Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
29 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 07-31-2006, 03:08 PM         #21
DJLow2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ported. Mufu*ka.
 11 years ago '06        #22
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 $hArP said:
One sub in a ported box has bad speaker response where 2 subs in a ported box has very good speaker response cause the pressure from one sub equalizes the pressure from the other sub which in turn balances them to bump in unison....SPEAKERS ARE BEST IN EVEN # PAIRS....TRUST ME!!!!!

EDIT: Plus 2 Subs Has That s3xy.....:D
Where do you get your facts from because everything you said is wrong and ignorant. 1 sub in a ported box does not have bad response. You would get more output of 1 sub in a ported box than you would with 1 sub in a sealed box. It all depends on how you want your sound, how much room you have, and how much power you are feeding the sub.

For a sealed box, it's the most easy to make and requires less room, and it will have good low frequency extension, but might not have the best low frequency extension. If you don't have much room for a box, then sealed would be the one you'll want. Plus sealed is more SQ than SPL/SQL.

For ported boxes it will generally have a better low frequency extension for a given response shape, but would require a large enclosure. If you made the enclosure as small as the sealed enclosure, but ported it to gain the low frequency response, the output would deviate from the desired flat response.

If you go ported, here's some tuning options.
Sound Quality (SQ) : 20 up to 28 Hz.
Sound Quality Loudness (SQL) : 30 up to 35 Hz
Sound Pressure Level (SPL) : 40 up to 80 Hz (test tones are played rather than normal music, to avoid Low frequencies, which damages the speaker).
Its commonly used for competition purpose. and not everyday driving. (unless you like listening to test tones for everyday driving).

So if you do go ported, there's some options to look into. If it were me I'd go sealed mainly because I love SQ more than loudness. That single dub7 will sound good in a big SUV in a sealed box.

Last edited by -Phase One-; 07-31-2006 at 05:59 PM..
 07-31-2006, 06:13 PM         #23
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $hArP said:
I could give two sh*ts what JL says...One sub in a ported box has bad speaker response where 2 subs in a ported box has very good speaker response cause the pressure from one sub equalizes the pressure from the other sub which in turn balances them to bump in unison....SPEAKERS ARE BEST IN EVEN # PAIRS....TRUST ME!!!!!

EDIT: Plus 2 Subs Has That s3xy.....:D
EVERYONE STAND DOWN. THE AUTHOR ON CAR AUDIO HAS SPOKEN ONCE AGAIN. WHO GIVES A fu*k ABOUT WHAT THE DESIGNERS OF THE SUB THINK. SURE THEY DEVELOPED, TESTED, AND KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT THIER PRODUCT BUT THERE HAS TO BE SOME KID ON BOXDEN WHO KNOWS BETTER. MAYBE A GED OR HIGHSCHOOL DIPLOMA IS ALL NEEDED TO BE AN EXPERT AT THIS THING (EVEN IF U PROBALLY NEVER OWNED THE THING TO BEGIN WITH AND IF SO, NEVER APPLIED EVERY POSSIBLE APPLICATION TO KNOW WHAT WORKS BEST FOR IT).

ILL HAVE TO WRITE THAT DOWN THOUGH. U SAY THE RULE IS THAT ONE PORTED SUB CANT SOUND GOOD. U NEED ANOTHER TO "EQUALIZE THE AIR PRESSURE" RIGHT? THATS WHEN THEY "BUMP IN UNISON".

U MUST BE AN a.ssISTANT MANAGER AT BEST BUY OR CIRCUT CITY:sick:

OH YEA I ALMOST FORGOT........U GET "THAT s3xY" FROM 2 SUBS

Last edited by SKINNI; 07-31-2006 at 06:28 PM..
 07-31-2006, 06:27 PM         #24
$hArP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ported to me just don't sound right....

I was told by a few people that you never put one sub in a ported box cause of poor speaker response and Sq is weak...If i'm wrong i'm wrong but, i will never use a ported box...:D
 07-31-2006, 07:32 PM         #25
druthafoo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $hArP said:

I was told by a few people that you never put one sub in a ported box cause of poor speaker response and Sq is weak...If i'm wrong i'm wrong but, i will never use a ported box...:D
wow. I run one sub in a ported box so supposedly I have sh*tty SQ, lol.
 11 years ago '06        #26
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 $hArP said:

It all depends on the install on how good the sound is. A good headunit, good amp to power the sub(s), and a good enclosure will make the sub(s) sound best. Pus it all depends on what the box was tuned to. IMO ported boxes aren't made for SQ unless you tune it low. There were some set ups I've heard that used ported boxes and I was kind of impressed, but it's nothing I'd want for a daily driver. If you're a bass-head then ported is exactly what you want. I love clean sound rather than "loud" sound so I'll always stick with sealed. So I may seem a little biased towards sealed enclosures.

I also agree that I'll never use a ported box, unless I'm going to be in competitions and want to reach the high scores.
 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM         #27
$hArP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 druthafoo said:
wow. I run one sub in a ported box so supposedly I have sh*tty SQ, lol.
not sh*tty but, weaker compared to a sealed box....man whatever I've only heard ported box's never owned one so this time you guys might be right...I don't really know sh*t about ported box's only what I heard in a few type R integras and a few SI civics...also what people say about them
 07-31-2006, 09:33 PM         #28
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $hArP said:

NOW THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. U MADE A STATEMENT EARLIER AS IF IT WERE FACT. TO a.ssUME THAT ONE SUB PORTED WILL NEVER SOUND GOOD IS SILLY. TELL THOSE FEW PEOPLE TO STOP BUYING PREFAB PORTED ENCLOSURES. IVE DONE SINGLE L7 15' S (FAR FROM SQ SUBS) PORTED IN IN A MALIBU, TAHOE, AND AVALANCH AND THEY WERE ALL GOOD. I KNOW THAT W7 HAS TO SOUND HELLA BETTER AT SQ. I WOULDNT KNOCK ANYONE THAT DOESNT LIKE PORTED. THEY HAVE THIER DOWNSIDES CERTAINLY. I CHOSE TO GO SEALED IN MAGNUM INSTEAD OF PORTED AND I GET BETTER SQ BUT I LOOSE ALOT OF OUTPUT. THAT W7 IS DESIGNED TO PRODUCE EXCELLENT SQ IN EITHER
 07-31-2006, 09:34 PM         #29
DJLow2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k it all. Use baffle board.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
206 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy