Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-14-2006, 11:16 AM         #1
7864 pageviews
55 comments

kyhoopsgoat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mac of No Limit (circa 1999)

If anybody remembers Mac of No Limit, he has been in jail since his release of his 2nd album WWIII (circa 1999), does anyone have any information when he might be gettin ' out or a parole date anything along those lines...

If you heard Mac, you already know dude can spit fire...his 2 CD's were easily the best 2 CD's No Limit ever put out...

FREE MAC!!!

55 comments for "Mac of No Limit (circa 1999)"

11 years ago '04        #2
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
Master P: Ghetto D
Silkk The Shocker: Charge It To The Game

were the best no limit cds ever put out, Mac only had 5 or 6 songs on each album, that were worthy. Ghetto D was a damn near classic, thats when P was on top, now he's worse than Lil' Romeo..
KING SOULJA slapped this ish

07-14-2006, 11:22 AM         #3
kyhoopsgoat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mac or also known as Mac Da' a.ssassin was born McKinley J Phipps Jr., July 1977. He was a rapper from New Orleans' third ward district, and would grow to be the most critically acclaimed on Master P's No Limit Records, both as a solo rapper and as a member of the 504 Boyz rap group. He released his first album under the name Lil' Mac in 1989 at the age of 12, the "Lyrical Midget," receiving production from the then unknown producer Mannie Fresh. Mac would later join the Psychoward, a New Orleans group consisting (at the time) of more than 25 MCs. Psychoward is known (especially in the city) for having a sound that separates itself from the usual Bounce music and gangster/hustler lyrics that typifies most of the New Orleans rap scene, rather focusing on lyricism and a sound which could be described as a New Orleans Wu-Tang Clan. This made them favorites of local "hip hop heads" who often prefer this style to other local acts. In 1997 the group released their debut which is considered a classic by many. The standout on this disc was Mac.

During this time, Mac made numerous appearances on local artists' albums - notably two verses on B.G.'s classic Chopper City- and he caught the attention of Master P, CEO of No Limit Records. Mac's first No Limit appearance was on Kane & Abel's debut, The 7 Sins. Mac's own debut on No Limit came with Shell Shocked, an album considered by many to be one of No Limit's best. Mac gained a reputation as one of the south's best lyricists. His lyrics display the somber realism and maturity that is a mainstay in much of Southern Rap as well as the lyrical dexterity of his East Coast counterparts. This album also followed the typical No Limit album formula: the deep, introspective tracks mixed in with up-tempo tracks, and a heavy presence of guest features from No Limit labelmates.

Mac's next album, World War III, came on the "downslope" of No Limit's fame. It came after Beats By the Pound, No Limit's in-house production team who are often credited with making No Limit the empire it was, left the label over purported money disputes, along with much of No Limit's roster. This may have been a blessing in disguise though, as Mac's lyrical skill was allowed to shine through on production more suited to his style. This album is also more introspective than his previous effort.
 07-14-2006, 11:27 AM         #4
tmich19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sorry 2 tell you this dog... but MAC got life.....
 07-14-2006, 11:32 AM         #5
kyhoopsgoat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tmich19 said:
Sorry 2 tell you this dog... but MAC got life.....
I remember during the trial he got it downgraded to 2nd degree instead of 1st degree...still got life? Anyone confirm this with anything factual?
 11 years ago '04        #6
Artifacts 
space
space
$3,734 | Props total: 1 1
Mac dropped the best cd's No Limit ever had and was arguably one of the best lyrcists in the South.. Period.. Mac did an interview recently and they had new witness.. but as of now he got 40 years

11 years ago '05        #7
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,180 | Props total: 11743 11743
In that source issue wit the rappers on the cover sed he got 30 years.

ShellShocked was a classic i dont give a fu*k what nobody say

Last edited by THEINFAMOUS; 07-14-2006 at 11:54 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #8
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
In that source issue wit the rappers on the cover sed he got 30 years.

ShellShocked was a classic i dont give a fu*k what nobody say
yeah classic doodoo, if that dude did commit a murder, im glad hes locked up for life.... he was average... if that..

07-14-2006, 12:22 PM         #9
jay_cole  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man, if Mac was out now he would be one of the best artists in the game now. Especially how the South is running the game right now. That song on WWIII where he freestyled to the guitar beat was a beast. I hope he can get a break like C did. Shout out to the whole N.O. keep ya'll heads up rounds.
 11 years ago '05        #10
Springa 
space
space
$496 | Props total: 0 0
ww3>>>any no limit cd

07-14-2006, 12:45 PM         #11
Ben Codean  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Never liked Macs flow fareal but he was more lyrical than most of the rappers on No Limit. Personally I liked C murder's "Life or death", Silkk The Shockers "Charge to the Game" and Fiend's "Theres One in every Family" better than any of Macs cd's.
 11 years ago '04        #12
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
 jay_cole said:
Man, if Mac was out now he would be one of the best artists in the game now. Especially how the South is running the game right now. That song on WWIII where he freestyled to the guitar beat was a beast. I hope he can get a break like C did. Shout out to the whole N.O. keep ya'll heads up rounds.

Get a break, Mac's a murderder he better stay locked up, before he merks u or someone else next...

11 years ago '04        #13
kdawg504 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 0 0
man mac the sh*t he the best in the south the sh*t he was rapping bout was real and the sh*t he was saying is still going on today and anybody that say they wasn't feeling him aint real
 11 years ago '04        #14
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
90 percent of the south is wack!

11 years ago '06        #15
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,468 | Props total: 14728 14728
Mac was tight as fu*k but neither of his album were classics IMO nor were they No Limit's best that would be Ghetto Dope (Master P.), No Limit Top Dogg (Snoop Dogg), and Mama Drama (Mia X). but yeah i hope duke get out cause he can spit
 11 years ago '06        #16
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,468 | Props total: 14728 14728
 JordanMPM said:
90 percent of the south is wack!
then y is ur bi*ch a.ss in a thread about a southern artist? fu*kin f*g**t
 11 years ago '04        #17
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,318 | Props total: 5738 5738
still tryin 2 get a appeal but i did have a song he did while he was n jail called "christmas wish" i think he's working on an album from jail
 11 years ago '06        #18
Dtowns_Answer 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,449 | Props total: 54 54
mac was the only... and i mean only reason i fu*ked with no limit
 11 years ago '06        #19
Dtowns_Answer 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,449 | Props total: 54 54
and back in the day when i bought cd's i bought No Limit sh*t for that n*ggaz features...
 11 years ago '04        #20
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
 Birdman's Back said:
then y is ur bi*ch a.ss in a thread about a southern artist? fu*kin f*g**t

cause i listen to real rap, called hip/hop and i call out all wack a.ss music... blow c*ck u c*nt muscle
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now