Denver Broncos Official Discussion Thread **2006 Season**

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM         #201
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
holy sh*t @ baby T.O. :wow:
 11 years ago '04        #202
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Broncos D is officially the best D in the NFL as far as points scored against them.
 10-16-2006, 11:18 PM         #203
sebastian 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
Broncos D is officially the best D in the NFL as far as points scored against them.

lol Yea I noticed that too....

After watching the Bears in the 4th quarter though I'd stay that they still have a solid grip on the #1 defense claim.
 11 years ago '04        #204
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
I don't know maybe but honestly I think they are about equal, cause really they kinda had some holes boldin tore them up, imagine if fitz woulda played they woulda spread them out alot more.....and they gave up 2 TDs to a rookie QB, even tho hes a good rookie QB, but they did hold them after there offense turned it over.

I wouldnt say they are the clear cut #1 I think its still up in the air, alot of people are sleeping on what the broncos D is doing.

the point of a defense is to keep them from scoring and the broncos are #1 in that stat.

Imagine how fresh the guys will be if our offense starts clicking which it should soon.
 10-16-2006, 11:33 PM         #205
sebastian 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I cant wait until the Indy game, that will be a good barometer for us.

Oh & fu*k Ron Jaworski or whatever his name is lol
 10-16-2006, 11:45 PM         #206
whoitbes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We just have to keep CLE from scoring a td, then maybe they'll talk about our D being a top 2 D. CLE sucks right now, but just the fact of only allowing 1 td in 6 games would be crazy. Especially since our offense isn't eating up that much clock and our D is on the field a lot.
 11 years ago '04        #207
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
Yeah I think we will be fine..it be great to break the 34 lions record tho haha
 11 years ago '04        #208
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
you know whats dope is we got 12 sacks already this year in 5 games most of em are from the d-line, lol we came along way with that since last year, we went from that crazy blitz sh*t to just 4-man rushes we could barely buy a sack last year this year we got a pass rush, and Elvis Dumervil is lookin like a mini dwight freeney he hasnt been activated all year until this game and last week's game and he got 2 sacks, woulda been 3 but one got tooken away on a penalty....dudes gonna be a beast

anyway

#1 in pts allowed get off us :applause:

[pic - click to view]

and as far as TDs Allowed goes

#1 - Denver - 1 TD (faced 2 teams with losing records)
#2 - Chicago - 5 TDs (faced 4 teams with losing records)
#3 - San Diego - 6 TDs (faced 4 teams with losing records)
#4 - Baltimore - 6 TDs (faced 3 teams with losing records)
#5 - Atlanta - 6 TDs (faced 2 teams with losing records)

for Denver to play 3 teams that has 4 wins in the standings right now and only allow 1 TD is very impressive considering they played offensive beasts like St Louis (4th ranked passing attack in the league) and New England (6th ranked rushing offense, and Tom Brady).

DrunkenMonkey58 said:
holy sh*t @ baby T.O. :wow:
and yeah he can be a impact player, haha I use him in madden all the time with user catches dudes huge he can just snatch em up out of the air!

with that said our offense isnt that bad its just our passing attack

Tatum Bell is still averaging 94 yds a game :applause:

Last edited by K1; 10-17-2006 at 04:02 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #209
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
Broncos' Offense Searches For Improvement
By Andrew Mason, DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. The Broncos are 4-1, have allowed just 7.4 points per game and have won three straight contests by double digits.

So why, then, have the questions of players and coaches alike been so pointed since Sunday's 13-3 win over the Oakland Raiders? An average of 12.4 points and one touchdown provides the answer -- and no one understands the incisive interrogation that followed Monday more than the head coach himself.

"Sure," Head Coach Mike Shanahan said when asked whether the media was justified in critiquing the offense's effort through five games. "Any time you look at point production, that's the key. If you're not scoring points, you're not very productive."

And that's not just true for any one particular area of the offense. When he was asked about the whether the tight ends had "disappeared" from the offense -- they collectively have seven receptions for 72 yards in five games this year -- Shanahan made it a point to note that similar words could be said of other position groupings.

"I think everybody's disappeared a little bit, that's why we're not very productive. It's what you've got to do. You've got to get back, and if you want to go through the stats, you can talk about the wide receivers, you can talk about the tight ends, you can talk about the running backs.

"The stats aren't going to be quite as good as we've talked about, but it goes back to not stats (but to) winning football games, and we have played well when the pressure's been on and that's a sign of character, a sign of a team making plays when they have to make them and hopefully we can keep on doing that -- but at the same time hopefully we can be more productive like we have been in the past and the way you do it is you improve every day and when you have the opportunities to make those plays, make them."

And Shanahan places much of that burden on himself.

"I put more responsibility on myself than I do the players," he said. "It's what can I do and what can we (as coaches) do to put them in better situations. That's just the nature of this job."

Much has changed for the offense, on the field and on the sidelines. Tatum Bell, a three-year veteran, had only started once before this year. Rookie Tony Scheffler has seen substantial playing time as a second tight end, and offseason pickups Chad Mustard and David Kircus have settled into roles as a blocking tight end and a No. 3 wide receiver, respectively.

The Broncos also lost longtime offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak to the Houston Texans, necessitating a shift that moved Rick Dennison to offensive coordinator and the procurement of Mike Heimerdinger as a.ssistant head coach.

"It's always tough when you lose coaches, there's no question about it," Shanahan said. "But we've been doing the same things we have been doing. The rest of the coaches are here.

"We've been through this before. Our running game went down one year for a few games and it was because (former offensive line coach) Alex Gibbs weren't here. All of a sudden our receivers weren't as good and it was because Mike Heimerdinger wasn't here (after he left in 2000) ... What we have to do is correct the little things, and we're capable of doing that. Hopefully we'll get it done here in the near future."

Certain aspects of the offense have worked; Javon Walker is on pace for 1,242 receiving yards and Tatum Bell is averaging 94.0 yards per game and is on pace for 1,504 yards.

"Right now (Walker is) the only one making big play -- him and Tatum making some big plays in the run game," quarterback Jake Plummer said. "You know we'll keep getting him the ball and hopefully he'll keep moving the ball."

In Walker's eyes, the offense will not grapple with a tougher foe than the one it has faced every day since training camp in dealing with Denver's own defense, which leads the AFC with just 7.4 points allowed per game and has yielded fewer points in the last four games than at any previous four-game stretch in team history.

"Say for instance, if we lose one day going against our defense. That's a win against somebody else's defense, because our defense is good," Walker said. "They keep us in the game, and I feel like when we're going against other defenses, it makes it easier to where we should probably attack more, because you're not going to find a defense as good as ours."

That, to Walker, makes the offense's issues all the more perplexing.

"It's frustrating," Walker said. "I know I'm frustrated, because I'm used to scoring points, used to having a little bit more opportunity to put us in position to score -- myself, Rod (Smith)and the other receivers -- but I'm thinking (that) it's still the early season, a lot of big games coming up. We've got to do something. We can't keep saying the same thing every week, (that) maybe we'll find (a solution) -- we've got to do something."

Added Shanahan: "Javon is as class a guy as you can ever be around, and he wants the ball. Rod Smith wants the ball, and he handles it in a different way. Heck, when I was at San Francisco, I had Jerry Rice, and John Taylor wanted the ball but you never heard about it. Brent Jones was Steve Young's roommate, so he could be in Steve's ear every night trying to get the ball. Ricky Watters wanted the ball every play. That's just the nature of guys wanting to make plays. Everybody handles it a bit different.

"But this is a situation that we have that I feel pretty good about who we've got on our football team. Our guys know it's getting the little things done, and when we do that, we'll start scoring some points."
Seems like they are adressing the problems and Javon is gonna be big for us this season :applause:
 10-17-2006, 04:22 PM         #210
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sebastian said:
lol Yea I noticed that too....

After watching the Bears in the 4th quarter though I'd stay that they still have a solid grip on the #1 defense claim.

Bears got a better D-Line but you guys have such better corners.. Thats the only weakness for the bears, if they dont get alot of pressure the corners can get k!lled.. Broncos D-Line just isnt as good, still good enough tho
 11 years ago '05        #211
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
 K1Entertainment said:
you know whats dope is we got 12 sacks already this year in 5 games most of em are from the d-line, lol we came along way with that since last year, we went from that crazy blitz sh*t to just 4-man rushes we could barely buy a sack last year this year we got a pass rush, and Elvis Dumervil is lookin like a mini dwight freeney he hasnt been activated all year until this game and last week's game and he got 2 sacks, woulda been 3 but one got tooken away on a penalty....dudes gonna be a beast

anyway

#1 in pts allowed get off us :applause:

[pic - click to view]

and as far as TDs Allowed goes

#1 - Denver - 1 TD (faced 2 teams with losing records)
#2 - Chicago - 5 TDs (faced 4 teams with losing records)
#3 - San Diego - 6 TDs (faced 4 teams with losing records)
#4 - Baltimore - 6 TDs (faced 3 teams with losing records)
#5 - Atlanta - 6 TDs (faced 2 teams with losing records)

for Denver to play 3 teams that has 4 wins in the standings right now and only allow 1 TD is very impressive considering they played offensive beasts like St Louis (4th ranked passing attack in the league) and New England (6th ranked rushing offense, and Tom Brady).

and yeah he can be a impact player, haha I use him in madden all the time with user catches dudes huge he can just snatch em up out of the air!

with that said our offense isnt that bad its just our passing attack

Tatum Bell is still averaging 94 yds a game :applause:
:applause: :applause: :applause:
 11 years ago '04        #212
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
yezzzzzzzzzzzzzirrr
 10-17-2006, 07:39 PM         #213
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i been tellin em man

whip the colts a.ss and show the world that yall a force
 11 years ago '05        #214
Link4444 
space
space
$1,008 | Props total: 30 30
 89s Pied Piper said:
yall gonna get it when yall step on that field

o how the great walk in sliver and black
weakest stadium in the NFL
 10-17-2006, 07:45 PM         #215
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the raiders are the craziest fans in the L tho

dudes are fu*kin maniacs
 11 years ago '04        #216
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 89s Pied Piper said:

[pic - click to view]

yall gonna get it when yall step on that field

o how the great walk in sliver and black
just like we got it last year when Darrent Williams had that 80 Yd interception return for a TD, and I believe Champ also got a INT and so did Nick Ferguson.

can't wait till we smash yall again :D
 10-17-2006, 07:52 PM         #217
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
raiders 41, broncos 3

:sick:

no im dead serious. in 2074.
 10-17-2006, 07:55 PM         #218
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 89s Pied Piper said:
u must be like 12 years old
:rolleyes: nope
 11 years ago '04        #219
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 89s Pied Piper said:
yall gonna be hella mad after the game.

no beef with yall tho, yall coo.
raiders will be 0-9 after that game lol :sick:
 10-17-2006, 07:59 PM         #220
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
raiders will be 0-9 after that game lol :sick:
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :eek: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago