Self Pass Rules In Basketball??

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Tom Savage concussion makes clear that NFL's protocol has major issues
12 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11 years ago '04        #21
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,278 | Props total: 3809 3809
 cashrules93 said:
all i know is we never call it "self pass"..... its traveling

or "yo travel travel"
yeah basically...we either say, body dis, traveling or foul
 11 years ago '05        #22
KingCapo 
space
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 94 94
That sh*t was self....or dis off the body.
 07-03-2006, 04:56 PM         #23
R Dubb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that will never happen
 11 years ago '04        #24
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 Dtowns_Answer said:
only thing that pisses me off is when i drive and some idiot bumps me i still throw it up and they have the nerve to call a fu*kin travel...2 steps n*gga... damn.....but yea self pass....

2 steps? what the fu*k ball you play you get one step AFTER you catch the ball NOT two...

peep the official rules...

Section XIV-Traveling
a. A player who receives the ball while standing still may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot.
b. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may use a two-count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball.
The first count occurs:
(1) As he receives the ball, if either foot is touching the floor at the time he receives it.
(2) As the foot touches the floor, or as both feet touch the floor simultane- ously after he receives the ball, if both feet are off the floor when he receives it.
The second occurs:
(1) After the count of one when either foot touches the floor, or both feet touch the floor simultaneously.
c. A player who comes to a stop on the count of one may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot.
d. A player who comes to a stop on the count of two, with one foot in advance of the other, may pivot using only the rear foot as the pivot foot.
e. A player who comes to a stop on the count of two, with neither foot in advance of the other, may use either foot as the pivot foot.
f. In starting a dribble after (1) receiving the ball while standing still, or (2) coming to a legal stop, the ball must be out of the player's hand before the pivot foot is raised off the floor.
g. If a player, with the ball in his possession, raises his pivot foot off the floor, he must pass or shoot before his pivot foot returns to the floor. If he drops the ball while in the air, he may not be the first to touch the ball.
h. A player who falls to the floor while holding the ball, or while coming to a stop, may not gain an advantage by sliding.
i. A player who attempts a field goal may not be the first to touch the ball if it fails to touch the backboard, basket ring or another player.
PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the sideline, nearest spot of the violation but no nearer the baseline than the foul line extended.
 11 years ago '05        #25
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
 youngbron23 said:
isnt it legal that IF THE BALL GOES OVER THE RIM and then u catch it ??? like if u attempt a layup but u dont hit anything but da ball goes over da rim and then u happen to catch it on da other side, i always thought dat was legal , but anything else if a selfpass
LMFAO who the fu*k is missing like that?
 11 years ago '05        #26
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 sheppdizzle said:
in some high schools its legal
if you shoot it and catch it after it touches nothing, it is self-pass or travel in organized ball. sh*t should be by no means legal anywhere but in 21.
 07-04-2006, 02:55 AM         #27
DirtyHarry 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you and your friend need to stop playing if you didnt eveen know that/
 07-04-2006, 03:30 AM         #28
GarciaS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what about when a player hits the ball off the backboard to themselves and then catches it and dunks it like t-mac did in that all-star game? isn't that a self pass? or the plays where they throw the ball in the air and then catch up to it and dunk it. isn't that a self pass too? and these were not called violations in the NBA so I'm curious if anybody knows what the ruling is on something like that
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
49 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc