most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is faster?
Soccer Players 52 46.85%
NFL Players 59 53.15%
Voters: 111. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-05-2006, 06:21 AM         #61
LookAtTheWheelz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
nope but u sed he wont b fast with a broken leg which is a stupid comment obviously he will b wen he recovers
Your a.ssuming he is gonna recover.. And your also taking my comment wayyyyy too seriously..
 11 years ago '06        #62
anynameado 
space
space
$3,680 | Props total: 26 26
 LookAtTheWheelz said:
Whats a typo? You wrote 5 instead of 11?

WHATS A TYPO. :applause: :applause: THAT QUESTION IS FUNNY
 11 years ago '06        #63
anynameado 
space
space
 LookAtTheWheelz said:
On average soccer is faster but the fastest NFL players are faster than the fastest soccer players..

The more you run (stamina) doesnt make you faster.. Dudes who run the NYC marathon arent winning any sprints.. There is a difference between speed and endurance.. Soccer for the most part is endurance.. Being a wideout or a db is Speed..
OH WELL I THOUGHT RUNNING MADE YOU FAST I GUESS I WAS WRONG
 07-05-2006, 09:04 AM         #64
pennstatebolt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would say soccer players. soccer is an extremely demanding sport and its non stop running. you have to be fast in the shape of your life to even compete.
 07-05-2006, 09:18 AM         #65
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nfl they may be a bit faster, but look at the endurance.
soccer players hit the field and play for 90 minutes, only one break. they never stop moving.
football, the game is 60 minutes, but a single player isnt on the field more than half the time. they stop after every play, and have quarters and half breaks, time outs and players switch on and off field all the time.
 07-05-2006, 09:43 AM         #66
kenny  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
see what's funny is, in football they time themselves running in soccer they don't, so u can never know how fast a soccer play runs, my brother plays football he is a full back and am a forward on a soccer team and I can burn him running backwards, and there was this defender that burnt me all the time and he never runned a day of track in his life, so am just gonna say u can't really answer this question until soccer players start timing their run
 11 years ago '04        #67
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,873 | Props total: 74 74
 M-Style said:
he kinda made that sound like it was a proven fact!
It IS a proven fact. A lot of football players could we world class sprinters, and were track stars at the high school or collegiate level. They're easily fster, while soccer players may be fast, but are more trained for distance
 07-05-2006, 10:00 AM         #68
Nemisis2k5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thierry Henry has ran 100m in 10.1 seconds. Theo Walcott has ran the 100m in 10 seconds. Thats the only 2 I know about because they play for the team I support.

Soccre players >>>>
 11 years ago '04        #69
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,873 | Props total: 74 74
 anynameado said:
OH WELL I THOUGHT RUNNING MADE YOU FAST I GUESS I WAS WRONG
It definitely doesn't homie, just running during cross country season doesn't make you any faster. it's the sprinter based drills during track, like running 10 or 20 forty yard dashes as fast as possible that builds the muscle memory and fast twitch muscles that actually makes you faster/quicker. now i know there are a lot of fast soccer players, but aint no one touching some1 like a deion
 11 years ago '06        #70
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
lol....again to bring this point up...cuz why no ones addressing it i don't know...

olympic sprinters....maurice green, donovan bailey, michael johnson, etc etc etc....they're all built and are fairly big guys esp upper body and obviously their legs.

soccer players its very rare to find someone so big up top, or built like that. most of the ARE fit...i'm not debating that, and are ripped. but most are NOT big and fit as in huge chest, huge pipes, etc.

whereas football players are, db's and wr's....sh*t look at the man in my avy even...guys a physical specimen. there is a much higher prcentage of built big ripped players at WR, or DB then there are on the pitch in a soccer match. might be 1 or 2 guys that are big upper body's yet ripped too.

no ones questioning ON AVERAGE...soccer players are faster, cuz ur accounting for fat a.sses like linemen etc. we only talkin bout wr's and db's.

and i'ma take a db over any soccer player anyday...pretty much all of them were track stars in high school...well the ones selected in the first few rounds anyway.
 07-05-2006, 11:17 AM         #71
Username06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Black people are faster than white people.
 11 years ago '06        #72
anynameado 
space
space
 Username06 said:
Black people are faster than white people.

what does this have to do with anything
 07-05-2006, 02:10 PM         #73
Tempus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 anynameado said:

what does this have to do with anything
How many black people do you see playing soccer. Then how many do you see playing football
 07-05-2006, 02:12 PM         #74
nyykid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I bet most soccer players run as fast as most tight ends or Outside Linebackers in the NFL, but nobody in the NFL could run for as long as they do in soccer
 07-05-2006, 02:16 PM         #75
Mike Blitz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus said:
How many black people do you see playing soccer. Then how many do you see playing football

What you trying to say?
 07-05-2006, 02:18 PM         #76
Tempus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mike Blitz said:
What you trying to say?
im not trying to be racist, its just a known fact that black players are just faster and more athletic. Most of the time
 11 years ago '05        #77
ajmac10 
space
space
$445 | Props total: 0 0
A lot of black people play soccer actually
 11 years ago '04        #78
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,808 | Props total: 703 703
you cant really understand how fast soccer players are til u have actually played both
shootar-the whole thing about being ripped has nothing to do with them being so much faster

i know this doesnt count for everyone, but i played soccer for like 4 or 5 years when i was younger and in junior high i was one of the faster sprinters in the county and the fastest kid on our fball team QB-WR-DB, fastest kid in the county was at my skool, he played soccer and in 9th grade he ran a 11.1 100m
all state RB this year at our skool (fastest kid on fball team) got his speed from soccer when he was younger
all state WR last year (fastest then) played soccer all through JR high

i would say soccer players are right on average with WRs and DBs
 07-05-2006, 03:46 PM         #79
Sheem228  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 goke11429 said:
@ da question....

Fact:i'll take my chances with any position on the soccer field could run faster than every kicker/punter/linemen/some rb/some qbs

Fact:there's more faster soccer players than football players

don't forget that soccer players are also dribbling and protecting the ball while running, while someone in the nfl is holding the ball using their arms and hand.
close thread

Mike Vick -- Reggie Bush -- Michael Bennet --- Warrick Dunn

Are you guys serious??? NFL players in the "Specials positions" (RB-QB-WR-DB-LB) are faster than soccar players. I'll put Steve Smith, Tory Holt- Deion (in his prime) -- Michael Vick -- And Reggie Bush againt the best Soccar has to offer. And they aren't even the faster players just the stars that stand out. Few years ago Cowboys had a WR who ran a 4 flat in the 40 and less than a 10 in the 100. No one ever heard of him because he can't catch for sh*t.

Quick question though. How many of you actually played football or soccar? And i dont mean on the streets of in H.S. because that don't mean sh*t.
 11 years ago '06        #80
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 rikedizzle said:
shootar-the whole thing about being ripped has nothing to do with them being so much faster

it definetly does man....its no coincidence. in order to pump that fast and at the same time cut through the air without bein held back much by resistance...you need muscular strength and a great upper body just as much as lower body. u'll NEVER see a 100m champion skinny or not ripped, esp in the upper body. matter of fact....every olympics, the 8 guys runnin in the final all have big upper bodies. take a look at the last decades champions. they're all big/ripped.

skinnier folk run the longer distance races, 1500's, the 3000's and up, etc. I remember back in HS. i was a top cross country runner near the beginning of HS, end of elementary school. then late HS i realized i didn't have the body type for it....you needed to be real skinny to succeed at these races. My body type wasn't efficient enough for cross country competively nemore.

its the reverse with sprinting. skinny guys might be able to make it thru early HS, or even later on....but in terms of world wide, international, best of the best....they won't survive.

Last edited by SHootar; 07-05-2006 at 03:56 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy