Polo vs. Lacoste

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #41
Mercury 
space
space
$2,585 | Props total: 1423 1423
polo is way better and has better prices. Lacoste joints never have hot stripes or nothing in their joints. I mean I have an Lacoste with stripes but that joint cost a grip
 11 years ago '04        #42
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Hey no one feeling those 3 for 19.99 polos that you can cop at Foot Locker, Champs, etc?
 08-07-2006, 11:00 AM         #43
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegod said:
Yeah, and you were one of those non fresh n*ggas.

Lacoste aint buy Izod out. Lacoste is the creator of the "alligator" shirt. Lacoste and Izod had a partnership where Izod sold "Izod Lacoste" shirts under liscense from Lacoste here in the U.S. Lacoste ended the partnership and thats why Izod fell the fu*k off and had to stop using the gator.

Get your facts right if your gonna try clown somebody while making a point.

dumb fu*k, they sold Izod Lacoste in K-mart Stores back in the day for crackhead prices...

Its Facts, bi*ch.
 11 years ago '06        #44
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,412 | Props total: 102 102
 CapoStatus4K said:
dumb fu*k, they sold Izod Lacoste in K-mart Stores back in the day for crackhead prices...

Its Facts, bi*ch.
who cops gear at kmart??????
 08-07-2006, 11:02 AM         #45
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deezaster said:
no he's right. lacoste bout out izod. izod had the gators first. we can tell who was fresh when they were younger

U already know, early 80's babies remember that sh*t..
 08-07-2006, 11:03 AM         #46
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheKidHypno' said:
who cops gear at kmart??????

Good Question, didn't buy clothes from there, peeps in elem school would brag about they Izod Lacoste shirt...
 11 years ago '06        #47
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,412 | Props total: 102 102
my job is to what? stay fly god my god the izod matchin the ipod

KILLA!
 08-07-2006, 11:09 AM         #48
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Eazy E said:
And you can prove this how? Stop talking out of your a.ss you moron, I said Lacoste which is a FOREIGN brand. Izod is completely different

The Izod Lacoste label came to it's height in popularity within the United States in the 70's and 80's.
Young adults incorporated polo style shirts into their preppy fashion, with the alligator/crocodile logo being the ultimate preppy icon.
The 80's wardrobe was not quite complete without several of these button down polos, worn with the collar up of course. Many teenagers wore their shirts in layers, sporting a multitude of colors all at once.
That very thing as made a wide comeback within the wardrobes of today's youths.

The famous alligator/crocodile logo came in a wide variety of colors. Though no info was found varifying this, it is widely known that green crocs were most common, followed by blue. Other colors are a bit more rare and can sometimes fetch higher dollar amounts because of this.

This page was created through hard work & a lot of time. It was put together to help date the Izod Lacoste clothing items out there & to educate everyone about the label. I've been asked many questions regarding this label. Hopefully this referrence will help to clear up some of those questions.

Many of the images below were provided by others, in which case, I have provided an image credit when possible.
If you have a label image that is not currently on this page, I would greatly appreciate your permission to use it here. Simply email me the image, preferrably cropped and sized to 200 pixels in width.
Or, if you have any info relating to dates, you can email that to me as well.

Do you have a vintage clothing website which offers Izod Lacoste clothing? Join our webring "Vintage Izod Lacoste Clothing"! Email for details!

NOTE:
I do not authenticate Izod Lacoste clothing!
A few things to look for to help determine whether your piece is a fake would be... Ironed on gator/croc patch or tags, poor quality, shotty construction, gator/croc patch facing the wrong way (they should face towards the right as you are looking at the piece), etc.
Also look for hand sewn on gator/croc patches as it was common practice to sew a patch onto any polo just so you were wearing the "in" clothing"

Infants & Toddlers

Izod Lacoste
Children's Line

Izod Lacoste
Izod Lacoste For Girls

Izod Lacoste
From Youth's Shirt

Izod Lacoste
From Youth's Jacket*5

Izod Lacoste
From Youth's Jacket*6

David Crystal Dress

David Crystal Dress

David Crystal Dress

David Crystal Dress

Izod Lacoste

Izod Lacoste

Haymaker Lacoste

Izod Lacoste

Izod Lacoste

Izod Lacoste
From Men's Blazer*1

Izod Lacoste Sports 1933
Tennis great Rene Lacoste teamed up with Andre Gillier to start a new company, La Societe Chemise Lacoste, manufacturing shirts featuring the well known alligator logo. This logo first became popular when Rene was given the nickname The Alligator by the American Press in 1927.

The first shirts were all white and were first produced soley for Rene's use. They soon became very popular, however, and so began the craze which has lasted through out the years.

Up until this time, all Chemise Lacoste shirts were white. However, in 1951 the company introduced their first solid colored shirts.

Rene Lacoste partnered with David Crystal, the owner of both Izod and Haymaker, to make Lacoste shirts in the US. Thus the start of the Izod Lacoste line.

Vin Draddy, the then president of the David Crystal Co., was vacationing in London when he came across a highly respected tailor "Jack Izod". Vin was fond of the name Izod and incorporated it into the companies name, though I am unsure of the specifics.

David Crystal began designing Tennis dresses and continued to do so until sometime in the 1970's

Began the first children's line.

Introduction of shorts and the beginning of the striped polos. The popular polo shirts now came in a wide range of both solid colors as well as stripes.

1970's
The 1970's marked the height of popularity among American's. These polo shirts with the alligator logo became the staple of preppy attire. From here on, there was no turning back!

Introduction of Lacoste tennis shoes

Introduction of Lacoste brand deck shoes

Introduction of Lacoste walking shoes

Signed licensing agreement with Pentland group for Lacoste leisure shoes.

Izod and Lacoste broke ties and separated for good. Both companies continued on, and still exist today. However, mysteriously you will not find any mention of the connection on the either the Izod or the Lacoste websites. Hmmmm?

Lacoste re-introduced it's clothing line, less Izod, into the US market.
 08-07-2006, 11:10 AM         #49
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

08-07-2006, 11:25 AM         #50
Young Eazy E  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^Too bad Lacoste was never sold in K-mart you moron
 08-07-2006, 11:27 AM         #51
Mike Blitz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you getting overhcarged for lacoste if you paying 70 dollars for 1 shirt

we can get 4 lacoste polos for £50 (basically $90)

you have some greedy stores
 08-07-2006, 12:04 PM         #52
Mike Blitz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was waiting for someone to post so I could say SIKE

cant be a.ssed
 11 years ago '04        #53
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,455 | Props total: 1239 1239
Polo for me.
 08-07-2006, 12:09 PM         #54
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Eazy E said:
^^Too bad Lacoste was never sold in K-mart you moron

dumb fu*k, I remember it being in K-Mart, you hoe a.ss n*gga, you must be 18 or younger..
 08-07-2006, 12:16 PM         #55
roclo7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Polo easily
 08-07-2006, 12:19 PM         #56
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 roclo7 said:
Polo easily

all day...
 08-07-2006, 12:27 PM         #57
Young Eazy E  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CapoStatus4K said:
dumb fu*k, I remember it being in K-Mart, you hoe a.ss n*gga, you must be 18 or younger..

Wow, who's the one being like a little kid? You. God your easily one of the most annoying people in this forum. :banghead:
 08-07-2006, 01:25 PM         #58
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Eazy E said:
Wow, who's the one being like a little kid? You. God your easily one of the most annoying people in this forum. :banghead:

YOU DUMB a.ss, WHAT THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE TOPIC? ANSWER MY QUESTION, HOW OLD ARE YOU, HOE?
 08-07-2006, 01:50 PM         #59
Young Eazy E  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CapoStatus4K said:
YOU DUMB a.ss, WHAT THAT GOT TO DO WITH THE TOPIC? ANSWER MY QUESTION, HOW OLD ARE YOU, HOE?

18, now get the fu*k outta here. You f*g**t, you ruin every single thread. :finger:
 08-07-2006, 01:52 PM         #60
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Eazy E said:
18, now get the fu*k outta here. You loser

YOU bi*ch a.ss pus*y n*gga, you a young a.ss punk, no wonder you dumb a.ss hell, if you was born between 1980 and 1984, n*ggaz remember how cheap Izod Lacoste shirts was in big chain stores like K-Mart.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
78 comments
2 days ago