Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
23860 pageviews
140 comments

KuruptJ 
space
space
$767 | Props total: 37 37
Jul 15 - The Sketch That Made Chappelle Say 'Enough'

In May 2005, Time Magazine was the first to report that Dave Chappelle left his show in part due to one controversial sketch. In July 2006, friend and co-writer Neal Brennan also told Maxim magazine that Chappelle walked out after a crew member laughed condescendingly at this sketch. The sketch that made Chappelle say 'enough' will be aired Sunday night on the premiere of the second episode of Chappelle's Show: The Lost Episodes.

[CODE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaqPk-Ude-A&search=Episode%
202%20part%202%20of%203Chappelle%20Show%20Lost%20E pisodes[/CODE]

This video joins the sketch shortly after it has started (the end of this video has the beginning). Dave has just been asked by a stewardess on a flight if he would like to have the chicken or fish for dinner. Suddenly the 'black pixie' appears in front of Dave, tempting and chiding him to play into the stereotype of ordering the fried chicken. The pixie is a singing, dancing Chappelle painted in black face and wearing a vaudeville-esque suit.

The black pixie again shows up alongside the Ying yang Twins on MTV Cribs, saying "I never thought I'd say this, but even I'm embarrassed."

The show continues with a cocaine snorting 'Hispanic pixie' that tempts a Hispanic guy into buying leopard skin seat covers for his car, an 'Asian pixie' that plays on a man's inability to pronounce the name Lala, and a 'white pixie' that advises his counterpart on how to talk to his black friends.

The Time magazine article sheds light on Chappelle's own thoughts on the matter: The third season hit a big speed bump in November 2004. He was taping a sketch about magic pixies that embody stereotypes about the races. The black pixie--played by Chappelle--wears blackface and tries to convince blacks to act in stereotypical ways. Chappelle thought the sketch was funny, the kind of thing his friends would laugh at. But at the taping, one spectator, a white man, laughed particularly loud and long. His laughter struck Chappelle as wrong, and he wondered if the new season of his show had gone from sending up stereotypes to merely reinforcing them. "When he laughed, it made me uncomfortable," says Chappelle. "As a matter of fact, that was the last thing I shot before I told myself I gotta take f_____— time out after this. Because my head almost exploded."

After a commercial break, the interim hosts of Chappelle's Show explain Dave's thoughts on the sketch, and as a result, their reluctance to air it, so they ask the audience for their thoughts. Responses were both positive and negative, with one young woman saying she felt the sketch was derogatory and played off the bad stereotypes of blacks and Hispanics, but played on the 'good' stereotypes of white people.

So now, I pose the question to you, when are jokes like this acceptable and when are they not? When the person making them is the same race as the butt of the joke... when it's thought provoking and makes people talk? Or are some things just always unacceptable because of those that take it to heart?

Source: Newsvine.com

140 comments for "Jul 15 - The Sketch That Made Chappelle Say 'Enough'"

11 years ago '04        #2
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
verrrrrrrrrry interesting thanks for the read :) especially since the episodes already leaked so im sure half america already knows what hes talkin about
 11 years ago '06        #3
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
yea i saw it, was ok, i guess i can see where he might of got feed up with it
 07-15-2006, 02:31 AM         #4
Black::[x] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would feel the same way that Chappelle felt.
Maybe his sketches have mocked the black culture, and open up room for whites to laugh in our face.
 07-15-2006, 02:47 AM         #5
Kali_Kingz90 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What a bi*ch

He can laugh at the other stereo types for years, but a white guy can't laugh at his races during one sketch? What an idiot...
 11 years ago '04        #6
DTP 
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 0 0
This doesn't have much to do with anything, but I really don't like Brennan. He sounds like an a**hole from all the interviews I've seen him in.

Comedy Central got pissy because their cash cow left and now they're stuck with Carlos Mencia. Damn, he's the lamest fu*ker on TV right now. CC only fu*ked themselves further because showing that episode last Sunday pissed Chappelle off even more. I doubt if he'll ever come back. Well, at least not on their network.
 11 years ago '04        #7
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
I dont know bout this sh*t.....it was Daves idea for the sketch...nobody made him do it...and because a white dude was laughin so hard he quit the show??I saw the sketch and the audiences reactions to it....most were like" fu*k it....its a comedy show...we can all laugh at this sh*t.." but then a couple were like " the white pixie wasnt as bad as the black pixie"....to me the black pixie was the less harshest of all of them....all he did was love to eat chicken and dance...the white pixie was sterotyping all whites as "not knowin how to act around blacks,non dancing,flat b00ty loving,little d*ck having...dorks"...how are those "good" sterotypes of white people?..and I laughed at that sh*t too....so what? Its the sterotyping sh*t that makes it funny...he dresses up in white face all the time and doesnt give a sh*t about how hard black people laugh....just like White Girls..if white dudes woulda done a movie called Black Girls where they put on black makeup and acted like the sterotypical black girl....it would have been wrong.My point is the sh*t is just comedy and I cant believe Dave Chappelle would quit over sumthin like this....now if Comedy Centeral was demanding that he do these kind of skits then I would understand him quitting...
 07-15-2006, 03:11 AM         #8
Kali_Kingz90 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
I dont know bout this sh*t.....it was Daves idea for the sketch...nobody made him do it...and because a white dude was laughin so hard he quit the show??I saw the sketch and the audiences reactions to it....most were like" fu*k it....its a comedy show...we can all laugh at this sh*t.." but then a couple were like " the white pixie wasnt as bad as the black pixie"....to me the black pixie was the less harshest of all of them....all he did was love to eat chicken and dance...the white pixie was sterotyping all whites as "not knowin how to act around blacks,non dancing,flat b00ty loving,little d*ck having...dorks"...how are those "good" sterotypes of white people?..and I laughed at that sh*t too....so what? Its the sterotyping sh*t that makes it funny...he dresses up in white face all the time and doesnt give a sh*t about how hard black people laugh....just like White Girls..if white dudes woulda done a movie called Black Girls where they put on black makeup and acted like the sterotypical black girl....it would have been wrong.My point is the sh*t is just comedy and I cant believe Dave Chappelle would quit over sumthin like this....now if Comedy Centeral was demanding that he do these kind of skits then I would understand him quitting...
It's called the double standard of racism..

Like how a a minority can call a white person "Honkie" or "Kracka" and not be called racist, but if a white person called them a racist term back the white person would be considered racist.
 07-15-2006, 04:32 AM         #9
ItsYaboyJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All I know is that was funny!
 11 years ago '05        #10
Krazi oNe 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,381 | Props total: 1 1
that double standard post on racism ^^ is true..
 11 years ago '04        #11
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,941 | Props total: 238 238
 Kali_Kingz90 said:

Like how a a minority can call a white person "Honkie" or "Kracka" and not be called racist, but if a white person called them a racist term back the white person would be considered racist.

Its fu*ked up but thats the way it is for alotta sh*t in life.I find myself doin the same thing sometime.I say n*gga all the time cept in front of white people Witht he sketch and recent post bout dude tryin not 2 scare white people I relate cuz it u wanna be urself and be proud of ur hertigae without reinforcin stereotypes But then u feel u fake for doin that.One situation I worked with the white broad who was koo but got offended when see said n*gga.At the same time n*gga was supposed take away from zzzzzz but since white people n other minorites usin casually it reinforces other negatives.Kinda off topic but I watchin the mtv "why cant I bee u".There was this miss america girl and anger girl.The anger girl came off has typical crazy ghetto slash ur tire chick and other girl came off a.ss goody 2 shoes... rumblin imm a post in knowledge corner...continued here

Last edited by pimppoet; 07-15-2006 at 05:44 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #12
quamir14 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 0 0
good sh*t
 11 years ago '05        #13
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
 Kali_Kingz90 said:

too true..its b/c ppl are dragging what was along w/ what is going on today...slave days are over....leave it alone. Why Dave gettin so mad..he wanted ppl to laugh right?
 11 years ago '04        #14
paperizgood 
space
space
$523 | Props total: 5 5
There is way more to the guy quitting then just that one skit. I dunno, but he's made other similar jokes on previous episodes and im guessing he was cool then. Chappelle show was great while it lasted.....
 07-15-2006, 07:05 AM         #15
Fucker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If this was 2 years ago and somebody told me that Dave Chappelle would quit his show due to white people laughing at a joke he made about blacks too much, I woulda thought the mothafu*ker who told me that was crazy. It's not just whites who laugh at blacks its everybody laughin at everybody. Dave had a good thing goin on and it was healthy for everybody to watch his show and not take race seriously. I never woulda thought Dave would be the one to get his panties in a bunch over nothin pretty much and be his own worst critic.

Last edited by Fucker; 07-15-2006 at 07:07 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #16
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,941 | Props total: 238 238
What they had so far for the 3rd season was so so,aight.Its more than the skits tho.Its the pressure.Its more easier to have bad night at stand up for club,etc than a with whole season for the whole world 2 see.

Last edited by pimppoet; 07-15-2006 at 07:15 AM..
 07-15-2006, 07:13 AM         #17
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chappelle has white writers on the show too tho doesn't he.
 11 years ago '04        #18
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
Chappelle was wrong.

It's comedy...comedy is built on stereotypes and rough times...Chappelle fell into the trap of racist Blacks like the 5%
 11 years ago '06        #19
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,377 | Props total: 4657 4657
 micchecka said:
dave chappelle is definately a hypocrite. i dont think hes very bright.

he makes fun of other races all day but when somebody laughs at his jokes he gets angry. he only wants white people to laugh at jokes about white people. but he wants blacks to be able to laugh at everybody and everything. he wants to control what white people say, do, and think. he is a raging anti-white.

and then this fool has the nerve to fly to south africa (created by whites, now controlled by blacks) and act like hes getting in touch with his roots. tell him to try sub saharan africa for that. you know, far from civlization......
i was kinda feelin u except when you got to the Africa part. I mean, how you gonna say sub saharan africa is far from civilization? Don't let yourself be tricked into that. Everything the 'white man' touches doesnt turn to gold. The truth is there man, you gotta look for it.
 11 years ago '04        #20
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 Black::[x] said:
I would feel the same way that Chappelle felt.
Maybe his sketches have mocked the black culture, and open up room for whites to laugh in our face.
co signs...but it was still funny
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc