Jul 21 - 'GHETTO TAX' - Why it costs more to be poor...

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
191 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-26-2006, 07:12 PM         #121
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crmlbywonder said:
u OBVIOUSLY CANT SEE BECAUSE FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE ITS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. i dont wat u think that if every 1 has a chance bullsh*t because everyone doesnt. and the local government should try anyway to fix up the communities. i dont know why u dumb fu*ks are saying the government should'nt have to do sh*t because they do. is the mayor and his council not responsible for what goes on in your city? i dont know where the fu*k you live kid but in newark the council at least trie to renovate sh*t, clean up develop programs for kids to keep them out of trouble. yall think if u work hard your home free. get the fucc outta here wit that bullsh*t
again your proving my point ... its "damn near impossible" BUT IT ISNT IMPOSSIBLE... :applause: ITS TUFF ITS HARD GET IT THROUGH YOUR RETARDED PEON HEAD I UNDERSTAND IN SOME CASES ITS BEYOND DIFFICULT BUT ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!! and of course if your working hard... and by working hard i dont mean having a job thats gets you by ... i mean a job that will get your a.ss enough money to save up and move out of the sh*t you live the of course your home free
 07-26-2006, 07:29 PM         #122
I-Moc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wonder makes a good point with the government needs to step in but I think they do that in the form of welfare and housing projects, and Links makes a point that you can't let that be the end of the road for you. You can't just settle with a job that gets you by. You gotta have that hunger, that drive to be more and to get more. And that mind state isn't limited to poor people either, it just hurts them the most. But I know of some middle class people who are pullin in just enough to get them by, but yet they always complaining bout bein broke. Suggest workin more hours and they look at you like you crazy....some people are just lazy i guess.
 07-26-2006, 07:41 PM         #123
indelibiliti  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why dont the people that keep blaming the gov and the "man" stop blaiming them and blame themselves sh*t if u let something bring u down long enough its ur fault theres two types of people in life the ones that push back when life pushes and the ones that let life push them around the ghetto is made to have people push them around cause its created for the poor and uneducated but its only like that because fatcat politicians take all the money and put it in their pockets but then we have some of the most intelligent and creative people come outa poverty what doesnt k!ll u makes u stronger and smarter.paying a little more will teach them to pay less in the future if they dont remain ignorant cause theres alot of people in the ghetto who are educated.true story.
 07-26-2006, 10:09 PM         #124
dgreen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-Moc said:
Wonder makes a good point with the government needs to step in but I think they do that in the form of welfare and housing projects, and Links makes a point that you can't let that be the end of the road for you. You can't just settle with a job that gets you by. You gotta have that hunger, that drive to be more and to get more. And that mind state isn't limited to poor people either, it just hurts them the most. But I know of some middle class people who are pullin in just enough to get them by, but yet they always complaining bout bein broke. Suggest workin more hours and they look at you like you crazy....some people are just lazy i guess.

And that's what the government help did it made our people lazy.

Why should i work when i can stay home, have kids and wait on my welfare check. Why should i work when the less money i make the more they will give me for housing. These two things in particular was ment for people who needed help until they can they get back on their feet. But some of us has made it life long issue.
This argument has been going on for a long time and the bottom line is this: No One Is Going To Give Us Nothing and i am not saying steal it.
 07-26-2006, 10:40 PM         #125
Greetings  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
another retarded dumb fu*k UNDERSTAND THE fu*kIN POINT THAT IM TRYIN TO MAKE !!!!! NO ONE SAID IT WAS EASY TO MAKE SOMETHIN OF YOURSELF GIVEN CERTAIN SITUATIONS!!! its not ... i understand that .... thats the point Ive tried to make u and anyone who thinks like you UNDERSTAND... yes some have it easier than others... but for the 34th time ... IF YOU ARE 18 years of age or older... there is no excuse for poverty in this country ... and there is no one to blame but urself if you arent doing anything about it ... thats it plain and simple READ IT process it ... understand it ... and for the next 30 flaming leotard ghetto f*g**ts who will probably come in here with that SMH head bull sh*t ... go ahead and read what i just wrote and before u say anything go and get an education... find yourself a job... stop hanging around dumbfu*ks all day with the dumbfu*k mentality where "HOOD REP" is something to boast about and look forward to everyday and actually make an attempt to have a better life

Again you need to understand that it's easy for you to sit down and judge and tell people how to live their lives from behind your keyboard. the fact is there are many many more variables to poverty than what anyone has yet mentioned in this thread. You all are oversimplifying poverty that's why we disagree with you.
 07-26-2006, 10:53 PM         #126
I-Moc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Greetings said:
Again you need to understand that it's easy for you to sit down and judge and tell people how to live their lives from behind your keyboard. the fact is there are many many more variables to poverty than what anyone has yet mentioned in this thread. You all are oversimplifying poverty that's why we disagree with you.

Then enlighten us, list out the other variables that can't be overcame through dedication and hardwork?
 07-26-2006, 11:03 PM         #127
dgreen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-Moc said:
Then enlighten us, list out the other variables that can't be overcame through dedication and hardwork?

yeah, please do
 07-26-2006, 11:42 PM         #128
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Greetings said:
and again ... i never said it was easy for those born into poverty ... *keeps tally of the # of times he has said that in this thread * going on to 52 now
 07-27-2006, 12:11 AM         #129
dgreen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rhymespitter84 said:
yo this sh*t is so true you dont even know family

my girl probably gonna get mad at me, but in Connecticut

there's only 6% tax
everything is cheaper

tell me you can get "Cable TV, High Speed DSL, AND, phone service" for $75 a month!!! but you paying more than $50 for the cable package in the city, you paying at least $30-$40 for a decent Cable/DSL connection.

Im not saying everybody in CT is rich, but it is a weathly state, as far as income goes, so why are they paying LESS for stuff than in big cities where the average income is much much smaller???

its fu*ked up man. FREE YOUR MOTHERfu*kING MINDS PEOPLE.
what part of CT is that
 07-27-2006, 12:58 AM         #130
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-Moc said:
i didnt know that welfare checks and housing projects stops innocent kids from getting shot on their way home from school. how bout the government do better against the people that commit these crimes on innocent people with their police force? huh how bout that. my city has 64 murders this year and in july last year there was only 55 murders so what does that say. 18 high school kids were k!lled in 18 months and 14 of them were honor students in my city that were going to go to good colleges but thanks to the increased crime they get k!lled. got ne rags to riches statements to make for that, i didnt think so. and u said the gov did that in the form of projects as help wen projects increased crime but the government will never understand and neither will yall because yall continue to look at the people in the hood as the same wen its just certain people that make it dangerous for others seeking a better life and like I said and im going to say it again a person shouldnt have to dodge bullets in order to come home from school to achieve a better life. the governments job is to keep innocent people in the city state etc safe. but they dont do that and therefore it becomes almost impossible or IMPOSSIBLE for some1 to make a better life.(now this isnt everybody but this happens to many people in bad communities) dumb fu*ks
 07-27-2006, 09:12 AM         #131
I-Moc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crmlbywonder said:
i didnt know that welfare checks and housing projects stops innocent kids from getting shot on their way home from school. how bout the government do better against the people that commit these crimes on innocent people with their police force? huh how bout that. my city has 64 murders this year and in july last year there was only 55 murders so what does that say. 18 high school kids were k!lled in 18 months and 14 of them were honor students in my city that were going to go to good colleges but thanks to the increased crime they get k!lled. got ne rags to riches statements to make for that, i didnt think so. and u said the gov did that in the form of projects as help wen projects increased crime but the government will never understand and neither will yall because yall continue to look at the people in the hood as the same wen its just certain people that make it dangerous for others seeking a better life and like I said and im going to say it again a person shouldnt have to dodge bullets in order to come home from school to achieve a better life. the governments job is to keep innocent people in the city state etc safe. but they dont do that and therefore it becomes almost impossible or IMPOSSIBLE for some1 to make a better life.(now this isnt everybody but this happens to many people in bad communities) dumb fu*ks
thats a poor excuse.....we aren't talkin about the people who DO try to make a better life and die, we are talkin about the people who DON'T try to make a better life and make excuses....try again
 11 years ago '05        #132
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,407 | Props total: 1045 1045
 crmlbywonder said:

hmmm how about people stop glorifying

Jeezy The Snowman
Rick Ross and the Blowwwwwwwwwwwwww
The Trap House
Cocaina

interestingly enough I saw an article about some rapper who basically snitched on himself and at no point did I see a post that said good, another drug dealer off the street, only what an idiot he was and that he was about to get his folks k!lled. Once again priorities and values are fu*ked

the ghettos are a product of the government stepping in in the early 70s. The fu*king safety net has failed and we have failed as a whole. until people realize that they need to take ownership things will never change

Last edited by nawtyxes; 07-27-2006 at 10:30 AM..
 07-27-2006, 11:05 AM         #133
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-Moc said:
thats a poor excuse.....we aren't talkin about the people who DO try to make a better life and die, we are talkin about the people who DON'T try to make a better life and make excuses....try again
i aint makin know excuses. im lettin yall(who dont know sh*t about what goes on here) know both sides. yall cant just say the people who dont try cuz then u just be talkin bout one side. im talkin bout the people who do try and get k!lled.
 07-27-2006, 11:10 AM         #134
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nawtyxes said:
hmmm how about people stop glorifying

Jeezy The Snowman
Rick Ross and the Blowwwwwwwwwwwwww
The Trap House
Cocaina

interestingly enough I saw an article about some rapper who basically snitched on himself and at no point did I see a post that said good, another drug dealer off the street, only what an idiot he was and that he was about to get his folks k!lled. Once again priorities and values are fu*ked

the ghettos are a product of the government stepping in in the early 70s. The fu*king safety net has failed and we have failed as a whole. until people realize that they need to take ownership things will never change
thats exactly the bullsh*t im talkin about. stop lookin at the ghetto as a whole. there are people in the ghetto that need help point blank. if the safety net has failed wen has it worked? wen bashin black people with clubs was the style? i dont giv a fu*k wat failed the point is to get a ghetto cleaned up there is gonna have to be efforts from TWO SIDES not 1 TWO!!!! the people who want to fix their community up and the local government(mayor council watever)
 07-27-2006, 11:10 AM         #135
ludacris1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
blah blah blah dont wanna read it shut up ... whoever is 18 and poor ... decided to be that way

what? :banghead:
 07-27-2006, 11:14 AM         #136
POMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
true ^^^
 11 years ago '05        #137
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
 crmlbywonder said:
thats exactly the bullsh*t im talkin about. stop lookin at the ghetto as a whole. there are people in the ghetto that need help point blank. if the safety net has failed wen has it worked? wen bashin black people with clubs was the style? i dont giv a fu*k wat failed the point is to get a ghetto cleaned up there is gonna have to be efforts from TWO SIDES not 1 TWO!!!! the people who want to fix their community up and the local government(mayor council watever)
ok let me compartmentalize the issue then

Ghetto
1. Older Generation - truly poor living on subsidy, can't change their state
2. Newer Generation - poor but able to do somethng about enviroment and r tryin
3. Newer Generation - dont want to do sh*t, waiting on another handout

Which one of these do you think has the most influence #3. Yes the ghetto is full of broken promises and dreams. we all know that everyone CANT AND WONT BE A MILLIONAIRE OR A 6 FIGGA n*gga (to say it bluntly), however you can set a goal and attempt to obtain it. What is success to you? Once again , listen to the music today. Dont get me wrong I dont' have it all, BUT i am a realist, and was brought up with another sense to know right from wrong. But do you ever hear the sob raps of life in the ghetto and the come up like this

I wanna leave the ghetto so I'll stack some chedda
buy a townhouse so life would be betta

no you hear about leaving the ghetto and now Im sitin on a yacht with 10 thousand stacks in my pockets etc etc.

That sh*t aint even realistic to 95% of the population. We have become disillusioned to what making it and sucess is.

Hmmm remember the part in Boyz in the Hood when the pops should his son how everything in the neighborhood was gun shop, liqiuor store, pawn shop. you cant tell me that after 30 fu*king years n*ggas would stop bi*ching about no one givin them a loan to open up a store that ALL the Koreans own everything etc. When someone does come back to the hood and invest they invest in some bullsh*t club or clothing store. Yes the ghetto is a struggle, but it is what you make it. Not to put people bizness in the street but my boy is from Philly and lived in some straight squalor sh*t. I grew up Country Poor, this n*gga is STREET POOR. he wasnt proud of it or his situation. single mom, older brother and sister in and out of trouble, but he did what was right, stayed on course, got into college be it his athletic prowess coupled with an 1100 SAT and now has traveled the world, got a good job moved to AZ and is helping his OLDER brother and sister move out there where he is at. He is trying to do something. He aint making stacks of paper, but the bit that he has he is trying, and he is starting with HIS FAMILY, and the generations that with following. It takes the mindset of I AM GOING TO MAKE IT. I AM NOT GONNA CHEAT NOBODY RUIN NOBODY OR k!ll NOBODY I WILL MAKE IT WITHTHE HELP OF OTHERS AND WITH MY DETERMINATIOn.

These arguments are pissing me the fu*k off. Simple a.ss mutherfu*kers. Have a reality check, look at yourself in the mirror and ask am I doing enough. Its not the other way around. For me to NOT know that there are gaps in income, some are poor, some are middle class and some are rich is stupid on my part. Not everyone is blessed, some are downtrodden. BUT THERE ARE SYSTEMS IN PLACE TO HELP THEM. the problem is the system as been overused by worthless n*ggas runnign around lookling for a handout and the complainers. The Tron's (dave chappell character) who thinks it all a joke. The fu*k you I gotta get mines n*ggas.

Last edited by nawtyxes; 07-27-2006 at 04:31 PM..
 07-27-2006, 07:40 PM         #138
Squayoh_Weyoun  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rhymespitter84 said:
yo this sh*t is so true you dont even know family

my girl probably gonna get mad at me, but in Connecticut

there's only 6% tax
everything is cheaper

tell me you can get "Cable TV, High Speed DSL, AND, phone service" for $75 a month!!! but you paying more than $50 for the cable package in the city, you paying at least $30-$40 for a decent Cable/DSL connection.

Im not saying everybody in CT is rich, but it is a weathly state, as far as income goes, so why are they paying LESS for stuff than in big cities where the average income is much much smaller???

its fu*ked up man. FREE YOUR MOTHERfu*kING MINDS PEOPLE.
Pft. Everything is definitly not cheaper. We have like the second highest gas prices in the country. And we pay higher taxes on other things like property taxes. Connecticut is an expensive place to live. We're paying less for stuff that other cities pay more for because everything ELSE is so much more expensive.

Or maybe Connecticut just sucks.

Who knows?!
 07-27-2006, 09:03 PM         #139
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nawtyxes said:
ok let me compartmentalize the issue then

Ghetto
1. Older Generation - truly poor living on subsidy, can't change their state
2. Newer Generation - poor but able to do somethng about enviroment and r tryin
3. Newer Generation - dont want to do sh*t, waiting on another handout

Which one of these do you think has the most influence #3. Yes the ghetto is full of broken promises and dreams. we all know that everyone CANT AND WONT BE A MILLIONAIRE OR A 6 FIGGA n*gga (to say it bluntly), however you can set a goal and attempt to obtain it. What is success to you? Once again , listen to the music today. Dont get me wrong I dont' have it all, BUT i am a realist, and was brought up with another sense to know right from wrong. But do you ever hear the sob raps of life in the ghetto and the come up like this

I wanna leave the ghetto so I'll stack some chedda
buy a townhouse so life would be betta

no you hear about leaving the ghetto and now Im sitin on a yacht with 10 thousand stacks in my pockets etc etc.

That sh*t aint even realistic to 95% of the population. We have become disillusioned to what making it and sucess is.

Hmmm remember the part in Boyz in the Hood when the pops should his son how everything in the neighborhood was gun shop, liqiuor store, pawn shop. you cant tell me that after 30 fu*king years n*ggas would stop bi*ching about no one givin them a loan to open up a store that ALL the Koreans own everything etc. When someone does come back to the hood and invest they invest in some bullsh*t club or clothing store. Yes the ghetto is a struggle, but it is what you make it. Not to put people bizness in the street but my boy is from Philly and lived in some straight squalor sh*t. I grew up Country Poor, this n*gga is STREET POOR. he wasnt proud of it or his situation. single mom, older brother and sister in and out of trouble, but he did what was right, stayed on course, got into college be it his athletic prowess coupled with an 1100 SAT and now has traveled the world, got a good job moved to AZ and is helping his OLDER brother and sister move out there where he is at. He is trying to do something. He aint making stacks of paper, but the bit that he has he is trying, and he is starting with HIS FAMILY, and the generations that with following. It takes the mindset of I AM GOING TO MAKE IT. I AM NOT GONNA CHEAT NOBODY RUIN NOBODY OR k!ll NOBODY I WILL MAKE IT WITHTHE HELP OF OTHERS AND WITH MY DETERMINATIOn.

These arguments are pissing me the fu*k off. Simple a.ss mutherfu*kers. Have a reality check, look at yourself in the mirror and ask am I doing enough. Its not the other way around. For me to NOT know that there are gaps in income, some are poor, some are middle class and some are rich is stupid on my part. Not everyone is blessed, some are downtrodden. BUT THERE ARE SYSTEMS IN PLACE TO HELP THEM. the problem is the system as been overused by worthless n*ggas runnign around lookling for a handout and the complainers. The Tron's (dave chappell character) who thinks it all a joke. The fu*k you I gotta get mines n*ggas.
all that sh*t u said was individual. im sayin to fix a whole neigborhood. yes U can make it out if u want but its not just u that needs to git out every1 needs to git out. i dont have it bad at all but i still live in the hood. iot doesnt matter what you say the local government has a duty to keep the streets safe, im tired of stressin that i have friends and know more people who do all they can but still cant make it. i know to many good kids that git k!lled that sought a better life. what you just said could have all been summed up into one sentence. you can do ne thing if u put ur mind to it. but it doesnt matter my point is to fix the ghetto as a WHOLE it requires more than just the people who live in it. yes ne 1 can do and reach they goal until they git shot on the way.
 11 years ago '05        #140
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
^^ did you even read....it takes more than one, however ONE has to start it off.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago