Jul 15 - The Sketch That Made Chappelle Say 'Enough'

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-15-2006, 02:55 PM         #61
Crazee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't have the whole story, I can't completely judge.

It just seems to me that he wasn't offended by the guy laughing. He wasn't even offended. He was just starting to question if his show is HELPING or HURTING.

That said, anyone who watches a black comedian religiously probably doesn't hate black people. The other racism seems possible, though.
 11 years ago '04        #62
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,219 | Props total: 495 495
So now, I pose the question to you, when are jokes like this acceptable and when are they not? When the person making them is the same race as the butt of the joke... when it's thought provoking and makes people talk? Or are some things just always unacceptable because of those that take it to heart?

if the sh*t is funny i'm gonna laugh i don't care if its about my race or not.
 11 years ago '04        #63
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 Mrniceguy said:
I think dave chappelle quit because of the "Black Pixie/Black Face" was being laughed at before an joke was actually performed. Just the mere appearance made a "White Guy" laugh. don't take my word for it. I'm just a.ssuming.

the white pixie was re-inforcing good things about white people and at the same time dissing hispanics/blacks you read into it "the white pixie said don't dance with the her (hispanic girl/black) she has all that a.ss giggling everywhere stick to your skinny flat b00ty white girls. the white pixie is the only character that dissed another ethnic group at the same time.

And don't forget it was two parts to the "stereotypes of blacks" he did the Air Plane skit and then he went and did the "mtv cribs-black pixie" with the ying yang twins. ying yang twins holding a monkey, the pixie dancing around.

The white pixie wasn't harsh at all. neither was the spanish. and the asian pixie didn't even make sense.
what the fu*k are you talkin about??? "the white pixie was re-inforcing good things about white people and at the same time dissing hispanics/blacks"?? how are the things he said about whites good things?? And the white pixie was in 2 skits also....how is liking flat a.sses....havin little d*cks...not knowing how to dance....not knowing how to talk to black people...a good thing??? I dont understand your point of view?? So saying ...."stick to your flat b00ty white girls" was dissing black people?? The hispanic pixie was sniffin coke and dancing mariachi...the chines one was bucktoothed and couldnt say an l word...and the black one liked to eat chicken and dance....
 11 years ago '05        #64
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
 persuazion said:
what the fu*k are you talkin about??? "the white pixie was re-inforcing good things about white people and at the same time dissing hispanics/blacks"?? how are the things he said about whites good things?? And the white pixie was in 2 skits also....how is liking flat a.sses....havin little d*cks...not knowing how to dance....not knowing how to talk to black people...a good thing??? I dont understand your point of view?? So saying ...."stick to your flat b00ty white girls" was dissing black people?? The hispanic pixie was sniffin coke and dancing mariachi...the chines one was bucktoothed and couldnt say an l word...and the black one liked to eat chicken and dance....
white pixies is portrayed as intelligent speaking proper, singing duran duran song, dissing hispanic women's typical body types.
 11 years ago '06        #65
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
 Mrniceguy said:
white pixies is portrayed as intelligent speaking proper, singing duran duran song, dissing hispanic women's typical body types.
youre joking right?
 11 years ago '04        #66
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 Mrniceguy said:
theres a difference in speakin proper and speaking like you got a stick up ya a.ss like the black comedians "stereotypical" white voice sounds....which is how Chappelle does it..I have yet to hear a white person talk like that just like I have yet to hear a black person talk like the black pixie....and I thought he was dissing white women's body types not hispanics with a line like " stick to your flat b00ty'd white women"......knowin Im white and I LOVE big b00tys...thats just how I took it....I guess everybody sees it a different way..
 11 years ago '05        #67
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
 persuazion said:
theres a difference in speakin proper and speaking like you got a stick up ya a.ss like the black comedians "stereotypical" white voice sounds....which is how Chappelle does it..I have yet to hear a white person talk like that just like I have yet to hear a black person talk like the black pixie....and I thought he was dissing white women's body types not hispanics with a line like " stick to your flat b00ty'd white women"......knowin Im white and I LOVE big b00tys...thats just how I took it....I guess everybody sees it a different way..
and if we go beyond that segment, the black stereotype had a 2nd Part, the mtv cribs - ying yang twins...holding a monkey, even the black pixie said "damn i'm even offended" . My point is dave quit because portrayed black people too harshly, and the white guy was loving it for the wrong reasons. If your a comedian you know when someone is LAUGHING WITH YOU OR LAUGHING AT YOU! .

if your a racist white guy "Dave Chappelle" is the best thing to ever come into comedy because it makes it okay for white people to laugh at blacks.

i was in college and you don't know how many white people would run up n down the halls saying "fu*k YO COUCH zzzzzzRRRR" and these white people don't have any black friends. so Dave chappelle just realized he's feeding a beast he's feeding "RACISM"
 07-15-2006, 04:08 PM         #68
Jaydog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i strongly beleive comedy is the best way to bring all races together, aint no race that doesnt like to laugh. comdedians have used racism since the begining and things that are meant to be a joke should not be taken to heart.
 11 years ago '04        #69
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
Some of y'all are truly missing the point of this sh*t. Dave made fun of everybody but he made fun of blacks much more than anyone else, and who could blame him? do what you know best it's no different from the Blue Collar guys talking about how big of a redneck they are.

What seems to have thrown him off was the realization that his comedy wasnt being taken equally. Look back at a lot of his skits and you'll see some underlying social point, that white guy laughing must have made him feel as if people werent getting the point (and I dont think many were in the first place).

LOL @ y'all sour bastards making it seem like he couldnt take his own medicine when 80% of his comedy was directed towards his own people.
 07-15-2006, 04:29 PM         #70
Jaydog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can almost guarentee that white guy didnt even understand the joke, he probably just saw other people laughing.

[fat white comedy central exec see's everyone else in the room laugh during the skit so he bursts out with an awkwardly timed obnoxious laugh]
 07-15-2006, 04:29 PM         #71
rwalk43 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I felt the same way chapelle felt, but after the first time I ever seen his show.
 07-15-2006, 05:09 PM         #72
**CHIKO** 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JOEKILLA said:
This wasnt the REAL REASON just some sh*t his peoples made up, the fact is HE BURNED OUT he had nothing else to give and realized this so he said fu*k this i am out.
You know.... I was thinking the same sh*t
 07-15-2006, 05:38 PM         #73
thego2man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think so

ONE
 11 years ago '06        #74
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
DAVE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on tha reals tho is dave gonna come back and do more??????? the reason im kinda confused is cuz a while back he did oprah and at the end i could of sworen he said he went back and took the $$$ but i guess i have to watch it again its on my DVR...
 07-15-2006, 05:51 PM         #75
Shadedvisionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
White people got it easy on that sketch.......

"....Hit errr with the twist."

"....You still run the world."
 07-15-2006, 05:53 PM         #76
ItsYaboyJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everytime I come to this site I see how racists people in the world really are
 11 years ago '04        #77
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
dave's racist antics on the show is why i never watched his show. his show made blk people seem worse than what the media outs out about us. dave sold out for the money a long time ago. no need for remorse now.
 11 years ago '06        #78
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
prop me 4 this ;)

click on Why Dave Why

Last edited by bizflawless; 07-15-2006 at 06:01 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #79
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
chappelle is a damn baby.
 11 years ago '04        #80
j55792 
space
space
$822 | Props total: 105 105
props
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy