Is lifting then playing basketball the same day bad?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
7971 pageviews
5 comments

93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
Is lifting then playing basketball the same day bad?

Okay since I'm a basketball fanatic rather just an all around athlete. I love to keep myself in shape. In fact I lift before I go play ball on most days. Last week thats all I did. Now I don't do total body workouts if thats what u thinking, like the upper body and lower body all in the same day and then go play ball. I'd have to be crazy if I'm goin to do that. But I found out that I'm normally sore and not playing to the best of my abilities on the court. However, I don't want to sit around for a full day and not play ball. I did take a day off from playin ball last week because my body felt extremely tired. lol But whats the best route? Should I play ball on the days I lift or should I take the evening off?

5 comments for "Is lifting then playing basketball the same day bad?"

11 years ago '04        #2
$tr3tch 
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 0 0
u'd be better off takin it off homie. Whats happenin when u do both is ur overexerting ur body which is causin ur muscle growth to be less effective than it could be. 3 summers ago thats what i was doin too cuz i wanted to get big but still have the same presence on the court n i ended up stayin relatively the same size (got pretty cut tho). Its basically more work for less results, but if ur gonna do this no matter what, then space it out as much as possible, workout early in the morning n play ball late in the evening so ur body has time to recouperate after ur workout.
 11 years ago '06        #3
kosterzoo 
space
space
$820 | Props total: 2 2
If you do weights, wait 4hours, then go play ball thats fine and in some instances it'll make you feel better playing ball (i forget what its called but its todo with opening the neural pathways)

BUT i think it only works for strength training.... DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS!

(will be back later with the actual facts)
 11 years ago '06        #4
kosterzoo 
space
space
$820 | Props total: 2 2
Here it is direct cut and paste from Charles Poliquin

Q: I've found that if I lift weights a few hours before my karate lesson, I have much greater speed and strength in my strikes. Is that normal? Shouldn't I be fatigued?

A: No, it's quite normal that your karate-specific strength is enhanced by a weight training workout before going to the dojo. Optimally, you should have 4-6 hours between the two sessions. What you are experiencing is a phenomenon called post-tetanic facilitation. When you recruit high-threshold motor units, like you do in a weight-training workout, and take a subsequent 10-minute rest period, there's a temporary increase in strength lasting 4-6 hours. That's why Ben Johnson used to do heavy squats before a race and achieve those world record starts. This trick for enhanced power performance is thought to have been developed by former Soviet Union sprinter Valery Borsov, Olympic gold medalist of the early seventies.

Best of luck at the dojo.
 11 years ago '06        #5
93G4Life  OP
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
Hmm.. Okay.. that was my problem.. So i should listen to my body basically. if its tired take a day off.. THAnks!
 09-11-2006, 01:42 AM         #6
unfadable_7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good info...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy