Jul 21 - 'GHETTO TAX' - Why it costs more to be poor...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
65 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-23-2006, 02:21 PM         #101
bdot45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wtf ppl r poor cuz they cant get a job not cuz where they live
 11 years ago '05        #102
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,408 | Props total: 1046 1046
Are yall stupid

The youth of today HAVE OPTIONS..you have free education, you have access to internet, you have education and job programs, grants, loans, you have opportunities. What you choose to do with your time and money is your issue.
 07-23-2006, 03:24 PM         #103
QTPlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bdot45 said:
wtf ppl r poor cuz they cant get a job not cuz where they live

Actually people are not poor because they cannot get a job. Some people w/ jobs are living in poverty. Most people are a product of their environment and their suroundings. If you work a job 40 hours/week and only make $6.50 an hour, you are not making enough money to live on your own, and feed and clothe yourself.
 07-23-2006, 04:17 PM         #104
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QTPlayer said:
Actually people are not poor because they cannot get a job. Some people w/ jobs are living in poverty. Most people are a product of their environment and their suroundings. If you work a job 40 hours/week and only make $6.50 an hour, you are not making enough money to live on your own, and feed and clothe yourself.

and thats why you find a either a higher paying job ... or a job that gives you more hours ... once again you cant blame sh*t on anyone else but urself !
 07-23-2006, 04:18 PM         #105
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nawtyxes said:
CHUUUUUUUUCH

To piggy back off of this...

"Hell our Phone has been off for bout 2 years cuz we cant afford it! I work n pay for cable, and internet n pay half of th rent cuz she cant do it all her self. Befo you jump to mind thinkin oh get your education, u are wrong. How the fu*k can you strive to greatness when sumone has the thumb on you holding you down tellin u NO!?!"

What do you need cable for......hmmm $75 a month

No home phone but i bet you have a cell phone..is it basic service? Or do you have ringtone, internet, text messages, mp3 capabilities, etc. hmmmmm either $45 or almost $100 a month

I do believe you need the internet connection so I won't say sh*t about that right now.......

Who has their "thumb" on you?

"My school doest give 2 shyts bout blacks! MY ex was in all honest class, no baby, finished college, and still in the got damn gheto!"

And your point is..... my school didnt give sh*t about me either, my principal was a known clan's man...and his last words to me upon getting my diploma was "keepin on running son, keep on running"...as he smirked" My parent(s) made less than 25k combined with three kids. I grew up n a trailer...got scorned as a kid..but i used my brains and athlete prowess to get me to where I am. Went to an Ivy League Institution, could my parents afford it HELL fu*k NO, do the Ivy's give athletic scholarships, NOPE, did I pass up free rides to UGA and GaTech, HELL YEA becasue of the opportunity that this school would present me I choice the Ivy. I struggled in college, took out crazy loans so my family could do for themselfs and my younger siblings, I man'd up. I'm 27 now and make 6 figs, own my own home, drive an 06 bimmer, lil brother graduated from college and now lives in NC, and has a good job, and lil sister graduated from college, and is now going to med school. This is all from the southern equivalent of the urban ghetto. Excuses are for the birds.......Read John McWorters Winning the RaceBeyond the Crisis in Black America

So your ex, what did she major in.....something feasible or a bullsh*t "Parks and Recreation degree" or majored in "Party and Bullsh*t"

Question for you, is why after the education did she go back to teh ghetto, did she or you for that matter think of relocating? Complacient? I left high school in georgia to attend college in Providence, and moved to DC for my job. There are no job opportunities where I came from so i moved here, and now I can send cash home to my peeps. The problem with the ghetto is that it creates a generational "security blanket"

So what do you use the internet for.....to talk on boxden.....download music and live the fantasy hustler life....watch pr0n or movies....or do you use it to do work....research....search for a job....research for a job.....hmmmmm you tell me playa....

Don't respond with no emotional bi*ch sh*t either. You give me concrete example on how you are being held down.

sh*t is understood that
a. we will not get reprarations
b. you have to work twice as hard to prove yourself
c. our own people will pull you down before the "man" does

with that understood what is your excuse. I'm waiting.....................
b.

nicely said! :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #106
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
oh yeah radiculust, its interesting that you are posting about your desire to buy the latest phone, and asking about subwoofers, evidently for you car....interesting...but you are so poor and down trodden, dont know where your next meal is coming from ehhhhh (yes im being fecisious)
 07-24-2006, 09:27 AM         #107
J_Mo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think that there are people out there who have it worse than most can imagine and fall into bad situations and make bad choices. There are those who are in those same situations and make totally different choices and end up making something of themselves. Then there are those who think that they have it bad and compare themselves to poverty stricken folk and are just basically bi*chin and complaining that they aint got the sh*t they see celebs having on CRIBS or in the magazines. When all the while there are people out there would love to walk in their shoes. Its all about your mindset, your values, and your beliefs that make or break you. Most people have so much to be thankful but can only focus on what they dont have rather than what they do have.

Last edited by J_Mo; 07-24-2006 at 09:29 AM..
 07-24-2006, 09:41 AM         #108
Naizen King  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In the end theirs always a way out the hood and everyone in this world can do it if you dedicate your life positively...
 11 years ago '04        #109
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9448 9448
As I said before...

Everyone who has a goal and who set their mind to it has succeeded.
 11 years ago '05        #110
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
^^^only to a degree. ,Everyone in the ghetto is not due to inevitble circumstances.
 11 years ago '04        #111
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9448 9448
No but I'm saying everyone who has set a goal and put their mind to it (ie gettin' out tha hood) has done it. It's not easy, but if you really want to do it, you stop talkin' to the same people, you stop spending every needless penny. Throw your social life out the window and just study work sleep and sh*t, eventually that goal will come closer and closer. It's all about how uncomfortable people are willing to make themselves in order to attain their goals.
 11 years ago '05        #112
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
No but I'm saying everyone who has set a goal and put their mind to it (ie gettin' out tha hood) has done it. It's not easy, but if you really want to do it, you stop talkin' to the same people, you stop spending every needless penny. Throw your social life out the window and just study work sleep and sh*t, eventually that goal will come closer and closer. It's all about how uncomfortable people are willing to make themselves in order to attain their goals.
ya get props for that
 11 years ago '05        #113
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
So much ignorance in this thread....
 11 years ago '04        #114
teegray1124 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,379 | Props total: 256 256
again
 07-25-2006, 10:47 PM         #115
VirginiaHustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nawtyxes said:
Thats a fu*king excuse..get a grip on reality. Why you gotta have a TV? Read the fu*king paper..I understand maybe for the older 50+ generation, but kids this day and age have no excuse

go to school
get an education
get a fu*king job
save your fu*king money

however this is what happens
go to school
socialize, play sports, make friends

get a job
so they can buy ring tones, nikes and sh*t

save your fu*king money
yeah save it long enough to buy more depreciative sh*t

stop with the excuses and man the fu*k up!

PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!!!
 07-25-2006, 11:08 PM         #116
Greetings  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GShack42 said:
HE JUST MADE THE BEST POINT!!! ONLY n*ggaS DISAGREEING IS THE ONES FROM THE GHETTO!!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES, THAT sh*t IS CHILDISH!! MAN THE fu*k UP AND DO SUMTHIN ABOUT IT. AND FOR ALL THE SINGLE MOTHERS WHO DON'T HAVE THE BABY DADDY AROUND, WHY YOU HAVIN' UNPROTECTED s3x AND YOU CAN'T SUPPORT THE BABY!! NOT TO MENTION, BLACKS HAVE THE HIGHEST AIDS RATE
Wrong again racist a**hole. I am and I grew up upper middle class. My grandparents were poor though. I was lucky enough to have parents who came out of poverty to make it in life. They provided for me and gave me a good education as a child and teen. I just can't stand to see people so insensitive to the poor when I know I have poor people in my family who are hard working trying to make ends meet. It's not always as easy as it looks. May God make you poor and make you feel it first hand - that's my prayer for you.
 07-26-2006, 04:11 AM         #117
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Greetings said:
Wrong again racist a**hole. I am and I grew up upper middle class. My grandparents were poor though. I was lucky enough to have parents who came out of poverty to make it in life. They provided for me and gave me a good education as a child and teen. I just can't stand to see people so insensitive to the poor when I know I have poor people in my family who are hard working trying to make ends meet. It's not always as easy as it looks. May God make you poor and make you feel it first hand - that's my prayer for you.

another retarded dumb fu*k UNDERSTAND THE fu*kIN POINT THAT IM TRYIN TO MAKE !!!!! NO ONE SAID IT WAS EASY TO MAKE SOMETHIN OF YOURSELF GIVEN CERTAIN SITUATIONS!!! its not ... i understand that .... thats the point Ive tried to make u and anyone who thinks like you UNDERSTAND... yes some have it easier than others... but for the 34th time ... IF YOU ARE 18 years of age or older... there is no excuse for poverty in this country ... and there is no one to blame but urself if you arent doing anything about it ... thats it plain and simple READ IT process it ... understand it ... and for the next 30 flaming leotard ghetto f*g**ts who will probably come in here with that SMH head bull sh*t ... go ahead and read what i just wrote and before u say anything go and get an education... find yourself a job... stop hanging around dumbfu*ks all day with the dumbfu*k mentality where "HOOD REP" is something to boast about and look forward to everyday and actually make an attempt to have a better life
 07-26-2006, 10:06 AM         #118
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
another retarded dumb fu*k UNDERSTAND THE fu*kIN POINT THAT IM TRYIN TO MAKE !!!!! NO ONE SAID IT WAS EASY TO MAKE SOMETHIN OF YOURSELF GIVEN CERTAIN SITUATIONS!!! its not ... i understand that .... thats the point Ive tried to make u and anyone who thinks like you UNDERSTAND... yes some have it easier than others... but for the 34th time ... IF YOU ARE 18 years of age or older... there is no excuse for poverty in this country ... and there is no one to blame but urself if you arent doing anything about it ... thats it plain and simple READ IT process it ... understand it ... and for the next 30 flaming leotard ghetto f*g**ts who will probably come in here with that SMH head bull sh*t ... go ahead and read what i just wrote and before u say anything go and get an education... find yourself a job... stop hanging around dumbfu*ks all day with the dumbfu*k mentality where "HOOD REP" is something to boast about and look forward to everyday and actually make an attempt to have a better life
son u want every1 to see ur point but u dont want to see the other side. thats why u cant explain sh*t to people like you because you'll never have a clue
 07-26-2006, 01:52 PM         #119
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crmlbywonder said:
son u want every1 to see ur point but u dont want to see the other side. thats why u cant explain sh*t to people like you because you'll never have a clue

i can see from the other side and thats why i've said for the 42243th time ... ITS NOT EASY FOR OTHER PEOPLE .... but dumbasses like u cant read a whole post and and see that ive said that
 07-26-2006, 03:51 PM         #120
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
i can see from the other side and thats why i've said for the 42243th time ... ITS NOT EASY FOR OTHER PEOPLE .... but dumbasses like u cant read a whole post and and see that ive said that
u OBVIOUSLY CANT SEE BECAUSE FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE ITS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. i dont wat u think that if every 1 has a chance bullsh*t because everyone doesnt. and the local government should try anyway to fix up the communities. i dont know why u dumb fu*ks are saying the government should'nt have to do sh*t because they do. is the mayor and his council not responsible for what goes on in your city? i dont know where the fu*k you live kid but in newark the council at least trie to renovate sh*t, clean up develop programs for kids to keep them out of trouble. yall think if u work hard your home free. get the fucc outta here wit that bullsh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago