NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-28-2006, 11:14 PM         #281
king alvarez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 creep said:
fu*k the broncos... ill slap a motha fu*kin broncos fan.
how do u like
 11 years ago '05        #282
Link4444 
space
space
$1,008 | Props total: 30 30
Broncos defense is driven to perfection
By Andrew Mason
Special to NFL.com

(Oct. 25, 2006) -- The great defenses in NFL history attacked opponents with varying schemes, but shared one underlying characteristic -- perfectionism.

It wasn't enough for famed units like the 1976 Steelers, the 1985 Bears or the 2000 Ravens to simply win and disassemble an opponent's offensive machinery. They wanted stomp on the spare parts left on the floor. They wanted an unpickable lock on the end zone and shutouts on the scoreboard; even an apparently insignificant touchdown that cut a three-score lead to two in a game's final quarter was enough to send them to a boiling point.

The Broncos want to be mentioned among those defenses. They know it'll take at least 10 more weeks of work to put them in that category, but they've already got two key traits down -- an ability to tear apart an offense and a nasty collective disposition, one that treats any breach of their end zone as an unacceptable insult.

Even when it comes on an 18-yard drive, as it did late in Week 7. Even when it comes after going 11 quarters without allowing a touchdown -- which has happened twice this year. Even when they lead 17-0 before allowing a score that had little impact beyond making a 17-point win a 10-point one.

"It doesn't matter where they got the ball," Broncos safety John Lynch said. "Our job is to keep them out, and guys weren't happy with that."

Understand that the Broncos defenders know touchdowns will occasionally happen; as many a player has uttered in countless locker rooms, "Their guys get paid, too." But after becoming the first team in 64 years to open a season with 11 touchdown-less quarters, one can understand why their standards hit a rarely-seen plateau. The bar had been set -- high enough for the unit to scratch its name into modern NFL annals, but also wide enough to block all but two touchdowns in six games.

"We're embracing the mentality (that touchdowns) don't happen," Lynch said. "The reality is that it's going to happen, but I like the reaction that when we give up one, guys aren't happy ... We chafed at ourselves."

It also reminded the Broncos that while their defense may seem impregnable, it is not infallible.

"There's some areas we need to improve in," said cornerback Champ Bailey, currently on a streak of three consecutive games with an interception. "When they get the ball in the red zone, we have to stand up. You can't give up seven points. You have to give up three and that's it."

The Broncos' response late in their Week 7 win over Cleveland showed that they could channel their anger into results. The Browns would have three more possessions to try and narrow the score further. They didn't come close to making that happen; Denver limited them to 18 yards on 12 plays, and the Broncos had more sacks in the game's final 10 minutes (two) than the Browns had first downs (one).

In the end, the Broncos completed a fifth straight game in which they'd allowed a single-digit point total, and established themselves as the stingiest scoring defense in the modern era of football -- which began in 1978, when offensive linemen were first allowed to extend their arms and open their hands on pass blocking and pass defenders could no longer contact and impede receivers once they got more than five yards clear of the line of scrimmage.

Since then, just two defenses had allowed fewer than nine points a game in their first six games of a season -- the 1991 New Orleans Saints and the 2000 Miami Dolphins. None had ever allowed less than eight. The Broncos have allowed just 44 points all year -- 7.3 a game, the best for a six-game season-opening stretch since the 1977 Atlanta Falcons.

On a defense that is blessed with some notable individual accomplishments -- Bailey's three straight games with interceptions, rookie Elvis Dumervil's five sacks in two games -- and some impressive statistics in terms of yardage allowed, third-down defense and red-zone efficiency, it's the scoreboard tally that stands as their signature accomplishment in the season's opening act.

"These guys, they're together," said Broncos defensive coordinator Larry Coyer. "They'll f!ght together."

They did that last year increasing their takeaways by 80 percent from 2004 when a combination of holdovers like Bailey, Lynch, Al Wilson and D.J. Williams were fortified by a quartet of former Cleveland Browns on the defensive line, the return of Ian Gold after a one-year sojourn with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the decision to take cornerbacks with their first three first-day draft picks.

That reconstituted defense was aggressive last year, using a creative series of blitzes to coax offensive mistakes. But the defense ranked 13th in the league on third downs and 28th in red-zone efficiency, allowing opponents to score touchdowns on 56.4 percent of their trips inside their 20.

The defense would return virtually intact for 2006; the only changes came at the defensive end slots, where '05 backup Ebenezer Ekuban replaced Trevor Pryce on one side and offseason pickup Kenard Lang -- himself another ex-Brown -- spelled the injured Courtney Brown at the other.

What changed was the tenor of offseason and training camp work. Takeaways were the 2005 focus; red-zone and third-down work became the watchwords of 2006.

"We saw that we were horrific in the red zone," Lynch said. "We probably took 70, 75 percent of our reps as a defense in the red zone this offseason, and it's just been a point of emphasis, and some great results have come out of that hard work in the offseason."

Such as only two touchdowns allowed in six games. Making the red zone the focal point was a coaching decision; succeeding there is something Coyer credits to his charges.

"The players take ownership of this game," said the professorial Coyer, who was a defensive coordinator at five different Division I schools and in the USFL before becoming the Broncos' defensive boss in 2003, his 39th season in the coaching ranks. "I think that my job is to help them and that's it. You've got to help them win the game.

"I think that sometimes my job is to be sure that I'm giving them proper direction and reaction. That's my job, and their job is to play as hard as they can play. They've taken ownership and let's hope they continue to understand that each week is a deal. We're not immature. I'm not trying to preach at them like they're 14-year-olds."

And he certainly doesn't have to, not the way they tear themselves apart for allowing a solitary touchdown in three weeks with a three-score lead. Their goals are lofty, and many are as yet unachieved -- starting with a clean sheet on the scoreboard.

"We think (shutout) every week," Lang said. "Ever since (Week 1 at) St. Louis, we think shutout from here to the end of the season. That's our main focus."

Just another perfectionist on a defense that in six games this season has come tantalizingly close to perfection itself.
We be causin trouble :D
 11 years ago '04        #283
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Yezzzirrr tomorrow, dont forget to set your clocks for the time thing u dont wanna miss it by an hour!
 11 years ago '04        #284
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
someone gonna make an official game thread?
 10-29-2006, 11:31 AM         #285
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, if ya offense was any better

yall would be the AFC version of the chicago bears

oh wait..... yall are :sick:

good night indy :sleepy:
 11 years ago '04        #286
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
Rough loss today, but you know were gonna bounce back

there were so many bright spots in this game, all from offense which was needed.

We scored 31 points, before we never scored more than 17 points.......I mean cmon we hung in there with the best offense in the league, it was a shootout.

We got the TE involved and Kircus, Plummer diddnt throw any INTs he actually played good.

Tatum Bell had a foot injury prior to the game, Mike Bell stepped in and did an awesome job.

I wouldn't feel bad, were 5-2 tied for first place in our division and we got the chargers twice to get that position, so all we gotta do is stay at it and we will be meeting the colts in the afc championship, I think easily were the 2nd best team in the AFC easily.

Colts vs Broncos, classic..........I give the colts there respect and if we don't win the superbowl I will be rooting for Peyton to do it all the way.

Look ahead, we got Pitt next week, they lost to the raiders lol.........i dont even know what to expect that game, but we can get revenge.
 11 years ago '05        #287
Link4444 
space
space
Darrent needs to work on covering hook routes this week. Nearly 80% of the catches he gives up are from hooks. I don't know why either, last year he was pickin off hooks with ease. Maybe he needs to start 2 yards closer to the line, he always pulls back 10 yards which is more than Champ usually does
 11 years ago '05        #288
Link4444 
space
space
done.
 11 years ago '05        #289
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
 Maroon_Tiger said:
yo... LINK4444, CAN YOU CHANGE YOUR AVI TO THIS

^ SO WE DONT HAVE EVERYBODY WITH SIMILAR AVI'S
Ohh damn.. thats a bad pic to have up as a Broncos fan
 11 years ago '05        #290
Link4444 
space
space
 katalist said:
Ohh damn.. thats a bad pic to have up as a Broncos fan
:sick: :sick: At least it aint Peyton on it
 11 years ago '04        #291
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
its time to look foward to next week, if we win we are 6-2, which is great

it gives us time to seek revenge on the steelers, they are 2-5 there gonna wanna win, but I think we got this game.
 11 years ago '04        #292
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 Link4444 said:
Darrent needs to work on covering hook routes this week. Nearly 80% of the catches he gives up are from hooks. I don't know why either, last year he was pickin off hooks with ease. Maybe he needs to start 2 yards closer to the line, he always pulls back 10 yards which is more than Champ usually does
yeah I saw someone say hes overrated hes not overrated he just had a bad game today.

heres what wayne said on d will

"Darrent Williams will bounce back," Wayne said. "I have seen him on film and he makes plays all the time. I am not going to apologize to him. I am going to work just like he is going to work. When I am out there, I just refuse to lose no matter who is on the other side of me. Like I said, my number was called today and he was on me."

I think its a good learning experience for him hes only in his 2nd year he needed some kind of adversity, this could make him a much better CB.

hes got the speed and all the potential in the world, and 2 of those TDs were also blown coverage by the safety, the guy got picked on yeah but the safetys were poor.
 10-30-2006, 12:46 AM         #293
Bang 0n Em 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
broncos should be disgusted

those bums aint doing sh*t this year

ur all nothing without elway

NOTHING!

@ letting a bum like manning beat u
 10-30-2006, 12:49 AM         #294
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It is Reggie Wayne its gonna happen.. But I didn't see that happening...
 11 years ago '04        #295
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
^

Yeah hes good enough to be a #1 WR on any other team

Bang 0n Em said:
broncos should be disgusted

those bums aint doing sh*t this year

ur all nothing without elway

NOTHING!

@ letting a bum like manning beat u
 10-30-2006, 01:22 AM         #296
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah no doubt Reggie would be a 1 on most teams. But Williams to me is like 1a corner on most teams too.. Whatever hes young and that isnt going to happen alot if ever again
 11 years ago '04        #297
KidYungn 280 heat pts280
space
space
$2,237 | Props total: 2 2
if wack a.ss plummer never fumbled.
game would be completely different.
 11 years ago '04        #298
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
^lol yeah but he played good man I wouldnt put the loss on him, I think it might be a little risky to put the rook in this year, unless plummer goes down.

if that happens we look just like the cowboys, and maybe Cutler isnt ready yet, can't just throw him in.

RakimAllahNY said:
Yeah no doubt Reggie would be a 1 on most teams. But Williams to me is like 1a corner on most teams too.. Whatever hes young and that isnt going to happen alot if ever again
Yeah I think it was just a bad game, it happens to many people.

it happend to Champ Bailey 2 years ago against Oakland with Jerry Porter in the snow.

I think its part of growing as a corner. He was playing it safe and not really being agressive, I think this is partly the D coords fault too tho gave him no help with the safety what so ever.

he could be the starting #1 CB for alot of teams out there, throwing one name out uhhhh Seattle and I am sure theres more thats just one that sticks out.

Last edited by K1; 10-30-2006 at 01:35 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #299
BOUNCER06 
space
space
$4,787 | Props total: 128 128
its not like many number 2's stop reggie anyway.. i think its good for him since its his 2nd year
 11 years ago '04        #300
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
Yeah I think it was good for him also, but you gotta think Reggie Wayne is riding on his emotions from his bro it wouldnt who covered today he was goin off.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now