Jul 15 - The Sketch That Made Chappelle Say 'Enough'

most viewed right now
+23  138
17 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
37 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

12 years ago '05        #51
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,513 | Props total: 403 403
from all the negative black stereotypes, don't u think that the fried chicken thing is just a cultural joke like, white people cant dance, or chinese eat rice sh*t, every race eats fried chicken, rice and every race has people who can't dance. and were still just a product of our evironnment, put a black kid in a white community and hell grow up with the same habits as anyone in the community, put a white kid in a black community and hell talk, walk and sh*t the same way everyone does. I saw nothing offensive in any of these. but the 'Ill trow in the jesus air freshener for free' thing had me crackin up.

12 years ago '04        #52
refuze 374 heat pts374
space
space
$19,843 | Props total: 24966 24966
We all just need to laugh at ourselves sometimes. Some people take this sh*t too seriously. Its comedy.

07-15-2006, 01:50 PM         #53
DUMAR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Kurrpt , this was a revealing thread PROPS!!

Now i really feel sympathy for dave and respect him , i never understood why he left, he was rather vague, but after reading that shyt, I UNDERSTAND...VERY WELL...shyt like that would make u feel uncomfortable.

12 years ago '05        #54
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,623 | Props total: 1 1
Here's my feedback. I thought that sketch was hilarious, but he wasn't really dissin' white people. He said they like bi*ches wit no a.ss, and can't dance, but it wasn't really taking a shot at their culture, i.e, language, religious beliefs, accent, food. I see how he saw that, cuz it looks like he did that one for the white team. Don't get me wrong, the sketch was hilarious, but the white part wasn't even funny.

Ignorant people are the ones who are going to add to that instead of laugh at it, we all have our own sh*t that we ourselves can make fun of, and maybe not get so upset when someone else makes fun of, but it is in a way, reinforcing stereotypes, and prejudices.

The only people who should see that, are the ones that can take a joke and leave it at that, not ride with it and use it on someone.

07-15-2006, 02:04 PM         #55
DJLow2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k Dave Chappelle

12 years ago '05        #56
katalist 238 heat pts238
space
space
$37,408 | Props total: 1987 1987
made me laugh
People need to stop being so sensitive

Last edited by katalist; 07-15-2006 at 02:16 PM..

07-15-2006, 02:26 PM         #57
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kinda sad that Dave is just now realizing this sh*t. Chappelle show was funny no doubt, but every time I watch it, I think about how this empowers those supremacists of any race. That's why I feel torn when I watch that show or the Boondocks.

12 years ago '05        #58
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 77 77
Just watched the "Pixie" skit. That sh*t is some classic sh*t. The third episode ain't funny at all tho, but if he had made a full season i think it would have been big.

12 years ago '05        #59
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,596 | Props total: 720 720
a white guy laughs at a joke about a black guy? but when a black guy makes fun of white people(practically every joke these comedians have) its normal, and black people are supposed to laugh at em... sounds like chapelles a bi*ch to me

07-15-2006, 02:54 PM         #60
kyhoopsgoat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's all joke on White peopleand get mad when someone laughs at joke on Black people...if this the real story behind Chappelle then he is a bi*ch, but a funny one at that

07-15-2006, 02:55 PM         #61
Crazee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't have the whole story, I can't completely judge.

It just seems to me that he wasn't offended by the guy laughing. He wasn't even offended. He was just starting to question if his show is HELPING or HURTING.

That said, anyone who watches a black comedian religiously probably doesn't hate black people. The other racism seems possible, though.

12 years ago '04        #62
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,239 | Props total: 530 530
So now, I pose the question to you, when are jokes like this acceptable and when are they not? When the person making them is the same race as the butt of the joke... when it's thought provoking and makes people talk? Or are some things just always unacceptable because of those that take it to heart?

if the sh*t is funny i'm gonna laugh i don't care if its about my race or not.

12 years ago '04        #63
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,638 | Props total: 3241 3241
 Mrniceguy said
I think dave chappelle quit because of the "Black Pixie/Black Face" was being laughed at before an joke was actually performed. Just the mere appearance made a "White Guy" laugh. don't take my word for it. I'm just a.ssuming.

the white pixie was re-inforcing good things about white people and at the same time dissing hispanics/blacks you read into it "the white pixie said don't dance with the her (hispanic girl/black) she has all that a.ss giggling everywhere stick to your skinny flat b00ty white girls. the white pixie is the only character that dissed another ethnic group at the same time.

And don't forget it was two parts to the "stereotypes of blacks" he did the Air Plane skit and then he went and did the "mtv cribs-black pixie" with the ying yang twins. ying yang twins holding a monkey, the pixie dancing around.

The white pixie wasn't harsh at all. neither was the spanish. and the asian pixie didn't even make sense.
what the fu*k are you talkin about??? "the white pixie was re-inforcing good things about white people and at the same time dissing hispanics/blacks"?? how are the things he said about whites good things?? And the white pixie was in 2 skits also....how is liking flat a.sses....havin little d*cks...not knowing how to dance....not knowing how to talk to black people...a good thing??? I dont understand your point of view?? So saying ...."stick to your flat b00ty white girls" was dissing black people?? The hispanic pixie was sniffin coke and dancing mariachi...the chines one was bucktoothed and couldnt say an l word...and the black one liked to eat chicken and dance....

12 years ago '05        #64
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,855 | Props total: 28 28
 persuazion said
what the fu*k are you talkin about??? "the white pixie was re-inforcing good things about white people and at the same time dissing hispanics/blacks"?? how are the things he said about whites good things?? And the white pixie was in 2 skits also....how is liking flat a.sses....havin little d*cks...not knowing how to dance....not knowing how to talk to black people...a good thing??? I dont understand your point of view?? So saying ...."stick to your flat b00ty white girls" was dissing black people?? The hispanic pixie was sniffin coke and dancing mariachi...the chines one was bucktoothed and couldnt say an l word...and the black one liked to eat chicken and dance....
white pixies is portrayed as intelligent speaking proper, singing duran duran song, dissing hispanic women's typical body types.

12 years ago '06        #65
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
 Mrniceguy said
white pixies is portrayed as intelligent speaking proper, singing duran duran song, dissing hispanic women's typical body types.
youre joking right?

12 years ago '04        #66
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,638 | Props total: 3241 3241
 Mrniceguy said
theres a difference in speakin proper and speaking like you got a stick up ya a.ss like the black comedians "stereotypical" white voice sounds....which is how Chappelle does it..I have yet to hear a white person talk like that just like I have yet to hear a black person talk like the black pixie....and I thought he was dissing white women's body types not hispanics with a line like " stick to your flat b00ty'd white women"......knowin Im white and I LOVE big b00tys...thats just how I took it....I guess everybody sees it a different way..

12 years ago '05        #67
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,855 | Props total: 28 28
 persuazion said
theres a difference in speakin proper and speaking like you got a stick up ya a.ss like the black comedians "stereotypical" white voice sounds....which is how Chappelle does it..I have yet to hear a white person talk like that just like I have yet to hear a black person talk like the black pixie....and I thought he was dissing white women's body types not hispanics with a line like " stick to your flat b00ty'd white women"......knowin Im white and I LOVE big b00tys...thats just how I took it....I guess everybody sees it a different way..
and if we go beyond that segment, the black stereotype had a 2nd Part, the mtv cribs - ying yang twins...holding a monkey, even the black pixie said "damn i'm even offended" . My point is dave quit because portrayed black people too harshly, and the white guy was loving it for the wrong reasons. If your a comedian you know when someone is LAUGHING WITH YOU OR LAUGHING AT YOU! .

if your a racist white guy "Dave Chappelle" is the best thing to ever come into comedy because it makes it okay for white people to laugh at blacks.

i was in college and you don't know how many white people would run up n down the halls saying "fu*k YO COUCH zzzzzzRRRR" and these white people don't have any black friends. so Dave chappelle just realized he's feeding a beast he's feeding "RACISM"

07-15-2006, 04:08 PM         #68
Jaydog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i strongly beleive comedy is the best way to bring all races together, aint no race that doesnt like to laugh. comdedians have used racism since the begining and things that are meant to be a joke should not be taken to heart.

12 years ago '04        #69
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
Some of y'all are truly missing the point of this sh*t. Dave made fun of everybody but he made fun of blacks much more than anyone else, and who could blame him? do what you know best it's no different from the Blue Collar guys talking about how big of a redneck they are.

What seems to have thrown him off was the realization that his comedy wasnt being taken equally. Look back at a lot of his skits and you'll see some underlying social point, that white guy laughing must have made him feel as if people werent getting the point (and I dont think many were in the first place).

LOL @ y'all sour bastards making it seem like he couldnt take his own medicine when 80% of his comedy was directed towards his own people.

07-15-2006, 04:29 PM         #70
Jaydog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can almost guarentee that white guy didnt even understand the joke, he probably just saw other people laughing.

[fat white comedy central exec see's everyone else in the room laugh during the skit so he bursts out with an awkwardly timed obnoxious laugh]

07-15-2006, 04:29 PM         #71
rwalk43 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I felt the same way chapelle felt, but after the first time I ever seen his show.

07-15-2006, 05:09 PM         #72
**CHIKO** 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JOEKILLA said
This wasnt the REAL REASON just some sh*t his peoples made up, the fact is HE BURNED OUT he had nothing else to give and realized this so he said fu*k this i am out.
You know.... I was thinking the same sh*t

07-15-2006, 05:38 PM         #73
thego2man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think so

ONE

12 years ago '06        #74
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,165 | Props total: 94 94
DAVE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on tha reals tho is dave gonna come back and do more??????? the reason im kinda confused is cuz a while back he did oprah and at the end i could of sworen he said he went back and took the $$$ but i guess i have to watch it again its on my DVR...

07-15-2006, 05:51 PM         #75
Shadedvisionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
White people got it easy on that sketch.......

"....Hit errr with the twist."

"....You still run the world."

Home      

most viewed right now
+69online now  48
Video inside This is the reason JayZ dropped his surprise album on Nas' release week..
109 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  46
Video inside Chris Hansen still catching dudes
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  28
So Young Thug a mason mason
202 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+55online now  21
Image(s) inside Winnie Harlow breaks the internet
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-20online now  16
Dec 15 - 10 year old boy in drag danced for money at a NY gay bar. MSM Silent!..
135 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+16online now  14
Image(s) inside AY Y wud I post ya sister ?! (when I could just post her fam & friends..
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside Mal SubDisses Joe Budden On New Ep Of Podcast 4 Wifing & Impregnating C..
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Dec 15 - "saddam hussein" was allegedly found in a spider hole bunker 15 years..
161 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy