Gatorade while working out? Good or Bad?

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
7372 pageviews
27 comments

thechanickal1 
space
space
space
$704 | Props total: 136 136
Gatorade while working out? Good or Bad?

Ive been buying the gatorade powder and making a quart of it and drinking while weightlifting. Im also trying to loose that last 5 pounds...But also trying to gain 5 pounds of muscle. So do you think gatorade helps a workout enough to justfy the calories? This is what im thinking...
PROS
Contains salt to help you want to drink more water. I belive if your are a little bit dehydrated, it can make a huge difference in the amount of weight u can lift.

Sugar Energy

CONS
Extra Calories (espically since i drink so much of it)

WHAT DO YOU THINK, I DON'T KNOW?

27 comments for "Gatorade while working out? Good or Bad?"

08-02-2006, 02:12 AM         #2
Kree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i heard it was bad...
 08-02-2006, 02:30 AM         #3
Kali_Kingz90 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drink it after you workout, drink water while working out.

After you workout drink a Sugary drink (Gatorade), and a protein shake. Then an hour later eat a meal high in carbs and protein.
 11 years ago '06        #4
kosterzoo 
space
space
$820 | Props total: 2 2
DRINK GATORADE/POWERAIDE WHATEVER AID DURING IF YOUR WANTING TO PUT ON WEIGHT

This will help depletion of glycogen stores... Even for awhile I was eating Jelly beans during training!
 08-02-2006, 08:58 AM         #5
markus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kosterzoo said:
DRINK GATORADE/POWERAIDE WHATEVER AID DURING IF YOUR WANTING TO PUT ON WEIGHT

This will help depletion of glycogen stores... Even for awhile I was eating Jelly beans during training!
how creditable is this?
 08-02-2006, 09:05 AM         #6
c me stackin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 markus said:
how creditable is this?
hes a sports scientist sooo...

probly pretty creditable
 08-02-2006, 09:14 AM         #7
markus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh okay, just checking to make sure cause you can never believe everything you hear on here (no offense to u kosterzoo)
 11 years ago '04        #8
WHAT_THE_ 
space
space
space
$1,136 | Props total: 2 2
generally speaking it's fine. it is a little high in sugar. you can dilute a bit by adding more water to it. you could also most likely get the same benefit from a glass of chocolate milk, or a piece of fruit. as kosterzoo said it helps replenish glycogen stores. and yes in comparison to water or nothing you would gain weight simply because it's additional calories.
 11 years ago '04        #9
thechanickal1  OP
space
space
space
$704 | Props total: 136 136
but doesnt it give you more energy while working out? I thought sugar is the fastest digested energy
 08-02-2006, 03:15 PM         #10
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Water is a necessity during ANY workout...

Gatorade is a little high in sugar yes, but...

For workouts that last over an hour, you SHOULD get some simple carbs in, along wit lots of water... Some protein too really... Depleted glycogen stores require it...

For shorter, intense workouts, if your pre- and post-workout nutrition is good, drinking only water will do, but some simple carbs won't hurt you (i.e. a piece of fruit)... This predominantly regards weightlifting...
 11 years ago '06        #11
kosterzoo 
space
space
 markus said:
oh okay, just checking to make sure cause you can never believe everything you hear on here (no offense to u kosterzoo)

None taken :D I should elaborate abit, when I use to need to put on weight I'd drink a half watered down poweraide, So I'd suggest the same, I use to find for my body, a 'full strength' poweraide was abit much so i use to water it down.. Allows for optimal hydration etc.. aswell
 11 years ago '04        #12
WHAT_THE_ 
space
space
space
$1,136 | Props total: 2 2
 kosterzoo said:
None taken :D I should elaborate abit, when I use to need to put on weight I'd drink a half watered down poweraide, So I'd suggest the same, I use to find for my body, a 'full strength' poweraide was abit much so i use to water it down.. Allows for optimal hydration etc.. aswell
as mentioned above in less detail, many people have success w/ the 50/50 mix. thanks for the backup. good to have another quality head on the forum.
 08-03-2006, 07:27 PM         #13
Flozz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so for dinner for example can u eat a ham sandwich wit low fat mayo wit no cheese??
 11 years ago '06        #14
kosterzoo 
space
space
 Flozz said:
so for dinner for example can u eat a ham sandwich wit low fat mayo wit no cheese??

IF you wanna man :P not gonna do you any harm
 08-05-2006, 05:10 PM         #15
Bar-BuryiN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gatorade is only good when you are routinely sweating your a.ss off, becuz it puts back a lot of what you lose. typically, unless you are really heavy, your not going to be dripping in sweat like Patrick Ewing after a Knick game by working out. u'll jus be sweating normally. so water is best in that case, cuz gatorade (other than for the reason above) isn't healthy. lots and lots of sugar.
 11 years ago '06        #16
kosterzoo 
space
space
^^
Not true...

The idea of gatoraide 'DURING' training is that it replaces the glycogen stores that have been used throughout the workout..not really talking about the hydration factor. You don't need to be sweeting your a.ss off to use glycogen as a fuel sorce.. Furthermore, as already stated diluted gatoraide is the way to go. Otherwise if its just hydration your after, water with rocksalt is a good choice
 11 years ago '04        #17
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 5761 5761
Gatorade is bad 4 u i thought powerade was better till i did some research & found out that was bad also most drinks r bad 4 u period. I drink poweraid every once n a while cause i like it dispite the facts. Just drink water, or get some kinda organic drink from the whole food store
 11 years ago '06        #18
kosterzoo 
space
space
 Duntaz said:
Gatorade is bad 4 u i thought powerade was better till i did some research & found out that was bad also most drinks r bad 4 u period. I drink poweraid every once n a while cause i like it dispite the facts. Just drink water, or get some kinda organic drink from the whole food store

Dont just say 'gatoraide is bad for you'

explain.....and take into consideration what has already been posted

*no beef*
 11 years ago '04        #19
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 5761 5761
i dont feel i have 2 explain if u do your research before u post u would know or (he). Most products on the market arent good 4 u period, or let me rephrase. Gatorade isnt bad for you persay, i mean if you dont value your kidneys & all so it isnt good 4 you either. Every once n a while is alright but not every time you workout.

Last edited by Duntaz; 08-07-2006 at 12:17 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #20
kosterzoo 
space
space
Ok now you got beef with me, your posting this as gospel without explaining it...

How is gatorade damaging for the kidneys? What macronutrient does it have that is bad?

To quote the writings of Lady Rannveigr Haakonardottir (copy and paste job)

The basis of this rumor is that Gatorade contains some sugar in order to make it vaguely palatable. Sugar may be bad for your teeth, but is as easily digested by the body as salt, and an active f!ghter can probably use a few extra calories. If you are into an all organic diet, you may decide not to drink Gatorade. Just remember that most other balanced salt drinks cost more and taste atrocious.

The research you seem to sing about bring it out...at which point I will either concur or rebutal?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy