Jul 15 - The Sketch That Made Chappelle Say 'Enough'

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-16-2006, 01:12 AM         #101
T. Okes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BTW, a lot of you blow this the fu*k outta proportion. "One white guy laughs at his jokes and Dave quits, what a dork." GTFOH. You can't be serious. Plus, there's got to be a lot more to do with Dave leaving then we will probably ever know...Why would drop everything and leave just 'cause of this particular incident? I guarantee that sh*t happens all the time...it just goes unnoticed. This sh*t just seemed like the "last straw" for him.
 07-16-2006, 01:26 AM         #102
prep H butta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dave chappelle doesn't care about black people
 11 years ago '04        #103
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,215 | Props total: 2114 2114
 T. Okes said:
Goddamn.....why the fu*k does someone ALWAYS have to bring this point up. This sh*t ALWAYS pops up. For anyone that thinks this way, just take a minute and think about it and you wouldn't ask such a question...if you don't understand, you probably never will.

and I co-sign with VerballyAbusive...one of the few sensible posters in this thread.
maybe because its true?? Im not a sensitive mufu*ka but you dont have to be a genius to know that there is a double standard with white and black comedians....when a black comedian starts crackin on white folk its always the same sh*t "white guy voice thing, shootin up jobs, extreme sports, cant dance,way to happy,care free life, closet racist" the first few times it was funny but now its like a must for black comics to do...
 07-16-2006, 02:17 AM         #104
Born Supreme 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga it's YO show! halt production on the gawddamn skit that YOU co-wrote! but to cancel the whole show? at the same time i think what he's tryna say is he thinks he crossed the line from bein laffed with to be laffed at
 11 years ago '04        #105
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 persuazion said:
maybe because its true?? Im not a sensitive mufu*ka but you dont have to be a genius to know that there is a double standard with white and black comedians....when a black comedian starts crackin on white folk its always the same sh*t "white guy voice thing, shootin up jobs, extreme sports, cant dance,way to happy,care free life, closet racist" the first few times it was funny but now its like a must for black comics to do...
Double standards in life >>>>>>>Double standards in jokes
 07-16-2006, 02:57 AM         #106
T. Okes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Yeah it is true...but I think you missed my point. People keep talkin' about the double standard in comedy...in my eyes, (I'm gonna generalize here) it's that way because of the a.ssumed intent/demeanor of black comedians vs. white comedians. I mean of course when it comes to comedy, people poke fun at aspects of their life, sorroundings etc....meaning they'll make fun of their own race most of the time (even subconciously). But when it comes to white comedians making fun of minorities (when you take the way they've been treated in this country), most of the time it just seems like beating a dead dog. Of course certain minorities are gonna be sensitive about it. Not to say that whites wouldn't be sensitive when minority comedians poke fun at 'em, but a lot of the time it's kinda like minorities = underdogs. The whole situation is "laughing with us vs. laughing at us." It's also almost like a 'man hitting a woman vs. a woman hitting a man' situation. Apples & oranges, but still.

But like I said, I don't think you got my point...you seemed to go off on a tangent...again, what you said is true, but since when are racial jokes NOT "always the same sh*t"?? You're talkin' as if black comedians don't talk about the same 'ol sh*t when referring to blacks. I could make a list too, but I don't think I need to.
 11 years ago '05        #107
JMuffyBaby0124 
space
space
space
$83 | Props total: 0 0
wow i see why he walked off
 07-16-2006, 12:37 PM         #108
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wonder who the white guy was.........
 11 years ago '05        #109
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
Dave need to stop getting high....
 07-16-2006, 03:17 PM         #110
JediGohan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was good while it lasted.
 07-16-2006, 03:27 PM         #111
Biggie2207 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hes funny and he should stop bein a pus*y and come back
 11 years ago '06        #112
ICanDoIt 
space
space
space
$2,036 | Props total: 0 0
I think a lot of people are taking it the wrong way. It wasn't so much that the white guy was laughing so hard, it was the fact that he felt socially responsible for reinforcing negative stereotypes of all races. Had a black person laughed particularly too hard at a white joke, he might've had the same reaction, I don't know, I'm not Dave Chappelle. That's just my interpretation of it. I've read other interviews that say, it wasn't just this sketch. There were other things that happened before this, but this pushed it over the edge.
 11 years ago '04        #113
Turtle 2099 
space
space
space
$912 | Props total: 0 0
 memyselfni said:
dave's racist antics on the show is why i never watched his show. his show made blk people seem worse than what the media outs out about us. dave sold out for the money a long time ago. no need for remorse now.

You took the words right out of my mouth, I only watched the 1st season b/c all his sketchs were getting repitive. I think that the sketch was wack over all and, I can see why Black people can get mad at it but then again Dave created The Dixie and knew in advance of the poosible out come.
 11 years ago '04        #114
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,215 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Mvs2527 said:
Dave created a monster he could not control. WHite people loved the black Klan member. Then he creates a racial pixie then its time to walk
Black people loved it too...
 07-16-2006, 10:27 PM         #115
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I did not see a problem with the sketch
 11 years ago '06        #116
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14771 14771
i think that sh*ts ridiculous because Dave made asain, 2 white, and mexican pixies too so wtf did this n*ggas panties get in a bunch over it for? the fu*kin sh*t was hilarious. if Dave gets on with another channell or somethin i hope to god he doesnt get all "politically correct" and just start being simply unfunny
 11 years ago '04        #117
sundance 
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 0 0
 Black::[x] said:
I would feel the same way that Chappelle felt.
Maybe his sketches have mocked the black culture, and open up room for whites to laugh in our face.

you said it all :applause: :applause:
 11 years ago '06        #118
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14771 14771
 Mvs2527 said:
Dave created a monster he could not control. WHite people loved the black Klan member. Then he creates a racial pixie then its time to walk
HE CREATED! :banghead: jesus christ, you're acting like Dave had no part in created these sketches this sh*t is from DAVES MIND!
 11 years ago '04        #119
DJNocturnal 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 0 0
if this is truly the reason he walked off from the show then daves got some issues, who cares if the guy was laughing, he's a comedian and his sh*ts funny, what the scene where 2 blacks dudes are pissing on a white dude? how is that ok?
 11 years ago '04        #120
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
i already have the seasons DVDR with bonus sh*t and everything =]
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy