The Offical Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
151 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
196 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-02-2006, 03:19 PM         #281
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Roethlisberger still confident
Thursday, November 2, 2006
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

There isn't anyone who is more disappointed with the Steelers 2-5 record than the players in the locker room, the ones who go out and f!ght every week to put a W in the win column.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger definitely feels that disappointment.

"Anytime you lose it's frustrating," said Roethlisberger. "It's especially frustrating when you feel like it's your fault. We are a good team with a bad record. We feel that we still have time to turn it around and play good football."

While he doesn't shy away from accepting his share of the blame for the team's poor start, he isn't throwing in the towel. He has plenty of confidence in his ability and that of those around him.

"Just because I'm frustrated in the way I played doesn't mean I'm not as confident," said Roethlisberger. "I have confidence in all the guys around me. I have confidence in the offensive line. The receivers are going to catch the ball when I put it around them. I have confidence in myself that we can get it done."

When he struggled against the Raiders , a game where he threw a career-high four interceptions, head coach Bill Cowher didn't think twice about not keeping Roethlisberger in the game. But if he had, or he does it at some other point if he struggles, he would understand.

"I want what's best for the team," said Roethlisberger. "If that's Charlie Batch being in there, then that's Charlie Batch being in there. I want what's best for this team to help it win. I'm not going to cry and complain about getting pulled. My job is to go out and play good football so that there isn't even a decision to be made."

Roethlisberger is going to have a challenge this week as the Steelers face the 5-2 Denver Broncos. The Broncos defense has held their opponents to less than 10 points in their five wins and it will be a test for the black and gold.

"The Broncos are doing a lot of things different than what they did last year," said Roethlisberger. "Last year they brought a lot of pressure and different guys at you. You needed to kind of guess where guys were coming from. This year it's almost like they're just lining up and saying, 'We've got better players than you, try and beat us.' So we're going to have to try and run the ball and establish the run game and hopefully, they'll come down (into the box) and we can pass the ball."

And if they do open up the passing game, one player they will have to keep an eye out for is cornerback Champ Bailey. He leads the Broncos with three interceptions and 10 passes defensed. His three interceptions tie him for third in the AFC and fourth in the NFL.

"He's extremely good," said Roethlisberger. "It seems like every team we play has one of those cornerbacks who is unbelievable. We have to be aware of where he's at. But it's not like we're going to be super afraid to throw the ball to the right side. It's just being smart, but always being aware of where he's at."

Roethlisberger knows that making smart decisions and eliminating mistakes is a key for him. But he also knows that he still has to go out and play the game the way he always has.

"A lot of times when I am out there you see one thing when you are on the field and you see it a different way when you watch it on film or you talk about it," he said. "You see the picture. I am going to go out there and continue to play the way that I play and hopefully make better decisions.

"I think if you go out there and play the game the way you know how to play it and that's the way I know how to play it. I am not going to change the way I play football. It's worked for me the last years of my life and hopefully we'll turn it around and I'll play better football."
 11-09-2006, 08:10 PM         #282
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Even at 2-6, the approach won’t change
Wednesday, November 8, 2006
By BOB LABRIOLA

Steelers.com

Dan Rooney often has said the Pittsburgh Steelers are in the football business, and that the idea of being in the football business is to win games. That's the way it is, regardless of record, regardless of playoff possibilities, regardless of any and all outside factors.

This might seem to be stating the obvious, but every year there are examples of teams in all professional sports that quit on a season, or go through the motions once it becomes obvious they no longer have a realistic chance to achieve their goals.

The goal of every Steelers team is to win a championship, and Coach Bill Cowher never has been shy about stating that publicly. This year, it was a bit different because since the Steelers won Super Bowl XL, their goal in 2006 was to defend that championship.

But at 2-6 at the midway point of the season, the harsh reality of their present situation is that the Steelers are closer to having the first overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft than they are to being in playoff contention.

With a veteran team filled with players who already own a Super Bowl ring, this situation could be a dangerous one, but Cowher said Tuesday the Steelers' approach will not change.

"I will say that our approach is no different than it is every week; we have to find a way to win a game," said Cowher during his weekly news conference. "That's the way we are going into it."

Cowher acknowledged there is a high level of frustration and disappointment a.ssociated with the first half of this season. On other teams, those seeds of disappointment and frustration could grow into finger-pointing.

"It is something you have to monitor," said Cowher. "It is something we talk about, and I will continue to talk about. If I have any sense, whether it be through body language, things they are saying, I am going to put the players out there who give us the best chance of winning. That is the bottom line.

"Everyone is going to be held accountable and they know that. This is kind of new territory for this group of players, and it is something you have to deal with. No one is asking for self-pity and I think you find out a lot about people, it reveals a lot. At this time, that is the approach that we are taking."

The Steelers were in this exact situation just three years ago. Coming into the 2003 season, the Steelers were a team that had posted a 23-8-1 record over the previous two seasons, both of which included playoff berths, one of which ended with a loss in the conference championship game.

After going 2-1 over the first three games that year, the Steelers went on a five-game losing streak largely fueled by turnovers and an inability to run the football, and they were an all-but-eliminated 2-6 at the halfway point.

But even though they never would put together even a two-game winning streak that season, Cowher didn't lose the team, and after a 4-4 finish the Steelers ended up at 6-10.

"The challenges are there that have been there in the past," said about the team's current plight. "With sports and anything else, it is a microcosm of life. You are going to have peaks and you are going to have valleys. It is never as bad as it appears and it is never as good as it seems, and I truly believe that. How you deal with those circumstances speaks a lot more about the circumstances themselves.

"That being said, I am not trying to be a philosophical guy here, but it is the truth. The truth of the matter is how you respond to these things is how you think, and how you think will be revealed in how you act. It is all how you want to view something. To me this is an opportunity we have right now to go back and display the very makeup of who we are individually, and I think that in itself shows what we are collectively."

And if there is any history lesson involved in any of this, it's that the Steelers have to play a certain style of football to be successful. Running the football on offense and playing opportunistic defense are two of the desirable characteristics of their formula; leading the NFL in turnovers – as they are with 24 -- is not.

"I understand the disappointment and to some degree, if there wasn't that sense of disappointment and frustration, it would not be a good situation," said Cowher. "We have to f!ght through it and we have to get back to work and continue to look at it. There is so much speculation about why this and that, and the bottom line is that you cannot turn the football over as we have turned the football over.

"Right now, you have to deal with facts and not be concerned with speculation. That is the approach every player has to take."
 11-09-2006, 08:15 PM         #283
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hungry to get back in the win column
Thursday, November 9, 2006
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers players never expected to be in the position they are today – a 2-6 record and tied for last place in the AFC North. For the team that won the Super Bowl just nine months ago, it's been a major disappointment.

"I'm embarrassed," said wide receiver Hines Ward. "I can't speak for the other players. Me personally, I'm embarrassed to be 2-6. There's nothing fun about being 2-6, especially when you go out there and lay it all on the line to win games and you can't find a way to do that. We basically have the same makeup of a team that we had last year."

The one big difference, though, has been turnovers. Last year the Steelers had 23 turnovers through 16 games. This year they have 24 through eight games.

"Guys have never been in this position before," said Ward. "Now, it's magnified. Now, you're pressing, trying not to make mistakes and that's when mistakes happen. For guys who have been here, maybe we're going out and trying to do too much instead of just playing football and letting the game come to us. Yes, turnovers are an issue. We sense that. We know that if we don't turn the ball over, we win games."

And winning is something linebacker Joey Porter is focused on. Porter, like his teammates, wants to turn this thing around right now.

"We're 2-6," said Porter. "It's time to make no more excuses, so I'm going to put some of the pressure on my shoulder for us to go out there and get this victory: We will come back with a victory on Sunday.

"I hate to lose anything I do. Me being a sore loser is natural. To lose the way we've been losing is frustrating."

Porter is able to look around the locker room and see how bad his teammates want to win. He can feel the desire is there. He knows if they can eliminate mistakes, then the wins will come.

"We haven't lost any hunger," said Porter. "We had more turnovers now than we had all of last year. We were involved in every game, but you're not going to win the game when you have four, five turnovers a game. The people you're playing are just too good for you to overcome that all the time."

Rookie Santonio Holmes, who has been plagued with fumbles on special teams but is becoming a bigger part of the passing game, got some words of encouragement from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"I had a little talk with Santonio, and I think he's going to be okay," said Roethlisberger. "That's the way it goes, you're going to get the crowd against you every once in a while.

"I just tell him to keep his head up because we need him on offense. He's a great a.sset to this offense and he's going to continue to grow because he's growing every day. He's really learning and he's making less mistakes on offense. He can be a weapon for us and we'll continue to use him because he is a good player."

The Steelers signed linebacker Ron Stanley to the practice squad and released linebacker Justin Kurpeikis from it.
 11 years ago '04        #284
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
lol @ you being like the only one posting in this thread
 11-12-2006, 01:43 PM         #285
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Any changes will be a game-time decision
Friday, November 10, 2006
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers head coach Bill Cowher indicated during his press conference this week that there could be changes to the lineup on Sunday against the Saints, but he reiterated on Thursday that none of those decisions will be made until game time.

There has been speculation that Ike Taylor would not start at cornerback, but Cowher said not to jump to any conclusions.

"At this point, no concrete decision has been made," said Cowher.

Rookie Santonio Holmes could still return punts in the game. Holmes fumbled on a punt return last week against the Broncos, but it was recovered by Bryant McFadden.

"I'm leaning toward Santonio getting back out there," said Cowher.

He also fumbled on a kickoff return and the Broncos recovered and went on to score when their offense got the ball. Cowher said Holmes probably will not be used on kickoff returns.

You won't be seeing Steelers players walking around their practice facility with footballs in their hands to keep from fumbling, but there has been attention paid to holding on to the ball in practice this week.

"We've talked about it and have done a few extra drills," said head coach Bill Cowher. "It's just like anything else. You do things where you try to strip it out. We know we aren't going to be hitting live out here and the fumbles that have taken place have been through live tackling. There has been an emphasis put on ball security and making sure you hold the ball high and tight every time you have it."

Linebacker Chad Brown is now the veteran on the Steelers defense, but he remembers when he was a rookie and had some great role models to learn from.

"Seeing guys like Carnell Lake, Greg Lloyd, Rod Woodson and Kevin Greene, it made me realize if you work hard the rewards will come," said Brown. "Seeing those guys and learning how to be professional, learning how to deal with success and failures. It was a great learning experience to be around such professional, focused guys."

Reminder: Kickoff for Sunday's game against the Saints at Heinz Field is at 4:15 p.m
 11-12-2006, 01:44 PM         #286
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers Sign Linebacker Ron Stanley; Release Brian St. Pierre

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers signed first-year linebacker Ron Stanley to the active roster today, it was announced.

Stanley (6-0, 244) was signed earlier this week to the team's practice squad after being released following training camp this season. Last year, he was in training camp after he was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Michigan State, but was released prior to the opening of the regular season. Stanley was signed back to the Steelers' practice on Jan. 10, 2006.

To make room for Stanley, the Steelers released veteran quarterback Brian St. Pierre. He has spent time on both the team's active roster and the practice squad. St. Pierre, originally drafted by the Steelers in the fifth round (163rd overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft, also spent time on the Baltimore Ravens' 53-man roster and their practice squad.
 11-12-2006, 01:44 PM         #287
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By BOB LABRIOLA
Steelers.com

The following are some of the interesting matchups to watch when the Steelers host the New Orleans Saints at 4:15 p.m. on Sunday at Heinz Field:

STEELERS ILBs LARRY FOOTE AND JAMES FARRIOR VS. SAINTS RB DEUCE McALISTER: First of all, it's an a.ssumption that the starting inside linebackers will be Foote and Farrior. Foote was upgraded to probable on Thursday's injury report with his rib injury, but Farrior remained questionable with a creaky groin. With Clint Kriewaldt doubtful with a back injury, the top reserve at the position would be second-year pro Rian Wallace. Certainly the Steelers would be more vulnerable here if one or both of their starters cannot play, but dealing with McAlister is a tough job regardless. Reggie Bush gets a lot of attention, but McAlister is the Saints' leading rusher, and he has quietly put together a very nice NFL career despite playing on a lot of bad teams. McAlister is fast, even though he doesn't have Bush's speed, and he's also a powerful guy. McAlister is one of those rare backs who has the strength to break the tackle of a linebacker and then the speed to out-run a defensive back.

STEELERS KICK COVERAGE VS. SAINTS PR REGGIE BUSH AND SAINTS KOR MICHAEL LEWIS: The Steelers' injuries also will be a factor when it comes to special teams coverage, because of the trickle-down effect. There already is Kriewaldt who is doubtful, and James Harrison is out. The availability of Foote and Farrior to the defense also could have an impact, because of whom is left then among the linebackers for special teams. The good news regarding the injury report was that Mike Logan was upgraded to probable after missing the game against the Broncos with a hamstring injury. Regardless of personnel, one of the traits the Steelers coverage units have shown to this point in the season is they often give up one big return a game. Neither Bush nor Lewis is among the best in the league this season, but both of them can break a big return, and both of them have done it this year. Bush had a 65-yard punt return for a touchdown to beat Tampa Bay, and Lewis had a 46-yard kickoff return in the loss to the Ravens. This will be Lewis' third game of the season, because he opened on the physically unable to perform list.

STEELERS CBs DESHEA TOWNSEND AND BRYANT McFADDEN VS. SAINTS WR MARQUES COLSTON: Ike Taylor has been saying he has been pulled from the starting lineup, and so that would mean that McFadden will start in his place. Townsend is giving up six inches to Colston, the rookie seventh-round pick from Hofstra, and San Diego's Malcom Floyd took advantage of a similar situation to catch a touchdown pass in the win by the Chargers. Colston is having a spectacular season when it's judged based on expectations for him, but he's still a rookie. A lot of his success has to be credited to Drew Brees, who is making good decisions with the ball and has completed 65.5 percent of his passes through eight games. If Brees has time to put the ball in the right spot, Colston will be very difficult to defend. The idea will be to try to disrupt Brees a little bit with pressure to force him to throw a little quicker, or maybe a little off-target, and then make some plays in the secondary.

STEELERS QB BEN ROETHLISBERGER VS. SAINTS CBs MIKE McKENZIE AND FRED THOMAS: The Steelers passing attack has put up some impressive statistics, but those kinds of statistics usually get posted only if the team is losing, which it has been. Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch combined to pass for over 400 yards in Atlanta; Roethlisberger threw for 301 by himself in Oakland and then he came back with 54 attempts and 433 yards against Denver. The Steelers passing attack has been plagued by turnovers, but some of those turnovers can be traced to pressure on the quarterback. The strength of the Saints pass defense is its rush, but if the Steelers can get people blocked, Roethlisberger and the wide receivers should be able to make some plays. Neither McKenzie nor Thomas has an interceptions this season, and the pair have combined to break up 17 passes. As a comparison, Ike Taylor has 12 passes defensed by himself and he may be getting benched.

STEELERS LT MARVEL SMITH VS. SAINTS DE WILL SMITH: Speaking of the pass rush, Smith is the best the Saints have. The third-year defensive end from Ohio State opened the season with a sack in each of the first three games, and he had two last Sunday against the Buccaneers. He leads the team with 5.5 at the midway point. Marvel Smith has been one of the team's more consistent offensive linemen so far this season, even though he did allow a sack last week against the Broncos. In six of his seven starts so far this season, Roethlisberger has been sacked multiple times. In that other start – against Kansas City – he was sacked only once and completed 84.2 percent of his passes for 238 yards with two touchdowns, no interceptions and a passer rating of 153.8. That is not a coincidence.
 11-12-2006, 06:51 PM         #288
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Steelers snapped a three-game losing streak with a 38-31 victory over the New Orleans Saints at Heinz Field. The much-needed win improves the Steelers record to 3-6 on the season.

The Steelers sealed the win in the final seconds when Ryan Clark recovered a Terrance Copper fumble to give the Steelers the ball back.

Running back Willie Parker was the star for the offense with carries of 72 and 76 yards, en route to a career-high 213 yards rushing on 22 carries.

The Steelers were able to eliminate the mistakes and turnovers that haunted them in their last three losses and instead took advantage of the Saints turnovers, turning two of their three fumbles into 14 points.

Najeh Davenport gave the Steelers a big boost to start the game when he returned the opening kickoff 40 yards to midfield. Parker had a three-yard carry, and then on third-and-seven Roethlisberger hit Hines Ward for eight yards. The Saints stopped the run early, but on third-and-eight Roethlisberger hit Ward over the middle at the 18-yard line, and then Ward broke free down the left sideline for a 37-yard touchdown to give the Steelers an early 7-0 lead.

The defense got the Steelers the ball back fast. Drew Brees completed a four yard pass to Billy Miller, but James Farrior forced a fumble and Brett Keisel recovered at the Saints 33-yard line.

Parker got going on the ground with runs of three and six yards, and on third down Roethlisberger took it up the middle for two yards. Cedrick Wilson pulled in a nine-yard reception and Parker added another eight on the ground to give the Steelers second-and-goal at the two-yard line. Roethlisberger found Heath Miller wide open in the end zone for the two-yard score, extending the Steelers lead to 14-0.

It was then the Saints who went on a roll. Brees had an eight-yard completion to rookie standout Marques Colston and later in the drive hit Terrance Copper for 22 yards. Reggie Bush had a five-yard carry and Brees hit Aaron Stecker for eight yards. Brees capped the drive with a three-yard touchdown pass to Copper in the corner of the end zone.

After stopping the Steelers, the Saints came right back. Brees and Colston teamed up for gains of 27, 10 and 15 yards, setting up the Saints with first-and-goal at the six-yard line. The defense tightened up, forcing the Saints to settle for a 20-yard John Carney field goal.

The Steelers went three-and-out on their next drive and the Saints continued to move the ball. Deuce McAllister had seven and four yard carries, but Keisel sacked Brees for a five-yard loss. Colston continued to make plays, pulling in a 28-yard reception. Aaron Smith was flagged for a 15-yard roughing the passer call, which didn't sit well with the Heinz Field faithful. On the next play Bush took a double reverse 15 yards for a touchdown, giving the Saints their first lead of the game at 17-14.

With just over two minutes to play the Steelers went to work from their own 35-yard line. Santonio Holmes pulled in a 46-yard reception to the Saints 13-yard line. Nate Washington couldn't hold on to a pass in the end zone, but the Steelers were able to tie the game with Jeff Reed's 32-yard field goal.

As quick as the Steelers tied it, the Saints took the lead back. Brees had a 22-yard completion to Stecker and an 11-yard completion to Colston to the Steelers 39-yard line. Brees completed a short pass to Bush and then Colston grabbed a 29-yard reception to the four-yard line. McAllister then took it four-yards for the touchdown, giving the Saints a 24-17 lead at the half.

The second half brought the Steelers ups and downs early on. Reed missed a 35-yard field goal on the first drive. But the defense got the ball back when Larry Foote forced a Bush fumble and Ryan Clark recovered and returned it five yards to the Saints 38-yard line. The offense struck fast, with Roethlisberger hitting Wilson for a 38-yard touchdown to tie the game at 24-24.

The Saints were able to take it to the Steelers 14-yard line on their next drive, but Carney's 32-yard field goal attempt was wide left.

Parker gave the offense a spark with a 72-yard burst down the sideline to the Saints 14-yard line. He added a nine-yard gain to the four-yard line, before taking it three yards into the end zone for the go-ahead touchdown, giving the Steelers a 31-24 lead.

The Steelers were able to stop the Saints and it was all Parker again. He rattled off a 76-yard run down the right sideline to the Saints four-yard line. He then took it the final four yards for the touchdown, extending the Steelers lead to 38-24.

Just as the Steelers started to pull away, the Saints came right back. Brees completed a 48-yard pass to Stecker and a 13-yarder to Colston. On second-and-four McAllister picked up the aborted snap and took it into the end zone for a four-yard touchdown, closing the gap to 38-31.

Notes: Troy Polamalu and Deshea Townsend both left the game with concussions. Townsend also suffered an ankle injury. Hines Ward now has a reception in 128 straight games, a Steelers record. Willie Parker had his fourth 100-yard game of the season and ninth of his career. He has rushed for 100 yards in five of his last six games at Heinz Field.

INACTIVES: Steelers - DE Rodney Bailey, OT Willie Colon, LB James Harrison, C Jeff Hartings, OG Chris Kemoeatu, LB Clint Kriewaldt, WR Willie Reid and RB Duce Staley. Saints – TE Ernie Conwell, LB Al Fincher, S Steve Gleason, WR Joe Horn, TE Nate Lawrie, TE John Owens, OT Rob Petitti and CB Fred Thomas.

SCORING SUMMARY

1ST QUARTER
TD Hines Ward, 37 Yd pass from Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed kick is good), 11:56. Drive: 6 plays, 50 yards in 3:04.
TD Heath Miller, 2 Yd pass from Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed kick is good), 6:49. Drive: 8 plays, 32 yards in 4:23.
TD Terrance Copper, 3 Yd pass from Drew Brees (John Carney kick is good), 0:43. Drive: 12 plays, 52 yards in 6:06.
2ND QUARTER
FG John Carney 20 Yd, 8:22. Drive: 12 plays, 78 yards in 5:04.
TD Reggie Bush, 15 Yd run (John Carney kick is good), 2:22. Drive: 8 plays, 71 yards in 3:47.
FG Jeff Reed 32 Yd, 1:20. Drive: 7 plays, 51 yards in 1:02.
TD Deuce McAllister, 4 Yd run (John Carney kick is good), 0:20. Drive: 5 plays, 72 yards in 1:00.
3RD QUARTER
TD Cedrick Wilson, 38 Yd pass from Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed kick is good), 6:55. Drive: 1 play, 38 yards in 0:08.
4TH QUARTER
TD Willie Parker, 3 Yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good), 14:55. Drive: 6 plays, 78 yards in 3:34.
TD Willie Parker, 4 Yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good), 9:55. Drive: 3 plays, 80 yards in 0:55.
TD Deuce McAllister, 4 Yd run (John Carney kick is good), 8:05. Drive: 4 plays, 64 yards in 1:50.
 11-19-2006, 02:14 AM         #289
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Steelers-Browns rivalry is a classic one
Friday, November 17, 2006
The Steelers-Browns rivalry is one of the classic ones in the NFL, dating back to 1950. The two teams have played each other over 100 times, with some amazing games in their storied history. There have been close games and there have been blowouts.

"It's a special game," said head coach Bill Cowher. "There is no question about it. Rivalry is all how you want to view it. You wish both teams were 6-3 playing each other and it would take on more significance. But it is very significant with both teams being 3-6. When you look at the history and rivalry of how many times these teams have played and how some of the games have come down to it."

The distance between the two cities, only about 120 miles, and the passion both cities fans have for their teams, and dislike for the other, has added to the rivalry.

"The cities mirror each other from the standpoint of blue-collar people who have a great passion for their team and identify with their team," said Cowher. "That's the way Cleveland is. That's the way Pittsburgh is. You just have the two-hour distance apart. I think it's a very natural game that a lot of people get into. We understand that."

Cowher may know better than anybody what the rivalry is all about. He started his NFL career as a linebacker and special teams standout with the Browns. He later went on to be an a.ssistant coach with them.

But now, there is no love for the guy who once wore orange and brown and now proudly sports black and gold.

"I've been called traitor many times," said Cowher of the Browns faithful reaction to him now. "I have been quickly reminded of all of the failures I have had in my career. They are very quick to point that out.

"They still get on me. When you play for them they love you, when you leave you become their biggest enemy."

The Steelers will face a challenge this Sunday when they go into Cleveland Browns Stadium to take on the Browns and face the fired-up Browns faithful in the Dawg Pound. Cowher and the Steelers know what to expect.

"It's not like the old Dawg Pound," said Cowher, referring to the section in the old Cleveland Stadium that was right on top of the end zone where the visiting team warms-up and often times dawg bones were tossed from. "At the old place I didn't stand right under the goal post. I think I moved up a little bit to get out of the throwing distance. The old place was pure Dawg Pound. But these fans are very passionate. I have great respect for that city and for those fans. I started my coaching career there and my playing career there. I was there for a long period of time. I understand what that team means for that city. I think it's good for football to have a team in that city."

In the last meeting between the two teams, the Steelers defeated the Browns 41-0 in Cleveland on Christmas Eve. Browns players have been quoted this week saying they haven't forgotten that sound beating and are looking for payback.

"It's a very important game," said Cowher. "It's a divisional game. Certainly where we are we have no margin of error. It's a place where you need to start fast. Once they get started it can make for a long afternoon."
 11-19-2006, 02:17 AM         #290
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Welcome back buddy. Havent seen you in a while. You ready for this game later today. We might get our biggest win streak of the year going with this one lol
 11-19-2006, 02:27 AM         #291
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know lol but we really need this win as bad as they do, im a b so drunk for this one the browns are going DOWN!! should b a good one i'm ready!!!

by the way
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Krieger08 again.
 11-20-2006, 02:47 AM         #292
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Steelers scored 21 points in the fourth quarter as Ben Roethlisberger engineered an exciting come-from-behind 24-20 win over the Browns in a constant rain in Cleveland. The win improved the Steelers record to 4-6, while the Browns fell to 3-7.

"I can't say enough about our football team with the resiliency they displayed today," said head coach Bill Cowher. "I told you coming in this is a different Cleveland Browns team than we played last year. That was evident from the very beginning. That football team has been in a lot of close games and another one today."

Roethlisberger, who struggled in the first half with just 36 yards passing and three interceptions, finished the game completing 25 passes for 272 yards and two touchdowns. Roethlisberger spread the ball around to seven different receivers, with Hines Ward leading the way with seven receptions for 81 yards. Rookie Santonio Holmes had five receptions for 75 yards and scored his first NFL touchdown.

Running back Willie Parker, who had a career-high 213 yards a week ago, was held to just 46 yards, but scored on the ground and had a receiving touchdown.

"The offense made plays," said Cowher. "Ben made a lot of good plays out there today. We were fortunate to come away with this. Kudos to Cleveland, it's a good team."

The Browns scored two of their touchdowns on returns, one on an interception return and the other a 92-yard kickoff return.

"We were fortunate to come out on the plus side of this considering what we gave up," said Cowher. "We gave up two returns for touchdowns. We were fortunate we were able to overcome that. It was a gutsy effort by Ben and the offense in the fourth quarter to keep responding to plays. It's a resilient group."

Cleveland got the ball to start the game and was able to move the ball on their opening drive, with Charlie Frye completing passes to Braylon Edwards and Steve Heiden. Jason Wright, who started at running back for Reuben Droughns, had gains of five and nine yards, moving them into Steelers territory. But the defense would close the door fast when Travis Kirschke sacked Frye for a six-yard loss, forcing a fumble, which was recovered by Clark Haggans at the Steelers 37-yard line.

It was a quick three and out for the Steelers offense, forcing Chris Gardocki to punt. Gardocki's punt went to the Browns 25-yard line, but Anthony Smith was flagged for interfering with the opportunity to catch the punt and the Browns started on the Steelers 40-yard line.

Frye completed 12-yard passes to Edwards and Lawrence Vickers, before Joey Porter knocked Edwards for an eight-yard loss on a reverse. Frye went back to Edwards for a 15-yard completion, getting the Browns in field goal range. The Steelers got a break when Phil Dawson's 44-yard field goal attempt hit the crossbar and fell short.

Neither team went anywhere on their next drive and then things turned bad for the Steelers. Roethlisberger went to Holmes on the right side and the ball went off his fingertips and into the waiting arms of Daven Holly, who returned the interception 57 yards for a touchdown, giving the Browns a 7-0 lead.

The Steelers got a huge boost on the ensuing kickoff return when Sean Morey returned it 76 yards to the Browns 18-yard line. But the turnovers that have plagued the Steelers this season continued to be a thorn in their side. Roethlisberger looked for Hines Ward, but the pass was batted away by Brodney Pool and intercepted by Willie McGinest at the Browns seven-yard line.

Wright took over in the rain, with five carries for 21 yards. Frye then went to Edwards for a 63-yard gain to the Browns 19-yard line. They converted a fourth-and-one at the Steelers 10-yard line, but three plays later were unable to convert a third-and-long. Dawson came on and this time was right down the middle from 23 yards, giving the Browns a 10-0 lead.

With the ball back, three timeouts remaining and 1:44 on the clock Roethlisberger tried to make something happen before the half. He completed a nine-yard pass to Najeh Davenport, and then Davenport got eight yards on the ground. Turnovers would rear their ugly head again, though, as Wilson could not hold onto the ball and it bounced right into the hands of Holly. Holly's long return on the interception was negated by penalties, but the Browns did get one last shot at the end zone before the half. On the last play of the half Frye threw the Hail Mary pass to Edwards in the end zone, and as he was trying to pull in the tipped ball, Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor knocked it loose.

The Steelers went three-and-out on their first two possessions of the second half and then finally got a break. Wright went around left tackle for eight yards and was hit by Casey Hampton, forcing a fumble. Ryan Clark recovered, giving the Steelers the ball at the Browns 44-yard line. The Steelers were able to convert the turnover into a 43-yard Jeff Reed field goal, closing the gap to 10-3.

But it didn't take long for the Browns to get the points right back. Frye took them on a 10-play, 45-yard drive that was capped by Dawson's second field goal of the day, extending the lead to 13-3.

There was no quit in the Steelers though. Roethlisberger came out firing, hitting Heath Miller for a 16-yard gain and Holmes for 21 yards. He then took it himself off of left guard for a 13-yard gain and hit Ward for a 23-yard gain. Roethlisberger capped the drive by connecting with Holmes for a 20-yard touchdown to pull the Steelers within three at 13-10.

Just when things were starting to look up for the Steelers, Joshua Cribbs returned the ensuing kickoff 92 yards for a touchdown, extending the lead to 20-10.

The offense continued to f!ght. Roethlisberger went into the no-huddle, lining up out of the shotgun and going to work. He completed four straight passes to put the Steelers in Browns territory at the Cleveland 49-yard line and then Wilson pulled in a 13-yard reception to give them a first down at the Browns 36-yard line. Roethlisberger was sacked for a loss of 10-yards, by Kamerion Wimbley was called for a 15-yard facemask penalty, giving the Steelers first down instead of a third and long. Roethlisberger hit Ward for 12 yards and Parker for 16 yards. Parker then put the exclamation point on the drive when he went into the end zone from one-yard out, closing in on the lead at 20-17.

The defense came out with the same fire as the offense, sacking Frye and stopping Wright for a two-yard gain. Polamalu broke-up Frye's third down pass, putting the ball back in the hands of the offense.

Roethlisberger completed a 13-yard pass to Nate Washington and then went to Wilson, who was unable to get both feet in bounds. Ward pulled in a 21-yard reception across the middle, but was injured on the play, but returned to action. Roethlisberger went to his fourth receiver on the drive and completed a 15-yard pass to Holmes to the Browns 28-yard line. The air attack continued with completions to Holmes for eight yards and Washington, who fought for 11 yards and the first down. Roethlisberger then dumped it off to Parker for a four-yard touchdown, giving the Steelers their first lead of the game at 24-20.

The Browns got the ball back with 27 seconds to play at their own 43-yard line. Frye got them to the Steelers 22-yard line when he threw the Hail Mary to Edwards in the end zone, but the game ended like the first half did, with the pass falling incomplete and the Steelers holding on to win.

more pics here
 11 years ago '05        #293
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
at 4-6 u think the homeboyz gonna make the playoffs? yes or no?

my answer is yes...lookin' at the games they got left i reckon all can be won...

baltimore might be tough but we get it done...
i don't see tampa bay beatin 'em...
at home against cleveland (nuff said)...
carolina can be beaten...
baltimore my be tough again but we still get it done...
cincinnati are never a threat late in the season...

if im wrong im wrong...:applause:

:applause: RAIDERS & STEELERS 4 LIFE CHUMPS!!! :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #294
beaint2000 
space
space
space
$87 | Props total: 0 0
your mother can lick my balls.
 11-21-2006, 05:48 AM         #295
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BUCS-STEELERS
& COWBOYS-GIANTS MOVE TO 4:15 PM ET ON FOX

& JAGUARS-DOLPHINS TO 4:05 PM ET ON CBS

SEAHAWKS-BRONCOS TO BE NBC SUNDAY NIGHT GAME ON DEC. 3

The Week 13 Seattle Seahawks-Denver Broncos game on Sunday, December 3 will be played at 8:15 PM ET on NBC, the Dallas Cowboys-New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Pittsburgh Steelers games that day will move to 4:15 PM ET on FOX, and the Jacksonville Jaguars-Miami Dolphins game will move to 4:05 PM ET on CBS, the NFL announced.

The NFL is implementing for the first time this year a "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality match-ups in all NFL Sunday time slots in those weeks and give teams a chance to play their way onto primetime and into the late-afternoon 4:15 PM ET time slot on CBS and FOX.

For each of the flexible scheduling weeks with the exception of Week 17, the NFL will announce the start times of games on Sundays no later than 12 days prior to that weekend. To ensure a Sunday night game and doubleheader games with playoff implications in Week 17, the flexible scheduling decision for that Sunday may be made on six days notice.
 11-21-2006, 05:54 AM         #296
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said:
at 4-6 u think the homeboyz gonna make the playoffs? yes or no?

my answer is yes...lookin' at the games they got left i reckon all can be won...

baltimore might be tough but we get it done...
i don't see tampa bay beatin 'em...
at home against cleveland (nuff said)...
carolina can be beaten...
baltimore my be tough again but we still get it done...
cincinnati are never a threat late in the season...

if im wrong im wrong...:applause:

:applause: RAIDERS & STEELERS 4 LIFE CHUMPS!!! :applause:
Of Course I Think We Can Still Make The Payoffs.. and ur right the only hard games we should have is the ravens and were gonna have fun against the bungles the its the re match... they got back at us for last year but they aint stopping us from gettin to the playoffs and if they make it to the playoffs they aint gon beat us... and by the end of the season we should b 10-6 over the bungles 9-7

we where just playin with boys we had to get sum L's outta the way to make people think we suck and wont go back to back!!

dont forget we have always went back to back!

Last edited by flex001; 11-21-2006 at 06:01 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #297
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
^^geah...

beaint2000 said:
^^she could couldn't she? fu*kin' recluse
 11-21-2006, 06:42 PM         #298
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Watching the first half it looked like Ben Roethlisberger was going to have a disastrous day. He had completed just four passes for 36 yards and three interceptions, one which was returned for a touchdown, for an unheard of quarterback rating of 6.4.

"In the first half, our offense couldn't get going. It was my fault," said Roethlisberger. "The ball was just bouncing all over the place."

But, if there is one thing that many have learned about Roethlisberger, it's never to count him out. While some fans might have been calling for him to be benched at halftime, those who know what Roethlisberger can do had faith and stuck with him and it paid off.

Roethlisberger had an incredible fourth quarter, leading the Steelers on three scoring drives while running the no-huddle offense for much of the time, including two touchdown passes en route to a thrilling come-from-behind win over the Browns.

"The second half we came out and there was no quitting on offense or defense," said Roethlisberger. "I was really proud of how our offensive and defensive lines played today."

Roethlisberger finished the day completing 25 passes for 272 yards, while spreading the ball around to seven different receivers.

"I've got to give these receivers a lot of credit," he said. "They were getting tired running all over the field, and when I'm scrambling, they really don't know what's going on. They've got to be careful not to block in the back, there's a lot to remember in that situation. They're the ones making plays in that situation. I'm just running around throwing it."

One play that epitomized Roethlisberger's performance came on the Steelers last offensive play of the game. Roethlisberger was looking for Hines Ward on second down from the four-yard line, but when pressure came, he had to scramble and that's when he found Willie Parker.

"I was pretty much looking at Hines all the way as the go-to guy," said Roethlisberger. "I started to my left. I was going to run it. When I saw Willie, I thought I'd try it."

Roethlisberger tossed the shovel pass to him and Parker took it in for the score and the comeback was complete.

"He was a very determined young man," said Cowher of his quarterback, "We had some tipped balls that went the other way. I liked the way he kept playing."
 11-21-2006, 06:46 PM         #299
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beaint2000 said:
i got sum bad news for u buddy.....i fu*ked ur mom and it was bad for me but good for u... now u know who ur father is so say hello to ur daddy
 11-21-2006, 07:49 PM         #300
HyNeS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers baby!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago