Sep 4 - 'Crocodile Hunter' Dead at 44

most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Props Slaps
 09-04-2006, 02:34 AM         #101
pockketz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rip i still cant believe it, but i cant say that it wasnt gonna happen sooner or later, he was that dude tho rip
 09-04-2006, 02:35 AM         #102
masta_mind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Karma, you get what you put out, I guess itís payback for all the innocent animals He tranquilized. Straight to the hart, by natures tranqualizer.
 09-04-2006, 02:38 AM         #103
dvd07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sherekhan said:
Damn, least he died doing what he loved. RIP
straight up. rip
 11 years ago '05        #104
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
RIP Steve Irwin......he Australia on da map!!!
 09-04-2006, 02:46 AM         #105
??? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P. S.Irwin

he was wild and entertaining
 11 years ago '05        #106
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 masta_mind said:
Karma, you get what you put out, I guess itís payback for all the innocent animals He tranquilized. Straight to the hart, by natures tranqualizer.
Are you kidding? He loved animals, if ever he tranquilised them it was for their own good (e.g. to help an injusred animal), or at the very worst, a way to take them to his zoo...

Damn...RIP a madman and a legend.

Gotta feel sorry for his wife, it could be days before she finds out.
 09-04-2006, 02:50 AM         #107
kingweedman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P to Steve (Crocodile Hunter) Irwin you will be sadly missed over here in Australia you were a legend in mine and most Australians eyes
 11 years ago '04        #108
jayt 
space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
r.i.p
 09-04-2006, 03:04 AM         #109
masta_mind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
would you like to spend your entire life behind bars, and if you do get out all your instincts are not intact, so you become easy prey.
man he deserve it, one for mother nature
 11 years ago '04        #110
droopy5631 
space
space
space
$402 | Props total: 2 2
RIP Steve
 11 years ago '04        #111
Thirdeye 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 4 4
DAMN R.I.P. steve irwin the wildest n*gga in the wild life.I really didn't believe that sh*t until more and more sources came up.But i think this had to happen some day,even he knew that.I feel sad for his wife and kids tho
 09-04-2006, 03:19 AM         #112
Runningonempty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was k!lled Monday by a stingray while filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.
ADVERTISEMENT

Irwin was k!lled by a stingray barb to the heart on Batt Reef, off the remote resort town of Port Douglas in northeastern Queensland state, his wildlife park Australia Zoo said in a statement.

Crew members aboard Irwin's boat, Croc One, called emergency services in the nearest city, Cairns, and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead a short time later, the statement said.

Irwin was famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchword "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter," which was first broadcast in Australia in 1992 and has aired around the world on the Discovery channel.

He rode his image into a feature film, and developed the Australia Zoo as a tourist attraction.

"The world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest dads on the planet," John Stainton, Irwin's friend and producer, said in the statement. "He died doing what he loves best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. Crocs Rule!"

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer, who used a photograph of his family at Australia Zoo for his official Christmas card last year, hailed Irwin for his work in promoting Australia through projects such as "G'Day LA," an Australian tourism and trade promotion week in Los Angeles in January.

"The minister knew him, was fond of him and was very, very appreciative of all the work he'd done to promote Australia overseas," Downer's spokesman Tony Parkinson said.

Irwin's dedication to conservationist causes led him to become a vocal critic of wildlife hunts in Australia. The federal government recently dropped plans to allow crocodile safaris for wealthy tourists in the Northern Territory following his vehement objections.

Irwin told the Australian television program "A Current Affair" that "killing one of our beautiful animals in the name of trophy hunting will have a very negative impact on tourism, which scares the living daylights out of me."

However, Irwin had also received negative publicity in recent years. In January 2004, he stunned onlookers at the Australia Zoo reptile park by carrying his month-old son into a crocodile pen during a wildlife show. He tucked the infant under one arm while tossing the 13-foot reptile a piece of meat with the other.

Authorities declined to charge Irwin for violating safety regulations.

Later that year, he was accused of getting too close to penguins, a seal and humpback whales in Antarctica while making a documentary. Irwin denied any wrongdoing, and an Australian Environment Department investigation recommended no action be taken.

He is survived by his American wife Terri, from Eugene, Ore., and their daughter Bindi Sue, 8, and son Bob, who will turn 3 in December.

The couple met when she went on vacation in Australia in 1991 and visited Irwin's Australia Zoo; they were married six months later. Sometimes referred to as the Crocodile Huntress, she costarred on her husband's television show and in the 2002 movie, "The Crocodile Hunters: Collision Course."

Stingrays have flat bodies and tails with serrated spines, which contain venom and can cause cuts and puncture wounds. The creatures are not aggressive and injury usually occurs when a swimmer or diver accidentally steps on one.
 11 years ago '05        #113
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 LOCO666 said:
you beat me to it...an aussie shouldve posted this

RIP...steve irwin...fu*king legend...

any1 who makes a joke outta this sh*t deserves to die
:iagree: dude was hilarious. always wanted to meet him on a serious note. R.I.P. Steve Irwin.
 11 years ago '04        #114
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,348 | Props total: 8443 8443
Found This:

Never underestimate the penetrating ability of a stingray's barb, even on the smallest of rays. The ray's barb is designed to penetrate virtually all sorts of dense materials, including wood and leather. And as unbelievable as it may seem, it's been documented that large stingrays are able to drive a barb through a boat's wooden planks or completely through a persons arm or leg.

According to Dr. Shipp, when a stingray strikes, it either removes its barb entirely, or breaks it off inside of the victim. When this occurs, doctors must probe the wound to make sure all particles have been removed, so the injury will not result in gangrene. In cases where the barb deeply penetrated, the wound must be enlarged to make sure it is properly cleaned.

Aside from the pain and serious laceration caused by the razor-sharp barb, which can sever arteries and possibly an Achilles tendon, a poison is released that can produce a drastic decrease in blood pressure, increased pulse, dizziness and possible shock.

Damn
RIP
 09-04-2006, 03:32 AM         #115
MzGangstaGirl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RIP sad day today, damn shame, from a stingray
 09-04-2006, 03:33 AM         #116
JOHNNYMAFIO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
police should look for the stingray and lock it up....fareal tho animal prison why not n*ggas:finger: stingrays
 09-04-2006, 03:34 AM         #117
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im not gonna be an a**hole on this occasion, cuz this was some serious sh*t
Tha Mayne had a passion for what he did and kept doin it
RIP for real

NEVER saw this comin in 06, NEVA
 09-04-2006, 03:40 AM         #118
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P Steve Irwin
 11 years ago '06        #119
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
RIP....was a good man, Prayers go out to his loved ones

heres tha news vid

09-04-2006, 03:44 AM         #120
masta_mind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Itís kinda weird where there is more animals on the planet the people know less about them, sure they know they exist, but they respect them enough to leave them alone, and treat them with the same respect as another creature of nature. (this is b4 European contact of course)

Another weird thing, until European contact most cultures had no concept of zoos.

Itís the god complex

Going to dream about that stingray kung fu style. Itís call the piercing poison technique.....With tale of water dragon

Another one for mother nature.

Last edited by masta_mind; 09-04-2006 at 03:46 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now