most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is faster?
Soccer Players 52 46.85%
NFL Players 59 53.15%
Voters: 111. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #101
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
a misconception about soccer is that they have only endurance....soccer players train all aspects just like every other sport...NFL players train and prepare for an hour game and soccer trains for an hour and a half game, soccer players train plyometrics just like NFL'ers do (just no tackling dummies), go watch a team practice, they do the same power and speed training, you dont have to be huge to be strong, as long as you can move your own
 11 years ago '05        #102
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
 SHootar said:
^^yeah but we talkin fastest at each sport....clearly theres some of the slowest guys in sports in the NFL. they're also over 300 pounds. again...we talkin fastest of NFL, versus the fastest of premiership or whatever league.

yeah but all you have are the times of NFL'ers because of combines and such....i have never seen a soccer sprint time, because you MUST be fast to play soccer and if you werent you'd never make it to the crappiest division...

bottom line and everyone can agree.....Soccer Players are faster then NFL players (averages) but of course each sport has their "speed demons", and the average person here picls the NFL'ers because thats all you know, you have no clue or C. Ronaldos 40 times, so you a.ssume it aint s#$t compared to Vick and Hall...

Let me shine some wisdom on yall real quick.....

NFL about 32 teams about 55 players per roster ~1760 players

Soccer (20 teams per 1st division times only just leagues from only six countries about 26 men per roster) ~3100 players THIS IS ONLY PLAYERS FROM 1ST DIVISIONS IN ONLY 6 COUNTRIES (not including players from Africa--anyone see Ghana play?)....you telling me there are no soccer players from from the rest of the world who can compete with the almighty NFL players....grow up thats stupidity.....yall think that the 1700 men in the NFL are faster than the rest of the world (because thats who plays soccer)....please
 07-06-2006, 06:32 PM         #103
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

U made a good point my n*gga....

lemme think about that :rolleyes:
 11 years ago '06        #104
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
....its also a great point as to why no one should be picking soccer too

heres what we know....the quickets nflers are on pace speed wise with olympians. altho we a.ssume quickness in every sport...without raw facts its tough to a.ssume.

plus soccer players bodies are built more for stamina than sprints. majority anyway. there are not too many soccer players that are built like a 100m sprinter. whereas in football there are tons of these types cuz they're in the weight rooms everyday and workin on their upper bodies just as much as their legs, etc.
 07-06-2006, 06:47 PM         #105
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
soccer players dont really train for speed they train for quickness. if you had a futbol` player and a football player line up and run a 40 the footballer would win but in certain athletic tasks that include agility and side to side motions (like those needed in a soccer game) the soccer player would have a hell of a chance

thas right tho, nfl players acceleration times are on track with olympians, the best of the entire earth....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way, and we all kno the nfl stand for "n*gga fu*kin large" cause pro football is 75-80% black and we physically dominate every sport we have played and are coming for the rest (chris rock said it, not me)
 07-06-2006, 06:56 PM         #106
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look @ this 2 see how fast soccer players in the prem are

here are some quotes:

Louis Saha is a sub 10 second 100 metre man

Henry's power as he is at his prime would win the day, especially between 60m and 100m. Walcott ran 11.5 at school. Henry, ran 10.7 last year.
 11 years ago '06        #107
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
^^ u realize those are forums right?

i believe the henry one....but the sub 10 seconds claims are very suspect....need websites that have more trusted sources than a forum.
 11 years ago '05        #108
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 Nemisis2k5 said:
Thierry Henry has ran 100m in 10.1 seconds. Theo Walcott has ran the 100m in 10 seconds. Thats the only 2 I know about because they play for the team I support.

Soccre players >>>>
Not sure about Walcott but Henry sounds about right considering Dennis Rommedahl can do the 100m in around 10.2.......& the world record is what, 9.77? And given that there's a bunch of players who are in the same bracket such as Agahowa, Bellamy, Camara etc it's point proven.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 07-06-2006 at 07:33 PM..
 07-06-2006, 09:03 PM         #109
v_nwankwo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kenny said:
most of these people never played a day of soccer in their life but they seem so sure of themselves, the question was who is faster? soccer players or nfl players and the answer is soccer players because I've played both sport and I say this because in soccer from the defense to the offense is fast in football I'll give it to the rbs, dbs and safetys but thats where it stops, I was the fastest person on my freshman football team in high school and I had been playing soccer my whole life and they tried to make me a rb. If the question would have been who is stronger then it would be nfl players

co-sign Played both sports. Switched to football my junior year in high scholl and i was the fastest person on the team. Meanwhile i was just average on the soccer field. Soccer players are definitely much faster and because of the stamina they can run fast for long periods.DB's and WR are fast as well but they lack the stamina compared to soccer players
 11 years ago '04        #110
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,497 | Props total: 6073 6073
when u have d hall in da league u cant go wrong :D
 11 years ago '06        #111
YoungScott 
space
space
$357 | Props total: 0 0
i think football players are faster but soccer players can run much longer
 11 years ago '04        #112
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
Agahowa>>>D. hall
 11 years ago '04        #113
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,336 | Props total: 11377 11377
I bet most NFL skills guys and DB's are way faster than the fastest soccer players. Remember, these n*ggas wear big a.ss pads and are still blazing fast.
 11 years ago '04        #114
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 1000bluntz said:
I bet most NFL skills guys and DB's are way faster than the fastest soccer players. Remember, these n*ggas wear big a.ss pads and are still blazing fast.
remember soccer players also have to dribble and protect da ball....
 11 years ago '04        #115
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
dont u guys realise that both sports have amzingly fast athletes, to act like you know for sure the top five nfl'ers would beat the top five in the premiership is just a.ssuming

i think we have to acknowledge taht both spots draw world class athletes, alotta ppl namin nfl stars when they dont know sh*t about soccer

how about henry, eto!!, odonkar, walcott,c.ronaldo just to name a few....?

i can only a.ssume just because football players have more short burst explosive traning that they would be better with the sprints...
 07-06-2006, 10:54 PM         #116
LookAtTheWheelz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Darell Green faster than any soccer player..

In college he ran the 2nd fastest 100m dash of that year .. 1st was Carl Lewis

You think anybody who plays soccer is faster than Carl Lewis???
 07-07-2006, 01:49 AM         #117
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:

aww sh*t. owned. 4.2 what?!? check the stop watch!!! superman has arrived!!!!
 07-07-2006, 01:56 AM         #118
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and were not talkin about how fast u are when u play your sport. we are talking about lining up and running a straight out 100 yard time (40 is for acceleration 100 is for speed) so take the pads off and nfl players become even faster. soccer players, take the ball away and they might trip...

soccer speed is different than nfl speed. nfl players use pure speed in a game, beating a db over the top, chasing a widerciever and taking him out... soccer players never really run full out fast because they are trying to stay in sync with the ball... (you dont wanna get too ahead of yourself and leave the ball behind) and so they dont really train for straight out speed although they may have more lower body quickness, i admit that.
 07-07-2006, 01:58 AM         #119
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHOWTIME said:
....football players have more short burst explosive traning (that) they would be better with the sprints...
ookay you cvan stop there and delete the rest of the post
 07-07-2006, 01:59 AM         #120
Tempus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MysticKJ said:
Retard...first off blacks play soccer, second of all...retard....do u think that only blacks can play basketball as well? and that ni**as cant be doctors? from under what rock did you crawl?
Is there more white people playing soccer than black? And is there more black people playing football than white?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy