Jul 21 - 'GHETTO TAX' - Why it costs more to be poor...

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #41
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
my girlfriend had to do this paper for college and shes from a very wealthy community and the project was to price different groceries and items for daily life in a store in a community like hers and then go to a lower income area and do the same there. our findings were pretty crazy because the things in the hood store cost more. like diapers and the store brand items that claimed to be cost effective like you know price chopper brand potato chips and stuff like that,while the items in her community would be cheaper. it was both surprising and startling at the same time,you would think it would be the opposite.....way to keep the rich rich huh?!?!?! smh @ the way things work.
 07-21-2006, 04:57 PM         #42
youngking  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
It's your choice to get jumped into a gang. I got jumped into a gang. Wanna know how I got out...I moved. Granted it wasn't a nationwide family, but it was enough. I made the choice to move, stop talking to all my friends, start a new life. It's do-able.

You and your life are nothing more than the result of the choices you make. Trying to make excuses for otherwise is a sad sad way to live your life.

y do people join gangs only to have to move to a whole other country just to get out....ure retarded if u join a gang as a spare of the moment type of thing and it annoys me wen people say i did kuz all my friends did that proves to me ure a dumbass
 07-21-2006, 05:02 PM         #43
Boxden's Legend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
blah blah blah dont wanna read it shut up ... whoever is 18 and poor ... decided to be that way

good sh*t.. i hate ppl blamin poor ness on up bringing .. fu*k that if u broke grind.
 11 years ago '04        #44
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 youngking said:
y do people join gangs only to have to move to a whole other country just to get out....ure retarded if u join a gang as a spare of the moment type of thing and it annoys me wen people say i did kuz all my friends did that proves to me ure a dumbass
fu*king blow me f*g**t. You don't know me. When I was 13 I wasn't who I am today. I didn't know what I know now and my surroundings weren't what they are now. I did it for my own reasons. And I didn't move to another country neither. Obviously you're flappin your gums about sh*t you have no idea about. So before you make yourself look more like an idiot piece of sh*t, do the world and BX a favor and shut the fu*k up.:finger: :finger: :finger:
 11 years ago '04        #45
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,505 | Props total: 747 747
 CubanLinks said:
once again your not understanding my point ... notice how i said 18 because 18 is the year of your legal independence you can do what you want, yes I agree your a product of your environment and if you havent been taught how are you to know to a certain extent, but if you see that your living situation is bad , and you havent attempted to make it better and your putting the blame on others for it, or your affecting other's lifes by robbing and commiting crimes, then wtf?
I feel ya...always good to see/hear another point of view and view it with respect and defend your own view with respect for others views as well...props and props to the kid that said he's from another country and his viewpoints
 07-21-2006, 06:14 PM         #46
kokaine  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah but the thing is ive been involved in fu*ked up sh*t too ..... but i didnt go overboard .... i was affliated with gangs..... i just DIDNT HANG WITH THEM AS MUCH...... didnt blatently SAY IM LEAVING I HAVE COMMON SENSE...... I STARTED DRINKING ...... MODERATELY NOT OVERBOARD........ AND IM STILL A DUDE THAT HAS A AMAZING FUTURE AS AN ENGINEER!

my marks were on the borderline of passing and failing
- but i took the initiative

i stopped CARING ABOUT SUPERFICIAL THINGS..... while there were dumb kids around with cellphones and tremendous bills / new expensive clothing / new video games / dvd players ..... telling me they had a hard life WHEN I DIDNT HAVE MUCH OF THAT sh*t ..... AND THEY WERE THE ONES WHO WERE COMPLAINING....... its all ignorance to cover up from working hard....... oh i live in a gang infested neighbourhood .... ahah that sh*t is so lame, you put your self in a situation to get involved in gang activities/ drug dilemmas etc and you blame others that are living the life you cant because you fu*k up countless number of times WHEN YOUR OLD ENOUGH TO CHANGE IT UP and mature

Last edited by kokaine; 07-21-2006 at 06:17 PM..
 07-21-2006, 06:47 PM         #47
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kokaine said:
^ yeah man but ive been practically living here my whole life...... most people over here are given the education to DO AS THEY PLEASE... and living here for most of my life..... all ive seen is people taking the easy way out and just fooling themselves by fu*king their own lives up ....

-ITS YOUR CHOICE TO LIVE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (depends on age... kids deserve to be treated like kids)
-ITS YOUR CHOICE TO PURSUE A GOOD CAREER
-ITS YOUR CHOICE TO DO DRUGS/ALCHOL
-ITS YOUR CHOICE TO COMMIT CRIME NOT ANYONE ELSES
-GET HELP .....
-fu*k IF EVERYTHING IS TREATING YOU BAD MOVE OUT THAT PLACE/COUNTRY, you can always come back once you establish some stability in your life..... i hate those type of people that act helpless WHEN THERE GIVEN THE OPTION TO BETTER THEIR LIVES

now in other circumstances, one might not be able to .... thats where help is really needed...... BUT NOT SOME SOME THUG THAT SMOKES UP DAILY, talks like a disgrace, over aged man that is fu*king himself over.....

BUT, you're only talking about the fu*ked up half. what about the ones that are trying and they're still struggling??? are you suggesting everyone in the ghetto is drug addict, alcoholic, criminal minded, uneducated, fu*k ups??? i know many woman, who thought they married prince charming, are now a single mother who struggles. the dead beat does not help to support the kids. she is burdened with all the bills and running a family. she does not do drugs or is she an alcoholic, but it's tough for single mother with no support. she does not live in the ghetto because she WANTS to. matter of fact, she despise and feel less of herself because of her situation. you are running your mouth about something you have no idea of because if you did.....
i also am an immigrant. our family came to this country with 5 thousand dollars, and this was before immigrants were "given" everything. we busted our a.ss for 10 years and now we are business owners. i have a very comfortable life with lots of free time with my wife. but not everyone can do what i and maybe you have done. lets not get bigheaded and start judging everyone as if you are superior. you and i may have been lucky because i know of sh*t load of hard working, a.ss busting, responsible and respectable people who are down on their luck. (laid off, downsized, company closed, job was outsourced) and lot of these people have not been able to replace their jobs with something of equal. now they are forced to take jobs below their qualification just to pay bills. stop pointing your finger and if you must do something with your hands, then maybe lend a hand. peace.
 07-21-2006, 06:49 PM         #48
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BigL139 said:
The poor people fo this country bring it down even more.....To want the rich to pay higher taxes for no reason except there rich is the type of thinking that makes some poor f*g**t have nothing.....Anyone on this board who thinks the impoverished of this country pay even close to the same portion of their income to taxes is living in a fu*kin dream world.......Poor people ruin everything and its a damn shame

shame is, it's not the poor people who are ruining the country. it's the selfish ones who are doing just that.
 07-21-2006, 08:05 PM         #49
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
It's your choice to get jumped into a gang. I got jumped into a gang. Wanna know how I got out...I moved. Granted it wasn't a nationwide family, but it was enough. I made the choice to move, stop talking to all my friends, start a new life. It's do-able.

You and your life are nothing more than the result of the choices you make. Trying to make excuses for otherwise is a sad sad way to live your life.

once again u 2 r straight dumbasses NOW EVERY1 ON BOXDENCAN SEE THE RESULTS OF LIVIN IN COLORADO!!!! in colorado its an option to git jumped in. in new jersey its not always and option to get jumped into a gang. sometimes its either get jumped or get k!lled u stupid a.ss. gangs over here are big so unless you are moving to the west which most dont have the money to do u have limited options where to go. and my cuzins followed this n*gga down south that tried to git out of a gang so dat dont always work movin. so now do u have ne other bright ideas? no u dont. u suck:thumbsdow
 11 years ago '05        #50
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,405 | Props total: 1040 1040
Everyone who is "struggling" and is down trodden werent faced with gang life or die. That is an isolated event, which you are using to try and justify your reasoning that people have no options. Options are plenty, yes some people are just unlucky and their fate is to be poor, however, the majority aint. The majority have become complacient and ar always looking for the easy way out. Priorities and values are fu*ked up now
 07-21-2006, 09:10 PM         #51
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkletae said:
BUT, you're only talking about the fu*ked up half. what about the ones that are trying and they're still struggling??? are you suggesting everyone in the ghetto is drug addict, alcoholic, criminal minded, uneducated, fu*k ups??? i know many woman, who thought they married prince charming, are now a single mother who struggles. the dead beat does not help to support the kids. she is burdened with all the bills and running a family. she does not do drugs or is she an alcoholic, but it's tough for single mother with no support. she does not live in the ghetto because she WANTS to. matter of fact, she despise and feel less of herself because of her situation. you are running your mouth about something you have no idea of because if you did.....
i also am an immigrant. our family came to this country with 5 thousand dollars, and this was before immigrants were "given" everything. we busted our a.ss for 10 years and now we are business owners. i have a very comfortable life with lots of free time with my wife. but not everyone can do what i and maybe you have done. lets not get bigheaded and start judging everyone as if you are superior. you and i may have been lucky because i know of sh*t load of hard working, a.ss busting, responsible and respectable people who are down on their luck. (laid off, downsized, company closed, job was outsourced) and lot of these people have not been able to replace their jobs with something of equal. now they are forced to take jobs below their qualification just to pay bills. stop pointing your finger and if you must do something with your hands, then maybe lend a hand. peace.

there u go again re-emphasizing my point ... i didnt say its easy... it is harder for a person in any given circumstance... but when ur a single mother living in america .. and the dumbass dad doesnt accept responsibility thats his fault not yours ... so if you being the non married mother that you are decide to have the baby you know the consequences ... so do everything in your power to atleast get by ... and make sure that baby is taken care of , the amount of things you a single mother qualify for in the US are never endless as far as education is concerned and even jobs... as far as people who have been laid off ... again its difficult being used to a job for god knows what period of time then getting laid its going to be hard to get back on to your feet... and thats why you have to know how to save and spend your money for when these things happen
 07-21-2006, 09:10 PM         #52
mc_breed  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
blah blah blah dont wanna read it shut up ... whoever is 18 and poor ... decided to be that way
why make a stupid comment if u not gonna read it all
 07-21-2006, 09:14 PM         #53
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crmlbywonder said:
once again u 2 r straight dumbasses NOW EVERY1 ON BOXDENCAN SEE THE RESULTS OF LIVIN IN COLORADO!!!! in colorado its an option to git jumped in. in new jersey its not always and option to get jumped into a gang. sometimes its either get jumped or get k!lled u stupid a.ss. gangs over here are big so unless you are moving to the west which most dont have the money to do u have limited options where to go. and my cuzins followed this n*gga down south that tried to git out of a gang so dat dont always work movin. so now do u have ne other bright ideas? no u dont. u suck:thumbsdow

so now ur telling me gangs randomly chose people and say hey join us or we're k!lling you? nehhhh the only logic i would see behind what you said is Some kid that hangs out where this "local gang" hangs out and then lets the kid know ... which goes back to what im saying.. You make stupid decisions look where u end up and u cant blame anyone but yourself... thats it
 07-21-2006, 09:17 PM         #54
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mc_breed said:
why make a stupid comment if u not gonna read it all

just wanted to make a point ...because im tired of people always blaming others for their poverty ... and before u go and make a "stupid comment" like that why dont you read the rest of my posts in this thread... and see how over half the people in here agree with me .... and its all the majority of the dumbasses from "ghetto" who are going against me lol
 07-21-2006, 09:23 PM         #55
HumanCrakk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bullsh*t if u make over 100 grand than half ur fu*kin money gets taxed if u make 30 u only get taxed like 7500

if it wasnt for rich people ther ewouldnt even be projects for poor people to live in

it sounds fu*ked up but its the truth
 11 years ago '04        #56
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
It cost more to be poor cuz when u poor and got a lil bit of money you gotta buy the newest jays and put some 22s on ur ride. Thats the ghetto tax there.
 07-21-2006, 09:37 PM         #57
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
so now ur telling me gangs randomly chose people and say hey join us or we're k!lling you? nehhhh the only logic i would see behind what you said is Some kid that hangs out where this "local gang" hangs out and then lets the kid know ... which goes back to what im saying.. You make stupid decisions look where u end up and u cant blame anyone but yourself... thats it
no n*gga gangs be at schools and gangs have holidays. once again you have shown that you have know idea what goes on in the "hood". ever heard of initiation day? most people dont but yes they go out lookin for young dudes round 15 to 19 sometimes other ages to jump into the gangs. they see you then its a wrap. it might not seem dat simple to you but you rEALLY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT sh*t LIKE THIS THAT HAPPENS to n*ggaz who really have no choice bcuz the cards they were dealt often bcuz where they live and their parents also. some people have no choice.
 07-21-2006, 09:43 PM         #58
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nawtyxes said:
Everyone who is "struggling" and is down trodden werent faced with gang life or die. That is an isolated event, which you are using to try and justify your reasoning that people have no options. Options are plenty, yes some people are just unlucky and their fate is to be poor, however, the majority aint. The majority have become complacient and ar always looking for the easy way out. Priorities and values are fu*ked up now
im not making excuses for sh*t and i aint complainin for sh*t cuz i dont have it bad. im speakin for the people that i know that do have it bad. and your wrong in the ghetto the majority(especially children) are in that situation and i see nothing being done to help. no one is looking for the easy way out because some people have no way out and nothing is done about it
 07-21-2006, 09:47 PM         #59
CubanLinks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crmlbywonder said:
no n*gga gangs be at schools and gangs have holidays. once again you have shown that you have know idea what goes on in the "hood". ever heard of initiation day? most people dont but yes they go out lookin for young dudes round 15 to 19 sometimes other ages to jump into the gangs. they see you then its a wrap. it might not seem dat simple to you but you rEALLY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT sh*t LIKE THIS THAT HAPPENS to n*ggaz who really have no choice bcuz the cards they were dealt often bcuz where they live and their parents also. some people have no choice.

haha your not gonna convince me ... im sure a gang isnt gonna go up to some kid wearing normal sized clothes ... who isnt trying to look "gangsta" and try to initiate him ... its the dumbasses that wear a 5xl shirt that looks like a fu*king dress....and try to act gangsta that this happens to ... given its not easy to avoid thole whole "where you live" situation when ur under 18, but u dont have to wear size 52 fu*king jeans to fit in ... and then when this sh*t happens to u ... once again ... they go and blame it on the area they live in or somewhere else (ie "gangs") SO NO that sh*t wont fly ... i know people that live in the "hood" and they dress normal ... and have logic ... and they've never had a problem like that ... WHY? because they realize that sh*ts stupid and know where they want to get to in life ... and not blame others for their problems
 07-21-2006, 09:57 PM         #60
crmlbywonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CubanLinks said:
haha your not gonna convince me ... im sure a gang isnt gonna go up to some kid wearing normal sized clothes ... who isnt trying to look "gangsta" and try to initiate him ... its the dumbasses that wear a 5xl shirt that looks like a fu*king dress....and try to act gangsta that this happens to ... given its not easy to avoid thole whole "where you live" situation when ur under 18, but u dont have to wear size 52 fu*king jeans to fit in ... and then when this sh*t happens to u ... once again ... they go and blame it on the area they live in or somewhere else (ie "gangs") SO NO that sh*t wont fly ... i know people that live in the "hood" and they dress normal ... and have logic ... and they've never had a problem like that ... WHY? because they realize that sh*ts stupid and know where they want to get to in life ... and not blame others for their problems
it wont convince u cuz u have never witnessed it. n*ggaz have initiated ton of dudes from ages 13 to fukin watever. whether u believe it i dont giv a fu*k. n*gga if u feel u need to see it to believe then bring yo a.ss down to newark and come see for yourself sh*t happens to mad kids in the projects across the city. kids that have normal sized clothes gittin good grades comin home from school gittin jumped. kids bein "related" to gang members gittin jumped in without option. so like i said if u need to see it to believe, do u
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy