NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-31-2006, 10:39 AM         #181
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
last year i didnt really go on here to talk to other people thats why u didnt see me!... the frist time i came into the sports sec i seen a pats thread and i was like wut? and there aint a steeler one get the fu*k outta here.. there is steeler fans all over the u.s.(can u say that about ur team?) so i though it would be a great idea and that we had just superbowl def helps... but we had a hell of a season last year too (15-1)

when was the last time the browns made it to the playoffS?
how many rings do yall got?
 08-31-2006, 10:57 AM         #182
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WillyHBonnie said:
You mean where I 'Rep and my avatar didn't give it away the 1st time??? Wow your a quick one. :rolleyes: ...fu*k the sh*ttsburgh Squeeler's is all I gotta say. Your Pestilence Breeds into our state and if it's anything I hate more it's an unloyal fan that turn's their back on their hometeam, like many area resident's have done, it's truly dispicable.

:sick:
i will give u props thro for being a loyal fan to a team that cant make the playoffs.. and i will agree wit u on i hate unloyal fans that turn there back on there hometeam!:applause: but untill u guy's get at least get 1 superbowl ring better yet even make appearance in the super bowl dont talk to me...

Last edited by flex001; 08-31-2006 at 10:59 AM..
 08-31-2006, 10:58 AM         #183
WillyHBonnie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said:
last year i didnt really go on here to talk to other people thats why u didnt see me!... the frist time i came into the sports sec i seen a pats thread and i was like wut? and there aint a steeler one get the fu*k outta here.. there is steeler fans all over the u.s.(can u say that about ur team?) so i though it would be a great idea and that we had just superbowl def helps... but we had a hell of a season last year too (15-1)

when was the last time the browns made it to the playoffS?
how many rings do yall got?
Are you kidding? Of course I can say that about my team. The Browns have one of the most Allegiant fan followings in the nation, any football fan, fanatic, or guru would know this. Ever heard of the Dawg Pound? Even though the Browns have dismal seasons, they always have mutherfu*kin' sellouts EVERY homegame. '02 when the Brown's went 9-7. 1964 AFL Champions.
 08-31-2006, 11:02 AM         #184
WillyHBonnie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said:
i will give u props thro for being a loyal fan to a team that cant make the playoffs.. and i will agree wit u on i hate unloyal fans that turn there back on there hometeam!:applause: but untill u guy's get at least get 1 superbowl ring better yet even make appearance in the super bowl dont talk to me...
Yeah, you better edit that sh*t and change that take to talk. Like this talk? Talk to you like this? About the Steeler's and how Big Ben's head will never be the same from that Motorcycle accident? I speak with who ever I please and invade who ever's thread I want.

But go ahead and bask in your Steeler's Superbowl glory, cause it won't happen again this year. Props Punk.
 08-31-2006, 11:14 AM         #185
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WillyHBonnie said:
Are you kidding? Of course I can say that about my team. The Browns have one of the most Allegiant fan followings in the nation, any football fan, fanatic, or guru would know this. Ever heard of the Dawg Pound? Even though the Browns have dismal seasons, they always have mutherfu*kin' sellouts EVERY homegame. '02 when the Brown's went 9-7. 1964 AFL Champions.
yeah ok ur fans are almost as crazy for there team as we are.... and come on homie 1964 AFL Champs? yeah yall did make in 02 but who did yall lose to?? thats right the steelers!!
 08-31-2006, 11:26 AM         #186
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WillyHBonnie said:
Yeah, you better edit that sh*t and change that take to talk. Like this talk? Talk to you like this? About the Steeler's and how Big Ben's head will never be the same from that Motorcycle accident? I speak with who ever I please and invade who ever's thread I want.

But go ahead and bask in your Steeler's Superbowl glory, cause it won't happen again this year. Props Punk.
i really do think we will go back to back just like every other time!!! :D

IX (1974), X (1975), XIII (1978),
XIV (1979), XL (2005)
 08-31-2006, 11:37 AM         #187
WillyHBonnie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said:
yeah ok ur fans are almost as crazy for there team as we are.... and come on homie 1964 AFL Champs? yeah yall did make in 02 but who did yall lose to?? thats right the steelers!!
Hey, you asked I answered.
 08-31-2006, 11:38 AM         #188
WillyHBonnie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said:
i really do think we will go back to back just like every other time!!! :D

IX (1974), X (1975), XIII (1978),
XIV (1979), XL (2005)
As History would repeat itself it looks like a pattern is forming indeed... Good Point. But I doubt it... Hahahahahahaha...
 08-31-2006, 04:49 PM         #189
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Are You Ready For A Boring Preseaon Game!! The Steelers Starters Really Wont Play Much At All Tonight... So Lets See If The Steelers Can Will One Preseason Game Or Go 0-4.... Tonight Kickoff At 7:30 KDKA-FSN Pgh....Will U Watch??? I KNow I Will!!
 08-31-2006, 07:41 PM         #190
Krieger08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me say again. This thread is awesome. Good job flex. Il prop you everytime i see you bro
 08-31-2006, 08:14 PM         #191
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krieger08 said:
Let me say again. This thread is awesome. Good job flex. Il prop you everytime i see you bro
goog lookin homie....You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Krieger08 again
 08-31-2006, 09:50 PM         #192
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is on the cover of Sports Illustrated's NFL Preview Issue. Porter is featured in an article by SI writer Michael Silver titled "Play Loud."

The issue also features the SI scouting report which ranks the Steelers number one in the AFC North and features breakout player Bryant McFadden.
 08-31-2006, 09:58 PM         #193
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Late mistakes k!ll Steelers, 15-13
Thursday, August 31, 2006
By BOB LABRIOLA
Steelers.com
It was a game matching two franchises that are expected to compete for spots in Super Bowl XLI, but when that game is the preseason finale, well, those teams are interested in nothing as much as the moment when the scoreboard clock reads 0:00.

The Steelers concluded their first winless preseason since 1987 with a 15-13 loss to the Panthers on Thursday night at Heinz Field in a game where they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

One of the reasons the Steelers brought an 0-3 record into their preseason finale was the offense's inability to score points when either Omar Jacobs or Shane Boyd was at quarterback. But against the Panthers, Jacobs had his best game as a pro and he also directed the Steelers to the go-ahead touchdown late in the fourth quarter.

Jacobs finished 13-of-18 for 179 yards, and it was a 46-yard completion to Walter Young that put the ball at the Carolina 4-yard line. That set up a touchdown run by Cedric Humes on the next play, and the Steelers took a 13-12 lead that delighted the crowd.

But then the Steelers made two critical errors, both by veteran defensive backs, that allowed the Panthers to come back and steal the game.

The Steelers defense forced a three-and-out on the ensuing possession, and Ricardo Colclough was deployed deep to return the punt. The return opened up down the middle of the field, and Colclough burst through the hole and only had punter Jason Baker between him and a 69-yard touchdown.

But in the process of making a move to get around Baker, Colclough lost his footing and fell to the ground. Before he was touched by a Panthers player, Colclough sprung to his feet and spiked the ball in frustration. The ensuing penalty for an illegal forward pass gave the Steelers the ball instead at their 48-yard line.

The second mistake was made by Tyrone Carter in the game's final minute. On a fourth-and-14 from the Carolina 32-yard line, Brett Basanez was pressured by Carter and threw incomplete, but Carter then was flagged for roughing the passer.

The penalty was good for a first down, and Coach Bill Cowher was livid.

Basanez completed two of his next three passes to bring the Panthers to the Steelers 31-yard line, and then with the clock running and Carolina out of timeouts, he faked a spike and completed a 20-yard pass to Justin McCullum.

John Kasay then came on to kick the game-winning 29-yard field goal as time expired.

The Steelers' first three offensive possessions all were sabotaged by mistakes.

The first ended when Tony Brown beat Alan Faneca to sack Charlie Batch on a third down. The second was plagued by two bad snaps by Kendall Simmons. The third was helped by Colclough's 24-yard fumble return to the Panthers' 7-yard line, but Batch underthrew a fade pattern to Santonio Holmes, and it was intercepted by Richard Marshall 5 yards deep in the end zone and returned to the Carolina 23-yard line.

"I threw it short," said Batch about the interception. "Santonio ran a good route, but I pushed the ball too far inside, and it needed to be way outside for him to make the play."

But then it was a couple of mistakes by the Panthers on two of their next three offensive series that helped the Steelers take a 6-0 lead thanks to a couple of Jeff Reed field goals.

Clint Kriewaldt tracked down Panthers quarterback Stefan LeFors and forced a fumble that Colclough recovered at the Carolina 35-yard line. Duce Staley carried four times for 6 yards, and Shane Boyd scrambled for 6 more, and that was enough to get Reed into position for a 40-yard field goal and a 3-0 Steelers lead.

The Panthers helped the Steelers with the field position that led to Reed's second field goal. Consecutive holding penalties with the Panthers attempting to punt gave the Steelers the ball at the Carolina 39-yard line.

Staley carried six times for 14 yards, and that included him converting a fourth-and-1, and then Omar Jacobs converted a third-and-4 with an 11-yard pass to Quincy Morgan. This time Reed's field goal was good from 27 yards, and the Steelers had a 6-0 lead.

From this point, with 4:18 left in the second quarter, the Panthers began a comeback that had them eventually take the lead, 9-6, with less than three minutes left in the third quarter.

On the way to what became a 12-6 deficit, the Steelers helped the Panthers with turnovers.

John Kuhn lost a fumble after an 18-yard gain on a screen pass to the Carolina 34-yard line, and then Charles Davis lost a fumble at the Panthers' 12-yard line after a 10-yard completion from Jacobs. On that play, Carolina safety Jermaine Hardy returned the fumble 56 yards to the Steelers' 34-yard line, and that led to John Kasay field goal that made it 12-6 with 13:31 left in the game.

STARTING LINEUPS: Cowher said the fact the Steelers open their season one week following their preseason finale would affect who played against the Panthers, and how long they would play. On offense, the Steelers started their No. 1 offensive line, along with QB Charlie Batch, RB Duce Staley, FB John Kuhn, TE Charles Davis and WRs Nate Washington and Santonio Holmes.

On defense, it was the whole No. 2 unit. The linemen were Rodney Bailey, Chris Hoke and Travis Kirschke; the linebackers were James Harrison, Clint Kriewaldt, Rian Wallace and Andre Frazier; the secondary included Bryant McFadden and Ricardo Colclough at cornerback, and Mike Logan and Ryan Clark at safety.

INJURY UPDATE: Barrett Brooks was taken from the field on a cart after injuring his right knee in the second quarter … Chidi Iwuoma sustained a concussion in the second quarter

Last edited by flex001; 08-31-2006 at 10:43 PM..
 08-31-2006, 11:34 PM         #195
WillyHBonnie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Late mistake be guys that won't even/ever see playing time, Steelers will be good once Reg. Season rolls around. You can't hold a team like that down.
 09-01-2006, 06:29 PM         #196
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WillyHBonnie said:
Late mistake be guys that won't even/ever see playing time, Steelers will be good once Reg. Season rolls around. You can't hold a team like that down.
ya damn right aint no1 touching the steelers come regualor season!!:applause:
 09-02-2006, 01:37 AM         #197
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Steelers traded a conditional 2007 draft pick to the New England Patriots today for the rights to rookie free agent running back Patrick Cobbs.

Cobbs (5-9, 210) joined the Patriots as an undrafted free agent from North Texas on May 15. He led the Patriots and ranked sixth in the NFL in the preseason with 188 yards rushing on 38 carries (4.9 avg.) and three touchdowns. He caught seven passes for 115 yards (16.4 avg.), including a 57-yard touchdown reception.

Cobbs finished his college career as North Texas' all-time leading rusher with 4,050 yards. He holds the North Texas and Sun Belt Conference career records for rushing yards, rushing touchdowns (36), rushing attempts (818) and all-purpose yards (5,255).
 09-02-2006, 06:14 AM         #198
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Keisel feeling comfortable in starting role
Saturday, September 2, 2006

By Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

If there is one player who took advantage of every opportunity during training camp and the preseason it was defensive end Brett Keisel.

Keisel, entering his fifth season, spent the majority of his first four years with the Steelers playing special teams and giving fellow linemen Aaron Smith and Kimo von Oelhoffen a breather.

With von Oelhoffen signing with the Jets this off-season things have changed. Keisel has stepped in to a starting role and is becoming more comfortable every day.

"It feels great," said Keisel. "It has been different. Before I was spending most of my time watching special team's films. You still had to keep up on defense. But this year it's defense all of the time and I am paying more attention to what the other guy is doing on the line, the different formations and the different tendencies that they have.

"The last four years I had a different role. Now being out there full-time it's crazy. I almost feel like I am missing out on the special teams meetings and all of that stuff. I just have to concentrate on my defensive responsibilities and be ready to go."

Despite the new role, the added responsibility and the extra work, Keisel would be more than happy to step in and lend a hand if needed on special teams.

"(Coach Kevin Spencer) knows he can use me anytime he wants," said Keisel, who was a major force on special teams. "We laughed during the last game. I was out there on field goal. It was the only special teams I had. They were coming up the middle and I went to him right after that and told him we have to install a fake, I'll get open."

The defensive line, though, wants to keep him right where he is. They are building their chemistry and his teammates have confidence that Keisel can get the job done. It's now just a matter of going out there and working together for a full game.

"These guys are used to me," said Keisel. "We are still growing together. It's going to take time. I don't think they are at the same comfort level they were with Kimo, but hopefully I can change that
 09-02-2006, 11:42 AM         #199
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers Make Roster Moves; Place Brooks on Reserve/Injured List

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers today released 20 players in order to get closer to the 53-player limit by today's 6 p.m. deadline.

The Steelers also announced that 12-year veteran offensive lineman Barrett Brooks was placed on the Reserve/Injured list after injuring his quadriceps in the team's preseason finale versus the Carolina Panthers. Brooks will miss the entire 2006 season.

The players released from the Steelers roster include, P Mike Barr, QB Shane Boyd, OL Tim Brown, TE Charles Davis, TE Jon Dekker, DE Orien Harris, RB Cedric Humes, QB Omar Jacobs, FB Branden Joe, FB John Kuhn, S Mike Lorello, CB Anthony Madison, WR Lee Mays, DE Shaun Nua, DT Scott Paxson, LB Richard Seigler, LB Ron Stanley, OT Brandon Torrey, DE Lee Vickers and WR Walter Young.

The Steelers must release two more players by 6 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 2, to reach the NFL's 53-man roster limit.
 09-03-2006, 08:41 AM         #200
flex001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Steelers Release Final Two Players; Trim Roster to 53

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers today released linebacker Andre Frazier and wide receiver Quincy Morgan to trim their roster to the NFL's league minimum of 53 players.

Frazier (6-5, 234) originally signed as an undrafted free agent and made the active 53-man roster coming out of last year's camp. After spending five days on the team's practice squad, he was signed back to the 53-man roster until he was placed on the Reserve/Injured List on Jan. 24, 2006, with an injured right leg.

Frazier played in 11 games as a rookie and posted two tackles, including one sack in the season opener against the Tennessee Titans. He also added eight special teams' tackles in the regular season.

Morgan (6-1, 215) was acquired by the Steelers as a free agent on Sept. 6, 2005, after spending the 2004 season with the Dallas Cowboys. He was originally drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft before being traded to the Cowboys on Oct. 19, 2004.

Morgan played in all 16 games in 2005 for Pittsburgh as a wide receiver and kick returner. He posted nine catches for 150 yards and two touchdowns as a receiver while returning 23 kickoffs for 583 yards (25.3 avg.), which ranked fifth in the AFC and eighth in the NFL. Morgan missed the final three postseason games after suffering a right ankle injury in the Wild Card Game at Cincinnati.

All NFL teams may sign up to eight rookies or first-year players to their practice squad after noon on Sunday, Sept. 3.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy