Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
77 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-23-2006, 05:50 AM         #201
AZNFam3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont understand it
 09-23-2006, 07:49 AM         #202
ItsYaboyJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Omar = The Churchgoing, Snitchin, Drug Dealin, Gangsta f*g**t

^^^Done It All!

Hey Renaldo, next time you done with the box you need to Holla at it Yo!

They don't have the Honey Nut?! I bet that's what they wanted alright

Last edited by ItsYaboyJay; 09-23-2006 at 07:53 AM..
 09-23-2006, 09:52 AM         #203
dapasswordis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wuzz good wire fan?

first off i jus found this thread and i'm glad i did. secondly, i jus finished reading all 200+ post so i could b up wit y'all. well i kinda skipped the hbo on demand post 4 this weeks episode...i don't have hbo on demand, so i didn't wanna spoil my sunday nite ritual. thirdly, i agree, this need needs 2 b sticky right next 2 boondocks.

the following post r my contributions 2 this "should b sticky" thread...didn't wanna jus jump n and not add nothin'.
 09-23-2006, 09:56 AM         #204
dapasswordis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
imo, the wire is the best show n television history. check this article out by bill simmons from espn. this article alone will/has increased the viewership of the best show n television history :applause:...did i say that already...

Bill Simmons espn
"The Wire"
Readers kept telling me to watch this show. They implored me. They kept e-mailing me. They badgered me. I didn't listen. As I've described multiple times in this space, I hate being told that I should watch a show; I like discovering them at my own speed. And if it made me three or four years late for the party with classics like "The Sopranos" and "24," so be it. It's just that I can't willingly jump onto a show; it needs to happen organically.

For instance, here's what happened with "The Wire:" On a Tuesday night in mid-August, the Sports Gal and I were home with nothing to watch and ending up stumbling onto "The Wire Re-Up" button on HBO On Demand. I'd been avoiding this show for four years because the Baltimore drug scene didn't appeal to me unless Raffie Palmeiro and Miggy Tejada were involved. But the Sports Gal was the one who said, "Let's watch the first show of 'The Wire' and see if we like it."

Within 10 minutes, we were hooked. We ended up banging out three episodes the first night and another three the second night. Then our cable system switched to a new provider ... and all the Season 1 episodes disappeared into thin air. Now we were scrambling. None of the video stores around us had Season 1 in stock. I ended up ordering Season 1 online (two-day delivery courtesy of Amazon Prime), but we were so hooked on the show that when someone returned Season 1 to our video store, we rented the last three discs that same night. We banged out the last seven episodes in two nights before the DVD was even delivered. That's how hooked we were.

I'll go this far: I'd put Season 1 of "The Wire" against anything. The first three seasons of "The Sopranos." Seasons 1 or 2 of "24." The first seasons of "NYPD Blue," "ER" or "Miami Vice." You name it. I have never seen a show like it. Season 2 wasn't as good (if Season 1 was an A-plus-plus-plus, then Season 2 was a B-plus), and we're just about to dive into Season 3, so I don't have an opinion on that yet. Everyone seems to agree that they outdid themselves with Season 4 and that it's a legitimate masterpiece. Just know that you can absolutely start watching Season 4 without having seen the other three seasons. It's not an ideal way to break into the show, but you can do it.

Without giving too much away, four more things you need to know:

A. Before I started watching "The Wire," my four favorite TV/movie detectives of all-time were Sonny Crockett ("Miami Vice"); Jack Cates ("48 Hrs."); Johnny Kelly ("NYPD Blue"); and Nick Curran (Michael Douglas' character in "Basic Instinct"), who couldn't break away from Sharon Stone even though he knew that every time she climbed on top during s3x, there was a 50 percent chance she might ram an ice pick into his chest. But Jimmy McNulty in "The Wire" (played by Dominic West) ... he might end up beating them all before everything's said and done. He might have even moved to No. 1 during the scene in Season 2 when they raid a brothel and he ends up in a threesome before the rest of the cops arrive. Not even Sonny Crockett would have done that.

B. I love any show with a slew of mostly no-name actors that bang their roles out of the park, although it was weird to see one of the leads from "Remember the Titans" playing drug lord Avon Barksdale. With that said, Alonzo Mourning gives an inspired performance as Stringer Bell (Avon's manipulative consigliere). Maybe the best athlete/Hollywood crossover since Kareem in "Airplane."

(Wait, that's not Alonzo Mourning? Are we positive?)

C. In an attempt to be gritty, they didn't cast any of those Angie Harmon/Jill Hennessey types who always seem unrealistically cute for a drug/crime show set in a place like Baltimore. And since the actresses on the show are average-looking down the line, guess what happens? It's like the Lambeau parking lot, any press box or any NESCAC keg party ... the females who do appear on this show end up seeming disproportionately hot by about the fifth episode. Absolutely bizarre. I love when this happens.

D. Omar might be my favorite HBO villain since Adebici. And that's saying something.

Anyway, I can't believe I didn't watch this show sooner. It enrages me. I'm not doing the "YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS SHOW OR YOUR WHOLE LIFE WILL BE INCOMPLETE!" routine, because that might scare you away. Just know that it's one of the five greatest shows I've ever seen. And I hope you stumble across it some day.

Organically, of course.
 09-23-2006, 10:10 AM         #205
dapasswordis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here's a rewrite of wood harris' interview from the vibe...

q: people are disappointed that you aren't returning to the wire
a: i did a three-year bid on the wire
q: damn, that's how you feel about it?
a: it wasn't a bad experience. i just had my televison woes. i never relly hobnobbed with the whole tv crowd, but i love the cast -they're my real brothers. that's what i miss the most, the fellas.
q: but you were through with the show?
a: i asked to be k!lled. but they put me in jail just so they could keep somebody around. that show got rid of too much great talent. they got rid of larry gilliard jr. (d'angelo), a big loss. then they got rid of idris elba (stringer bell). i was like, k!ll me, man. k!ll me!! (laughs) show me in jail again? nah, there's nothing in it for me.

some more questions and answers about his future...nothing else about the wire.

while i'll agree the loss of key characters was crucial, imo it added 2 the realism of the show. believe it or not, most gangsta die or end up n jail. of the way they all left, stringer’s demise was a classic… “well get on wit it mutha” – classic sh*t.

reading avon’s take, he sounds a little bitter. that said, i have never seen a character he created that I didn’t like. he has a huge future.

Last edited by dapasswordis; 09-23-2006 at 12:58 PM..
 09-23-2006, 10:16 AM         #206
dapasswordis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its 4th season just begun, 'The Wire' gets OK for 5th
Latest rave reviews delight HBO brass

By David Zurawik
sun television critic

September 13, 2006

In a surprise move that will guarantee 125 jobs and pump at least $17.5 million into the local economy next year, HBO will announce today that it is renewing its Peabody Award-winning drama, The Wire, for a fifth season.

The Baltimore-based series about urban America began its fourth season Sunday night, greeted by a crush of critical acclaim, including an "appreciation" on The New York Times' editorial page calling the series "the closest that moving pictures have come so far to the depth and nuance of the novel."

"We are delighted - though not surprised - at the initial critical response to the new season of The Wire," Carolyn Strauss, president of HBO Entertainment, said in a statement. "David Simon and his remarkable creative team have a riveting and thought-provoking series that's unlike anything else on TV."

In a statement, HBO confirmed reports in Sunday's Sun that the fifth season would look at the role of mass media in contributing to cities' dysfunction.

"For four seasons, we have depicted that part of urban America which has been left behind by the economy and by the greater society, and chronicled entrenched problems that have gone without solution for generations now," Simon, the 46-year-old creator of the series, says in the statement.

According to Simon, the fifth season will focus on the economy in answering the questions: "Why? What is it that we see and sense about these problems? To what are we giving attention, and what is it that we consistently ignore? How do we actually see ourselves?"

At the end of Season 3, in December 2004, it seemed as if HBO was about to cancel the series. But, not ready to abandon his vision, Simon wrote story arcs and scripts for another season that were so compelling that HBO gave him another year.

The expectation by Simon himself was that HBO would see how ratings went this season before committing to a fifth season. In an interview in Sunday's Sun, Simon vowed to write a fifth and final season as a novel if HBO did not renew the series.

The ratings Sunday for the Season 4 premiere - 1.53 million - were only slightly better than those of Season 3, when cancellation seemed imminent - an average of 1.49 million. But looking at The Wire's critical acclaim and at technology that allows the series to be marketed in new ways, HBO sees a series worth renewing.

A final audience measurement for Sunday's screening won't be available for weeks - the time it will take for an independent ratings service to canvass cable systems across the country for the number of viewers who saw the episode On Demand. In addition, Nielsen Media Research this week will be measuring the number of viewers for nine additional replays of The Wire's premiere on various HBO channels.

"All of these - plus people recording the show on DVRs for later viewing - are ways that we hope more people will be accessing The Wire," said David Baldwin, executive vice president for program planning at HBO. "We've made a concerted effort to put it on in as many places as we possibly can."

By way of comparison, other Sunday-night viewing included 20.7 million people watching NFL football on NBC, while 13.0 million tuned in for Part 1 of ABC's controversial docudrama The Path to 9/11.

:finger: rating systems :finger: folk r missing out on some classic stuff here. ask bill simmons.
 09-23-2006, 10:31 AM         #207
dapasswordis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
along with many others n the 4year history of this classic, the scene with snoop n the hardware store buying the nail gun is an absolute classic!! "nah man, u keep that bump...u earned it"

Snoop, an androgynous, cold-blooded k!lling machine played by Baltimore's Felicia Pearson

Snoop Pearson got her degree from the school of hard knocks and the lessons that she has learned are paying off. She is young and although she has lived a thousand lifetimes, she is just starting out with her whole life to look forward to.

Her manager Ally Roberson,writes this about Snoop:

On May 18th 1980 a premature baby girl, Snoop Pearson, was born f!ghting to survive. Hours old and about 3lbs, doctors didn't expect her to live, Moms and Pops were locked up, so she was on her own. Days went by and she was holding on so Snoop, was made a ward of the court and was placed with a Foster Grandmother on the Eastside of Baltimore. She was so small she was fed with an eyedropper until she grew stronger.

There is no pretty story here, just the gritty truth of growing up in the system on the Baltimore streets but...Snoop is a survivor. While other 12 year olds were in school Snoop was learning the drug game. While other 14 year olds were starting high school, Snoop was standing before the judge being sentenced to an 8 year bid. She finished school while behind bars and earned an education the hard way. Snoop was released 6 years later in 2000. Her pretty face showing no sign of the struggle life had been for her so far. She's not trying to be pretty, she just is and she'll pull your girl if you're not careful. I witnessed this myself when the waitress blushed and gave her special treatment as we ate dinner one night in a Brooklyn restaurant.
 11 years ago '04        #208
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 10 10
for those that have demand could you please not spoil it for us directv owners?
 11 years ago '04        #209
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
naw fu*k that^^^^ just playing... i got you. it don't even feel right watching that sh*t before sunday. but i did it anyway. i couldn't resist
 11 years ago '04        #210
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
 dapasswordis said:
along with many others n the 4year history of this classic, the scene with snoop n the hardware store buying the nail gun is an absolute classic!! "nah man, u keep that bump...u earned it"

Snoop, an androgynous, cold-blooded k!lling machine played by Baltimore's Felicia Pearson

Snoop Pearson got her degree from the school of hard knocks and the lessons that she has learned are paying off. She is young and although she has lived a thousand lifetimes, she is just starting out with her whole life to look forward to.

Her manager Ally Roberson,writes this about Snoop:

On May 18th 1980 a premature baby girl, Snoop Pearson, was born f!ghting to survive. Hours old and about 3lbs, doctors didn't expect her to live, Moms and Pops were locked up, so she was on her own. Days went by and she was holding on so Snoop, was made a ward of the court and was placed with a Foster Grandmother on the Eastside of Baltimore. She was so small she was fed with an eyedropper until she grew stronger.

There is no pretty story here, just the gritty truth of growing up in the system on the Baltimore streets but...Snoop is a survivor. While other 12 year olds were in school Snoop was learning the drug game. While other 14 year olds were starting high school, Snoop was standing before the judge being sentenced to an 8 year bid. She finished school while behind bars and earned an education the hard way. Snoop was released 6 years later in 2000. Her pretty face showing no sign of the struggle life had been for her so far. She's not trying to be pretty, she just is and she'll pull your girl if you're not careful. I witnessed this myself when the waitress blushed and gave her special treatment as we ate dinner one night in a Brooklyn restaurant.
props for this, snoop is my favorite character...
 11 years ago '06        #211
Riley Freeman 
space
space
$2,172 | Props total: 36 36
Where is the sticky ? We wont stop till we get it .
 09-23-2006, 09:16 PM         #212
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, i didn't realize that Snoop was female. Maybe I missed that part of the ep where they may have mentioned it.

Seeing her in the hardware store talking about k!lling people with that nailgun was chilling! damn good acting.

I did kinda think she looked a bit like a girl, but didn't think they'd have a girl running the streets with them, you know?
 11 years ago '04        #213
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Riley Freeman said:
Where is the sticky ? We wont stop till we get it .

he right c*cksuckin MODS we aint stoppin... haha
 11 years ago '05        #214
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
I really wanna so Slims people go at war with marlo people again.....fu*k all that other sh*t~
 11 years ago '04        #215
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,609 | Props total: 4060 4060
Post your wire trivia game rank mine is 1663
 11 years ago '05        #216
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
whens the new episode goin up tonight or tomorow?
 11 years ago '04        #217
ImSoBroke 
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 28 28
 BurninLz said:

at midnight i think for on demand and the old one is tonight at 9
 11 years ago '05        #218
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,682 | Props total: 6464 6464
 BurninLz said:
it was up @12:01 for me
 11 years ago '06        #219
Riley Freeman 
space
space
$2,172 | Props total: 36 36
 P DRILLA said:
it was up @12:01 for me
same here ep.4 was decent
 11 years ago '06        #220
authenic 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$5,228 | Props total: 1819 1819
exp 42 gonna be a good one... looks like Michael is the streets no.1 draft pick...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
59 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
103 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
61 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
52 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
114 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy