Who is faster? Soccer Players vs NFL Players

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is faster?
Soccer Players 52 46.85%
NFL Players 59 53.15%
Voters: 111. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-05-2006, 04:01 PM         #81
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:

deion once ran the 40 in 4.06 seconds.....ben johnson...who famously broke the 100m world record in the 80's at 9.86...his 40 time in that race was clocked at 4.3 somethin.....ponder that sh*t for a little while
Deion never ran a 4.06, nobody in the world can run that nonsense..

Most scouts had him at 4.2x-4.28, he was officially timed at a LEGIT 4.25 or some sh*t...

I'll take Deion, Bob Hayes, Bo Jackson, & Darrell Green in a mile relay all day...
(ya fools are lookin into it too hard with comparing offensive/defensive linemens)
 11 years ago '06        #82
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
^^ u clearly missed the post i made after showin the link where i got it from and sayin it didn't mean i neccesarily believed it
 07-05-2006, 04:04 PM         #83
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
^^ u clearly missed the post i made after showin the link where i got it from and sayin it didn't mean i neccesarily believed it
sorry, didnt feel like reading all of the pages
 07-05-2006, 04:27 PM         #84
DTEST  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think everyone here is missing the point...

In the U.S., the best athletes in the country play football and basketball. Naturally, these athletes will be the strongest and fastest and will apply it to the sport they choose.

In almost every other nation in the world, the best athletes in the country play soccer. Again, these athletes will be the strongest and fastest.

That being said, the training is unique for both sports and for every position. In football, speed is vital in a lot of positions and you'll find a lot of very fast players on the football field. In soccer, being fast is important, but being able to sustain fitness over an hour and a half is more important.

In general, soccer players will be slower than the fastest football players because of that stamina. In order to have such endurance, soccer players must recruit more slow twitch fibers. While their fast twitch fibers will be very well developed as well and they are undoubtedly fast, football players have an advantage since they focus more on power and speed and thus recruit more fast twitch fibers.
 11 years ago '06        #85
realgunta 703 heat pts703
space
space
$20,498 | Props total: 16262 16262
i play soccer and i would say soccer players are faster, but bear in mind that NFL players are bigger in size than soccer players so you cant help but admire the fact that guys so hugs can get up to those speeds.
 11 years ago '04        #86
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
yall see football players run on the field as fast as they do wit bout 15 pounds of pads on if u include the helmet, knock that off & put em in shorts & a shirt like soccer players, they be faster from anywhere between id say bout 10 - 75 yds. then the soccer player would pull ahead just cuz of his stamina/endurance
 07-05-2006, 05:28 PM         #87
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
casper i was kjust about to say that... props

i know that sh*t be slowin me down on game day:applause:
 07-05-2006, 05:29 PM         #88
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
close thread. casper spoke da truth
 11 years ago '05        #89
JaYelL 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,906 | Props total: 2727 2727
yea i run track and we got madd football n*ggas on our team..no soccer cats so i gotta say nfl n*ggas. also alot of them hold highschool and college records
 11 years ago '05        #90
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
put it this way....the fastest corner or wide receiver...is faster than the fastest soccer player.....xavier carter for LSu ran the 100 pretty much at 10 flat......there arent that many if nay soccer playes doing that or clsoe to that
 07-05-2006, 05:50 PM         #91
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sheeed said:
put it this way....the fastest corner or wide receiver...is faster than the fastest soccer player.....xavier carter for LSu ran the 100 pretty much at 10 flat......there arent that many if nay soccer playes doing that or clsoe to that
DAMN!!!! 10 flat?!? how you go 100yards in 10 seconds?!?:wow: :wow:
 07-05-2006, 05:52 PM         #92
Tempus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PrimetimePlayer said:
DAMN!!!! 10 flat?!? how you go 100yards in 10 seconds?!?:wow: :wow:
meters
 11 years ago '05        #93
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
Unfair question..
If you take all NFL Players against all soccer players, soccer would be far faster... There is now way this question is fair....NFL Lineman would skew the NFL results, and you cant just take the rbs, dbs and wrs....what kind of a comparison is the fastest positions in the NFL versus all soccer players....If you take just the fastest positions from the NFL, then take just the fastest positions from soccer as well...which isnt really gonna work because all soccer players are fast at every position, you cant be slow in soccer because ur size cant make up for a lack of speed, ALL positions of soccer require speed because everyone handles the ball, not just the same 4-5 guys every time...if this poll went up anywhere else in the world it would be overwhelming for soccer players....this is obvious, soccer players have better stamina, speed and are overall better physical condition than football players... If you think im wrong, name any football player other than the ones who have played soccer that can run around for 2- 45 minute halves, no timeouts, no plays that last 7 seconds tops.... If you think soccer players look fast on the field during a game, how fast do you think they would look if they got to take plays off and go back to a huddle and rest about 13 secs between each play, or go chill on the sideline for a series or two.......I saw mention of Mike Vick and D'Angelo Hall, they are fast as hell, no doubt....but dont say they are faster than soccer players because you dont know which soccer players are known for being fast...There are people all over this world just as fast and some faster than those two....you dont know them because the money maker everywhere else in the world is "football" not football....Id like to see D'Angelo Hall and Mike Vick go out there for 90 minutes and just scramble all day...for 90 minutes and then try and look as fast as Cristiano Ronaldo....i betcha after 90 minutes they wont look as fast as C. Ronaldo w/ball and them without
 11 years ago '05        #94
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Tempus said:
im not trying to be racist, its just a known fact that black players are just faster and more athletic. Most of the time

Retard...first off blacks play soccer, second of all...retard....do u think that only blacks can play basketball as well? and that ni**as cant be doctors? from under what rock did you crawl?
 07-05-2006, 06:23 PM         #95
DBLOCK1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No Doubt Both Sports Have PLayers Who Quick As Hell

But Id Give Thierry Henry And Soccer Players Like Him At Least A 50/50 Chance Against Any1
 11 years ago '05        #96
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Sheeed said:
how the hell do you know what soccer players run? from what NCAA office did you get your stats? Oh yeah, most soccer stars in other countries dont go to college, they go pro, so you didnt get stats from the NCAA? you must be taking a guess, because it isnt an educated guess....this argument cant be solved with ignorance, no one can prove either way all you can do is a.ssume...

the only reasons i hear for football players being faster is they are black (???), buffer (its not about brute size is about the response you get from your muscle twitch - even so the average soccer player is mad ripped)in my high school (its only high school but im only comparing to high school as well) i was defintely the fastest and top 5 strength and i played soccer not football, so dont sleep on soccer players because you arent familiar with the sport...ive been involved in both and it doesnt take a genius to see that the NFL is full of average speed guys with each team having a speedster or two.....the whole soccer team is full of speedsters and then some are extremely fast....watch more soccer and see a dude make a 50 yard counterattack with ball control...

Last edited by MysticKJ; 07-05-2006 at 06:27 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #97
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
^^yeah but we talkin fastest at each sport....clearly theres some of the slowest guys in sports in the NFL. they're also over 300 pounds. again...we talkin fastest of NFL, versus the fastest of premiership or whatever league.
 07-06-2006, 09:25 AM         #98
POMP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nfl players are best athletes in the world if u ask me
 07-06-2006, 11:12 AM         #99
words  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tthe average soccer player is faster than the average nfl player...lot of nfl players might be faster though
 07-06-2006, 02:59 PM         #100
PrimetimePlayer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 words said:
tthe average soccer player is faster than the average nfl player...lot of nfl players might be faster though
Change that word to Are

and u get props. he summed it up. :applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago