Penn State Will Go Undefeated And Win It All ('06 edition)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
229 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
238 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should Penn State be playing for the National Championship against Ohio State?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #841
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
it was close for a team that should be #2

ball state was too
You're right, the Ball State game was disgusting....but I'll take a 7 point win in Happy Valley without Manningham anyday.

Penn State is a.ss, sorry to tell you. Michigan whooped them the entire game.
 11 years ago '04        #842
DramaKing 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 12 12
:stupid: :iagree:
 11 years ago '05        #843
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
Penn State fans should have seen this coming. They have to "recharge" for a couple years after a good one. I thought it was common knowledge: ;)
 11-06-2006, 08:39 PM         #844
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
d*ckridin

give jbeezy the points and dramaking the a.ssist and y2luda the flagrant foul

go mich
 11 years ago '05        #845
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
d*ckridin

give jbeezy the points and dramaking the a.ssist and y2luda the flagrant foul

go mich
Penn State = Pistons

Y2Luda = Ron Ron
 11-06-2006, 08:48 PM         #846
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
Penn State = Pistons

Y2Luda = Ron Ron

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaa

i needed a good laugh :D

if we lose one more game im gonna hang myself :sick:

im not even kiddin
 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM         #847
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
October 29, 2006
Nate Bauer
BlueWhiteIllustrated.com Editor

The Lions have hardly been consistent this season.

The running game has been great at times, suspect at others. Same with the play of quarterback Anthony Morelli.

Not to be glib, but one of the most consistent inconsistencies on the Lions' offense has been the play of the young wide receivers.

At the beginning of the season, part of the hope for Morelli's success rested in the hands of a much-heralded receiving unit.

Paterno wasn't very happy with his receivers' performances early in the game.
Sure, they were young and inexperienced, but the talent would outweigh that. Right?

Derrick Williams would come back from his injury, Jordan Norwood and Deon Butler would continue to surprise everyone with darkhorse performances, and Chris Bell was supposed to be the tall guy that could pluck any ball out of the air.

Yet, through nine games this season, the Nittany Lions' young receivers have played the part of an inexperienced unit rather than a deadly weapon. Saturday's performance against Purdue was just a continuation of the season's struggles at the position.

Butler said the Lions' four dropped passes were largely due to the blustry conditions in West Lafayette, Ind. Wind gusts reportedly reached as high as 50 miles per hour at Ross-Ade Stadium.

"That's the toughest conditions I think we've ever played in as far as the wind and having to really concentrate on the ball and catch it before making a play," Butler said.

If only they had known before the game began.

Eleven plays into Penn State's first possession, Williams simply dropped a certain first-down at the Boilermakers' 5-yard line. Yet again, a dropped pass stalled a Penn State drive.

Williams was hesitant to make excuses following the game, but admitted the wind's effect on the game was significant.

"I think that we should have practiced more with it, I think we could have focused more," he said. "But, there's going to be days like that where you play in the wind where it's a big factor of the game."

The Lions would put three points on the board with a 29-yard Kevin Kelly field goal, but the damage was done. The momentum of the first scoring opportunity of the game was spoiled.

Last Tuesday, Butler attributed the receivers' problems to trying not to make mistakes, rather than just trying to make plays.

Would Williams' early drop amount to a manifestation of Butler's analysis?

At first, it certainly seemed so. On the Lions' next possession, Butler would fall victim to the plague of Penn State dropped balls.

A wide-open pass to Butler over the middle hit his hands before dropping listlessly to the ground. Two possessions, two crucial dropped passes. Once again, the Lions' drive and momentum were k!lled.

The plague continued in the next drive with a Terrell Golden drop to finish the first quarter.

Butler commented that the wind's power had caught the receivers off guard, but rather than letting the plague continue, they wouldn't let the four early drops dominate their pysche throughout the remainder of the game.

He a.ssessed the problem.

"This is the first day I ever played in something this windy," Butler said. "I think a lot of our guys right at the last second took their eyes off the ball and the ball was dying out at the last second so you really had to concentrate the whole time until the ball got into your hands."

Williams said the wind took an early mental toll.

"It does (play with your mind)," he said. "You could see it on both sides of the ball today. There were receivers dropping it on both sides because that wind was so effective. It would just have a last second cut or the ball would take off and go somewhere that you didn't want it to go."

He was right. Purdue's receivers suffered the same fate as the Lions. At one point in the second quarter, the Boilermakers dropped three passes in two offensive series.

Sophomore receiver Jordan Norwood, who also dropped a pass on the day, said it's unacceptable to ever drop a ball if it hits your hands. But, Lions' head coach Joe Paterno said he understood the wind's impact on the game.

"I think the wind was playing tricks on us catching the ball," he said. "I think Purdue had as many dropped balls as we did so the wind was a factor for us both."

Penn State quarterbacks' coach Jay Paterno said the same thing. At halftime, the younger Paterno was overheard saying that the wind was making Morelli's usually crisp spirals turn into knuckleballs.

While Purdue continued to struggle throughout the game, the Lions were able to overcome their early struggles. Of course, a little pep talk from the Penn State coaching staff couldn't have hurt.

"Coach obviously was angry, but he has a right to be," Butler said. "We're receivers. If it touches our hands then we should catch it."

Butler continued by saying a little more focus and an ability to learn from mistakes would give the Lions receivers a shot at having a better showing against Wisconsin.

Asked if he's looking forward to a game without the wind, Norwood cracked a smile.

"I wouldn't mind it," he said.
 11 years ago '04        #848
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,190 | Props total: 5466 5466
why do we keep resurrecting this thread?
 11-06-2006, 09:02 PM         #849
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ you a giants fan so imma leave you alone
 11 years ago '04        #850
space
space
 11-06-2006, 09:08 PM         #851
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Penn state fan for lyfe

I also root for the scarlet knights... them dudes is k!llin it right now over @ rutgers
 11 years ago '04        #852
space
space
yessir....rutgers=baaaalllinn this season
 11-06-2006, 09:18 PM         #853
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ yeah man just like those giants

if only anthony morelli were playin like eli... and derrick williams would be plex...
 11 years ago '05        #854
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 Young Professa said:
yessir....rutgers=baaaalllinn this season
Rutgers has playe done of the biggest jokes of a schedule to this point.

They should be right around #25. They have a chance to prove themselves in two days though.
 11-07-2006, 12:28 PM         #855
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ why must you bust every bubble of a hope or dream I have?!?

Y2Luda; The Devils Advocate
 11-11-2006, 12:36 PM         #856
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Penn State plays Temple today

should be an easy win
 11 years ago '05        #857
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
Lets go State!! Only reason i'm going to the game is because my friend got a free ticket...I definately wouldn't pay for this sh*t. For those of you that aren't in Happy Valley now, peace and love.
 11-11-2006, 03:53 PM         #858
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ yessir we gotta sick together after this kind of season
 11-11-2006, 05:53 PM         #859
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice job penn state 47-0
 11-12-2006, 12:20 PM         #860
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think we are getting the picure

State>>>
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy