HIP HOP is over saturated...too many rappers

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Tom Savage concussion makes clear that NFL's protocol has major issues
12 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8634 pageviews
24 comments

Dramatick 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 5 5
HIP HOP is over saturated...too many rappers

For every hip hop fan in the world there are at least 3 rappers. The ratio is 1:3. The hip hop game has plenty of rappers but not enough fans. Thats why its so hard for new acts to get their names out there. I swear its true, just check the soundclicks, myspace, hip hop game, the jukebox, the underground section, the mixtape circuit and everywhere else and I'm sure you'll see what I'm speaking on. I check hiphopgame.com every day and I swear that must on them n*ggas they be promoting just materialized out of thin air. I mean, everyday 100 people all over the world decide that they wanna be a rapper. Lets be honest, half of ya'll hip hop heads have put a pen to a pad at least once in your life times. Hell, even i got a couple of tracks. And n*ggas love their own brand too. Every rapper out there believes that their sh*t is the realest sh*t and fans of these rappers believe their sh*t is the realest sh*t. When someone is hot, all the fans flock to them and buy up their sh*t. Like Obie Trice and 50 cent back in 2003. When 50 cent dropped his cd everyone bought it...even i did. Everyone and they momma was bumping Get rich or die tryin. When Obie dropped his cd...all the fans were on fifties d*ck and didn't open their ears to Obie. I can bring up more instances because their are plenty of them. No one opens their ears to new sh*t...but who would blame them...when there is large quantities of wack sh*t out there. However, there are a lot of good rappers and even more wack rappers. Its all about promotion. Its like trying to find the shortest and tallest blades of grass, you can't do it, so you just pick the tallest one because its all you can find. The point i'm trying to make is, there are too many rappers and not enough fans. WE NEED MORE FANS and less rappers.

Last edited by Dramatick; 07-11-2006 at 10:47 PM..

24 comments for "HIP HOP is over saturated...too many rappers"

07-11-2006, 10:41 PM         #2
Professa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i agree...for me its basically two i mainly listen to..

Nas
Rakim

i listen to lots of others but those are my main two favorites...

and i do agree with you about there being too many rappers...way to many tryna get shine

Yung Joc
Lil Fizz (wtf kinda name is that)

i cant even think of any others...but i see way too many motherfu*kas putting out bullsh*t music

Last edited by Professa; 07-11-2006 at 10:43 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #3
sinistababy 
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 89 89
i feel ya... good points...
 07-11-2006, 10:56 PM         #4
Scribbler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't even listen to hip-hop as much as I used to. I'll buy a hip hop record every now and then, but all the hip hop I care about I have already downloaded and burned to CDs. I write a lot but have no real desire to do any recording.

All these rappers claim to be the best out, to be the realest and most original. But they're all starting to sound alike. No one's talking about nothing. If they wanna be original, do an album without one reference to guns, money, material things, drugs, s3x or violence and no cursing. I challenge any big name rapper to do that.
 07-11-2006, 11:04 PM         #5
anticon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you eliminate the whack rappers it would reduce the game by like 75%.
 07-11-2006, 11:05 PM         #6
Professa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scribbler said:
All these rappers claim to be the best out, to be the realest and most original. But they're all starting to sound alike. No one's talking about nothing. If they wanna be original, do an album without one reference to guns, money, material things, drugs, s3x or violence and no cursing. I challenge any big name rapper to do that.
Will Smith? his album was pretty dope...he aint have no cursing or anything
 07-11-2006, 11:22 PM         #7
modulatum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah, but see, all them wack-ass no-talent lazy muhfukkas would give that sh*t up by their thirtieth birthday. Who would still be running to the studio chasing a pipe dream after 10-15 years of failing? And you right, most people put a pencil to the pad or a finger to the keyboard and write some raps and think they sh*t is hot, but you gotta figure out who it is, how's he going to sell, what's so interesting about him? Half the cats on SoundClick are some stupid, poor dudes in the hood with a friend who got FruityLoops and a microphone. They don't have a story to sell, they don't have the paper to start promoting themselves, why do you think they all so misguided, selling their music on SoundClick? You know nobody's going to buy it if they can hear it for free.

do an album without one reference to guns, money, material things, drugs, s3x or violence and no cursing.
Holla atcha boy. It's really not hard to write a verse with no fu*k, sh*t, t*ts, bi*ch, a.ss, b00bs, b00ty, etc. I slip in a "ho" every now and then cause that's my steez, but you know how that go. Way too many studio gangstas these days with shiny cars thinking they hard cause they work at K-Mart or some sh*t. Going at it with their rah rah, their cursing, man that sh*t is 7th grade.
Then of course you got the flipside, the moronic Talib Kweli wannabe talking about sociopolitical issues that people don't really give a fu*k about. Starvation, depression, money issues, who the fu*k wants to turn on they iPod or whatever and listen to this sh*t? Do they want to be depressed? I just don't get these muhfukkin "conscious" rappers. Of course there's a deep song even by the icons of the game every now and then, but 75% of their sh*t is "look how good I can rap." And dudes these days are really forgetting that hip-hop is a sport and an art form. They focus on the art-form, and they pigeonhole themselves into a nerdy niche; or they focus on the sport and they get a good deal putting out sh*tty records. The fans lose either way.

Now as for the fans:rappers ratio, a lot of that has to do with the misconception that rapping is easy. Some dude puts some words together and suddenly thinks, "hey, I can do this for a living." Well, said dude has to go get his records spin on a major station, get a video out on YouTube, get some exposure on MySpace, get people to buy his records online, get some guest spots on some hip-hop oriented TV or radio shows, and finally get a hot single out in this day and age. Dudes just make a bunch of MP3s, put them on SoundClick/Myspace and sit there, waiting for their big break. Don't worry about them, they'll hang that sh*t up soon and go back to work.

Man this was long.
 07-11-2006, 11:24 PM         #8
SAUCYSLIMM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop = rap, what do you expect? if your tired of rappers get into rnb or rock.
 11 years ago '06        #9
BxRePrEsEnTa718 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,716 | Props total: 202 202
 SAUCYSLIMM said:
hip hop = rap, what do you expect? if your tired of rappers get into rnb or rock.

sorry hip hop and rap arent the same. lets go to school real quick.

hip hop equal= jay-z, nas, pac, papoose,slick rick, saigon,kanye,common talib kweli,krs one,scarface, ice t,outkast,rakim,

rap= dipset minus juelz, lil scrappy, camron,clipse,young dro,young joc,dem franchise boyz, jae millz, sheek louch, basically alot of artists on mixtapes.

not if ppl dont understand by the artists i listed then take it as this the artists i listed in hip hop are basically story tellers they can pretty much rap about anything. and pretty much have. they have had songs that aint had sh*t to do wit cars drugs hoes etc. theyre work will pretty much be remembered alot are originators.

now in the rap category u got artists where most are there lyrics are about the streets and cars hoes and what not. its about whats popular. to me theyre talent is limited.they rap about alot of stuff u heard about.

basically hip hop is somethin your parents might listen to in the car or when company is around and rap is somethin ya moms will slap the sh*t out of u if u put it on.

rap is what some white ppl use to diss minorites and blame violence on. i could go on if yall want. i know alot about hip hop that was my final essay in 12th grade i got a 85 on that sh*t i basically had to explain how its an art form i would have got a 100 if i wrote it in the correct format.
 07-12-2006, 12:02 AM         #10
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BxRePrEsEnTa718 said:

hip hop equal= jay-z, nas, pac, papoose,slick rick, saigon,kanye,common talib kweli,krs one,scarface, ice t,outkast,rakim,

rap= dipset minus juelz, lil scrappy, camron,clipse,young dro,young joc,dem franchise boyz, jae millz, sheek louch, basically alot of artists on mixtapes.

not if ppl dont understand by the artists i listed then take it as this the artists i listed in hip hop are basically story tellers they can pretty much rap about anything. and pretty much have. they have had songs that aint had sh*t to do wit cars drugs hoes etc. theyre work will pretty much be remembered alot are originators.

now in the rap category u got artists where most are there lyrics are about the streets and cars hoes and what not. its about whats popular. to me theyre talent is limited.they rap about alot of stuff u heard about.

basically hip hop is somethin your parents might listen to in the car or when company is around and rap is somethin ya moms will slap the sh*t out of u if u put it on.

rap is what some white ppl use to diss minorites and blame violence on. i could go on if yall want. i know alot about hip hop that was my final essay in 12th grade i got a 85 on that sh*t i basically had to explain how its an art form i would have got a 100 if i wrote it in the correct format.
Wow you are a fool.

Im not even gonna school you on this.
 11 years ago '06        #11
BxRePrEsEnTa718 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,716 | Props total: 202 202
theyre is nothin to school rap is a part of hip hop but it isnt the same.
 07-12-2006, 12:24 AM         #12
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BxRePrEsEnTa718 said:
theyre is nothin to school rap is a part of hip hop but it isnt the same.
:banghead:

Hip Hop is a culture which rap is apart of. D4L, Dem Franchise Boys etc are all the same as Talib Kweli, Rakim, Nas etc. They are all Rap, they just fall into different catogories of rap.
 11 years ago '05        #13
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
Yup...unfortunately its too easy to rhyme two words together. Everone is a rapper these days, and it's disgusting and disrespectful to true hip hop artists.
 11 years ago '05        #14
e-man 
space
space
$556 | Props total: 0 0
 BxRePrEsEnTa718 said:

wrong, all that writin for nothin. "rap is sumthin' you do, hip-hop is sumthin you live" ---KRS ONE.
In other words hip-hop is a culture, a way of life....rap is a part of that culture along with breakin', DJ'in, Grafitti art etc. smh at some of you that listen to rap and think its hip-hop. Aint tryin to hate man...but you need to get the basics right.
 07-12-2006, 07:33 AM         #15
xxeaglesfan00xx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the majority of the rappers are garbage these days, makes you wonder how they sell any records or how they even got a deal.
 11 years ago '06        #16
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 Dramatick said:
For every hip hop fan in the world there are at least 3 rappers. The ratio is 1:3. The hip hop game has plenty of rappers but not enough fans. Thats why its so hard for new acts to get their names out there. I swear its true, just check the soundclicks, myspace, hip hop game, the jukebox, the underground section, the mixtape circuit and everywhere else and I'm sure you'll see what I'm speaking on. I check hiphopgame.com every day and I swear that must on them n*ggas they be promoting just materialized out of thin air. I mean, everyday 100 people all over the world decide that they wanna be a rapper. Lets be honest, half of ya'll hip hop heads have put a pen to a pad at least once in your life times. Hell, even i got a couple of tracks. And n*ggas love their own brand too. Every rapper out there believes that their sh*t is the realest sh*t and fans of these rappers believe their sh*t is the realest sh*t. When someone is hot, all the fans flock to them and buy up their sh*t. Like Obie Trice and 50 cent back in 2003. When 50 cent dropped his cd everyone bought it...even i did. Everyone and they momma was bumping Get rich or die tryin. When Obie dropped his cd...all the fans were on fifties d*ck and didn't open their ears to Obie. I can bring up more instances because their are plenty of them. No one opens their ears to new sh*t...but who would blame them...when there is large quantities of wack sh*t out there. However, there are a lot of good rappers and even more wack rappers. Its all about promotion. Its like trying to find the shortest and tallest blades of grass, you can't do it, so you just pick the tallest one because its all you can find. The point i'm trying to make is, there are too many rappers and not enough fans. WE NEED MORE FANS and less rappers.
I have to agree. The market is oversaturated. They're all trying to do the same thing. Plus, these "fans" aren't really "fans" if you nkow what I mean. A lot of these so-called fans are just puppet sheep. You can esaily see that with the things they say and post.
 11 years ago '05        #17
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 23 23
over saturated w/ too many bullsh*t half a.ss rappers
if there were the same amount of rappers who were actually good it would be aight
 07-12-2006, 09:08 AM         #18
qmudd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
real talk
 07-12-2006, 09:11 AM         #19
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Noone is making you listen to them and one mans trash is another mans treasure
 11 years ago '04        #20
Dramatick  OP
space
space
$844 | Props total: 5 5
 xxeaglesfan00xx said:
And the majority of the rappers are garbage these days, makes you wonder how they sell any records or how they even got a deal.
Thats what i'm saying dawg. Its like, there's so many wack rappers out there, that talented cats that properly represent the culture (hip hop) don't even get noticed. However, i do believe that if these record companies wanted to find these super-mcees, they could. I just think they are sticking to one formula that works. These A & R's are too lazy to figure out new ways to market new artist, so they just get "temporary" rappers to shine for a lil while and make their bread off of them, then you never see them again. n*ggas be dissappearing...like J-Know whatever happend to him? He had a handful of hits didn't he? Murphy lee...where that n*gga at?
Home      

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
49 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now