WOW... wow... wow... NEW LEAKED INFO ON "HIP HOP IS DEAD"(TRACKLIST + PRODUCTION)

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-10-2006, 09:22 AM         #1
8219 pageviews
147 comments

NEW YORK BOSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW... wow... wow... NEW LEAKED INFO ON "HIP HOP IS DEAD"(TRACKLIST + PRODUCTION)

Title: Hip Hop Is Dead... The "N"
Artist: Nas
Original release year: 2006
Label: Sony/Def Jam/Ill Will
Guest Artists: Bravehearts; Jay-Z; Rakim; Kelis; Damien Marley; Pharrell; Busta Rhymes; Michael Jackson
Stereo: Stereo
Studio/Live: Studio
Pieces in Set: 1
Catalog#: 108773-2006
Desc: Performer

Additional Notes: Top

Personnel includes: Bravehearts; Jay-Z; Rakim; Kelis; Damien Marley; Pharrell; Busta Rhymes; The Game
Producers include: Timbaland, The Neptunes, Will.i.am, Dr. Dre, Scott Storch, Saalam Remi, Kanye West, Just Blaze, DJ Premier, Nas, L.E.S.

Engineers include: Eddie Sancho, John Crouse, Steve Souder, Ray Adler

Unlike its predecessor STREET'S DISCIPLE, HIP HOP IS DEAD harkens back to Nas' commercial pop-crossover albums as well as the poetic glory days of ILLMATIC. The New York hip-hop legend returns to the thoughtful, introspective philosophy that turned heads early in his recording career (with a little help from rap legend Rakim, the ever rambunctious Busta Rhymes, and former foe Jay-Z). Indeed there are some attempts at fancy, hook-laden production (thanks to Pharrell, Kelis and a newly invigorated Michael Jackson)--but most of the tracks go out of their way to be workaday, subservient frameworks to the lyrics. Sampling records (Louis Armstrong's "The Skokiaan", The Doors "Hello I Love You") that have never been used by other rappers, Nas makes it clear that his focus here is not only on the message but also on the sound. Lyrically, Nas addresses weighty topics as mortality, true love, religion, politics, family, personal responsibility and, of course, the currently “deceased” state of hip-hop. Those themes might seem far from the thug-life reveries of many of his contemporaries, but for Nas it's business as usual. Ironically the record proves that rap music is far from dead.

1. Intro - (N. Jones, C. Martin)

2. The death - (N. Jones, S. Storch, S. Holman, A. Griffith)

3. War for Zion feat. Damien Marley - (N. Jones, D. Marley, L. Lewis)

4. Yes Yes Y'all - (N. Jones, S. Gibbs)

5. North by Northwest feat. The Game - (N. Jones, J. Taylor, A. Young)

6. Got it Back Like That feat. Michael Jackson - (N. Jones, M. Jackson, R. Hampford, T. Peter, T. Mosley)

7. The Golden Child (N. Jones, C. Martin, H. Ribald)

8. Polo and Guess feat. Jay-Z - (N. Jones, S. Carter, K. West)

9. U.B.K (Unauthorized Biography of KRS-One) - (N. Jones)

10. Just Love It feat. Kelis - (N. Jones, K. Rogers, J. Smith)

11. World's Greatest feat. Pharrell - (N. Jones, P. Williams, C. Hugo)

12. Gods and Earths feat. Rakim - (N. Jones, W. Griffin, C. Martin)

13. We Brave feat. The Bravehearts - (N. Jones, J. Jones, N. Jones, L. Lewis)

14. Sekou Selassie - (N. Jones, S. Jones, L. Lewis)

15. Hip-Hop is Dead - (N. Jones, W. Adams)

16. k!ll that Noise feat. Busta Rhymes - (N. Jones, T. Smith, S. Storch)

17. The "N"... - (N. Jones, A. Young, B. Jordan, L. Lewis)

18. Ann Jones - (N. Jones, S. Gibbs)

19. BONUS TRACK: What Y'all Want - (N. Jones, S. Gibbs)

PROPZ AND I PROP BACK IF YOU FOUND THIS INFO USEFUL

147 comments for "WOW... wow... wow... NEW LEAKED INFO ON "HIP HOP IS DEAD"(TRACKLIST + PRODUCTION)"

07-10-2006, 10:00 AM         #2
ill800  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow, so jay z fu*ked up nas new album. wtf is up with all these guest appearances and guest producers? im really pissed off right now. this was my most anticipated album besides saigon and papoose. not anymore. i mean, therell be some good tracks on there but i can tell you right now its gonna suffer from over production. leave it to fu*king jay z, he prolly been in nas ear like fly watering down his album. wtf is the game doin on here? and pharrel? michael jackson? come the fu*k on man, this is nas.
 07-10-2006, 10:04 AM         #3
Uncle Sam  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well y you gonna hate on the man for wantin to make some cheddar..........guest appearances and producers equall mainstream which therefore equalls cash.......quit hatin.......if you want some hardcore old school nas then wait till nas drops a mixtape......i sware ppl never happy.....this a good move for nas
 11 years ago '04        #4
Rich21 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,071 | Props total: 26 26
doesn't look too bad, but thats just my opinon...also good to see nas and dre working together again..:applause:

Last edited by Rich21; 07-10-2006 at 10:06 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #5
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
"Don't be mad, the internet didn't fu*k up your sales, twelve producers on twelve tracks the sh*t can't gel"-Bronze Nazareth
 11 years ago '04        #6
stalyon2004 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,191 | Props total: 0 0
Personnel includes: Bravehearts; Jay-Z; Rakim; Kelis; Damien Marley; Pharrell; Busta Rhymes; The Game
Producers include: Timbaland, The Neptunes, Will.i.am, Dr. Dre, Scott Storch, Saalam Remi, Kanye West, Just Blaze, DJ Premier, Nas, L.E.S.
I don't care if thats alot of features or producers...that list looks insane...He's got the best producers that you can get! Some nice features too...mixed it up a little.

Unlike its predecessor STREET'S DISCIPLE, HIP HOP IS DEAD harkens back to Nas' commercial pop-crossover albums as well as the poetic glory days of ILLMATIC. The New York hip-hop legend returns to the thoughtful, introspective philosophy that turned heads early in his recording career (with a little help from rap legend Rakim, the ever rambunctious Busta Rhymes, and former foe Jay-Z). Indeed there are some attempts at fancy, hook-laden production (thanks to Pharrell, Kelis and a newly invigorated Michael Jackson)--but most of the tracks go out of their way to be workaday, subservient frameworks to the lyrics. Sampling records (Louis Armstrong's "The Skokiaan", The Doors "Hello I Love You") that have never been used by other rappers, Nas makes it clear that his focus here is not only on the message but also on the sound. Lyrically, Nas addresses weighty topics as mortality, true love, religion, politics, family, personal responsibility and, of course, the currently “deceased” state of hip-hop. Those themes might seem far from the thug-life reveries of many of his contemporaries, but for Nas it's business as usual. Ironically the record proves that rap music is far from dead.
The statements in bold stood out to me. After reading that the albums sounds like it is going to be fire! I don't think it will be ruined with all the guest spots from artists & producers.
 07-10-2006, 10:23 AM         #7
Fingaz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fake, Will.I.Am has a joint on the cd called War, and some other joints arent listed..
 11 years ago '05        #8
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
props looks hot to me
 11 years ago '04        #9
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
^^ haha damn man that quote is completely true.

they just better come out with a fire single.
 07-10-2006, 10:26 AM         #10
ill800  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Uncle Sam said:
well y you gonna hate on the man for wantin to make some cheddar..........guest appearances and producers equall mainstream which therefore equalls cash.......quit hatin.......if you want some hardcore old school nas then wait till nas drops a mixtape......i sware ppl never happy.....this a good move for nas
prolly because premo was supposed to do the whole album and guest appearances were supposed to be very limited. nas has plenty of loot, hes always said hes never worried abotu selling records. im not hatin, but these mainstream albums are exactly why 'Hip Hop Is Dead'. and nas has never dropped a mixtape, wtf are you talkin about?
 11 years ago '04        #11
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
If this is real.. it could be nice still, but then again it could turn out to have too much of a pop feel and live up to the hip hop is dead title
 11 years ago '04        #12
stalyon2004 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,191 | Props total: 0 0
 Fingaz said:
fake, Will.I.Am has a joint on the cd called War, and some other joints arent listed..
Albums always change...some tracks never end up on the album...this is the first tracklisting leaked so I'll go with this one for now.
 11 years ago '05        #13
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Obviously just using Saalam Remi & LES wasn't working. I loved Godson, but he flopped on Street's Disciple. The beats were so wack on that album. I would have liked to seen Eminem on a track with him.
 11 years ago '04        #14
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,552 | Props total: 2661 2661
man dat sh*t looks bananas nas' lyrics w/ any producer = classic (he did tracks w/ lil jon thats enuff proof 4 me)
 11 years ago '05        #15
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,093 | Props total: 10781 10781
Stu is at it again LMAO
 07-10-2006, 10:54 AM         #16
Spit 2.0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow. After the ridiculous threads this herb has made, I don't believe this sh*t for a second. No source??
 11 years ago '05        #17
HOLLA BACK 
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 437 437
Looks insane to me...the production is at a much higher level and the guest that he does have are top notch. No complaints here. Can't wait!
 11 years ago '04        #18
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
hip hop IS dead , cause one of the last few respectable artists now has to put a fu*king feature all over his sh*t ....

rappers are all weak and cant hold an album on their own talent ... they lack in every department ...
 11 years ago '04        #19
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5482 5482
^^^ you just got a double disc album with almost no features on the last LP release. how much more of nas do you want? and if you look at the features, only 5 songs feature other "rapping" artist, FIVE! out of a possible 13-14 songs is a standard. if you any kind of a nas fan go back and look at the tracklistings. it's been like that since It Was Written.

other than the Bravehearts, i'm excited about the features. and if that producers list holds up, i'll be even more satisfied. i would've liked it if premo, and NOT salaam remi produced at least three tracks for this album. and i hope that nas surprise us all with a hidden track featuring the reunion between him and AZ!
 07-10-2006, 11:57 AM         #20
Boywonder89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NEW YORK BOSS said:
Title: Hip Hop Is Dead... The "N"
Artist: Nas
Original release year: 2006
Label: Sony/Def Jam/Ill Will
Guest Artists: Bravehearts; Jay-Z; Rakim; Kelis; Damien Marley; Pharrell; Busta Rhymes; Michael Jackson
Stereo: Stereo
Studio/Live: Studio
Pieces in Set: 1
Catalog#: 108773-2006
Desc: Performer

Additional Notes: Top

Engineers include: Eddie Sancho, John Crouse, Steve Souder, Ray Adler

1. Intro - (N. Jones, C. Martin)

2. The death - (N. Jones, S. Storch, S. Holman, A. Griffith)

3. War for Zion feat. Damien Marley - (N. Jones, D. Marley, L. Lewis)

4. Yes Yes Y'all - (N. Jones, S. Gibbs)

5. North by Northwest feat. The Game - (N. Jones, J. Taylor, A. Young)

6. Got it Back Like That feat. Michael Jackson - (N. Jones, M. Jackson, R. Hampford, T. Peter, T. Mosley)

7. The Golden Child (N. Jones, C. Martin, H. Ribald)

8. Polo and Guess feat. Jay-Z - (N. Jones, S. Carter, K. West)

9. U.B.K (Unauthorized Biography of KRS-One) - (N. Jones)

10. Just Love It feat. Kelis - (N. Jones, K. Rogers, J. Smith)

11. World's Greatest feat. Pharrell - (N. Jones, P. Williams, C. Hugo)

12. Gods and Earths feat. Rakim - (N. Jones, W. Griffin, C. Martin)

13. We Brave feat. The Bravehearts - (N. Jones, J. Jones, N. Jones, L. Lewis)

14. Sekou Selassie - (N. Jones, S. Jones, L. Lewis)

15. Hip-Hop is Dead - (N. Jones, W. Adams)

16. k!ll that Noise feat. Busta Rhymes - (N. Jones, T. Smith, S. Storch)

17. The "N"... - (N. Jones, A. Young, B. Jordan, L. Lewis)

18. Ann Jones - (N. Jones, S. Gibbs)

19. BONUS TRACK: What Y'all Want - (N. Jones, S. Gibbs)

PROPZ AND I PROP BACK IF YOU FOUND THIS INFO USEFUL
You for got to include RJD2 as one of the producers and the song that he did with Nas "Where Y'all At".
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy