Jamie Foxx Stole Song ( Heaven ) He Dedicated To His Daughter; Being Sued For $15 Mil

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
19230 pageviews
10 comments

memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
Jamie Foxx Stole Song ( Heaven ) He Dedicated To His Daughter; Being Sued For $75 Mil

According to the World Entertainment News Network, Jamie Foxx is being sued for allegedly stealing a country singer's heavenly song and making it his own. Singer/songwriter Michael A. Johnson claims Foxx's ballad 'Heaven', which the Oscar winner sang on the Oprah show earlier this year (06), is a reworking of his copyrighted tune 'One of God's Angels Went AWOL'. In his handwritten court papers, filed in Detroit, Michigan, Johnson claims he copyrighted the tune before sending it round to record companies, including Foxx's J Records. The country and western songwriter accuses Foxx of taking his song, changing the lyrics and title and re-recording it as his own ballad. Foxx' 'Heaven' from his platinum album 'Unpredictable' is a tune he wrote for his 11-year-old daughter Corrine while he waited nervously for her birth. The Ray star was so anxious about the health of his unborn baby, he sat down and wrote 'Heaven' to calm his nerves. He says, "The song is basically saying that there was an angel up in heaven who was this little girl angel and it was God's favorite angel. She would always look at the plight of this couple who weren't able to have a kid, so, one day when God was having a role call, she didn't answer. She had snuck off and blessed them with a child."

But Johnson could care less. He fumes, "I feel abused and outraged to think that someone of Jamie Foxx's stature would stoop to steal my song. I saw him singing my song on Oprah and I felt so cheated." And the songwriter is so convinced he'll win his court battle with Foxx, he hasn't even hired an attorney. He adds, "I'm suing him on my own. I don't need an attorney. As soon as the court hears my song, which I copyrighted, they'll rule in my favor." Johnson is asking for $15 million. Representatives for Foxx could not be reached as WENN went to press.

[pic - click to view]

http://eurweb.com/story/eur27082.cfm

Last edited by memyselfni; 06-23-2006 at 10:35 AM..

10 comments for "Jamie Foxx Stole Song ( Heaven ) He Dedicated To His Daughter; Being Sued For $15 Mil"

06-22-2006, 12:50 PM         #2
hip hop chick 3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is always drama over songs, where the originals are from etc...Hopefully if this is all true J Foxx will get it all sorted out. I'm sure he has 15 mill!!!

holla

hip hop chick 3
 06-22-2006, 01:35 PM         #3
markus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hip hop chick 3 said:
I'm sure he has 15 mill!!!
I wouldn't be too sure about that. his album didn't do THAT good, and his tv show didn't either.
 11 years ago '05        #4
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
 markus said:
I wouldn't be too sure about that. his album didn't do THAT good, and his tv show didn't either.
BUT HIS MOVIES DO

dumbass
 11 years ago '04        #5
Don Savant|S 3 heat pts
space
space
$21,517 | Props total: 17 17
smh...you know there are too many people in the world for anything to be completely original...co-incidences happen and some people do have similar thoughts...

in his statement, he says that jamie stole his song, then changed the lyrics and title...well..wouldn't that mean that jamie wrote his own song?

people draw ideas from other people..it's been like that forever...where do you think tv execs get ideas for sitcoms...from other people..people submit their ideas everyday and companies change their ideas to fit their needs...people kil me trying to leech off of other people's success. we just can't be happy with how well people do anymore, we always gotta put our hand in their pockets....

i also believe that the reason he's doing it without a lawyer is because he couldn't find one that would take his case. i believe his claim is bogus.
 06-22-2006, 02:41 PM         #6
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 markus said:
His album sold 1.2 mill which is hard to do today. His show went like 5 seasons (currently getting rerun money) and actually had a ending rather than getting cancelled. I'd say that's good, don't forget his movies and stand ups.
 06-22-2006, 03:20 PM         #7
markus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krazy K said:
His album sold 1.2 mill which is hard to do today. His show went like 5 seasons (currently getting rerun money) and actually had a ending rather than getting cancelled. I'd say that's good, don't forget his movies and stand ups.
true.. you got a point.
 11 years ago '05        #8
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,608 | Props total: 436 436
 markus said:
true.. you got a point.
how da hell u goin to give me hate for my other comment? And got the nerve to tell me to grow up? It's true his movies always do well, especially Ray of course...yet I get hate? fu*k you n*gga.
 11 years ago '06        #9
jshinn05 
space
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
Yea Jamie got the money if he had to pay but I believe dudes claim is bullsh*t
 11 years ago '05        #10
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,361 | Props total: 884 884
 LVuittonDon4EVA said:
BUT HIS MOVIES DO

dumbass
u acutally sound like the dumbass that dude just dont have 15mil to cough up he just gettin his shine now...he only has 2 hit movies ray and that sh*t wit tom cruise as the hitman...b4 ray his movie career was spotty and i wouldnt be surprised jamie foxx has a reputation for wantin and taking things that arent his like wives jokes so y not songs..about the jokes statement tell me u aint think that jamie foxx show used to the same type of jokes they used on martin
 07-05-2006, 02:44 PM         #11
Boywonder89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=hip hop chick 3]There is always drama over songs, where the originals are from etc...

Yeah I agree!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy