Who is faster? Soccer Players vs NFL Players

most viewed right now
 76
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 46
Ol Boy Was Play Fightin Wit His Girl And Then This Happened
41 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
93 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Who is faster?
Soccer Players 52 46.85%
NFL Players 59 53.15%
Voters: 111. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-05-2006, 12:19 AM         #21
experience_it  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rikedizzle said:
id say they are close to the same
the faster soccer players are prob as fast as WRs and DBs
Nah, they're not close, football players are faster.

Put them in a sprint and it wouldn't be close to the same.
 12 years ago '05        #22
Chicano_Flow 
space
avatar space
space
$1,695 | Props total: 40 40
Soccer players, cuz there legs is what they focus on exercising. To score a goal with high speed they need to train there legs to the max, they play for 90 + minutes just running back and forth.They need strong legs to last tha long and to kick the ball with high speeds.
 07-05-2006, 12:27 AM         #23
kenny  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most of these people never played a day of soccer in their life but they seem so sure of themselves, the question was who is faster? soccer players or nfl players and the answer is soccer players because I've played both sport and I say this because in soccer from the defense to the offense is fast in football I'll give it to the rbs, dbs and safetys but thats where it stops, I was the fastest person on my freshman football team in high school and I had been playing soccer my whole life and they tried to make me a rb. If the question would have been who is stronger then it would be nfl players
 07-05-2006, 12:29 AM         #24
LookAtTheWheelz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On average soccer players are a lot faster.. But the fastest of the NFL are faster than the fastest soccer players.. Just look at the people who run the 100m dash they look like wide recievers not soccer players..
 12 years ago '04        #25
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,257 | Props total: 12 12
 Chicano_Flow said:
Soccer players, cuz there legs is what they focus on exercising. To score a goal with high speed they need to train there legs to the max, they play for 90 + minutes just running back and forth.They need strong legs to last tha long and to kick the ball with high speeds.
just based strength=football players
speed=soccer players, simply because there's a higher percentage of faster soccer players than football players...it's usually non stop,plus they also have to pace themselves dribling and protecting the ball plays a factor to their speed....there are some freak linemen(peppers,abraham....etc who could catch most rb's and wr's)

stupid question btw...it's like asking whose stronger a boxer or a wrestler


 LookAtTheWheelz said:
On average soccer players are a lot faster.. But the fastest of the NFL are faster than the fastest soccer players.. Just look at the people who run the 100m dash they look like wide recievers not soccer players..
same with football

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah

[pic - click to view]



Last edited by goke11429; 07-05-2006 at 12:41 AM..
 07-05-2006, 12:33 AM         #26
ledyardfinest07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think soccer cause they be runnin 45 mins a half thats 45 straight mins a half wit no timeouts come on now and to run up an down a field is crazy i give it to soccer
 07-05-2006, 01:22 AM         #27
LookAtTheWheelz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ledyardfinest07 said:
i think soccer cause they be runnin 45 mins a half thats 45 straight mins a half wit no timeouts come on now and to run up an down a field is crazy i give it to soccer
Thats stamina not speed..
 07-05-2006, 01:32 AM         #28
LookAtTheWheelz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 goke11429 said:

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah
Im not saying they arent fit enough.. Im just saying they arent as fast as people who train for bursts of speed like WR or DB.. Alot of these players even ran track in college...Darrell Green faster than any soccer player ever..believe..
 12 years ago '04        #29
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,991 | Props total: 7583 7583
 goke11429 said:
just based strength=football players
speed=soccer players, simply because there's a higher percentage of faster soccer players than football players...it's usually non stop,plus they also have to pace themselves dribling and protecting the ball plays a factor to their speed....there are some freak linemen(peppers,abraham....etc who could catch most rb's and wr's)

stupid question btw...it's like asking whose stronger a boxer or a wrestler




same with football

u could look at samuel eto'o tell me he's not fit enough to play in the nfl or run 100 meter

or steven appiah

[pic - click to view]

I agree with you this is a dumb question kinda but

How many players are on the firld for Soccer 5 at at time? Im not for sure But speed spots on the Football field are on Offense
WR = 2
RB = 1
FB = 1
TE = 1 (sometimes 2)

On Defense you have
LB = 2-3
FS = 1
SS = 2
DB = 2

so the percentage of "speedy" people on the field is about the same right?
But honestly your hit on the head by saying "This is like saying who's stronger a Boxer or a Wrestler"

Speed relies on the individual...not the sport that person is playing
 12 years ago '06        #30
anynameado 
space
avatar space
space
$3,769 | Props total: 106 106
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get


Last edited by anynameado; 07-05-2006 at 02:06 AM..
 12 years ago '06        #31
anynameado 
space
avatar space
space
$3,769 | Props total: 106 106
 experience_it said:
Ben Johnson broke the record using steroids.
And I highly doubt Sanders ran that fast.
PRIMETIME RAN THAT WHEN HE WAS PLAYING FOR THE FALCONS OR AT THE SCOUTIN COMBINE
 12 years ago '06        #32
anynameado 
space
avatar space
space
$3,769 | Props total: 106 106
 experience_it said:
Nah, they're not close, football players are faster.

Put them in a sprint and it wouldn't be close to the same.
YEAH OK LET ANY SOCCER PLAYER AND A NFL CENTER RACE AND LETS SEE WHO WIN
 07-05-2006, 02:13 AM         #33
LookAtTheWheelz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:

How many players are on the firld for Soccer 5 at at time?
Either I dont know what your trying to say or your an idiot..
 12 years ago '04        #34
SHOWTIME 
space
avatar space
space
$4,275 | Props total: 13 13
obviously the question was'nt worded right, if you factor in every position on the field and create averages of the whole team, then soccer players got this one by miles

but if you take the fastest of both sports, then i think its pretty damn close and you would have to be ignorant/biased/foolish (choose one) to try and say someone like odonkar from germany cant keep up with someone in the nfl, cus you just dont know...

we need actual sprint times, not some hand timed 40's or speculative a.ssumptions, the fastest soccer players have amazing 100m times just like the fastest nfl'ers,

but if i had to, id take the nfl's fastest over soccers fastest just cus their training focuses more so on explosiveness then on endurance
 07-05-2006, 02:16 AM         #35
LookAtTheWheelz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 anynameado said:
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get
On average soccer is faster but the fastest NFL players are faster than the fastest soccer players..

The more you run (stamina) doesnt make you faster.. Dudes who run the NYC marathon arent winning any sprints.. There is a difference between speed and endurance.. Soccer for the most part is endurance.. Being a wideout or a db is Speed..
 12 years ago '05        #36
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,317 | Props total: 3750 3750
soccer easily i run a 4.4 and there are players faster then me on the field
 07-05-2006, 02:59 AM         #37
Mike Blitz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can I now pick neither of them. I bring forth another sport.

Rugby Union, 15 stone guys (minus or plus a few stone), destroy both of them, these have to always be at a line to recieve the ball. Theres no waiting around to get your breath back cause that would leave open a space for opposition to get past, they have high endurance and speed.
 12 years ago '04        #38
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,991 | Props total: 7583 7583
 anynameado said:
For All The People That Said Nfl Player Yall Stupid. You Gotta Think About It, The Nfl Have Players That Are 300+ Pounds And Aint Nobody Who Play Soccer Weigh That Much. And On Top Of That They Be Runnin Thru The Whole Game, And The More You Run The Faster You Get
No your the stupid one for making that a.ssumption just because of there weight and the sport they play....
they have 300 pound linemen yes but, what about the REST of the team? Mainly only Offensive linemen are that big...hell actually there are 300 pound linemen that YOU couldn't outrun.

They have linemen who run 5 minute miles and 4.5 to 4.8 40 yard dash times
it's not uncommon at all...
 12 years ago '04        #39
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,991 | Props total: 7583 7583
 Mike Blitz said:
Can I now pick neither of them. I bring forth another sport.

Rugby Union, 15 stone guys (minus or plus a few stone), destroy both of them, these have to always be at a line to recieve the ball. Theres no waiting around to get your breath back cause that would leave open a space for opposition to get past, they have high endurance and speed.
OH HELL NO...
Rugby guys ain't nuthing but LineBackers and Saftey's ...not to knock them but Football guys are easily more athletic overall ...I'd put

Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas,Joey Porter,Troy Pomomalu (sp), and John Lynch,
against ANY group of Rugby Players and watch them get sonned..

Oh and why do people think that American Football players have no endurance?
 12 years ago '04        #40
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,991 | Props total: 7583 7583
 LookAtTheWheelz said:
Either I dont know what your trying to say or your an idiot..
it's a simple typo and your obviously the idiot if you can't figure out what I said...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 30
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
76 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
May 20 - gas is now $3 a gallon on average
109 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Nissan GTR with 3300HP
6 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy