It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer

most viewed right now
 149
Video inside Popeyes 16pc Family Meal Challenge
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 81
OT Ric Flair still in critical condition with 'multiple o..
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 81
NBA The tragic NBA story of Kenny Anderson
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 74
Video inside 1999 Throwback: Dame Dash Screams On Kevin Liles For Giving His Artist ..
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
10763 pageviews
59 comments


pimpinatl 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 0 0
It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer
 

 
'Gillie Da Kid has finally stepped up in a recent report and admitted to doing some ghostwriting for Lil’ Wayne. In a report by MTV, Gillie stated that he did some writing for Lil’ Wayne on the New Orleans rapper’s Tha Carter 1 album. He denied doing anything on Tha Carter 2, which I think is the better of the two. But, Wayne’s reps say that its all a crock of BS and Gillie’s a liar.' GOT THIS FROM ALLHIPHOP.COM. what have the world coming to when the 'kobe bryant of rap' has a ghost writer.image

59 comments for "It's Official...lil Wayne Had Ghost Writer"

 06-26-2006, 12:29 PM         #2
The Mighty Joe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gilly been saying this sh*t...on underground philly dvd's...
he been gettin paid behind the scenes writing that n*gga's album....
 11 years ago '05        #3
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,512 | Props total: 43 43
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?
 06-26-2006, 12:32 PM         #4
The Mighty Joe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
Gillie is obviously looking for attention. . picture yourself in his place

he has no rep, no one knows who he is outside of philly, he needs attention so why not get it off of someone that he already doesn't like?

Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth
 11 years ago '05        #5
wr8201 
space
avatar space
space
$5,892 | Props total: 4 4
i would hope he was writin for him cuz he was there for awhile and never came out
 11 years ago '05        #6
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,512 | Props total: 43 43
 The Mighty Joe said:
Maybe....or he could just be telling the truth

no way in hell
 11 years ago '05        #7
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,512 | Props total: 43 43
and even if he was. .wayne wrote the whole carter 2 which was his best anyways so we all know dude can spit
 11 years ago '04        #8
gunits50cent187 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$5,906 | Props total: 1232 1232
lyrically ... Gillie > wayne
 11 years ago '06        #9
kmstokes 
space
avatar space
space
$10,557 | Props total: 1660 1660
It could be tru cuz the n*gga did step his game up big time lyrically on the Carter 1

Give props and they shall be returned
 11 years ago '05        #10
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
Lol He Compared Himself To Peyton Manning/michael Jordan/ And Now Kobe?
 06-26-2006, 01:03 PM         #11
rkn0720 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn i hope thats not true...because I was starting to think he wasa good rapper...o well
 11 years ago '04        #12
casper 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
everybody knew gil was writin for him, u listen to em & compare em just imagine gil wit a southern accent the sh*t'd be identicle, how the hell u think gil stil makin money?? u think he actually got a reg 9-5 job??? nah, he aint no real pusha, that was the rest of MF, yet he stay iced up how is that?? he writin for weezy, how else would u be happy behind the scenes for like 5 years
 11 years ago '05        #13
FriscoBoss 
space
avatar space
space
$2,926 | Props total: 17 17
he needs a new ghost writer his albums are lyrical heaping mounds of excrement
 11 years ago '05        #14
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,512 | Props total: 43 43
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater
 06-26-2006, 01:14 PM         #15
rkn0720 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
if u think gillie ghostwrite for weezy u are a class-a hater
yo im a fan of wayne...but don't all da clues seem to point to that? im definitly not hatin because I dont even know if its true
 11 years ago '05        #16
Proofbreal 
space
avatar space
space
$1,074 | Props total: 401 401
everybodys got a ghostwriter people just need the help from time to time
 06-26-2006, 01:24 PM         #17
newdude313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be nasty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week.



SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the n*gga was jsut around pitchen ideas ...


Last edited by newdude313; 06-26-2006 at 01:27 PM..
 06-26-2006, 01:31 PM         #18
rkn0720 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 newdude313 said:
Poster is lying he never said that....just cause u were there pitchen ideas dont mean you ghost wrote nothing... I hate when posters Chop and screw articles... Heres the Full Excerpt from MTV.com

When the rumor first started floating around, it seemed so improbable: City of Brotherly Love native Gillie the Kid was ghostwriting rhymes for Lil Wayne — who is touted as one of the best MCs in the world today. Rumors can be nasty and farfetched, and Wayne not writing his own material sounds a little crazy, considering how often he collaborates in the studio with other artists and the mass output of material he unleashes on mixtapes and official albums.

Well, we finally caught up to former Cash Money recording artist Gillie himself and got to the heart of the matter. He said he left Cash Money because of disagreements with CEOs Baby and Slim, and he said he hasn't seen Wayne in quite some time. He did accuse Weezy of swagger-jacking, however, saying, "It's a lot of Philadelphia influence in New Orleans."

There is a huge difference from just being influenced by an MC and having an MC ghostwrite for you. So the question remains, did Gillie pen some of Wayne's lyrics for Tha Carter and Tha Carter, Vol. 2?

"Not for Carter 2," Gillie laughed. "I wasn't around for Tha Carter 2. Give all the credit to Lil Wayne for that. But it was a whole lot of things going down for Carter 1. Holla at your boy, Wayne."

Lil Wayne's publicist said Gillie's implication is false.

"We deny any of Gillie's claims," his publicist, Richelle Cross, said. "Wayne writes all of his own rhymes. He never used a ghostwriter, and in fact, Wayne ghostwrites for a lot of people out there."

We'll have much more on Gillie and his new ventures next week.



SO like i said if he wrote he wouldve said it... Sounds to me like the n*gga was jsut around pitchen ideas ...
yea makes sense
 11 years ago '05        #19
darick 
space
space
space
$387 | Props total: 318 318
Well I guess Gillie was just tired of just sitting in the background not saying nothing and getting no respect. He Said a in interviews before that he was ghost writing for people. It makes sense to me I can tell the difference from 500 degrees to da carter1. I mean he probably didnt help write da carter2 but alot artist have a little help here and there.
 11 years ago '04        #20
Adam A 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$4,514 | Props total: 72 72
I think wayne is the sh*t, but this is all funny considering he says he never writes anything down.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 60
BOX Mike Tyson's 5 best knockouts with 1 punch
50 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 54
Image(s) inside When Did Teen Mom Farrah Abraham Get Butt Injections To Protect Her Ra..
41 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 50
she definitely doesn't skip leg day
24 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Video inside Kid Slaps Alexa Bliss Ass at WWE Live Event
168 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Cardi B buys a new car
196 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Christian School Official Allegedly Told A Boy To "Turn The Other Che..
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside GOAT Concept Album with a Story/Narrative?
50 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
MoviePass UNLIMITED* MOVIES IN THEATERS. Now $9.95/MONTH.
205 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy