Jul 11 - Blacks - Here's What SOME (Latinos) Think About You

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

????????

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
memphis10 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 2991 2991
 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM         #22
MixedBalla3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 memyselfni said:

Only 9.3 percent of whites said few blacks work hard, only 8.4 percent said few or no blacks are hard to get along with and only 9.6 percent said few if any blacks can be trusted.

definitely inaccurate
 11 years ago '04        #23
BigBang 
space
space
$1,497 | Props total: 68 68
damn i thought we was sticking together and sh*t, thats fu*ked up
 07-11-2006, 11:48 AM         #24
Pexiliod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MixedBalla3 said:
definitely inaccurate
i second to that
 11 years ago '04        #25
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9498 9498
 MixedBalla3 said:
definitely inaccurate
co-sign.

Statistics can be manipulated to say whatever you want them to.
 07-11-2006, 12:03 PM         #26
GGR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fukk a wetback
 11 years ago '04        #27
memphis10 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 2991 2991
I'll take the Sammy Sosa's of the latino population over the Fat Joe's anyday

the Sammy Sosa's seem to understand this more
 11 years ago '05        #28
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,308 | Props total: 595 595
THIS STUDY DOESNT PROVE sh*t IM FROM QUEENSBRIDGE PROJECTS IN NEW YORK CITY AND MY NEIGHBORHOOD IS CULTURALLY MIXED WITH ETHENICITIES
AND IT AINT LIKE THAT ARTICLE AT ALL.
 07-11-2006, 12:09 PM         #29
prophetz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mroe excuse for black people to feel sorry for themselves again
 07-11-2006, 12:18 PM         #30
!ALLMONEYENT! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 memyselfni said:

Jul 10, 2006 : 8:34 pm ET

DURHAM -- Latino immigrants bring negative attitudes toward blacks with them from their home countries rather than develop them after they arrive here, a team including four Duke and two UNC researchers say.

The study, which will appear in the August issue of the Journal of Politics analyzed survey data drawn from Durham residents in 2003.

Latinos also more often identified with whites than blacks, although whites were less likely to see themselves as having much in common with Latinos.

The survey asked 500 residents nearly equally divided among the three groups. The researchers chose Durham because of its nearly 500 percent increase in Latino population between 1990 and 2000, and because its black population spans socioeconomic levels.

"What surprised us most was the high level of negative stereotypes on the part of Latino immigrants," said Paula McClain, a professor of political science at Duke University and the study's lead author. "We were also, I guess, pleasantly surprised at the low level of stereotypes of blacks held by whites in Durham. Less than 10 percent of our sample of whites held negative stereotypes of blacks. And that blacks were more tolerant of Latino immigrants than Latino immigrants were of blacks."

The survey asked such questions as whether members of one group saw the others as hardworking, trustworthy or easy to get along with.

A majority of Latino immigrants, 58.9 percent, said few or almost no blacks are hardworking. Nearly one-third said few if any blacks are easy to get along with. And nearly 57 percent said few if any blacks could be trusted.

Only one-third of blacks, on the other hand, said they distrusted Latino immigrants; 42.8 percent said most or nearly all Latinos are easy to get along with; and 72 percent characterized them as hard-working.

Negative views toward blacks tended to be higher among male Latinos but lower among those who were more educated. Although it was too small to be statistically significant, some evidence suggested that unfavorable perceptions lessen with time spent in the United States.

Latinos seemed unlikely to have absorbed the attitudes from whites, the researchers said, mostly because whites were more positive toward blacks. Only 9.3 percent of whites said few blacks work hard, only 8.4 percent said few or no blacks are hard to get along with and only 9.6 percent said few if any blacks can be trusted.

More than three-quarters, 78 percent, of Latinos said they have more in common with whites than blacks. But whites said they have more in common with blacks -- 45.9 percent, as opposed to 22.2 percent saying they have more in common with Latinos.

Blacks were split on whether they have more in common with Latinos or whites -- 49.6 percent and 45.5 percent, respectively.

Through El Centro Hispano, Durham's Latino community supports advocacy for the economic interests of poor people of all races and ethnic backgrounds in Durham, said Alba Onofrio, El Centro's director. One way it does so is as a member organization of Durham CAN, which stands for Congregations, a.ssociations and Neighborhoods.

Friction arises from causes besides race, she said.

"We find that more often it's a matter of class and not of race," Onofrio said.

And although Hispanics are El Centro's main constituency, it aids other local immigrants, such as the Tanzanian a.ssociation, which meets at its offices, she said.

Onofrio suggested that Durham Latinos' attitudes toward blacks may be affected by black-on-Hispanic robbery, which gained a high profile in the mid-1990s as Latino immigration to Durham increased. But that, too, has more to do with blacks and Latinos living in close proximity, with both groups in dire economic straits, rather than race per se, she said.

"That creates a tension, because people aren't able to see out of that box that they live in," she said.

Although the study didn't look at crime, other evidence suggests Latino immigrants' attitudes about race may be formed in Mexico, where most Durham immigrants are from, McClain said. Recent studies there have documented racism and discrimination toward darker-skinned people, she said.

Three others of the study's 10 authors are at Duke: Niambi M. Carter, Victoria DeFrancesco Soto and Monique Lyle. UNC researchers Gerald F. Lackey and Kendra Davenport Cotton participated, as did J. Alan Kendrick of St. Augustine's College in Raleigh.

In the United States, relations can improve as long as people are willing to examine their presuppositions, McClain said.

"If you recognize these attitudes exist, you can begin to ameliorate them," she said. "The question is, since they exist, what do we do about them?"

thats no suprise we blacks think latinos are zzzzzzs that speak spanish thats all, no different there swager jackers just like whites and other races that try to adapt black people culture and try to make it there own. there nothing different from a white person
 11 years ago '04        #31
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9498 9498
Just another thread that fosters hate among the boxden fam.
 07-11-2006, 12:21 PM         #32
Black::[x] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
this is no surprise, nobody likes us but us.
...Sometimes our own people don't even like each other.
 07-11-2006, 12:22 PM         #33
Kali_Kingz90 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hyphy707 said:
Just another reason for the white man to separate us. I'm latino, my dad came from honduras in 71' and there's hella blacks out there. They do have a preconception of blacks, but in San Francisco, I ended up in an all black and samoan school, so all my friends were black. Then i moved up north to a white county, and same thing, there was a natural friendship that was built between myself and blacks. Most of my friends are black, but i have a lot of white, polynesian, middle eastern friends. Latinos and blacks are more united in the Bay Area than in somewhere like Los Angeles. The Bay has so many different culture's it's like a melting pot like NY. People don't really trip off race over here, some do, but not enough to make a difference. My dad used to hate blacks, but over time, it was all because of the Black Panther sh*t that was going on back then, when they were terrorizing latinos for no reason, and they weren't like the blacks back in Honduras. To hate a race is ignorant. I wonder who these "qualified people" who were interviewed were? Here's the thing, we all have different colors, cultures, styles, languages, but we're all in this f!ght together, so many latinos ARE black, by skin, but come from Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Columbia, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, we have to accept them, because they're all our people. I don't see why everyone wants US to hate eachother, we're all just trying to succeed and not be sold like slaves to the federal prisons. True there's more latinos than blacks in the US. but who's the cause of that?? Corporate America, who has more influence than the Prez.

Props if ya feel me, and props if you're not gonna let no poll in the middle of nowhere change your feelings toward another. Cuz I won't.
Shut the fu*k up, White people aren't doing sh*t to you. Your just too lazy to do anything with your life.
 07-11-2006, 12:22 PM         #34
hip hop chick 3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ignorance will always inform our stereotypes of people..you cant even be surprised anymore about what is going on in the world...there will always be some kind of drama, some kind of opinion! Come on people!

hip hop chick 3:D
 07-11-2006, 12:34 PM         #35
T. Okes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Just another thread that fosters hate among the boxden fam.
Yup...sh*t's sad. Y'all need to chill the fu*k out.

Socioeconomic Status = Everything (whether you like it or not)

Complexion = Nothing (unless you're petty/ignorant)

Smarten up.
 07-11-2006, 12:34 PM         #36
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 prophetz said:
What the hell do you mean??
We always jump back after being hated on
You know nothing of us, so don't speak on US
 07-11-2006, 12:38 PM         #37
Pexiliod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
thats no suprise we blacks think latinos are zzzzzzs that speak spanish thats all, no different there swager jackers just like whites and other races that try to adapt black people culture and try to make it there own. there nothing different from a white person
take everything from blacks? now im latin and i can name a few things that may be considered swagger jacker...u celebrate thanksgiving right? u celebrate christmas right? easter? valentine? how about black history month? stfu if u dont even know sh*t bout your black culture...and im speakin of the original people, u think u know, latinos are nuttin more and nuttin less than a shade of black, maybe u should do some REAL research then get back at me with that comment that u made...
 07-11-2006, 12:42 PM         #38
Kali_Kingz90 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, studiosconnect..BLOW ME
I wasn't talking about black people being lazy, I was talking about the poster.
 07-11-2006, 12:42 PM         #39
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Originally Posted by prophetz
We don't ask people to respect us, we demand it.
 07-11-2006, 12:49 PM         #40
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black::[x] said:
We don't ask people to respect us, we demand it.
^^What I mean is, we don't wait around for other races to feel sorry for us. We get our respect throught demanding it. MLK didn't ASK for Civil Rights', he demanded it through his speeches.
I KNOW i don't feel like an excuse to society.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy