Jul 21 - 'GHETTO TAX' - Why it costs more to be poor...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11 years ago '06        #161
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,367 | Props total: 2081 2081
 nawtyxes said:
Thats a fu*king excuse..get a grip on reality. Why you gotta have a TV? Read the fu*king paper..I understand maybe for the older 50+ generation, but kids this day and age have no excuse

go to school
get an education
get a fu*king job
save your fu*king money

however this is what happens
go to school
socialize, play sports, make friends

get a job
so they can buy ring tones, nikes and sh*t

save your fu*king money
yeah save it long enough to buy more depreciative sh*t

stop with the excuses and man the fu*k up!

actually going 2 school is hard as hell when ur poor. u might b able 2 get some type of scholarship but if its not a full ride then your not going....
 11 years ago '04        #162
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
minimum wage isn't enough for 1 person to survive. and those things this article list proves why poor ppl get poorer. yea it's dumb to get caller id when u can't afford the regular phone bill but the point is that u can't afford the phone, not even for an emergency. and if u miss a bill u owe plus interest which of course a poor person can not pay. interest is what's holding ppl back. but i don't like how ppl glorify the ghetto though b/c it's not anywhere u wanna grow up.
 11 years ago '05        #163
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
That article is stupid. People live in the ghetto because they can't afford to pay the cost of living in a middle class neighborhood. Paying a little bit more for groceries, renting appliances, and public transportation is nothing compared to paying mortgage on a $500,000 house and a car payment plus neccessities like food and utilities. People in housing projects pay less than $100 a month for rent! Paying a little bit more for groceries and renting appliances isn't sh*t. The objective of the projects is to give people a place to live so they can get out of the ghetto and live a better life. Unfortunately that rarely happens.
 11 years ago '04        #164
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
loans and scholarships aint gonna pay for food, clothes, even school supplies. and ppl act like it's easy to get a job. it's not even easy to get a job at burger king.
 11 years ago '04        #165
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 RamazedAGAIN said:
actually you can by taking loans and then paying themm off once you get a job. then youll have really good credit. and also by saving money just what that guy that you quoted said.
For some poor people, getting loans is impossible because of the due process of getting a loan. You have to have co-signers with good credit for some loans, and there is a maximum loan amount.
 11 years ago '04        #166
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 Poloi3eai2 said:
That article is stupid. People live in the ghetto because they can't afford to pay the cost of living in a middle class neighborhood. Paying a little bit more for groceries, renting appliances, and public transportation is nothing compared to paying mortgage on a $500,000 house and a car payment plus neccessities like food and utilities. People in housing projects pay less than $100 a month for rent! Paying a little bit more for groceries and renting appliances isn't sh*t. The objective of the projects is to give people a place to live so they can get out of the ghetto and live a better life. Unfortunately that rarely happens.
You obviously can't comprehend the article and most likely never attended college or a business class. What's happening in this situation is similar to a regressive tax structure, one which taxes people who make less at higher rates. Sales taxes are one example. So that you understand the concept, I'll use some numbers to explain. It works like this, lets say that the sales tax rate is 30% for everyone. Say i'm poor and only make 10 dollars a year and buy 5 dollars worth of goods. Lets a.ssume that this $5 is enough to get buy and live a fairly comfortable lifestyle. This means I will pay 1.5 dollars in sales tax. This is 15% of my yearly income. Now lets keep the above facts the same except now i'm a rich person and I make 100 dollars per year. But, to make this realistic, lets a.ssume the rich person will complement their extra income by living lavishly and spends $10 in order to live very comfortable. This same 30% tax rate on $10.00 worth of gods now equates to only $3.00 or 3% of my yearly income.

Conclusion:
The poor person is taxed at 15% of yearly income while the rich mutherfu*ker only 3% and lives more lavishly. The same 1.50 of tax means much more to a poor person than a rich person, despite how much they pay for rent or anything else. You contradict yourself when you say a rich person pays $500,000 rent vs a poor person paying $100. Because they can afford it you idiot!!!!!

Hey buddy, it makes you look even worse when you try to sound smart and it backfires and makes you look dumb.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-22-2006 at 11:12 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #167
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
YOU can't comprehend the article. I go to college and major business admin. The writer is saying that people living in the ghetto pay more because grocery stores, banks and other businesses are reluctant to do business in the ghetto. Also that they pay more to rent appliances and public transportation because they can't afford to pay it all off upfront in cash. What YOU ARE talking about is sales tax. It affects poor people more only because they earn less. That's basic math. The sales tax rate is no different between rich and poor. The writer failed to mention that alot people in the ghetto also receive welfare checks, food stamps, and live in low rent government housing. That should be adequate a.ssistance from the government to help people in the ghetto pay for nessecities. Unfortunately many people just take advantge of government a.ssistance and dont do sh*t.
 11 years ago '04        #168
ese 
space
space
$198 | Props total: 0 0
i grew up in compton, graduated high school, never got "jumped" into a gang, never fu*ked around with drugs, attended college on loans and grants and moved out of compton. Three of my other cousins my age graduated college aswell and never did the whole gang sh*t either. Those saying you have no choice in life are the ones with the mentality that they can NOT and will not stand up for their beliefs and for what they want in life. How is it that my pop having only gone as far as third grade in school, in mexico! be able to support his family of seven living in compton. Those of you who live in the area know houses in compton are 400k no bullsh*t. It's life decisions that you make the decide the outcome of your life, dont blame the goverment, dont blame anyone but yourself for your situation. Althought it might have been harder for you to do something then the rich white kid you decided NOT to get on the bus and go to the better school, you decided not to pick up a book and read. Thats why your still in the same situation you might have started in or fell into.

As for the article it is definately true what it's relaying but it's also talking about some things that are easily avoidable. I mean a tv fu*k outta here we lived a full year without it and it was probably the best time of my young life. Groceries though I mean that can be bullsh*t 2 depends on your area tho, cus im sure theres a store a bus ride away that might save you 20 bucks, instead of going around the corner to the local shop. Then again theres area's where its not at all that way. I think the corporate giants are losing money not placing their mega food store in the middle of the ghetto. Then again if they did local business would complain about going broke...

Motherfu*kers just need positive people around them to overcome their sh*tty circumstances. If your surrounded with people who have no hope then thats all it's ever gonna be..if you step up and do it diffrently then the drug pushing bs, others might follow.
 11 years ago '06        #169
anseltmchs 4 heat pts
space
space
$514 | Props total: 17 17
bumpers
 11-17-2006, 06:46 PM         #170
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
98% of the people in this forum will NEVER have a cumulative career earnings of 1 million dollars ever.....so cmon now...by the way...im sure everyone who is bashing "poor people" lives in the burbs...or are white...eh
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy