‘BET UNCUT’ HAS BEEN CANCELLED: Scantily clad dancers for X-rated R&B/rap videos must

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-12-2006, 02:09 AM         #1
6421 pageviews
9 comments

ILLTECNIQUE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
‘BET UNCUT’ HAS BEEN CANCELLED: Scantily clad dancers for X-rated R&B/rap videos must

*Maybe Jill Scott’s cries at the Essence Music Festival were loud enough to be heard in the executive offices of Black Entertainment Television.

After a six-year run, the network has decided to cancel its late night uncensored music video show, “BET Uncut.” The last episode aired Friday on July 8 featuring guest host and notorious strip club-fiend, Jermaine Dupri.

“It was a great show for a segment of our audience, it was always controversial because it took videos to a different level,” said BET CEO Debra Lee yesterday at the Television Critics a.ssociation press tour in Pasadena, CA. “Because of all the new programming we’re doing, my view was it was time for that show to end.”

“BET Uncut” showcased hip hop and R&B videos that were deemed too s3xually explicit to air in the network’s regular rotation. The program had a TV-MA rating, barring viewers under the age of 17. But the series still drew criticism from women who felt the depictions were demeaning and unsuitable for any show on basic cable.

R&B singer Jill Scott echoed the sentiment during a panel at the Essence Music Festival, held during the July 4th weekend in Houston. Speaking to folks gathered at an empowerment seminar as part of the magazine's Take Back the Music campaign, Scott said the portrayal of black women in popular music and videos is degrading.

“It is dirty, inappropriate, inadequate, unhealthy and polluted," Scott said. "We can demand more."

According to several websites, fans of "BET Uncut" have already started an online petition to have the show put back on the air.

However, if the show isn't returned to the airwaves, 'Uncut' fans apparently have a saviour. V-News Group has announced the launch of an online version of the show here:
[pic - click to view]

www.BETuncut.net.

According to their press release, BETuncut.net will be a free site featuring hundreds of uncut videos, many of which have never been seen on network television, as well as interviews with featured artists and video models. :applause:

9 comments for "‘BET UNCUT’ HAS BEEN CANCELLED: Scantily clad dancers for X-rated R&B/rap videos must"

07-12-2006, 02:45 AM         #2
Young Eazy E  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Post this sh*t in the other section your fu*king clogging up the boards with all this news sh*t when it's not the NEWS SECTION you dumb fu*k
 07-12-2006, 02:50 AM         #3
modulatum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BETuncut.net will be a free site featuring hundreds of uncut videos
That sounds way too good to be true.
 11 years ago '06        #4
DreDay17 
space
space
$1,401 | Props total: 122 122
Uncut was that deal, it had all the real videos that was funny as hell and it helped promote people that wouldn't normally get tv time any other way. Jill Scott need to calm down wit all the hate, just because her big a.ss cant wear the stuff that them chicks wear don't mean she got a right to knock they hustle, them hoes in the videos do get paid for that sh*t, I know first hand cuz I went to high school wit a girl who was in Chingy's Right Thurr and Nelly's Hot In Here videos and she showed me the checks!
 11 years ago '06        #5
O-FICIAL 
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 396 396
And To Think...
I Actually Like Jill Scott.
No More Labtekone Videos?
The World Is Ending.
 11 years ago '04        #6
jdawgkemp 
space
space
$2,164 | Props total: 82 82
I mean why do people care so much about getting rid of a show that aired 2 o clock in the f'in mornin??? You shouldnt be up watching it if it offends you so much...
 07-12-2006, 08:53 AM         #7
divine5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I mean why do people care so much about getting rid of a show that aired 2 o clock in the f'in mornin??? You shouldnt be up watching it if it offends you so much...
that is true
 11 years ago '05        #8
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
lolz...how funny was the low budget video clips....they were funny as!
 07-12-2006, 10:40 AM         #9
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DreDay17 said:
Uncut was that deal, it had all the real videos that was funny as hell and it helped promote people that wouldn't normally get tv time any other way. Jill Scott need to calm down wit all the hate, just because her big a.ss cant wear the stuff that them chicks wear don't mean she got a right to knock they hustle, them hoes in the videos do get paid for that sh*t, I know first hand cuz I went to high school wit a girl who was in Chingy's Right Thurr and Nelly's Hot In Here videos and she showed me the checks!

she fine?
 07-12-2006, 10:40 AM         #10
CapoStatus4K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jill Scott fat a.ss complaning, wow..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy