Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #221
bezee 
space
space
space
$644 | Props total: 273 273
 flex001 said:

[pic - click to view]

PITTSBURGH - The Steelers added size and experience to their backfield today when they signed veteran running back Najeh Davenport to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not released.

Davenport (6-1, 247), a fifth-year veteran from the University of Miami, spent his first four NFL seasons with the Green Bay Packers. In 39 games, Davenport has rushed for 1,068 yards and seven touchdowns on 217 carries (4.9 avg.). He also has caught 17 passes for 107 yards (6.3 avg.).

Originally drafted by the Packers in the fourth round (135th overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft, Davenport missed most of the 2005 season after breaking his ankle on Oct. 9 against New Orleans. The 27-year-old Davenport, whose first name is pronounced "NAH-jay", set a personal best with 178 rushing yards on Nov. 29, 2004, against the St. Louis Rams.

The Steelers made room on their roster for Davenport by releasing rookie running back Patrick Cobbs, whom the team acquired in a trade from the New England Patriots on Sept. 1.

nice pickup right there
 09-10-2006, 11:41 PM         #222
ill800  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said:
lol yeah but atleast we got to shut up a couple haters on thursday everyone sayin we was goin lose becuz we didnt have ben.... and then batch sh*tted on them haha no one is fu*kin with us this year... we might go 15-1 maybe not take an L
LOL
you guys looked like sh*t against the dolphins. and the dolphins are a sh*tty team.
 09-15-2006, 05:52 PM         #223
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Thursday, September 14, 2006
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Running back Najeh Davenport took part in his first practice with the Steelers on Wednesday and got a crash course on the game plan and terminology so that he will be ready to play on Monday night against the Jaguars if needed.

"That's the plan," said Davenport, of the possibility of playing on Monday. "It's going to take some learning, but right now they are teaching me the game plan and we will go from there.

"The terminology is the only thing. Once you get the terminology down you can go in and out of a system. We did some things in Green Bay they do here. It's just the terminology. "

Davenport signed with the Steelers last Friday after missing most of last season with an ankle injury. He played four seasons with the Green Bay Packers and brings a lot of versatility and experience to the backfield.

"We will see what he is able to pick up and how comfortable he is," said head coach Bill Cowher. "I think he is a proven big back and I think we are looking for that.

"I have watched him run; I think he fits what we are looking for. He is a young guy. He could also play some in the kicking game. He has played third down, he has played fullback. I think he gives you a lot of versatility. I think he is the one guy that was out there that fits what we were looking for at this point, with the makeup of our roster."

His size is definitely an advantage. The Steelers have the speedster in Willie Parker, but are looking for someone who can bring more of a physical aspect to the backfield.

"I am a big back," said Davenport, who is 6-1, 247 pounds. "I have halfback skills and a fullback body. There aren't too many people like that. This is a great opportunity for me."

Davenport is not certain what role he will play on the team, but he is willing to do whatever is asked of him.

"My role is whatever you need me to do, I am going to do it, special teams, what have you," said Davenport. "Whatever they need me to do. Whenever they want to give me the ball and take some carries, I will gladly take them. I'm just happy, ecstatic to be on the field."
 09-15-2006, 05:55 PM         #224
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Friday, September 15, 2006
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Nate Washington knows how to make an impression. He did so when he came in as a rookie free agent last year, making the team's practice squad from Tiffin University.

He showed enough progress to be placed on the active roster, and against the Denver Broncos in the AFC Championship game made a key third-down reception for his first catch of the season. He also turned defender in that game, knocking down a potential interception.

During training camp it became obvious fast that Washington would be an impact player this year.

But, it was against the Miami Dolphins in the season-opener that he made a huge impression on the Steelers faithful. Washington scored the Steelers first touchdown reception of the season, and the first of his career, when he pulled in a 27-yard strike from Charlie Batch.

"It meant a lot to me," said Washington of the touchdown reception. "I was really happy to be able to go out there and score a touchdown. For them to have confidence in me coming in and for me to make plays for them, it worked out for me."

After scoring the touchdown Washington did what is normal, spiked the football. He didn't think to keep the ball, something that he could hold onto as a memento. But others did. The ball was put aside for him, and now he plans on having it painted with the information from the catch and the game.

"I was so excited I didn't know how to celebrate or what to do so I ended up spiking it," said Washington. "When I got to the sideline I thought about it. That is one I am definitely going to keep."

And while he will keep it and have a special place for, he won't get too caught up in the one touchdown. He knows he has a ways to go.

"I am not in a position yet to relax," said Washington. "I have a lot of things to still prove, not only to myself but to the rest of the guys out there and the fans. That's what I am trying to do right now, prove myself as a guy they can count on."

After the departure of Antwaan Randle El this off-season, the Steelers drafted two wide receivers, Santonio Holmes in the first round and Willie Reid in the third round. Washington knew there were those that doubted if he could step in and help with the departure of Randle El, but he proved them wrong.

"With a guy like Randle El leaving last year and the contribution he had to the team, people wondered," said Washington. "Me being a guy that didn't come from a Division-1 school and not much known about me, I am sure there were a lot of things going through people's heads. Hopefully I can fill that void."

One thing that Washington brings to the table that Randle El did as well is speed and it helps to balance the team's offensive attack.

"I can stretch the field a little bit," said Washington. "We have a great corps of guys. We rely on each other. It's like a brotherhood out there. If someone goes down, we keep rolling. We all bring different things to the group."
 09-15-2006, 06:00 PM         #225
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Thursday, September 14, 2006
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Ben Roethlisberger was back in his comfort zone on Wednesday, that being the football field.

Roethlisberger returned to practice, just 10 days after having an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy.

"It feels normal," said Roethlisberger. "Everything feels like there's nothing wrong. Obviously the first priority is discomfort; what's going to be comfortable? I wear rib pads anyway so we'll see how that feels putting those on."

It's has been a tough go for Roethlisberger the past few months. He suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in June, worked his way back so that he didn't miss time during training camp, and then a few days before the season-opener had the appendectomy.

Roethlisberger will look for any way to get his luck to change, including placing a 'half full' bottle of water in his locker that was given to him by teammate Brett Keisel who said it was good luck.

"I've got that black cloud over my head," said Roethlisberger, who is still listed as questionable on the injury report. "I've been through a little bit the last couple of months, but it's just another thing. Things happen for a reason, and I'm taking that approach. That's why I'm going to get back as soon as I can."

Many of Roethlisberger's teammates were impressed with his performance in practice.

"He did pretty well," said wide receiver Hines Ward, who sat out practice to allow his hamstring to rest. "He threw the ball well, he went through it. From what I saw, he felt fine.

"He practiced, so that's the encouraging thing. He went out there and threw the ball around, got in with the first group and did a great job. He threw some great balls and receivers made plays. He's taking steps in the right direction."

And Ward thinks the right direction will include playing against Jacksonville on Monday night.

"Ben surprises everyone," said Ward. "He has a high tolerance for pain. He's going to f!ght through whatever."
 09-18-2006, 12:12 PM         #226
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers-Jaguars Game Match-Ups
Monday, September 18, 2006
By BOB LABRIOLA

Steelers.com

The following are some of the interesting match-ups to watch during Monday night's game pitting the Steelers against the Jacksonville Jaguars:

STEELERS DE AARON SMITH VS. JAGUARS RT MAURICE WILLIAMS: For the second week in a row, the Steelers' opponent is a team that's strongest on defense, and that defense is strongest along the line of scrimmage. The Jaguars' defensive line certainly is a good one, but the Steelers' is, too. This game figures to be a physical, low-scoring affair, and the winner will be the team that does the best job of running the football and protecting it. The Steelers will hope to shut down Jacksonville's running attack and then set about doing what it does best to quarterback Byron Leftwich. Smith vs. Williams will prove to be a symbol of the difficulty Jacksonville is going to have when it attempts to run the ball.

STEELERS FB DAN KREIDER VS. JAGUARS SS DONOVIN DARIUS: Jacksonville also realizes what kind of game this is going to be, and the Jaguars will make every effort to make Willie Parker's night as tough as the Steelers plan to make Fred Taylor's. In the game last season, Darius didn't play because he was injured, but he always has been a key component to the physical style Jacksonville loves to play. Finding Darius along the line of scrimmage is critical if the Steelers expect to establish their running attack, and that job often will fall to Kreider. The collisions should be incredible.

STEELERS WR CEDRICK WILSON VS. JAGUARS CB BRIAN WILLIAMS: Often in games such as this, it's the lesser-known players who get opportunities to impact the outcome of the game. The first name that pops up whenever the Steelers passing attack is discussed is Hines Ward, and the Jaguars figure to react accordingly. That could open up some possibilities for Wilson, who is a much more accomplished deep threat than a lot of observers may realize. Also, it hasn't been such a banner week for Williams, who might face some NFL discipline after pleading no-contest to a charge of drunken driving. If Williams doesn't have his head completely in this game, Wilson can make the kind of play that turns out to be the difference.

STEELERS PK JEFF REED VS. ALLTEL STADIUM: After the opener against the Dolphins in which his kicker missed a field goal, Coach Bill Cowher said Reed had problems with his footing throughout the game. For a player whose effectiveness is all about what's going on with his feet, that's a frightening, and unacceptable, circumstance. Two years ago, Reed's leg was the difference in a 17-16 win, and last year's game went into overtime before the Jaguars won on an interception returned for a touchdown. A missed field goal, a missed makeable field goal, could be a disaster on Monday night.

STEELERS OLB JOEY PORTER VS. JAGUARS QB BYRON LEFTWICH: There will be times when Porter is going to be coming after Leftwich, but there also will be times when he'll be dropping into coverage, and the game against the Dolphins showed the Pro Bowl linebacker can make big plays doing either. On the play in which Porter intercepted a Daunte Culpepper pass and returned it for the clinching touchdown, he started out with his hand on the ground in a three-point stance, apparently as a pass-rusher. But Porter is enough of an athlete and smart enough as a player to get himself from that spot into the exact area where the football was thrown, and then he has the skills to make the catch and run it back for a score. Leftwich is going to need to know where Porter is going to be, and if he would somehow manage to figure that out, he better also have his extra eye on Troy Polamalu.
 09-18-2006, 12:54 PM         #227
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pleazenteaseu said:
BROOKS, MOSS, JORDAN>>>>>>>>>>>>BIG BEN, WARD, PARKER

WAIT TILL U bi*chES COME TO OAKLAND LATER ON IN THE SEASON, WE WILL HAVE BEN BLEEDING AND PORTER AND POLOMANU CRYING!!!!!!!!!!

i was watchin espn and oakland was voted wrost team in the nfl.... that means the browns are better than yall HAHA
 09-18-2006, 03:05 PM         #228
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big Ben Will Start!
 11 years ago '05        #229
bezee 
space
space
space
$644 | Props total: 273 273
thanx for all info
 11 years ago '04        #230
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
Here we go Stillers, HERE WE GO!
 11 years ago '06        #231
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
I'M STUCK @ FRICKIN WORK!!!!....Killin the ESPN gamecast right now...fu*k.
 09-19-2006, 03:39 PM         #232
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The Steelers suffered a disappointing loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, falling 9-0 on Monday Night Football. The loss gives the Steelers a 1-1 record, with a tough AFC North match-up against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday at Heinz Field.

Ben Roethlisberger started at quarterback, just 15 days after an emergency appendectomy. Roethlisberger appeared to be in good physical shape, but the Jaguars defense did not allow him to do much, as he completed 17 of 32 passes for 141 yards and two interceptions.

The Steelers running game went nowhere, managing a mere 26 yards on the ground and not converting a single rushing first down.

It was a defensive battle the entire game, and while the Jaguars racked-up 362 yards of total offense, the Steelers kept them out of the end zone, as their scoring came on three Josh Scobee field goals. But it wouldn't be enough.

"We lost some of the field position game," said head coach Bill Cowher. "The longer the game went on, the more they got it cranked up.

"I didn't think we tackled real well tonight. We lost some field position. Obviously you did a good job when you hold a team to no touchdowns, but there were some times in the second half when I thought we had the chance to get off the field and get some field position for our offense. But we lost a lot of field position."

Roethlisberger wasted no time testing his ability to throw the ball as he opened the game with passes to his tight ends, Jerame Tuman and Heath Miller, for consecutive first downs. The Jaguars defense stymied the running game, holding Willie Parker to short gains of four yards and then one yard. On third-and-five, Roethlisberger found Cedrick Wilson, but cornerback Brian Williams was right there with him and Wilson was not able to maintain possession, forcing the punt.

The Jaguars tried to move the ball on the ground to open the game, but the defense didn't allow Fred Taylor any room to run. Byron Leftwich took it upon himself to get things rolling. On third-and-seven from their own 19-yard line Leftwich hit Reggie Williams for a 10-yard gain. Leftwich continued firing the ball, completing pass to Taylor, Ernest Wilford and Matt Jones.

The defense would make their presence known, though. Larry Foote broke free to sack Leftwich for an eight-yard loss. Two plays later, after Leftwich completed six-of-six passes on the drive, James Farrior tipped a pass intended for Williams and Clark Haggans intercepted it at the Steelers 37-yard line.

The passing game continued to be the main weapon for the Steelers. Roethlisberger completed a short pass to Parker and then went to Nate Washington for a 16-yard gain. It would stall there though. Two incompletions to Hines Ward and a two-yard gain by Parker brought about another punt for the Steelers.

The result was pretty much the same for the Jaguars on their next possession. After a short gain by Taylor, Leftwich hit Williams for a 12-yard reception. Two short gains and an incompletion to Wilford gave the Steelers the ball back.

The defensive battle would continue on both sides. The Jaguars were able to pin the Steelers back on their own six-yard line on one drive and their own three-yard line on the next. They weren't able to get past the 15-yard line on either one of the drives. The Steelers offense was only able to manage a mere 15 yards rushing in the first half and 75 total yards.

While the Jaguars had better field position to start their drives, they didn't have any success moving the ball either. The Jaguars tied to go for broke on the last play of the half, but Leftwich's Hail Mary pass was knocked away by Tyrone Carter in the end zone.

The second half started much like the first half ended, with defense dominating. Taylor started it off with a 25-yard gain, but a short completion and two incompletions ended the Jaguars drive.

The Steelers didn't fare any better. Roethlisberger fumbled a snap on the first play, was sacked for a loss of nine yards on the next play, and an 18-yard completion to Ward would not be enough for the first down and the Steelers had to punt.

It would be the Jaguars who would draw first blood, though. Leftwich connected with Williams for gains of 11 and eight yards, and then Taylor had runs of four and 14 yards. Leftwich would continue to mix things up hitting Jones for a 13-yard gain to the Steelers 19-yard line. The defense tightened their drip, with Foote containing Taylor for a five-yard gain. Leftwich fumbled the snap on the next play, but was able to recover it himself. On third-and-four from the 13-yard line, Leftwich threw incomplete to Williams. It was then up to Scobee, who hit on a 31-yard field goal with 5:28 to play in the third quarter to give the Jaguars a 3-0 lead.

The Steelers continued to struggle with moving the ball in the third quarter, gaining just 16 yards against the Jaguars formidable defensive line. The only first down of the quarter came on an 18-yard pass interference call against Rashean Mathis.

In the fourth quarter the offense showed some signs of life, with Ward making a key third-down reception for 11 yards. Parker had his longest run of the night, breaking around right end for an eight-yard gain. But, on third-and-two, Roethlisberger's pass to Wilson was broken-up by Mathis to end the drive.

The Jaguars backed themselves into their own end zone when an illegal block on the punt gave them the ball at their own eight-yard line. The defense came at them aggressively, but on third-and-five the defense blitzed and Leftwich was able to avoid the pressure and find George Wrighster for a 10-yard gain to get them some room to work. Leftwich scrambled for eight yards, and then Williams pulled in the reception from Leftwich and broke it for a 48-yard gain. The defense would not allow them to get the ball in the end zone as they stopped them on third-and-two for a one-yard gain. Scobee came on for a 32-yard field goal to extend the lead to 6-0.

Just when it looked like the Steelers were going to get it started, with completions to Washington for five and 11-yards, it ended just as fast. Roethlisberger was looking for Santonio Holmes, but Mathis made a play on the ball and intercepted it, returning it 19 yards to the Steelers 29-yard line.

The Jaguars would make it count, with Scobee hitting his third field goal of the night to give the Jaguars a 9-0 lead.

Any last chance hope for the Steelers was sealed with Mathis intercepted Roethlisberger's pass and returned it to the Steelers two-yard line.

Steelers Inactives: Brian St. Pierre (third QB), WR Willie Reid, RB Duce Staley, LB Rian Wallace, C Marvin Phillip, OG Chris Kemoeatu, OT Willie Colon and TE Tim Euhus.
 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM         #234
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
STEELERS NOTEBOOK

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was not pleased with his performance against the Jaguars in his first complete game since winning Super Bowl XL. Roethlisberger completed 17 of 32 passes for 141 yards.

"I went out there and did not play very well," said Roethlisberger. "Not only did I let my offense down, but I let my defense down as well."

Roethlisberger played the game after running a fever during the day. He also played just 15 days after an emergency appendectomy.

"I was a little under the weather, but I felt okay," said Roethlisberger. "I just wasn't making plays I should have been making. No excuses.

"I'll feel a lot more comfortable. It's been a while since my first full game. It's not going to be easy. We have to make sure we play better and I need to do that as well."

Roethlisberger also had two passes intercepted in the last five minutes of the game, something that is uncharacteristic of him.

"I couldn't get the offense going," said Roethlisberger. "I have to apologize not just to our offense but to our defense. We didn't keep them off the field very long. We didn't convert very many third downs, and a lot of that is on the quarterback's shoulders. When the quarterback is not making plays, then that's hard to do. A lot of it was my fault. I didn't get on the same page as the receivers and I made some throws I probably shouldn't have. I told coach not to worry about me and I'll be okay with another week of practice."

Missed tackles came back to haunt the Steelers defense against the Jaguars, with running back Fred Taylor getting free in the second half and helping to set the Jaguars up for their field goals.

"That's the kind of running back he is," said head coach Bill Cowher. "You stop him, you stop him, and then he'll test you. But I don't think we tackled very well. There were a number of occasions where it was us and him, and we let field position get away."

Linebacker Larry Foote, who had five tackles and sacked quarterback Byron Leftwich, knows that this was not normal for the Steelers defense.

"We did a lot of things that were uncharacteristic, like missing tackles," said Foote. "A couple times we had the field and we gave it up to them."
 09-20-2006, 02:41 PM         #235
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Steelers will face one of the most balanced offensive attacks of the early season when the Cincinnati Bengals come to Heinz Field on Sunday.

"They really do a great job," said head coach Bill Cowher. "Rudi Johnson is a very underrated back. He really can run. He runs hard. He's got great balance. Carson (Palmer) does a good job of getting them in and out of running plays.

"You try to take the passing game away and they'll pound on you with the running game and vice versa. You try to take (Johnson) away and it opens yourself up for some plays down the field with the passing game. They have a great core of receivers, a good offensive line and a quarterback that can run that offense very, very well."

The Bengals rank fourth in total offense in the AFC. Rudi Johnson leads the AFC in rushing with 241 yards on 54 carries and is second in the NFL. Palmer has completed 37 of 59 passes for 479 yards, fifth in yardage in the AFC.

"They've played very well," said Cowher. "When you go into Kansas City and beat them there, that's not an easy place to play. It looks like Carson Palmer has picked up from where he left off from the standpoint of his ability to run that offense, the no-huddle element of it. We know all about that. They came in here last year and ran it very well. They made a lot of plays against us and they have a lot of the same people back. It's a very, very potent offense."

The Bengals defeated the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, but in doing so took a beating physically.

Linebacker David Pollack suffered a fracture of the C-6 vertebra in his neck and will be out for the remainder of the season.

"It's really sad for David Pollack," said Cowher. "He's a good football player. You hate to see anybody out for the season."

Starting center Rich Braham suffered a deep left knee bruise and will miss Sunday's game. Strong safety Dexter Jackson suffered a sprained right ankle and has initially been listed as doubtful for the game.

"There were a number of guys that went down," said Cowher. "When you put that much time and effort this early in the season then that's tough."
 11 years ago '05        #236
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Who Dey!!!!

Last edited by BadAzzYelloGirl; 09-24-2006 at 06:56 PM..
 09-24-2006, 09:36 PM         #237
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The running game bounced back, the defense was swarming, but a series of mistakes in the fourth quarter did the Steelers in as they lost to the Cincinnati Bengals, 28-20, at Heinz Field.

Willie Parker had 31 carries for 133 yards, his second 100-yard game of the season, and the first two touchdown game of his career.

The Steelers defense created turnovers and forced the Bengals to make mistakes throughout the game.

But it wouldn't be enough.

With the Steelers leading 17-14, Ricardo Colclough mishandled a punt and it was recovered by the Bengals Tony Stewart at the Steelers nine-yard line. The Bengals turned the miscue into a fast touchdown when Carson Palmer hit T.J. Houshmandzadeh for a nine-yard touchdown to give the Bengals a 21-17 lead.

Things would go from bad to worse for the Steelers. On the next series Verron Haynes fumbled at the Steelers 26-yard line and it was recovered by linebacker Brian Simmons. The Bengals turned it into a fast score, when Palmer hit Houshmandzadeh for a 30-yard touchdown on the next play, extending the lead to 28-17.

"It was a disappointing loss," said head coach Bill Cowher. "We did a lot of good things, but there are certainly some things that we can't do. We'll sit back and a.sses that and go from there."

Ben Roethlisberger completed 18 of 39 passes for 208 yards and three interceptions. Palmer completed 18 passes for 193 yards and two interceptions, but had four touchdown passes, including the two in the fourth quarter. The Steelers held Rudi Johnson to 47 yards on 19 carries.

The Bengals got the ball on offense to start the game, but the Steelers defense was fired up and forced a quick three-and-out.

A rejuvenated Steelers offense came out strong on their first drive of the game. After an incompletion to Cedrick Wilson and no gain on the ground by Willie Parker, the offense came alive. Roethlisberger lined up in the shotgun on third down and hit a wide open Wilson for a 36-yard gain. Parker came back to Heath Miller for an eight-yard gain.

Faced with another third down, Roethlisberger hit Parker on the right sideline for a 13-yard gain. Bengals cornerback Tory James was called for illegal contact, giving the Steelers a first-down at the Bengals 17-yard line.

It was then time to pull one out from the bag of tricks. Parker took the handoff, started around left end, and handed off to Wilson for the reverse and a 14-yard gain to the Bengals three-yard line. Parker took it himself on the next play, going up the middle for a three-yard touchdown, giving the Steelers an early 7-0.

On their next drive the Bengals got things going at the start, with Rudi Johnson going off right tackle for six yards and Palmer hitting Houshmandzadeh for another six yards. The defense soon wrecked havoc. Palmer was sacked by linebacker Clark Haggans, fumbled, but the Bengals got a break when it was recovered by Kenny Watson for a first-down. On the next play, Palmer was sacked by Larry Foote for a five-yard loss, but again the Bengals were able to come up with the ball. The third time was a charm for the defense. Palmer's pass intended for Chris Henry was intercepted by Deshea Townsend at the Steelers 46-yard line.

It looked like the Steelers offense headed for another score on their next drive. Parker took control on the ground, with gains of five, nine, two and nine yards. Roethlisberger had two incomplete passes, before hitting Heath Miller for a 13-yard gain to the Bengals 16-yard line. They went back to Parker had runs of seven and thee yards, giving the Steelers a first down on the Bengals six-yard line. On the next play, Roethlisberger looked for Miller in the end zone, but the pass was intercepted by Madieu Williams.

The Bengals offense got on track on their next drive. Palmer mixed it up, completing passes to Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson and Henry, and moving the offense deep into Steelers territory. On third-and-three from the Steelers 16-yard line, Palmer hit Henry on the fade pass at the goal line a touchdown, tying the game at 7-7.

Parker continued to be the go-to guy for the offense on the next drive. He had runs of nine and two yards, to give the Steelers a first-down at their own 31-yard line. He broke free on the next play for a 26-yard gain to the Bengals 43-yard line. Haynes gave Parker a spell and had gains of six and one yard, before Roethlisberger hit Ward for an 11-yard gain to the 25-yard line. The drive would stall there. Roethlisberger's pass to Ward was deflected at the line and then he was sacked on the next play for a loss of seven yards. The Steelers were forced to go for a field goal, but Jeff Reed's 48-yard attempt was blocked.

The Bengals got the ball back with just over a minute to play and Palmer orchestrated a picture-perfect drive, culminating in a three-yard touchdown pass to Henry, to give the Bengals a 14-7 halftime lead.

The second half got off to a good start for the Steelers. Santonio Holmes returned the kickoff 26-yards to give the Steelers good field possession on their own 39-yard line. Parker rattled off an 11-yard run and Roethlisberger hit Miller for a 13-yard gain. Bengals defensive end Bryan Robinson was called for a 15-yard facemask, giving the Steelers a first-down on the Bengals 18-yard line. The offense was stopped there and Reed came on for a 37-yard field goal, cutting the Bengals lead to 14-10.

It didn't take long for that lead to go back into the Steelers hands. On third-and-two from the Bengals 22-yard line, Palmer went over the middle to Henry. Ryan Clark hit Henry as he was making the catch and Ike Taylor stepped in for the interception. Taylor then returned the ball 34 yards to the Bengals seven-yard line.

It was all Parker from there, who carried the ball four times and pounded it in from the one-yard line for a touchdown, putting the Steelers back on top 17-14.

It would be a quick three-and-out for the Bengals, giving the Steelers a golden opportunity to take control. Parker was the go-to guy, with a 10-yard run, followed by runs of three and seven yards. On first down, Roethlisberger went deep for Wilson, but was intercepted by Deltha O'Neal at Cincinnati's 29-yard line and returned 42 yards to the Steelers 29-yard line.

The defense would rise to the challenge again. On third down Palmer was sacked by Townsend, Palmer fumbled, and James Farrior came out of the pile-up with the recovery for the Steelers.

The Steelers weren't able to capitalize on the turnover, though, going three and out and bringing on Chris Gardocki for his first punt of the game.

After exchanging possessions, a special team's miscue opened the door for the Bengals. Colclough mishandled a punt and it was recovered by Stewart at the Steelers nine-yard line, leading to the Houshmandzadeh touchdown.

On the next series Haynes fumbled at the Steelers 26-yard line and it was recovered by linebacker Simmons, leading to another Houshmandzadeh touchdown.

The Steelers kept on f!ghting, though. Roethlisberger kept it in the air for the series, which was capped by a 36-yard field goal by Reed to close the lead to 28-20. The defense forced the Bengals to go three-and-out, giving the offense another chance.

The offense would drive down into Bengals territory, but Roethlisberger was intercepted in the goal line to seal the Bengals victory.

Notes: Hines Ward now has at least one reception in 122 consecutive games, a new Steelers record. Inactive List: Steelers - OT Willie Colon, TE Tim Euhus, OG Chris Kemoeatu, C Marvin Philip, WR Willie Reid, RB Duce Staley and LB Rian Wallace and third quarterback Brian St. Pierre. Bengals - C Rich Braham, WR Antonio Chatman, S Dexter Jackson, WR Reggie McNeal, LB A.J. Nicholson, WR Tab Perry, DE Frostee Rucker and third quarterback Doug Johnson.

Last edited by flex001; 09-24-2006 at 09:44 PM..
 09-24-2006, 09:47 PM         #238
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by flex001; 09-24-2006 at 09:49 PM..
 09-29-2006, 04:43 PM         #239
beanpop  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I grew up in Lancaster and lived there most of my adult life, Go Steelers!!!

and yo Flex, Nice thread homie, keep up the great work. Hey and in retrospect can someone up that Wiz Khalifa for me, or give me the password to the file on page 34 of izumi's thread? PEACE.
 09-29-2006, 05:34 PM         #240
Buckeyes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice thread!!!

Life long Steelers fan here.

We should be fine this season after the bye. That Bengals loss was such a heartbreaker, totally outplayed them, and two fu*king fumbles. I hope Colclough is permanently relieved of his PR duties. Why is Willie Reid back there returning them? Isn't that why he was selected in the 3rd round?
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now