Penn State Will Go Undefeated And Win It All ('06 edition)

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should Penn State be playing for the National Championship against Ohio State?
Yes 3 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-08-2006, 11:52 AM         #721
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4-2

biggest game of the year coming up next week
 10-08-2006, 11:53 AM         #722
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mich is goin down

then OSU can pick on the remains of what was an overrated wolverines team
 11 years ago '05        #723
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 lilsnatch770 said:
should have lost that game too

Penn State sucks nuts, just figure it out
...and didn't Michigan State beat you this year?

I'd hush........quickly.
 10-09-2006, 07:48 PM         #724
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Manningham is out for the game...no bullsh*t last second plays
 10-09-2006, 07:49 PM         #725
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanshoes said:
Manningham is out for the game...no bullsh*t last second plays

ill be hapy to ruin their NC chances like they did ours last year

its gonna be OSU vs Florida for the NC
 10-09-2006, 07:54 PM         #726
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
ill be hapy to ruin their NC chances like they did ours last year

its gonna be OSU vs Florida for the NC
almost right...OSU vs. West Virginia...Florida wont go undefeated in the SEC
 10-09-2006, 07:55 PM         #727
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanshoes said:
almost right...OSU vs. West Virginia...Florida wont go undefeated in the SEC

they might not.... :rolleyes:

after the LSU Game im a believer :wow:
 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM         #728
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha manningham is only out for one game fitting that he misses the penn state game
 11 years ago '05        #729
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 jordanshoes said:
haha manningham is only out for one game fitting that he misses the penn state game
He's out more than that from what I've been told.
 10-11-2006, 05:09 PM         #730
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OSU vs WVU... I dont think Florida can run the table its to tough.. I have trouble thinkin OSU will but intill someone does it they will be the favorite.. Plus they got the most underrated player in the country.. Pittman
 10-11-2006, 06:02 PM         #731
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
OSU vs WVU... I dont think Florida can run the table its to tough.. I have trouble thinkin OSU will but intill someone does it they will be the favorite.. Plus they got the most underrated player in the country.. Pittman
yea good point. but WVU is a big east team :thumbsdow

without them and louville, the big east is a D1-AA Division
 10-11-2006, 06:03 PM         #732
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
He's out more than that from what I've been told.
i heard hes out till the OSU game.... you know hes not gonna miss that, even if hes gotta suit up in a wheelchair....
 10-11-2006, 06:04 PM         #733
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah but aint no one wanna see WVU in the game after what they did to "sec powerhouse" Georgia.. WVU cant stop you but they cant be stopped.. Most fun football to watch
 10-11-2006, 06:07 PM         #734
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
Yeah but aint no one wanna see WVU in the game after what they did to "sec powerhouse" Georgia.. WVU cant stop you but they cant be stopped.. Most fun football to watch

yeah, its a shootout for sure

im hearing some steve slaton-for-MVP cases from my friend in Virginia now :wow:
 11 years ago '05        #735
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
i heard hes out till the OSU game.... you know hes not gonna miss that, even if hes gotta suit up in a wheelchair....
He's not out that long, from what I've heard.

Should be ready by the Ball State game, but due to that being a soft part of the schedule I'm sure they'll rest him and make extra sure he is 100%.

RakimAllahNY said:
Georgia was great against the PASS last year, not the run. I have yet to see WVU go up against a team that is prominant in stopping the run. This years Ohio State team isn't the best at that, so I'm not saying they will be the ones. I will however say that I have much more faith in our D getting more stops agaisnt their O than vise versa. WVU has looked rather average on that side of the ball.
 10-11-2006, 06:46 PM         #736
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ without mario, we have a decent shot of beating UM... if morelli doest play like sh*t :banghead:

we gotta get the running game started... that will take some pressure of of him....
 11 years ago '05        #737
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
^^^ without mario, we have a decent shot of beating UM... if morelli doest play like sh*t :banghead:

we gotta get the running game started... that will take some pressure of of him....
I agree that PSU has a shot at beating them and it went up with MM being out.

With that said, I still dont think PSU wins. Michigan hasn't let a player rush for over 100 all year and the only team to rush for over 100 was Minnesota [something like 105-110 total yards rushing]. They only average giving up about 40 some odd yards on the ground. Unless Morelli can show something he hasn't really shown all year, which is poise, and get the ball to those talented wide outs Michigan is going to be able to key in on the run. They have the DB's to put 8 or 9 in the box, and if they can get away with that it will be a long day for PSU.

I'm interested in that backup QB you guys have. He's shown promise everytime I've seen him.
 10-11-2006, 06:54 PM         #738
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ yeah, like i said, we gotta get the running game started... that will be a challenge... we also gotta stop Mich's running game...
 10-12-2006, 08:06 PM         #739
DrunkenMonkey58  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steve Megargee
Rivals.com College Football Staff

Perhaps no 1,000-yard rusher from a BCS school sailed under the radar last season as much as Penn State's Tony Hunt.

Quarterback Michael Robinson collected most of the touchdowns. Butkus Award-winning linebacker Paul Posluszny earned most of the headlines.

Hunt simply went about his business and gained a team-high 1,047 yards amid little fanfare.

"I think I said earlier in the year that he is probably one of the most underrated backs in the country," Penn State coach Joe Paterno said.

Not anymore.

Now that Hunt has emerged as arguably Penn State's most valuable player, his days of relative anonymity have ended.

While quarterback Anthony Morelli struggles with inconsistency in his first year as a starter, Hunt has developed into the heartbeat of Penn State's offense. The senior tailback has rushed for at least 135 yards in his last four games.

Hunt doesn't mind the extra publicity that has accompanied his recent success, but the lack of attention last year also never bothered him.

He understands that fans might prefer guys who possess the speed to go the distance on any play. Hunt is more of a grind-it-out runner whose contributions aren't obvious until you look at the stat sheet after the game.

"I understand it completely," Hunt said. "When I watch games, I like to see certain things happen. But when you're playing the game and being a part of a team, you just want to get the job done. People who really matter appreciate it – the style we play – as long as we get the job done."

He certainly has done that.

Hunt doesn't necessarily have breakaway ability – his longest carry of the season is only 34 yards – but he makes up for it with endurance. The more Hunt carries the ball, the stronger he gets.

That much became obvious last week.

Penn State's hopes of defending its Big Ten title would have virtually disintegrated with a loss at Minnesota. The Golden Gophers had just tied the game 14-14 when Penn State got the ball back early in the fourth quarter.

Hunt proceeded to get the ball eight times in a nine-play stretch – including five carries in a row – as the Nittany Lions went on an 82-yard touchdown drive. He scored the winning touchdown in overtime and finished the day with 144 yards on a career-high 31 carries.

"When it's getting late in the game and the ballgame's on the line and guys are tired out there, that's when you've really got to dig deep and pull out whatever you've got," Hunt said. "When you're tired, everyone else is tired, too. You have to take advantage of them being a little more tired than you are."

Hunt's been wearing opposing defenses out all year.

He has run for 669 yards this season and ranks 11th in the nation with 111.5 rushing yards per game. Hunt moved into 10th place on Penn State's career rushing list last week and can enter the top five with a second consecutive 1,000-yard season.

"My brother was a running back, and I've been around a lot of running backs,'' said sophomore wide receiver Derrick Williams, the younger sibling of former North Carolina letterman Domonique Williams. "And (Hunt's) the best I've ever seen."

Now comes his biggest test yet.

As good as Hunt looked last week, he was facing a Minnesota team that had the Big Ten's worst rushing defense at the time. This week he must deal with a Michigan defense that ranks first in the nation against the run.

The Wolverines have allowed just 1.7 yards per carry all season. Notre Dame's Darius Walker and Wisconsin's P.J. Hill – two of the nation's better tailbacks - couldn't combine for 100 rushing yards against Michigan.

"They have got some kids who can play really well and are in good position and well coached," Paterno said. "They are very similar to Ohio State."

Then again, Hunt rushed for 135 yards against Ohio State last month as part of his remarkable four-game run.

Michigan coach Lloyd Carr knows Hunt well enough to realize the importance of slowing him down. Hunt gained 102 yards on just 14 carries against the Wolverines last season.

"We tried to recruit him here," Carr said. "I thought for a minute we were going to get him."

Indeed, Hunt had narrowed his choices down to Penn State and Michigan before deciding to head east.

"I thought Michigan was a really good school and liked the tradition there," Hunt said. "I ultimately felt more comfortable at Penn State.''

He has grown increasingly comfortable as his senior year has worn on. Hunt is the first Penn State player since Larry Johnson in 2002 to rush for at least 100 yards four consecutive times.

He now will try to become the first Penn State player to reach the century mark in five straight games since Curtis Enis, who rushed for at least 100 yards in each of his last eight regular-season games in 1997.

A fifth straight 100-yard effort could help Penn State avenge its only loss from a year ago. Michigan defeated Penn State 27-25 last year when Mario Manningham caught a 10-yard touchdown pass on the final play of the game.

Hunt isn't citing personal goals or a revenge motive when he discusses the importance of this game. Instead of worrying about what happened last year, Hunt is emphasizing the need for Penn State to make a statement this year.

Penn State already got blown out by Notre Dame and failed to hold a halftime lead against Ohio State. This represents one more opportunity for the Nittany Lions to prove they have regained their status as a national power.

"We need to come out with a big win against a big-name team," Hunt said. "This is our chance right here."

Penn State's best chance likely involves keeping the game close enough for Hunt to make a difference in the fourth quarter.

He prepared himself in the offseason for this very scenario. Knowing he was about to inherit a greater workload, Hunt started practicing harder and eating better to make sure he was strong enough to carry a team down the stretch.

"It helps out a lot, when you get that many carries late in ballgames, to have a little juice left to finish games off and finish runs off," Hunt said.

Penn State's closer now finds himself working more this season.

Hunt averaged 15.8 carries per game in the regular season last year before a sprained ankle knocked him out of the Orange Bowl early. He has averaged 27.7 rushes per game the last three weeks.

Paterno acknowledged the Nittany Lions may have to monitor the back's workload the rest of the season.

"We have to be careful with Hunt," Paterno said. "There is no question. You carry the ball 31 times (against Minnesota) and he didn't make a nickel on the outside. Every yard he made, he made inside. He's tough."

The national media may not have mentioned Hunt's name much last season.

But his coaches are calling it quite often this year.
 11 years ago '04        #740
dznutz_22 
space
space
$252 | Props total: 0 0
I'll be there Saturday Night, 8 PM in attendance!!! They're expecting over 110,000 strong!! WE ARE...PENN STATE!!! Should be a good game tho, somethin about PSU at night, at home, under the lights, dunno what it is man but that stadium and atmosphere is unexplainable, I think we beat scUM this weekend!! Catch y'all Sunday!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy