Jul 6 - Methodman calls out hov

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
207 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #41
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 200 200
 StreetExclusive said:
Papoose and Saigon.... of course Pap and Sai is more lyrical...but lyrics don't sell records....
they could sell if they were under jay, if the label puts money on ur project u gonna sell especially rappers like pap and sai...if jay say saigon and pap is the future, the jayz fanatics is going want to listen to pap and sai and some of those jayz fans are going to like sai and pap just because jay said they nice
 11 years ago '06        #42
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 200 200
 Mrniceguy said:
n*ggas forget Jay signed "Tru-Life" from BK n*ggah....do ya research
i believe tru life is from the lower east side and so wat jay signed em, how bout paying mind to em, true hasnt even put out alot of tracks while beign down wit the roc la familia..hey jay how bout jumping on the New New York remix<<<that might help tru
 07-06-2006, 03:30 PM         #43
UptownHaze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
meth is washed up. Nobody wants to listen to his crap.
 11 years ago '04        #44
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 the_brownnation said:
he's right. why would you sign someone like jeezy or rick ross when you have people like papoose and saigon right in your backyard. (yeah they have deals now, but they should have been signed 2 years ago)
well Jeezy went 2x plat thats a pretty good reason...ross got street buzz ... saigon and pap have signed deals and are they even close to droppin cds?? maybe pap, but hell naw and if they did theyd do worse numbers than yayo or camron... east coast rap just aint poppin at all on the mainstream tip.. fan of ny rap but da truth
 07-06-2006, 03:39 PM         #45
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think it's a joke that Jay signed Young Leek after one song while other Jersey acts like Redman and Budden sit on Def Jam's shelf. Or he could have picked up A-Team

slimyellow said:
he's already got hungry artist to work with, young chris is the future, fab still doin his thing, an n*ggas wont give bleek a chance...
Bleek and Fab been around since 98, they aren't new.

Jay-Z isn't even helping the Roc though. Rhianna dropped two albums in less than a year and Tearria Mari gets signed to the Roc and drops an album right off the bat while Freeway's shopomore album still hasn't come out and Peedi Crakk still hasn't even put out a single and he been with them since 2002.

Last edited by Krazy K; 07-06-2006 at 03:56 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #46
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
you dont know who jay wants to sign and who papoose wants to sign with, its all about who he decides to run with. papoose didnt get on by just somebody walkin by noticin he can rap. he promoted his self by doing shows at local clubs and traveling to other cities to get his name out. then he reach out to local dj's etc to get on there mixtapes and if an AR wants you they will grab you its that simple. Thats how you get signed as an artist now a days you create your buzz and then you get signed that way these lables know that you can handel the pressure of the road and everything else that comes with it. because they are investing in you, you cant just go out in the street pick a n*gga up cause he can flow and say ok im gonna sign you. then them n*ggas turn out like ODB. then you have a waisted investment its a business people a business!

ODB was crazy before the deal.....R.i.p. Dirty... but your right i don't know who Jay-Z wants to sign...but I know if he really wanted to Sign someone he could DO IT IN ABOUT 10 Minutes....he signed "Tru-Life" and that n*gga HAS NO BUZZ....Ain't Nobody Riding around to "Tru-Life" Mixtape....He didn't have any huge buzz....i'll agree PAPOOSE WAS ON HIS GRIND....TRU-LIFE I DONT KNOW....did you hear anything about "Tru-Life" before the signing other than that "new york , new york" song produced by 9th wonder? ....that just shows....Jay-Z is Bullsh*tting...if you can sign Wack Azz Tru-Life....you can sign...any n*gga from Marcy that you notice rapping on the street...

you can't sit here and act like Jay-Z doesn't have any power...he still controls Rocafella label/name....so at the very least....he can sign any n*gga from new york to Rocafella Records...

Rick Ross got signed off one song "Hustlin, Hustlin" ...that n*gga didn't have a huge buzz....he prolly had a few mixtapes but who doesn't have a few mixtapes these days...every n*gga and they mom got a mixtape....

07-06-2006, 03:47 PM         #47
SumSkunkyShit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
meth aint spit a hot verse since tical
 07-06-2006, 03:47 PM         #48
ledyardfinest07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow thats crazy meth my mans though
 11 years ago '05        #49
t-redrum 
space
space
$1,963 | Props total: 7 7
fu*k meth now your sh*t is going to get pushed back to next year
 11 years ago '06        #50
beantownbison 
space
space
$266 | Props total: 0 0
good article
 11 years ago '04        #51
TeflonDon 
space
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 46 46
meths been in the game long enough that he should be a boss and find his own artists
 11 years ago '04        #52
dwizzle45 
space
space
$1,259 | Props total: 204 204
 Joe Scumbag said:
Yo i Have Had Enough Of These Artist bi*ching About Rihanna

Naw For Real Tho THere Getting Mad Cuz Someone Want TO Help New Artist WTF Meth And X Are Vets They Don't Need No fu*king Help What They Want The Heads At Def Jam To Hold THere d*ck And sh*t WTF
^^^i agree wit that too fam....and to add to it meth bi*chin bout hood n*ggas needin a chance or what not u gotta look at it as if hiphop is goin backwards ...back in the day there was creativity to the sh*t now errbody talkin the same sh*t(guns drugs money) knowing damn well that they sh*t be tainted..n*ggas aint worth the paper
 11 years ago '04        #53
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
Meth is right!!!! Hov is a snake, he isn't looking for any up and coming talent, he is looking for a way to get more money in his pocket so he can make a song about it. So like Meth is saying, I'd rather listen to one of them hungry n+@#$s the same way I listened to a lot of these rappers today when they were hungry. Now everyone is talking about all that they have like they are satisfied or something. If that's the case then sit down and let someone else get that spot like Meth said. So fu*k all of ya'll hating on Meth for speaking out. Ya'll know where it all started WU-TANG FOREVER bi*ches!!!!!!
 07-06-2006, 05:29 PM         #54
TakaTheOne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on meth's recent song "yah mean" doesnt he take a shot at jay?

"new york new york, rock tube socks and timberlands.
cuz hip hop aint feelin them flip flops, they feminine."

not sure if thats about jay but it seems like it right?
 11 years ago '04        #55
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
that's how it is as a president or a CEO...THEY DO NOT MAKE DECISIONS. There are puppet masters behind him that make the decisions, he just feels the effects. I honestly don't think Hov is a decision maker...but that's my opinion. I know the president of my company and she rarely makes decisions when things are presented in front of her at meetings. She takes notes back to the board or directors so they can decide. That's how it usually goes.
 07-06-2006, 05:45 PM         #56
jays4life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice read my dude, props
 07-06-2006, 05:51 PM         #57
mrsouthcarolina  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just think with the mixtapes and internet alone have really made record companies sit back and really watch who they invest their money in and that is why all of these so called seasoned artist are still getting deals and the new artist are really struggling trying to get on
 07-06-2006, 05:53 PM         #58
loc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i remember going to a seminar about 2 years ago and dame dash was there basiclly he was saying that if you are hot he'll come to your hood and find you. So basically that is saying make your own buzz and if everything comes your way then you will get attention by the labels.
 11 years ago '04        #59
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
i aint read past the first page but i know this

since hov is where he is now, alot of people either hatin or hov is a real a**hole...im gettin this perception because i just finished watchin backstage like 10 minutes ago for the first time in like 2 years, sh*t was beautiful than, everything changed when hov left the roc, damn was constantly talkin bout loyalty, mef/red/x was all talkin bout how hov as real thorough a.ss n*gga, & now mef/x/dame/etc. havin probs wit him, sh*ts sad to see
 11 years ago '05        #60
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,776 | Props total: 1589 1589
this the main reason i dont fu*k wit HOV no more........
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
63 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
184 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
47 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago