most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
84 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-07-2006, 08:32 AM         #101
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i went through and seen basically all the post on this topic. and basically what dudes fail to realize is that def jam is a business #1 and #2 jay z is the final say on who gets a deal and who doesnt. def jam has many AR's that go out to recruit talent. its the same as the nba or any professional league the presidents just sit back and say no he's wack or yes he/she is hot. i bet jay knows a bunch of n*ggas that can rap but are they marketable he has to convince LA reid if anyone about his possible plans on bringin anybody in. but whats the problem though? maybe dudes dont know how n*ggas get on today and got on yesterday. its called hard work and if a n*gga in the hood aint doin it then he's not getting that deal. n*ggas want to many fu*kin hand outs and want sh*t given to him. and if i was jay z i would say fu*k you meth n*gga i was selling sh*t out my trunk I kept hittin def jam wit my sh*t until they fu*kin let me in. so why should i make sh*t easier for the next big thing? the next big thing always worked harder then the normal n*gga thats why they are where they are now. n*ggas is soft these days man im tired of soft n*ggas
 07-07-2006, 08:38 AM         #102
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 assanlb said:
Like my man said, if a n*gga is so hungry then you make yourself stand out above the rest. nobody's gonna hand u anything. aint no record label gon relly go lookin for talent besides p diddy and that n*gga do it on tv and still have horrible artists. To be honest, it sound cool to give a street n*gga a deal but at the end of the day it is a business and you cant just sign a n*gga from da streets just because he can freestyle. if you aint pushing at least gold, then you aint gon last. Maybe they should hire Method and have him go out and find that talent cuz i damn sure dont see jay goin out there like that.

^^^thank you the only n*ggas that sayin meth this and meth that are those who have a poor work ethic! and thats sad n*ggas work hard for what you want. if you want to be a millionare work harder then a millionare so you can become one. thats all it is i know im not investing sh*t in a n*gga that i know didnt work to get where he is fu*k him! i want the n*gga that is bustin his a.ss night in and night out puttin mad sh*t out there. its not hard for a n*gga now a days to get noticed. its the ones with out the business since that get looked over....why? because they feel there so fu*kin nice on the mic that somebody will sign them. well news flash n*ggas its 2006 work for what you want my god. and meth stop fu*kin cryin n*gga your in the game and you dont work for sh*t. you do step and fech it skits wit redman but yet you want to complain about the state of def jam??? n*gga you should have had 50 albums by now but you only have what 3 of them? fu*k outta here n*gga stop tryin to create a new buzz for your last album work like everyone else in the industry and own your own label so you can give handouts to new artist that are being "overlooked" last i saw ne-yo sold and so did rihanna and if jay didnt get them signed and they didnt sell you would be bi*chin about something else. i liked meth back in the day but when he changed his image to what he thought the white people wanted to see him do. i didnt like him anymore, his image was too much of a clown and he started to rap like one.
 11 years ago '04        #103
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
here's my question:

When is it time to actually put artists on your roster? I mean, it's true that they have older established MCs at Def Jam, but how can you keep a label fresh with some Depends n*ggaz still around?

I'm not sayin' that I don't like Meth, Red, Foxy. But with all of their successes, I would think they would create their own record label and put n*ggaz on. Def Jam is not gonna put rappers on like that.

I just think Hov has pressure to not only keep the label fresh, but to attract TRL's and 106's...they make more loot there and keep a buzz longer than on the street nowadays (keep in mind EVERYBODY's got a label).

"But it's crossed my mind! (Just a thought)" - Cee-Lo
 07-07-2006, 09:15 AM         #104
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jeehtoven said:
here's my question:

When is it time to actually put artists on your roster? I mean, it's true that they have older established MCs at Def Jam, but how can you keep a label fresh with some Depends n*ggaz still around?

I'm not sayin' that I don't like Meth, Red, Foxy. But with all of their successes, I would think they would create their own record label and put n*ggaz on. Def Jam is not gonna put rappers on like that.

I just think Hov has pressure to not only keep the label fresh, but to attract TRL's and 106's...they make more loot there and keep a buzz longer than on the street nowadays (keep in mind EVERYBODY's got a label).

"But it's crossed my mind! (Just a thought)" - Cee-Lo

^^^^exactly kids dont apeal to old a.ss n*ggas tryin to rap in nyc about selling drugs etc. i think hov is doin a damn good job for just being on the job for one year. fu*k n*ggas is never satisfied they look for jay to save hip hop but n*ggas aint tryin to help neither. if meth is so concerned then maybe he should go out and bring them to jay then he may get what he want. but until then shut up and be a disgrunteld employee
 07-07-2006, 02:49 PM         #105
mc_breed  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props good read
 11 years ago '05        #106
King Of Da Souf 2 heat pts
space
space
$921 | Props total: 97 97
ARTIST COME AND GO
HIT MAKERS STAY
SO JAY IS DOING HIS THANG AND KEEPIN HIS EAR TO THE SOUTH

AND CHILL OUT WIT ALL THE SOUTH HATE
DAMN WE AINT SAID SHYT BOUT DA EASTCOAST
plz
 11 years ago '05        #107
Secwrit23 
space
space
$1,344 | Props total: 1 1
JAY IS fu*kIN UP..

Its alot of dudes on they grind he coulda fu*ked with rplly for the right offer (Jae Millz, Papoose, Grafh) sh*t he had grafh at one point but fu*ked up that!!

BTW, Jay IS President of Def Jam and DOESNT own Def Jam.. Def Jam is owned by Island thats why it's Island/Def Jam and Jay-Z dont have the money to buy the whole muh fu*kin company... that would be some sh*t tho..sorta mutiny. The argueably best artist on the label cakes up n earns enough to purchase it haha... but nah he ust a Executive like 50 is over at Interscope but Jay is more important n makes more decisions

Also.. The reason its not artist comin up with their OWN LABELS cuz that sh*t aint as easy as myspace artist sig-up.. Kids these days be thinkin fi u want a Indie Label all u need is some gfx designs n a internet site... NAH.. thats why Nas' Ill Will Records hasnt jumped off n hes has its plans and been recruitin talent since mid-90's. Unless u got a major record label willin to pick u up (Universal, Atlantic, Sony, etc.) then you cant make a labl. You can make suttin indie with a studio n all that but u wont have distribution or anything u need ta make a major release happen... Be nice tho if it was easier for Indie art*ts to get exposure cuz half the music is ALOT BETTER than this corny a.ss Bow Wow/Nelly sh*t that'll be on the Billboard To 10

Last edited by Secwrit23; 07-07-2006 at 03:24 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #108
NickJ Da Voice 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,435 | Props total: 2 2
He rite tho......but r these artists comin 2 def jam.....at da end of da day ....next! (meanin whoelse gon diss Hov. sh*ts getiin intestin
 07-07-2006, 06:33 PM         #109
qmudd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jayz and the rest of def jam are running a 'business'....some of these artists aren't good for "business".....cause most of you n*ggas that talk about these dudes aint gon buy they albums, you just gon burn and talk sh*t about how "hip hop is back" and how classic the album is. But your burning and sh*t talkin aint gon help the business.
 07-07-2006, 07:39 PM         #110
Gonsalves  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want new york to rep hip hop to the fullest once more. I'm tired of all these clown rappers/r&b acts. PLEASE bring back some true hip hop!

Last edited by Gonsalves; 07-07-2006 at 07:40 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #111
Mr_Plenty 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 289 289
ok...
 11 years ago '05        #112
Arceo 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$2,204 | Props total: 545 545
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
Method Man has let his displeasure with the media known of late, and now he’s calling out his label, Def Jam, and head honcho Jay-Z. Meth tells The Breakdown, “Whatever happened to artist development? They’ll take Ne-Yo, they’ll take Rihanna and develop them. They don’t do that with us rappers. You know why? They look at us as fast food… I don’t have anything against The Roots or Nas. But, there’s a lot of hungry muthas out there that deserve those slots. The Roots has a deal, Nas had a deal and still has a deal. Jay, stop sitting in that office. Stop signing all these established acts. You know you a street [brotha], go out there and find that talent. Let’s go out there and get some of these hungry [muthas]. [Brothas] is mad, they feel like New York ain’t be represented right ’cause the right [brothas] ain’t being heard, and I gotta agree.” Method Man’s 4-21 is slated to be released on August 22nd

damn i thought jay z was just the pres not the owner of def jam, well its up to jay z to save hip hop. I agree though cause there are too many cookie cuttin rappers out there that is messin everything up, but see if n*ggas dont have there business right and promote themselves then you wont get signed fu*k u think a n*gga is just gonna stick his head out the window and yell. "who knows how to rap, and im only signing the hungriest!" i get what meth is saying and what he's trying to do but its not that easy, these artist just have to create there own buzz underground have your business already set up so def jam will feel more comfortable in signing a multi year deal not just a one and done and u fu*k your advances up thats what i think there trying to avoid

foreal look here!!

myspace.com/itsthatarceokid
 11 years ago '04        #113
orv 
space
space
$4,297 | Props total: 1684 1684
Rihanna is big all over the world, it's not like she just showed up.
 07-08-2006, 06:28 AM         #114
makaveli06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props

Last edited by makaveli06; 07-08-2006 at 06:43 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #115
Preech 
space
space
space
$677 | Props total: 0 0
You gotta think about it this way also. Method might not want to establish his on label for the fact acts might not do to well. Honestly though...I don't really like the music from the South, nah. I'm not hatin'...but that's what the people like right now....that's what's selling. Until New York, and the rest of the few acts out of the North East wake up...and start competing...than that Hyphy movement gonna move in on us...Just how the south Blew up.
 11 years ago '04        #116
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
Stop signing all these established acts. You know you a street [brotha], go out there and find that talent. Let’s go out there and get some of these hungry [muthas]. [Brothas] is mad, they feel like New York ain’t be represented right ’cause the right [brothas] ain’t being heard, and I gotta agree.”
:applause: bout time someone said that sh*t, cuz hov aint been signing nobody hungry, Young Leek, Ne Yo, Rihanna, Rick Ross, were all already established
 11 years ago '04        #117
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,369 | Props total: 301 301
Def Jam aint sh*t no more all you rappers better getta new lable.
 11 years ago '04        #118
young shiz 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,113 | Props total: 91 91
If i were a label head, why wouldn't i sign a person with buzz, marketability, and a damn near finished album (Jeezy) over a person that you will have to put in alot of work with for a chance of commercial success (Many east coast rappers). With a relatively established artist, it seems like a greater return with less investment and more importantly, less risk. ITS A BUSINESS.

Jay isn't a great president but you also gotta think that maybe him being Pres is all a PR move anyway. Def Jam has been getting alot more attention ever since he became head honcho.
 11 years ago '05        #119
evals 
space
space
$448 | Props total: 0 0
lol jay z dont own def jam. fu*kin idiot.
 11 years ago '04        #120
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,124 | Props total: 1380 1380
TRUTH........

BEATS sell records.

Opinion....

New York/Jersey have the best rappers in the world, atleast to me, but the south is selling the most records right now. The goal as a president of a label, is to make money for the owner, not give all of your boys a chance to shine.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy