i just found this...

.....Listed No. 4 overall on Mel Kiper’s 2007 NFL Draft board....
I Think A.J. Went 5th... :sick:

I guess I was wrong...
 11 years ago '05        #133
highryda 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,888 | Props total: 50 50
just wait til the notre dame game tonight

penn state 1-1
notre dame 2-0
 09-09-2006, 11:02 AM         #134
Shakur195  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanshoes said:
I had to make this thread cause its gonna happen this year

(couldnt find last years thread)

Who will they lose to?

Notre Dame? no fu*kin way

Ohio State? No they will beat them worse than last year

and the rest are easy oppponents

oh and playing Michigan at home they will destroy them!!!!!

< ----- Going to the pennstate and michigan game
 09-09-2006, 11:02 AM         #135
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^ all spectulation. ur opinions dont hurt us..... bring some cold, hard facts to the table (no homo)
 09-09-2006, 11:19 AM         #136
Lungs of Steel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gonna be a great game today.......go PSU mufu*kas
 11 years ago '05        #137
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
 highryda said:
just wait til the notre dame game tonight

penn state 1-1
notre dame 2-0

I dont know what is more disturbing...........

The fact that you think ND will BEAT PSU.........

or the fact that you think that the game comes on 'tonight'.
 11 years ago '05        #138
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 FlamboyantOne said:

I didnt mean to get this brutal with FACTS, but don't play with my Lions
As I said, negative.

That was one body of people that voted for him to win those awards. Just as in that case I can throw out there that the Big 10 Media voted AJ Hawk as the best defensive player in the league. It's rather funny that you make the sole determination of who was better on a group of people who's credientials you dont know. [Also Hawk won the Lombardi and was a Two Time All American].

Also, the better player doesn't always get drafted higher, that is true, but no so much in this case. We aren't talking about two differnt positions here, they play the same positions and the same style.....AJ was just regarded higher. With that knowledge they tend to pick the BETTER of the two if they are playing the same position. Nice try though.

Last edited by Y2Luda; 09-09-2006 at 12:12 PM..
 09-09-2006, 01:33 PM         #139
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlamboyantOne said:
I dont know what is more disturbing...........

The fact that you think ND will BEAT PSU.........

or the fact that you think that the game comes on 'tonight'.

GOT EM!!!
 11 years ago '06        #140
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
Morelli's gonna show his a.ss today, IMO....Should be a close game....PSU by 6....Hope Travis Thomas has a good game for ND tho, used to see alot of his HS games, so I pull for that n*ggaa.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy