Polo vs. Lacoste

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 08-07-2006, 01:54 PM         #61
Young Eazy E  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CapoStatus4K said:
YOU bi*ch a.ss pus*y n*gga, you a young a.ss punk, no wonder you dumb a.ss hell, if you was born between 1980 and 1984, n*ggaz remember how cheap Izod Lacoste shirts was in big chain stores like K-Mart.

I'm not wasting my time with you anymore.
 08-07-2006, 01:54 PM         #62
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Eazy E said:
18, now get the fu*k outta here. You f*g**t, you ruin every single thread. :finger:

I ruin it with facts and proof to back it you huh, dumb a.ss pus*y..

QUOTE=CapoStatus4K]The Izod Lacoste label came to it's height in popularity within the United States in the 70's and 80's.
Young adults incorporated polo style shirts into their preppy fashion, with the alligator/crocodile logo being the ultimate preppy icon.
The 80's wardrobe was not quite complete without several of these button down polos, worn with the collar up of course. Many teenagers wore their shirts in layers, sporting a multitude of colors all at once.
That very thing as made a wide comeback within the wardrobes of today's youths.

The famous alligator/crocodile logo came in a wide variety of colors. Though no info was found varifying this, it is widely known that green crocs were most common, followed by blue. Other colors are a bit more rare and can sometimes fetch higher dollar amounts because of this.

This page was created through hard work & a lot of time. It was put together to help date the Izod Lacoste clothing items out there & to educate everyone about the label. I've been asked many questions regarding this label. Hopefully this referrence will help to clear up some of those questions.

Many of the images below were provided by others, in which case, I have provided an image credit when possible.
If you have a label image that is not currently on this page, I would greatly appreciate your permission to use it here. Simply email me the image, preferrably cropped and sized to 200 pixels in width.
Or, if you have any info relating to dates, you can email that to me as well.

Do you have a vintage clothing website which offers Izod Lacoste clothing? Join our webring "Vintage Izod Lacoste Clothing"! Email for details!

NOTE:
I do not authenticate Izod Lacoste clothing!
A few things to look for to help determine whether your piece is a fake would be... Ironed on gator/croc patch or tags, poor quality, shotty construction, gator/croc patch facing the wrong way (they should face towards the right as you are looking at the piece), etc.
Also look for hand sewn on gator/croc patches as it was common practice to sew a patch onto any polo just so you were wearing the "in" clothing"

Infants & Toddlers

Izod Lacoste
Children's Line

Izod Lacoste
Izod Lacoste For Girls

Izod Lacoste
From Youth's Shirt

Izod Lacoste
From Youth's Jacket*5

Izod Lacoste
From Youth's Jacket*6

David Crystal Dress

David Crystal Dress

David Crystal Dress

David Crystal Dress

Izod Lacoste

Izod Lacoste

Haymaker Lacoste

Izod Lacoste

Izod Lacoste

Izod Lacoste
From Men's Blazer*1

Izod Lacoste Sports 1933
Tennis great Rene Lacoste teamed up with Andre Gillier to start a new company, La Societe Chemise Lacoste, manufacturing shirts featuring the well known alligator logo. This logo first became popular when Rene was given the nickname The Alligator by the American Press in 1927.

The first shirts were all white and were first produced soley for Rene's use. They soon became very popular, however, and so began the craze which has lasted through out the years.

Up until this time, all Chemise Lacoste shirts were white. However, in 1951 the company introduced their first solid colored shirts.

Rene Lacoste partnered with David Crystal, the owner of both Izod and Haymaker, to make Lacoste shirts in the US. Thus the start of the Izod Lacoste line.

Vin Draddy, the then president of the David Crystal Co., was vacationing in London when he came across a highly respected tailor "Jack Izod". Vin was fond of the name Izod and incorporated it into the companies name, though I am unsure of the specifics.

David Crystal began designing Tennis dresses and continued to do so until sometime in the 1970's

Began the first children's line.

Introduction of shorts and the beginning of the striped polos. The popular polo shirts now came in a wide range of both solid colors as well as stripes.

1970's
The 1970's marked the height of popularity among American's. These polo shirts with the alligator logo became the staple of preppy attire. From here on, there was no turning back!

Introduction of Lacoste tennis shoes

Introduction of Lacoste brand deck shoes

Introduction of Lacoste walking shoes

Signed licensing agreement with Pentland group for Lacoste leisure shoes.

Izod and Lacoste broke ties and separated for good. Both companies continued on, and still exist today. However, mysteriously you will not find any mention of the connection on the either the Izod or the Lacoste websites. Hmmmm?

Lacoste re-introduced it's clothing line, less Izod, into the US market.[/QUOTE]
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc