Jul 6 - Methodman calls out hov

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-06-2006, 06:23 PM         #61
dolla101  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mrniceguy said:
As a Ceo you have to think "MONEY" first...not hometown appreciation...

Rick Ross and young Jeezy can sell way more albums than

Papoose and Saigon.... of course Pap and Sai is more lyrical...but lyrics don't sell records....

Catchy hooks do!

see that exactly ....what want wrong with hip-hop......the catchy hook sh*t its supposed 2 be the other why around........that's y so many cats from the south is pure garbage~Not Everyone~but most ........hip-hops prime 91'-02'
`b4 all the down south bullsh*t.... all rappin about the same thing every song... every artist.. every track. .........i from the bronx i moved 2 miami a year ago.........i cant even listen 2 the radio down here its a joke.........4real......truth bein said.....I DONT THINK HIP-HOP WILL EVA GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS"THE ROOTS"
 11 years ago '05        #62
Reggie Xtreme 
space
space
$5,738 | Props total: 77 77
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
Method Man has let his displeasure with the media known of late, and now he’s calling out his label, Def Jam, and head honcho Jay-Z. Meth tells The Breakdown, “Whatever happened to artist development? They’ll take Ne-Yo, they’ll take Rihanna and develop them. They don’t do that with us rappers. You know why? They look at us as fast food… I don’t have anything against The Roots or Nas. But, there’s a lot of hungry muthas out there that deserve those slots. The Roots has a deal, Nas had a deal and still has a deal. Jay, stop sitting in that office. Stop signing all these established acts. You know you a street [brotha], go out there and find that talent. Let’s go out there and get some of these hungry [muthas]. [Brothas] is mad, they feel like New York ain’t be represented right ’cause the right [brothas] ain’t being heard, and I gotta agree.” Method Man’s 4-21 is slated to be released on August 22nd

damn i thought jay z was just the pres not the owner of def jam, well its up to jay z to save hip hop. I agree though cause there are too many cookie cuttin rappers out there that is messin everything up, but see if n*ggas dont have there business right and promote themselves then you wont get signed fu*k u think a n*gga is just gonna stick his head out the window and yell. "who knows how to rap, and im only signing the hungriest!" i get what meth is saying and what he's trying to do but its not that easy, these artist just have to create there own buzz underground have your business already set up so def jam will feel more comfortable in signing a multi year deal not just a one and done and u fu*k your advances up thats what i think there trying to avoid

if there is a hungry rapper or singer they will find him if they was so hungry
 11 years ago '05        #63
Reggie Xtreme 
space
space
$5,738 | Props total: 77 77
hand down Jay-z is the best rapper in the game
 11 years ago '04        #64
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
 Mrniceguy said:

Papoose and Saigon.... of course Pap and Sai is more lyrical...but lyrics don't sell records....

Catchy hooks do!

right now they may sell more, but in the long run papoose and SAIGON will be better, rick ross is short term

Last edited by DJWho; 07-06-2006 at 06:53 PM..
 07-06-2006, 06:35 PM         #65
dolla101  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mrniceguy said:

Catchy hooks do!

see that exactly ....what want wrong with hip-hop......the catchy hook sh*t its supposed 2 be the other why around........that's y so many cats from the south is pure garbage~Not Everyone~but most ........hip-hops prime 91'-02'
`b4 all the down south bullsh*t.... all rappin about the same thing every song... every artist.. every track. .........i from the bronx i moved 2 miami a year ago.........i cant even listen 2 the radio down here its a joke.........4real......truth bein said.....I DONT THINK HIP-HOP WILL EVA GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS"THE ROOTS"
 07-06-2006, 06:36 PM         #66
thego2man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Life is not fair... sorry Meth

One
 07-06-2006, 06:42 PM         #67
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my Favourite artist alive is Jay-Z....but i agree with Method Man soooooo much............Jay is signing too much garbage and sh*t.....Def Jam is loaded....and i mean loaded with great artists that will still do big figures if they had the money that Jay-Z is spending on Ne-Yo or Rihanna's promotion.....every week i log on to Defjam.com.....every week theres 2 or 3 new artists on the roster and the other dudes that deserve the promotion are being shelved.......just look.....

Karina Pasian

Young Leek

who the fu*k are these people????? u got Fabolous,Beans,Scarfo,Peedi,Tru Life and them artists on the shelf...but these wack fu*ks are getting more promotion than them.....Peedi has been on Rocafella for years.....HE STILL DOESNT HAVE AN ALBUM OUT!!!!!....Jay needs to get his priorities str8...
 11 years ago '05        #68
DaRealistNi**a 
space
space
$361 | Props total: 0 0
well thats true but you know ni99a sent jay like thousands of tape and cd to hear them out but you take a chance and it don't work you kind of skeptial to do it again and the same thing happen but thats a part of the business you take chance. I think that it would be a better business if we had labels out in the street looking for talent but why do that when the talent comes to you
 11 years ago '04        #69
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,531 | Props total: 275 275
fu*k Meth he need to work on getting his albums right he drop one good and that's it he needs to be hungry again so he can drop another classic
 11 years ago '04        #70
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
everybody know gogo and Rihanna are garbage
 11 years ago '04        #71
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,933 | Props total: 230 230
 dolla101 said:

Regardless of the area most of all the rappers talkin bout the same sh*t.As I recall everybody jumped on the souths d*ck.Some people cant just enjoy the music and let it speak for itself instead d*ckridin/hatin on certain artists/coast. The same cats sayin sales dont matter are some of the same ones gonna bi*ch cuz a hip pop artist gettin more promo/sales.Cat will call album a classic even b4 the sampler leaks but then when the retail drops wont buy it n nit pick it 2 death.Some cats act if its not underground or conscious,from the east its not "real hiphop".Part of hiphop is expression urself and havin fun/dancin.I do appreciate good lyrics but also good production,flow,charisma,etc.Dependin on my mood/settin such as the club its more bout the beat.Imo the cats that are afraid 2 be themselves/jump on bandwagons,commercialize,bootleggin,and cats not enjoying the music are k!llin hiphop not just 1 or 2 groups or a certain coast.
 07-06-2006, 07:30 PM         #72
roccitygirl04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good read
 11 years ago '04        #73
paperizgood 
space
space
$522 | Props total: 4 4
I think Jay doing his thing...yea, its prollyy some NY cats who u wonder why he hasnt signed but maybe he knows something we dont. Everybody gotta start from the bottom and everybody that got some street buzz dont equate to good albums/record sales.

At the end of the day, Def Jam aint paying Jay-Z for "real, back to the roots, classic" hip hop albums. It's all bout the almighty dollar!!
 11 years ago '05        #74
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,111 | Props total: 516 516
i agree!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #75
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
Mr. Meth is just tryna get some attention before his album drops. His last album was garbagio. He's already an established MC. He shouldn't have done that dumb tv show wit Redman, and maybe he would still have some street cred. That's like Xzibit. He was one of the dopest on the west coast, but showed his gay side on Pimp My Ride on MTV. These n*ggaz are tryna blame everyone else but themselves for their failures. He should write a cry baby book about how he's not appealing no more. Step your rap game up Meth, and quit wit the subliminals.
 11 years ago '05        #76
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
he's also dumb old and he's not appealing to the public its about what have you done for me latley def jam will be here longer then method man will, when did he come out with a hit? he finally split form his man tan image wit redman. I think he's doesnt understand what these lables look for things change meth stop ya belly achin and bring back the wu and see how well you do
i suppose you are correct in saying that he isnt thinking from the point of view what would be popular enough to be "in the club" (pun intended) but i think meth might be capable of dropping a club track or something along those lines and getting his album to buzz. granted the teenie boppin tramps want something they can shake their a.sses to but with the correct marketing scheme why cant meth who has time and time again displayed lyrical brilliance put himself back on the map. One of the dopest emcees on the Def Jam label is mad underrated and appropirately addresses hovas business ventures and project attention. it has been true that whoever has spin all over Mtv and your areas' "popular music station" will be successful and its up to them to keep themselves there. i dont know about you but im in the mood for hip hop to come back and that time is long over due. i think its time folks at def jam worry about keeping a formerly ILL label good and sweating the small stuff at another time. all stated IMO.
 11 years ago '05        #77
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,867 | Props total: 123 123
...at Mef haters!

Yall the same muhfu*kas he talking about in his new sh*t.....
 11 years ago '05        #78
ElQueHablaSucio 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,258 | Props total: 649 649
def jam = worst label to be
 11 years ago '05        #79
PFunk456 
space
space
space
$256 | Props total: 0 0
Just another mad employee. Hov dont even need to respond
 11 years ago '04        #80
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,079 | Props total: 3875 3875
thats true.. but think about it.. meth ain't had a good album yet. even in his hey day his always been garbage. He is a posse or group rapper. He can't hold sh*t dolo. Much like pap, sai, canibus, rae, the list goes on.. If i'm in the bizness of making money then i'm going with the money.

Wu has fallen so far off the radar, i'd rather hear bin laden over a rza beat then anybody in the wu. when's the last time you saw meth a.ss out helping somebody get signed. I remember seeing niccas approach him when he was hot and that nicca was on some you beneath me sh*t. KARMA is a bi*ch meth....

riahanna don't have no ego yet nor is she talent-less, if anybody should be bi*chin, it should be riahanna because of the bi*ch move jay did with her and teirra "where the fu*k you at now" marie.. How you gonna release 2 female artist within a 2 weeks of each other??? smart move Jay.. I'm glad she did good tho..

but jay is not a smart dude when it comes to talent i mean he dropped christian, but kept bleek? he dropped amil? but kept bleek? he signed the ranjahas and kept bleek. lol. he promoted bleek and not freeway, yet free had the better album. so um.. his track record not that great unless it involves bleek.lol. He or dame dropped the ball on MOP but guess who got dropped the ball when they had the hottest song of the summer "round here" oh wait.. bleek. lol. jay gets pissed at kam because he got VP over bleek, yet cam was on his hustle and made his own album go plat without jay help.. thats the guy i want making moves...

the roots? i love them dudes but i don't see no money in them like that. nor any of the cats he signed... this gonna be a funny a.ss year in hiphop unless jay dropps another album..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy