most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-06-2006, 01:02 PM         #1
7413 pageviews
125 comments

!ALLMONEYENT! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jul 6 - Methodman calls out hov

Method Man has let his displeasure with the media known of late, and now he’s calling out his label, Def Jam, and head honcho Jay-Z. Meth tells The Breakdown, “Whatever happened to artist development? They’ll take Ne-Yo, they’ll take Rihanna and develop them. They don’t do that with us rappers. You know why? They look at us as fast food… I don’t have anything against The Roots or Nas. But, there’s a lot of hungry muthas out there that deserve those slots. The Roots has a deal, Nas had a deal and still has a deal. Jay, stop sitting in that office. Stop signing all these established acts. You know you a street [brotha], go out there and find that talent. Let’s go out there and get some of these hungry [muthas]. [Brothas] is mad, they feel like New York ain’t be represented right ’cause the right [brothas] ain’t being heard, and I gotta agree.” Method Man’s 4-21 is slated to be released on August 22nd

[pic - click to view]

www.thestreetspace.com

damn i thought jay z was just the pres not the owner of def jam, well its up to jay z to save hip hop. I agree though cause there are too many cookie cuttin rappers out there that is messin everything up, but see if n*ggas dont have there business right and promote themselves then you wont get signed fu*k u think a n*gga is just gonna stick his head out the window and yell. "who knows how to rap, and im only signing the hungriest!" i get what meth is saying and what he's trying to do but its not that easy, these artist just have to create there own buzz underground have your business already set up so def jam will feel more comfortable in signing a multi year deal not just a one and done and u fu*k your advances up thats what i think there trying to avoid

125 comments for "Jul 6 - Methodman calls out hov"

11 years ago '04        #2
Merzennary 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,452 | Props total: 0 0
props for the read...
 11 years ago '04        #3
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,753 | Props total: 3577 3577
Yo i Have Had Enough Of These Artist bi*ching About Rihanna

Naw For Real Tho THere Getting Mad Cuz Someone Want TO Help New Artist WTF Meth And X Are Vets They Don't Need No fu*king Help What They Want The Heads At Def Jam To Hold THere d*ck And sh*t WTF
 11 years ago '06        #4
Jhnnyblz427 174 heat pts174
space
space
$35,183 | Props total: 18018 18018
who pays attention to meth anymore????
 07-06-2006, 01:14 PM         #5
PaineBishop  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice read. I see his point...If he feels like that though, why not start his own label?

Last edited by PaineBishop; 07-06-2006 at 01:15 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #6
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
Good read man.

Thats the truth about folks being lazy and looking for a label cause they in a sense opting out of the hustle and trying to avoid sellin out the trunk. Instead they pawn the trunk sells for auditions, shows & myspace plays for pub.

I saw something that made me wanna step my game up and get back with my team Hometeam Entertainment. I saw a black Phantom on Rosevelt this morning with 22's and it had HOMETEAM on the front. Straightup Motivation!!!

Last edited by Hyper_Intel; 07-06-2006 at 01:23 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #7
CLASSOVMYOWN 
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
I do see his point and he wasn't talking about himself he was talking about finding new rappers
 11 years ago '05        #8
ceo-of-hucworld 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 9810 9810
IMA PLAY DEVIL'S ADVOCATE HERE AND SIDE WITH METH FIRST:

I CAN UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY WHERE HE COMING FROM CAUSE I HAVENT SEEN ANY EstabLISHED ACTS FEATURED ON ANY NEW RELEASES FROM SEVERAL ARTIST THAT HAVE COME LIKE SAMMIE, NE-YO, CHRIS BROWN ETC. THE ARE SITTING ON THE SHELF.

NOW TO SIDE WITH JAY:

ITS NOT HIS FAULT THAT THESE DUDES HAVE RELEASED sh*tTY CD'S YEAR AFTER YEAR(METH). YOU HAVE TO KINDA PULL YA OWN WEIGHT BEING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY FOR SOMETIME
 07-06-2006, 01:17 PM         #9
catchaBreath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LowaEastSide5 said:
who pays attention to meth anymore????
You do if you're from the area, although he hasn't really put anything out recently.
 07-06-2006, 01:17 PM         #10
datCITIKIDtps.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice 411. Good Looks.
 11 years ago '05        #11
rgoins002 1 heat pts
space
space
$824 | Props total: 15 15
Nice read. Props.
 11 years ago '05        #12
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
Jay-Z ain't sending nobody to NY to get Shot...looking for talent! its way easier just to hear about a new south artist that has a local buzz and sign em ( Rick Ross)
 07-06-2006, 01:39 PM         #13
the_brownnation  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's right. why would you sign someone like jeezy or rick ross when you have people like papoose and saigon right in your backyard. (yeah they have deals now, but they should have been signed 2 years ago)
 11 years ago '04        #14
XoStikoX 
space
space
$1,019 | Props total: 0 0
 Mrniceguy said:
Jay-Z ain't sending nobody to NY to get Shot...looking for talent! its way easier just to hear about a new south artist that has a local buzz and sign em ( Rick Ross)
Somethin a scary a.ss pus*y would say.
 11 years ago '05        #15
Mrniceguy 
space
space
 the_brownnation said:
he's right. why would you sign someone like jeezy or rick ross when you have people like papoose and saigon right in your backyard. (yeah they have deals now, but they should have been signed 2 years ago)
As a Ceo you have to think "MONEY" first...not hometown appreciation...

Rick Ross and young Jeezy can sell way more albums than

Papoose and Saigon.... of course Pap and Sai is more lyrical...but lyrics don't sell records....

Catchy hooks do!
 11 years ago '05        #16
skilliona12e 1 heat pts
space
space
$500 | Props total: 17 17
meth cant talk, hes the laziest dude in hiphop......if dude put on good consistent lp's he would be helpin..
 11 years ago '05        #17
Mrniceguy 
space
space
 XoStikoX said:
:finger: I'm keepin it real....when the last time Jay walked through MARCY PROJECTS.... you have to be established already and have a 50 Cent Buzz in New York...and you might get signed.... and n*ggas forget Jay signed "Tru-Life" from BK n*ggah....do ya research
 07-06-2006, 01:47 PM         #18
roclo7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dat n*gga like 37 he shouldnt need artist development. Go make that tour money n*gga.
 07-06-2006, 01:49 PM         #19
hip hop chick 3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well i would have to agree with my baby Meth! I think you need to find the new talent and not invest soo much on what is already gonna be a hit....like he referred to Rhianna who is on her second album. Mos def Jigga needs to get new talent that would be just as good as these other artists.

holla

hip hop chick 3:D
 11 years ago '05        #20
Mrniceguy 
space
space
 XoStikoX said:
:finger: I'm keepin it real....when the last time Jay walked through MARCY PROJECTS.... you have to be established already and have a 50 Cent Buzz in New York...and you might get signed.... and n*ggas forget Jay signed "Tru-Life" from BK n*ggah....do ya research
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
94 comments
19 hours ago