Ghana Ghana Ghana Ghana Ghana Ghana Ghana

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #201
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
'We did it for Africa', says Ghana's Essien

NUREMBERG, June 22 (Reuters) - Ghana midfielder Michael Essien said on Thursday they had qualified for the second round of the World Cup on behalf of the whole of Africa.

Ghana became only the fifth African team to reach the second round at a finals after a 2-1 win over the United States sent them through as runners-up to Group E winners Italy.

'We did our best today. We did it for Ghana and the whole of Africa so they should keep cheering us,' said Essien, who will be suspended for their last 16 match after his second booking.

Coach Ratomir Dujkovic added: 'It was a historic match but a nervous one for both teams. We've done it and we're satisfied.'

'This is a starting point for all Ghanaians, for this group of players and myself. The first time in the World Cup and we come in the top 16 in the world.

'We didn't play as we usually do but... the U.S. are a hard-working team. They pushed us hard all the time. We're very satisfied and very happy.'

Asked about Essien missing the next match, the Serbian coach said: 'Yes, but what can you do. Always in these tournaments you have to have substitutes for any position.'

Ghana won the match thanks to a harshly awarded penalty in first half stoppage time that was converted by Stephen Appiah.

German referee Markus Merk adjudged that Razak Pimpong had been pushed over in the area by U.S. defender Oguchi Onyewu.

U.S. coach Bruce Arena said, 'We are very disappointed by the judgement of the referee... I would like to have come out after halftime even. The call was the big call of the game.'

'I've rarely seen something like that called,' said U.S. striker Brian McBride, who hit the post in the second half.

'It was a strange game. I felt we were in control for quite some time. They had very few chances but the ones they did get they scored.

'We hit a post. We stuck together and tried to push forward,' he said. 'If we had just got that second goal there's no telling what would have happened.'

Ousted African stars cheer on Ghana against United States

By DEREK GATOPOULOS
Associated Press Sports
Updated: 11:00 a.m. ET June 21, 2006

NUREMBERG, Germany (AP) -Ghana's African rivals are counting on the Black Stars to carry the mantle into the second round for the continent's other World Cup newcomers.

Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba has urged Ghana captain Stephen Appiah to beat the United States on Thursday to clinch a spot in the second round of the World Cup. Appiah said he has also heard from Togo players Emmanuel Adebayor and Mohamed Kader about the upcoming game in Nuremberg.

"They said: 'Guys we are behind you people, we couldn't make it so you have to represent Africa,''' Appiah said. "I was very happy when I heard such a thing from my friends ... We are prepared very well and it will be a crucial game but as far as we are determined to win, I think we can make it.''

The Black Stars lost their opening game 2-0 to Italy but rebounded with a shocking 2-0 defeat of the Czech Republic. Ghana can a.ssure advancement with a win, or a draw and an Italy win over the Czech Republic. Ghana can also advance with a draw and an Italy loss by at least two goals.

Ghana is one of four African newcomers in Germany, but Ivory Coast, Togo and Angola have already been eliminated. Tunisia, which is playing in its fourth World Cup, still has a chance to advance from Group H.

"People didn't expect us to play the way we played. All Ghanaians are happy not only for Ghana but for the whole continent as well,'' Appiah said. "We are cool and we are ready. Most important, we are ready to meet the U.S. tomorrow.''

Ghana will play the United States without suspended striker Asamoah Gyan and midfielder Sulley Muntari, who both scored against the Czechs.

"We're going to miss them ... But all the guys are ready to die for the nation,'' Appiah said.

Coach Ratomir Dujkovic said he did not underestimate the Americans but admitted he was looking forward to a possible second-round clash with Brazil, a team he said Ghana tries to model itself after.

The 60-year-old Serb said he had improved discipline at Ghana since he arrived in late 2004, as the sixth Ghana coach in three years.

"There are no stars in the group. Everyone is the same. It (took) hard work and this is why we qualified,'' Dujkovic said. "If one player comes late to lunch or to breakfast it means we will be late also in covering ground ... If a bus going to the training camp or the match he must be there on time.''

2006 The a.ssociated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Last edited by goke11429; 06-22-2006 at 01:47 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #202
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 Nutty2003 said:
typical racist that can't respond directly to anything, just hides behind his peoples struggles because of his own insecurities. I agree the past was fu*ked up and something needs and needed to be done. But if you want to use a white person as a scapegoat for your personal opinions on todays corruption and struggles and then don't know what to say when confronted other than pointing at someone on the bx; who was born into their respective race not by choice; blaming them for "your peoples" past, that you took no part of, you disgust me.

Its america so everyones allowed to talk out of the side of your mouth and i respect your opinion, but that doesn't mean i agree nor should i have to, keep your racist and profiling comments to yourself.

ok lets get this clear first

I said jesus was qoute qoute "Black" deal with it... in return a white person tells me well tries to compare jesus to my avy and takes it somewhere else = you r mad makes no sense to even compare what I said to my avy.

Nutty2003 said:
But if you want to use a white person as a scapegoat for your personal opinions on todays corruption and struggles
accept the legacy you have and your people today are to blame
Another white person trying to make black people forget about the past... but he is disgusted at me.... Why dont you be disgusted at your own people your own goverment who has not admitted guilt to slavery and shown that they were ever sorry for it or given any reperations to show any proof of it
When you white people give away anything slavery helped build or you own today then I wll forget about the past
 11 years ago '05        #203
marzeial 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,485 | Props total: 239 239
 Javon23 said:

[pic - click to view]

11 years ago '05        #204
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
 Mike Blitz said:

check this

funny sh*t destroys americans
Damn thats funny.... We got owned!
 11 years ago '04        #205
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
I heard Eric Wynalda's running his mouth this morning on 'mike & mike' via espn radio. He practically guaranteed a 2-0 win without sweat... said he wasn't worried about Ghana because 'USA is better than Ghana' ... and 'USA bench players are better than some of Ghana's starters'... said he was worried about Italy throwing the game to Czech rep by arranging for a draw.

smh @ having Beasly be da whoopin boy of da US squad

Last edited by goke11429; 06-22-2006 at 02:01 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #206
space
space
 Tempus said:
When it comes to making money yes you gotta become a part of white america. i didnt say i wasnt american

look at this confused house bottom line is dont comment if you dont make sense ... you said your american I guess that means anyone and anyrace then you say your black in white america.... then you say your not african.... make up your mind house ... arent you the same one who has told me forget about the past we are all equal now but yet you say your successful black person in white america if we were equal why do you call it white america like they got a power hold on you.
 11 years ago '05        #207
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 1 1
Just Wanted To Let Everyone On This Thread To Know.....i Love You All And Im Proud To Be An American.....even Your Studiosconnect.....just Dont Shoot Me. :)
 06-22-2006, 01:59 PM         #208
Tempus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StudiosConnect' said:
look at this confused house bottom line is dont comment if you dont make sense ... you said your american I guess that means anyone and anyrace then you say your black in white america.... then you say your not african.... make up your mind house ... arent you the same one who has told me forget about the past we are all equal now but yet you say your successful black person in white america if we were equal why do you call it white america like they got a power hold on you.
Cause its losers like that other guy i was talking to that thinks the only job a black guy can get is moping floors.
 06-22-2006, 02:02 PM         #209
Nutty2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StudiosConnect' said:
ok lets get this clear first

I said jesus was qoute qoute "Black" deal with it... in return a white person tells me well tries to compare jesus to my avy and takes it somewhere else = you r mad makes no sense to even compare what I said to my avy.

accept the legacy you have and your people today are to blame
Another white person trying to make black people forget about the past... but he is disgusted at me.... Why dont you be disgusted at your own people your own goverment who has not admitted guilt to slavery and shown that they were ever sorry for it or given any reperations to show any proof of it
When you white people give away anything slavery helped build or you own today then I wll forget about the past
why is your opinion something i have to accept? i aknowledge slavery and everything that it was about, it was a horrible thing, my family is from germany, my grandparents are fresh off the boat. don't push your bullsh*t on me because god chose you to be brought into this world something other than what you think is a almighty powerful race in america. I was born in america so i consider myself a full blown american, if my skin is white does that mean i'm a product of a slave owner that disrespected slaves? fu*k outta here coward, grow a set of balls and do something about being "held down", it takes effort to be at the top, and your foolish to think that affirmative action and due process haven't opened up gateways for you and all races alike a chance to be a success, even if you think your a victom of racism.
 11 years ago '06        #210
space
space
 Tempus said:
Cause its losers like that other guy i was talking to that thinks the only job a black guy can get is moping floors.

bangabi*ch.... this guy is SOOOO OUT OF TOUCH

its sad.... I stopped caring about what he becomes when he said he cant

"wait for me to die" for giving folks the truth..... he thinks someone said he can only mops floor.... He has no touch with history if it has anything dealing with his own stay lost HOUSE
 11 years ago '06        #211
space
space
 Nutty2003 said:
why is your opinion something i have to accept? i aknowledge slavery and everything that it was about, it was a horrible thing, my family is from germany, my grandparents are fresh off the boat. don't push your bullsh*t on me because god chose you to be brought into this world something other than what you think is a almighty powerful race in america. I was born in america so i consider myself a full blown american, if my skin is white does that mean i'm a product of a slave owner that disrespected slaves? fu*k outta here coward, grow a set of balls and do something about being "held down", it takes effort to be at the top, and your foolish to think that affirmative action and due process haven't opened up gateways for you and all races alike a chance to be a success, even if you think your a victom of racism.

your white
and get the rewards of slavery

ITS YOUR LEGACY !!!

understand that doesnt matter if you whip'd a slave or not.... you have a legacy in you that has not shown forgiveness for slavery and TAKE THE REWARDS OF SLAVERY in your everyday life, multi million dollar companies ect

Get rid of all these things and cut the cycle of success rooted from slavery and then u can tell me your the innocent blue eyed baby
 06-22-2006, 02:12 PM         #212
Nutty2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StudiosConnect' said:
your white

ITS YOUR LEGACY !!!

understand that doesnt matter if you whip'd a slave or not.... you have a legacy in you that has not shown forgiveness for slavery and TAKE THE REWARDS OF SLAVERY in your everyday life, multi million dollar companies ect

Get rid of all these things and cut the cycle of success rooted from slavery and then u can tell me your the innocent blue eyed baby
your an idiot my grandparents are from germany they didn't live in the south and have any slaves, they migrated here less then 40 years ago and didn't have a pot to p!ss in... they busted their a.ss and built their own legacy, you just can't get it through your thick skull.
 11 years ago '06        #213
space
space
 Nutty2003 said:
your an idiot my grandparents are from germany they didn't live in the south and have any slaves, they migrated here less then 40 years ago and didn't have a pot to p!ss in... they busted their a.ss and built their own legacy, you just can't get it through your thick skull.

so let mee get this straight....
none of this applies to you in any way or direct to you in any way

But you feel you have the right to set people straight, tell people how to feel, and so on that are

you lose buddy
 11 years ago '04        #214
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,329 | Props total: 11370 11370
Were you born and raised in Africa or America?
 11 years ago '04        #215
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Were you born and raised in Africa or America?
doesn't matter...... As educated Black men we would never forget about our roots no matter where we're raised.
 11 years ago '06        #216
space
space
 goke11429 said:
doesn't matter...... As educated Black men we would never forget about our roots no matter where we're raised.
He is not black and will never understand.... fact is we should "NOT HAVE" been born in america and beyond that WE should not even be alive if it wasnt for america
 06-22-2006, 02:22 PM         #217
Tempus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StudiosConnect' said:
your white

ITS YOUR LEGACY !!!

How have you not gotten banned yet?
 06-22-2006, 02:24 PM         #218
Nutty2003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StudiosConnect' said:
so let mee get this straight....
none of this applies to you in any way or direct to you in any way

But you feel you have the right to set people straight, tell people how to feel, and so on that are

you lose buddy
i never said that at all, i said don't push your profiling bullsh*t on me, "my family" has been in america after all your slavery claims had been abolished and rights were given,,, yadda yadda, i'm sayin open your eyes before you group whites together and claim i owe you something. get an education, there is no united german college fund, apply for your job and make your money and point and laugh at all the whites you hate for the job you "stole" from them,,, whatever... My grandparents were hated just as much for not being able to speak english when they arrived and working someone elses job, they busted their a.ss, not sat on a message board and pointed fingers hoping for reperations you personally don't deserve. opportunity is everywhere, but if you don't put in the time, you don't get rewards. so keep pointing your finger being a racist and you can come work for me any day you'd like. Not because i'm white, because I refuse to stop till i'm at the top.
 06-22-2006, 02:27 PM         #219
Mike Blitz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nutty2003 said:
your arguements are flawed, over the last five years, American Football has been at an all time high for attendance and ratings.... Not only in america, but overseas. People love american football and I that you think any linebacker in the NFL couldn't destroy your tough rugby players in a half second. Even with padding you wouldn't do anything but curl in a fetal position after having your head jammed through your shoulder blades.

as for baseball, your completely a.ss-backwards, I hate it but it's huge across the globe. it's not even an american game anymore, hispanics have adopted it as their past time more so then americans and it's also huge in japan & china, but apparently you were unaware because your not in the 2.15% of the people in the know.

I never even wrote that sh*t, it was suppost to be funny, look at the link above what you quoted me.
 11 years ago '05        #220
xclusive2k5 
space
space
$5,075 | Props total: 1059 1059
look how...a soccer game turned into racism topics.....digusting
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy