squad up!

It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '06        #1
11796 page views
59 comments

pimpinatl 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 0 0
It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer

'Gillie Da Kid has finally stepped up in a recent report and admitted to doing some ghostwriting for Lil’ Wayne. In a report by MTV, Gillie stated that he did some writing for Lil’ Wayne on the New Orleans rapper’s Tha Carter 1 album. He denied doing anything on Tha Carter 2, which I think is the better of the two. But, Wayne’s reps say that its all a crock of BS and Gillie’s a liar.' GOT THIS FROM ALLHIPHOP.COM. what have the world coming to when the 'kobe bryant of rap' has a ghost writer.image

59 comments for "It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer"

06-26-2006, 12:29 PM         #2
The Mighty Joe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gilly been saying this sh*t...on underground philly dvd's...
he been gettin paid behind the scenes writing that n*gga's album....

12 years ago '05        #3
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,514 | Props total: 51 51
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?

06-26-2006, 12:32 PM         #4
The Mighty Joe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8 outta Cuse said
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?

Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth

12 years ago '05        #5
wr8201 
space
space
$5,895 | Props total: 4 4
i would hope he was writin for him cuz he was there for awhile and never came out

12 years ago '05        #6
space
space
 The Mighty Joe said
Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth

no way in hell

12 years ago '05        #7
space
space
and even if he was. .wayne wrote the whole carter 2 which was his best anyways so we all know dude can spit

12 years ago '04        #8
gunits50cent187 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,644 | Props total: 1991 1991
lyrically ... Gillie > wayne

12 years ago '06        #9
kmstokes 
space
space
$11,172 | Props total: 2161 2161
It could be tru cuz the n*gga did step his game up big time lyrically on the Carter 1

Give props and they shall be returned

12 years ago '05        #10
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,832 | Props total: 20 20
Lol He Compared Himself To Peyton Manning/michael Jordan/ And Now Kobe?

06-26-2006, 01:03 PM         #11
rkn0720 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn i hope thats not true...because I was starting to think he wasa good rapper...o well

12 years ago '04        #12
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 2 2
everybody knew gil was writin for him, u listen to em & compare em just imagine gil wit a southern accent the sh*t'd be identicle, how the hell u think gil stil makin money?? u think he actually got a reg 9-5 job??? nah, he aint no real pusha, that was the rest of MF, yet he stay iced up how is that?? he writin for weezy, how else would u be happy behind the scenes for like 5 years

12 years ago '05        #13
FriscoBoss 
space
space
$2,926 | Props total: 20 20
he needs a new ghost writer his albums are lyrical heaping mounds of excrement

12 years ago '05        #14
space
space
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater

06-26-2006, 01:14 PM         #15
rkn0720 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8 outta Cuse said
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater
yo im a fan of wayne...but don't all da clues seem to point to that? im definitly not hatin because I dont even know if its true

12 years ago '05        #16
Proofbreal 
space
space
$1,275 | Props total: 615 615
everybodys got a ghostwriter people just need the help from time to time

06-26-2006, 01:24 PM         #17
newdude313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be nasty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week.

SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the n*gga was jsut around pitchen ideas ...

Last edited by newdude313; 06-26-2006 at 01:27 PM..

06-26-2006, 01:31 PM         #18
rkn0720 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 newdude313 said
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be nasty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the n*gga was jsut around pitchen ideas ...
yea makes sense

12 years ago '05        #19
darick 
space
space
space
$387 | Props total: 319 319
Well I guess Gillie was just tired of just sitting in the background not saying nothing and getting no respect. He Said a in interviews before that he was ghost writing for people. It makes sense to me I can tell the difference from 500 degrees to da carter1. I mean he probably didnt help write da carter2 but alot artist have a little help here and there.

12 years ago '04        #20
Adam A 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,519 | Props total: 87 87
I think wayne is the sh*t, but this is all funny considering he says he never writes anything down.

12 years ago '06        #21
anseltmchs 5 heat pts
space
space
$601 | Props total: 150 150
 Adam A said
I think wayne is the sh*t, but this is all funny considering he says he never writes anything down.
i was thinking te same thing, but...

yall gotta realize that wayne was k!lling those sq mixtapes and everytime he was on rap city he k!lled it. i don't need to hear any more albums from wayne, he has proved himself to be a above average mc years ago. i respect that dude for spiting good lyrics.

12 years ago '05        #22
boondocz 
space
space
$808 | Props total: 0 0
GDK really just helped Wayne with his flow development. He didn't sit and write whole songs for Wayne. More like help him revise the sh*t he wrote. Like telling him instead of saying this...why don't you take them two words out and put this in....Or say this line like that instead of this.

That's what part of ghostwriting is also.

And in one of his interviews awhile back he basically said the same sh*t.

12 years ago '06        #23
pimpinatl 1 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 0 0
 newdude313 said

stupid look...read the sentence u posted '"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne." he gave wayne credit for cater 2 but said holla at me for carter 1. do u really need him to break it down for you. its called information..take from it what you may ding dong. dont hate the messager..hate the message.

12 years ago '04        #24
..AMARU.. 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,306 | Props total: 1115 1115
wayne is real good
at people trying to say he doesnt write his own lyrics cause they mad he is good

06-26-2006, 02:04 PM         #25
Tek-Delorean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MTV.com said
Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today.
that sh*t is hilarious

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LA Legend Nipsey Hussle ALMOST JUMP INTO THE LAKERS MALEE BRAWL FIGHT ..
52 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mental Illness is real...fathers raise your daughter's...etc 🤢
36 comments
3 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA 2 Game In & LeBron Already ALIENATED HIS LA Teammates After BRAWL, He Cudd..
54 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Rondo did spit in Chris Paul's face, he wipes his face before going at Ron..
105 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
59 comments
12 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Tall thick and fit....maaan look @ dem thighs
14 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Carmelo confirms Rondo spit on CP3
23 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Lil Tay Being Abused?
34 comments
6 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Rondo’s family member confronts Chris Paul’s wife
32 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Chuck and Shaq warned Rondo about how dangerous Chris Paul is
11 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Billy and 6ix9ine officially beefing
37 comments
10 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
21 comments
10 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NBA Future Superstar Luka Donicic With A Sick 26 Points
3 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kim K West Goes Topless On New Magazine Cover
26 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
323 comments
13 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Was Melo The One Who Actually Hit CP3 With Spit??
19 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
26 comments
13 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside She taking a bi-ch's nigga, big booty style
4 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cardi B Needs Help With Post-Baby Body
31 comments
12 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA It NOT OVER: Rondo Family BEAT UP CHRIS PAUL WIFE After ALTERCATION LEAVIN..
3 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
2Cold
Flex Luger
BLACK FIST
SubConscious
BigBallerLavar
Stuart Scott
Good Guy Ry
!!!
strungout
Skateboard T
Top 10 most slapped recently
BigBallerLavar
NinetyThree94
Flex Luger
two-face
1000bluntz
Tempus1
TommyD
blah blah blah
LateModelSedan
TaxStoneCooked

most viewed right now
online now  17
BREAKING: AR-AB & OBH Indictment released by U.S. DOJ
177 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
292 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  7
Article inside Professional gamer caught cheating at CSGO tournament
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside POST YOUR FAVORITE AR AB Telling on Himself Video
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside They Lined Up for that RDR2 my dude....
75 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside MoneyBagg who ? Speaks and exposes rap industry
216 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  3
Image(s) inside Lana Del Rey fkcuing MGK