Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #81
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
i read this a while back and almost forgot but i kind athink this is the real reason why chappelle left it all...

fu*k oprah :finger:
fu*k bill cosby

check this sh*t out

11 years ago '05        #82
eternalstoic 
space
space
$374 | Props total: 0 0
People being ignorant of American history is the first problem.

Dave Chappelle performed that skit in blackface, which you guys should really read about (. To quote:

Blackface is a style of theatrical makeup that originated in the United States, used to affect the countenance of an iconic, racist, American archetype, that of the darky or ****.

The history of blackface is what shaped Jim Crowe stereotypes and archetypes. His performance was stupid, in my opinion. Just one more black person suckin'n'juving while millions more wake up the next day with the weight of paranoidly watching everything we do in hope that we're breaking or not living up to these American stereotype.
 11 years ago '05        #83
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
i miss watching new episodes of chapelle
 07-15-2006, 08:23 PM         #84
cov 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its funny cuz in his standup routines he talks about stereotypes sure but he talks about a lot of things...but in the tv show racial stereotypes are the focus of almost every skit.

I think Chappelle should have just put more thought into the show. Its not like by him pointing out stereotypes that he was really going to get people to think about their actions and make a change. If the subject matter of his show was more diverse than he would have had to make other excuses for leaving or maybe he would have been more focused on this third season.l

Remember In Living Color was another sketch comedy show the pushed the ssame boundaries that Chappelle pushed. Like the Chappelle show In Living Color's lifespan was cut short.

Sketch comedy is hard. Especially when the focus is on one man and very few recurring characters.

Not to mention the added pressure and the probably dozens more people that had a vested interest in the show given Dave's $50 million contract. That sh*t will fu*k anybody up.
 07-15-2006, 08:30 PM         #85
Qvezzy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's how it happens when the pressure gets to you!!!
 07-15-2006, 08:39 PM         #86
prophetz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chappelle is sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #87
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 ItsYaboyJay said:
Everytime I come to this site I see how racists people in the world really are
Word at dave doing black face and letting whites laugh at us and not with us.
 11 years ago '04        #88
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Mrniceguy said:
and if we go beyond that segment, the black stereotype had a 2nd Part, the mtv cribs - ying yang twins...holding a monkey, even the black pixie said "damn i'm even offended" . My point is dave quit because portrayed black people too harshly, and the white guy was loving it for the wrong reasons. If your a comedian you know when someone is LAUGHING WITH YOU OR LAUGHING AT YOU! .

if your a racist white guy "Dave Chappelle" is the best thing to ever come into comedy because it makes it okay for white people to laugh at blacks.

i was in college and you don't know how many white people would run up n down the halls saying "fu*k YO COUCH zzzzzzRRRR" and these white people don't have any black friends. so Dave chappelle just realized he's feeding a beast he's feeding "RACISM"
ok well the ying yang twins sh*t actually happened....dave was just adding on to it...are the ying yang twins wrong for holding a monkey?? And how do you know the white guy was loving it for the wrong reasons?? If the sh*t wasnt supposed to be funny and the dude was laughin then he would be laughin for the wrong reasons...but its a comedy show!!..so "its ok to laugh, but just not too hard"??..was the dude wearin a kkk uniform or some sh*t....if people felt like this this why they not mad at Coming to America with the Soul Glow and the dudes eatin chicken at the fundrasier...why they aint mad when Dave did the crackhead character??? All Dave talks about is race issues....this sh*t aint brand new....."if your a racist white guy "Dave Chappelle" is the best thing to ever come into comedy because it makes it okay for white people to laugh at blacks."...:thumbsdow
 11 years ago '04        #89
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
Yall keep callin Dave a hyprocrite but none of you know if he took into account the stereotypes in general of all people and not just the black race. He coulda finally opened his brain and stepped outside of the mentally slaved comedy central brain of his. Workin at comedy central and knowin u have a 80 mil contract, becomes your life and how you think. I been thinkin some of the same thing Chapelle does now. I mean, I still laughed at his show but at the same time i found some skits offensive. You have to be one of us to understand. There are two perspectives to the skits "specifically the stereotypical jokes to blacks". The skits are funny and we laugh because we can actually relate to it etc... The perspective from the white person not only reinforces the stereotype, keeping in mind that whites are probably 75% of the audience, creates the fallacy that black people in general act that way, or are like that, and since they can't relate to us like we can relate to the joke, its like they are laughing at us!
 11 years ago '04        #90
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
A matter of fact, I even expressed my opinion of a skit i found offensive through the comedy central website. The one bout the n*ggar family.
 11 years ago '04        #91
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
Yall keep callin Dave a hyprocrite but none of you know if he took into account the stereotypes in general of all people and not just the black race. He coulda finally opened his brain and stepped outside of the mentally slaved comedy central brain of his. Workin at comedy central and knowin u have a 80 mil contract, becomes your life and how you think. I been thinkin some of the same thing Chapelle does now. I mean, I still laughed at his show but at the same time i found some skits offensive. You have to be one of us to understand. There are two perspectives to the skits "specifically the stereotypical jokes to blacks". The skits are funny and we laugh because we can actually relate to it etc... The perspective from the white person not only reinforces the stereotype, keeping in mind that whites are probably 75% of the audience, creates the fallacy that black people in general act that way, or are like that, and since they can't relate to us like we can relate to the joke, its like they are laughing at us!
oh ok....I dident know it was a black only show.....I thought watching somebody imitate Prince or Rick James was ok for white folk to watch too....damn, I thought we was all laughin at the same sh*t.....I dident know I was being racist at laughing at Prince playin basketball or Rocafella tampons...
 11 years ago '04        #92
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 kyhoopsgoat said:
Let's all joke on White peopleand get mad when someone laughs at joke on Black people...if this the real story behind Chappelle then he is a bi*ch, but a funny one at that
I wish it were that easy but its not. It's a complicated situation which involes history, you know wha i mean? If u not black then you probably wouldn't.
 11 years ago '04        #93
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 persuazion said:
oh ok....I dident know it was a black only show.....I thought watching somebody imitate Prince or Rick James was ok for white folk to watch too....damn, I thought we was all laughin at the same sh*t.....I dident know I was being racist at laughing at Prince playin basketball or Rocafella tampons...
Those are not the offensive skits
 11 years ago '04        #94
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
Those are not the offensive skits
no but they are a part of the show....you say that all the white people that watch the show are basiclly watching it to laught AT black people in an offensive way....so only some skits are for blacks only?...and mabye hispanics too??
 11 years ago '06        #95
anseltmchs 4 heat pts
space
space
$514 | Props total: 17 17
comedy is about pushing the limits. everything is fair game in comedy. and yes i'm black. i took a course on ethnic comedians and the first controvesial comedian was lenny bruce. look him up and you'll see what i'm talking about.
 11 years ago '04        #96
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 anseltmchs said:
comedy is about pushing the limits. everything is fair game in comedy. and yes i'm black. i took a course on ethnic comedians and the first controvesial comedian was lenny bruce. look him up and you'll see what i'm talking about.
I agree..and most of the people they talked to after that pixie skit were black and found nothing wrong with it.....as one person said " its a comedy show and people should not watch it for education..."

Last edited by persuazion; 07-15-2006 at 10:15 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #97
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
 persuazion said:
ok well the ying yang twins sh*t actually happened....dave was just adding on to it...are the ying yang twins wrong for holding a monkey?? And how do you know the white guy was loving it for the wrong reasons?? If the sh*t wasnt supposed to be funny and the dude was laughin then he would be laughin for the wrong reasons...but its a comedy show!!..so "its ok to laugh, but just not too hard"??..was the dude wearin a kkk uniform or some sh*t....if people felt like this this why they not mad at Coming to America with the Soul Glow and the dudes eatin chicken at the fundrasier...why they aint mad when Dave did the crackhead character??? All Dave talks about is race issues....this sh*t aint brand new....."if your a racist white guy "Dave Chappelle" is the best thing to ever come into comedy because it makes it okay for white people to laugh at blacks."...:thumbsdow
Coming to America was a movie, and the writer wasn't purposely making stereotypes in that movie. Soul Glow the movie was set back in the day, when black people DID WEAR JERRY CURLS. Dudes eating chicken at the fundraiser was just that, dudes eating chicken at the fundraiser. You can't compare a Movie to "Sketch Comedy" you just can't. All i know is if your racist you can still enjoy dave chappelle's skits, because he comes down on "Black People" so HARD. "Chicken, Black Pixie (sambo), Dance'n, Ying Yang Twins, CatFish Joke, Ying Yang making monkey sounds, Big Lips stereotype, i can go on and on " . if your a racist white guy you can actually sit there and ENJOY THE BLACK PORTION OF THE SKIT.

Dave chappelle noticed it, and got mad. but before you jump on this "Hate Dave Chappelle" tangent. Dave said on numerous interviews, he was more mad at hiself , because he felt like he let them get to him, he let them use him. them meaning "Racist White People". He let them use his comedy skits as
re-inforcement of black stereotypes.
 11 years ago '04        #98
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 Mrniceguy said:
Coming to America was a movie, and the writer wasn't purposely making stereotypes in that movie. Soul Glow the movie was set back in the day, when black people DID WEAR JERRY CURLS. Dudes eating chicken at the fundraiser was just that, dudes eating chicken at the fundraiser. You can't compare a Movie to "Sketch Comedy" you just can't. All i know is if your racist you can still enjoy dave chappelle's skits, because he comes down on "Black People" so HARD. "Chicken, Black Pixie (sambo), Dance'n, Ying Yang Twins, CatFish Joke, Ying Yang making monkey sounds, Big Lips stereotype, i can go on and on " . if your a racist white guy you can actually sit there and ENJOY THE BLACK PORTION OF THE SKIT.

Dave chappelle noticed it, and got mad. but before you jump on this "Hate Dave Chappelle" tangent. Dave said on numerous interviews, he was more mad at hiself , because he felt like he let them get to him, he let them use him. them meaning "Racist White People". He let them use his comedy skits as
re-inforcement of black stereotypes.
I dont hate Dave Chappelle....he has the right to make decisions like that...I many not agree with them but its his show. I think he is one of the funniest comedians around....race jokes or not.I thought he was hilarious on Half Baked and Undercover Brother before the Chappelle show. I just hope he realizes that just because he makes a joke about his race doesnt mean that the white audience is rooting him on to make his race look bad and laughing at and not with black people....If he makes a jokes about whites and says cracker or some sh*t...I dont get offended...Its just comedy and entertainment and just cuz a black person would laugh at that kind of joke doesnt make them racist toward whites.....sterotypes have and always will be a big part of comedy in stand ups...movies.....and skit shows...
 07-16-2006, 12:59 AM         #99
DirtyHarry 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nout tp watch them now bi*ch
 07-16-2006, 01:08 AM         #100
T. Okes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 utdpridah said:
a white guy laughs at a joke about a black guy? but when a black guy makes fun of white people(practically every joke these comedians have) its normal, and black people are supposed to laugh at em... sounds like chapelles a bi*ch to me
Goddamn.....why the fu*k does someone ALWAYS have to bring this point up. This sh*t ALWAYS pops up. For anyone that thinks this way, just take a minute and think about it and you wouldn't ask such a question...if you don't understand, you probably never will.

and I co-sign with VerballyAbusive...one of the few sensible posters in this thread.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
87 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
215 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy