Video inside Nicki Minaj reposted Kyyng's video on her IG
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Most Criminally Overlooked MCs in History
350 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Meek Mill new Artist Garci Brawls at Celeb Bball game, Gillie Da Kid Breaks up..
31 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Rick Ross dissing Birdman " ima make sure my team don't respect you, clean you..
142 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

10-02-2014, 08:50 PM         #501
PhillyC123 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Any websites that do this
 2 years ago '13        #502
818digi 
space
space
$1,868 | Props total: 597 597
I got debt from 06-07 because of bad business decessions. It's 2015 I live in California and they keep on calling my folks. I can't hire expensive lawyers, anyone have info on what I can do? These fu*king f*ggots talking about putting a lean on my dads house ( even though he never co signed and it's my personal debt nothing to do with him.) I work and make about 10gs a year, so I can't hire an expensive lawyer. I've never responded or called them back, but they fu*king harrasing my folks home.

What's the best option in my situation. Thank you for any help fellas!

Last edited by 818digi; 01-06-2015 at 05:21 PM..
 2 years ago '13        #503
818digi 
space
space
Bump...still reading through a lot. Can someone help me out with my question.
 2 years ago '13        #504
Unoriginal 
space
space
space
$70 | Props total: 0 0
 818digi said:
I got debt from 06-07 because of bad business decessions. It's 2015 I live in California and they keep on calling my folks. I can't hire expensive lawyers, anyone have info on what I can do? These fu*king f*ggots talking about putting a lean on my dads house ( even though he never co signed and it's my personal debt nothing to do with him.) I work and make about 10gs a year, so I can't hire an expensive lawyer. I've never responded or called them back, but they fu*king harrasing my folks home.

What's the best option in my situation. Thank you for any help fellas!
If your debt is indeed yours alone (nothing to do with your father), then there are all kinds of FDCPA violations here.

For one, they can't call your family members more than once, unless requested by that family member.

Two, they cannot reveal your debt to the third party.

Three, they cannot make threats they cannot back up, like putting a lien on someone's house for an unsecured debt that has nothing to do with them (WTF?)

You really need to contact an attorney to get these folks off your back.

Since money is tight, I did a quick search and found a website that gives contact information to non profit law firms around California that help people with several legal issues, including debt collectors. Link is below.

Hopefully your dad has recorded any phone calls between the collectors and himself. Can't believe these fools are still doing this nonsense.
 2 years ago '13        #505
818digi 
space
space
 Unoriginal said:
If your debt is indeed yours alone (nothing to do with your father), then there are all kinds of FDCPA violations here.

For one, they can't call your family members more than once, unless requested by that family member.

Two, they cannot reveal your debt to the third party.

Three, they cannot make threats they cannot back up, like putting a lien on someone's house for an unsecured debt that has nothing to do with them (WTF?)

You really need to contact an attorney to get these folks off your back.

Since money is tight, I did a quick search and found a website that gives contact information to non profit law firms around California that help people with several legal issues, including debt collectors. Link is below.

Hopefully your dad has recorded any phone calls between the collectors and himself. Can't believe these fools are still doing this nonsense.
Thanks. I will be calling tomorrow and I can't understand how that's even legal. It's a personal debt that my dad never signed for anything and they talking about you got two weeks or we puting a lien on your pad. thanks man, appreciate it.
 2 years ago '13        #506
818digi 
space
space
What about filing personal bankruptcy. What can that do? I don't own a dam thing as far as homes, cars etc and don't even have a bank account because i got layed off from my construction job. This cc sued me and they called me trying to serve papers. Even if they win in court, wtf am I suppose to give them?
 2 years ago '05        #507
jsilerio 46 heat pts46
space
space
$7,598 | Props total: 8316 8316
 awbasa said:
#1- Get a secured credit card for whatever you can afford from your bank and use it to make a few purchases monthly and make 3 payments a month. NOT 1 payment when the bill is due but pay it in full each month in 3 payments of what you've spent.

#2 If you know someone with good credit (720+), ask them to make you an authorized user on their card but let them know you have no plans on using their card you just want this to reflect on your credit score to help build yours.

2 quick an easy ways
Just got the same advice earlier
 2 years ago '04        #508
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,169 | Props total: 4226 4226
Score is at the low end of 600's

It's tough trying survive off disabilty pay alone lol Haven't paid the bills mentioned below in a couple years due to my serious seizure disorder not allowing me to hold a steady job. Just got a USAA secured credit card, so I can start rebuilding my credit though

Last edited by dj X; 05-25-2015 at 03:45 PM..
Youngporter gave props

2 years ago '10        #509
420Heat 7 heat pts
space
space
$8,095 | Props total: 3695 3695
I didn't read none of this thread

All you need to do is get a prepaid credit card and use it a lot and dont miss any minimum payments
 2 years ago '09        #510
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,782 | Props total: 2092 2092
 420Heat said:

All you need to do is get a prepaid credit card and use it a lot and dont miss any minimum payments
I think you mean "Secured Credit Card".
NERDBOX gave props

08-16-2015, 09:30 AM         #511
c d0t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
score is in the 400s because of not paying for stuff in the past...

lost my job for a while...

couldnt afford it....

have over 10,000 in debt...

should i do some type of consolidation?

or try to settle 1 by 1 with each company?

can any1 help please?
 2 years ago '04        #512
DJ Maximum|M 41 heat pts41
space
space
$41,685 | Props total: 5156 5156
 420Heat said:

credit wont get anywhere using a prepaid credit card fam

I just paid off debt

paid off 2 old hospital bills finessed them from 2000 to 750 for paid to delete off all 3 credit reports

4 credit cards under 10percent utilization

credit at 727 now

from 565 last year in october
Youngporter and 1 others gave props

09-29-2015, 11:01 AM         #513
cr8ed2bh8ed585 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 c d0t said:

couldnt afford it....

can any1 help please?
Read this thread. And then read it again. And then again until you find the answer.
 1 year ago '09        #514
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,782 | Props total: 2092 2092
 c d0t said:

couldnt afford it....

can any1 help please?
You got 2 options. Google or read through these forums and do it yourself, or get lucky and ask someone willing to help you.

OR

If you got a lil $$$ and want this sh*t handled asap with no effort, by attorneys, not bootleg wannabe paralegals, go here:

You can try going the cheaper route with company's like Lexington Law and all the other bootleg "companies" that do this. What they don't tell you is, if they get your sh*t removed it has a chance of coming back in the future. But, if you get this handled by attorney's you're basically guaranteed it wont come back, because somewhere in the agreement they make with the creditor(the person/company you owe) it says they will sue the fu*k out of them if they do.

Last edited by Baynut; 09-29-2015 at 01:52 PM..
Youngporter and 1 others gave props

1 year ago '05        #515
Tonero 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,564 | Props total: 1080 1080
Paid off all my collections this month. Got a capital on credit card (Which i already maxed lol , $300 is nothing tho) , Got approved for a real CC 2 weeks go. Waiting in the mail.

Question tho. When is a good time to rasie my limit. $1500 wont get me unstuck when im in a real bind. When does it show on my credit that i paid of collections?
 10-04-2015, 07:06 PM         #516
BAYSICKCLOTHING 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In January I had a credit score around 480. Got a secured credit thru my credit union in February and my credit score goes up a little bit each week. It's around 560 now. My credit card is maxed out, but I've heard if I pay it off my score should shoot up and I will probably get approved for an unsecured card. I've had the secured for 8 months now and paid mpre than the minimum payment on time every month. Anybody have any advice for getting over the hump and getting over 640ish? What should my next steps be?
Trilluminati GA gave props

10-04-2015, 07:07 PM         #517
BAYSICKCLOTHING 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only collections left on my report is $221 to Comcast which I didn't pay when I paid off everything else last summer.
 1 year ago '13        #518
Franstein1 
space
space
$313 | Props total: 15 15
 Shizz said:
Here's a general plan to get you started and comfortable.

I'm a.ssuming you've already pulled each of your 3 credit reports and have them available.

1) Opt-Out. 1-888-5OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688).
This keeps the CRA's (Credit Reporting Agencies) from selling marketing lists which include your information. Helps keep the Popup-collections to a minimum.

2) Prepare a letter to each of the 3 CRA's, TransUnion, Experian, Equifax asking them to delete all addresses/names other than your current one.
(Incorrect, never lived there, etc)
This takes away one method of verification when you dispute, if that negative is tied to that old address or name.

3) Prepare a listing of all negatives on each report, and gather details as best you can. Date it first went delinquent, date of last activity, etc. You will need these dates to figure the reporting period and if appropriate, when the legal SOL expires.

4) At this point, you might consider a "blanket" dispute of your negatives with the CRA's. many people have luck with their initial dispute, the easy stuff gets deleted leaving fewer negatives to deal with later.
Results in 30 days, lol.

>>>>>
This is a good time to do some reading.
Up to this point, the stuff you've done is pretty straightforward. From now on, a good understanding of the laws involved will serve you well.
Read the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and the FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Amendment) update.
Read the FDCPA.(Fair Debt Collection Practices Act)
Read your state laws regarding collections- in the "Consumer Protection" forum.
If you have questions regarding the meaning of something, search then ask here.
In order to use the laws, you have to understand them...

Once you have those down, smile! You know more than 99.9% of the collectors and CRA's out there- which will work to your advantage.
>>>>>

5) Now you'll have to start making decisions.
For each negative left, you should consider:

a) Legal SOL.
Can they still sue you? If so, are you prepared to deal with that? Settle? Defend? Countersue?

B) Who is reporting.
If it's a CA,(Collection Agency) you may consider a DV letter, or the 1-2 punch.
If it's OC,(Original Creditor) you have goodwill letters or verification letters at your disposal.

c) age of the negative.
If its nearing the end of the 7-year reporting period, sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all, other than dispute it with the CRA's as "Obsolete".

As your report clears up, you'll want to start adding positives to your report.

-Initially, being added as an Authorized User is a good way to jump-start a thin report.

-And/Or a secured credit card.
Go with one of the Prime banks, National City, Chase, BankofAmerica, etc.
The nice thing about a secured card is- you keep your money!
Avoid the offers of $300 credit for a $250 fee.
You could put the same $$ into a secured card- and keep it. Why throw cash away? lol....
These subprime card issuers can be (not all of them but some) loaded with "gotchas" which will defeat the purpose. You will outgrow them soon enough anyway.
Particularly avoid Cross Country bank and Aspire. Bad news. Run.

One day soon, you will find yourself in a position to pick your cards and loans...you'll find approvals rolling in..
This can be a danger point for many people.
Avoid the temptation to run up balances on the cards!
It's easy to do, the newfound freedom of having credit available seems to make purchases much easier, lol. Ask me! :)
You've worked hard at this point to repair and improve your credit.
Don't undo your hard work by carrying high utilization, or worse- ending up in a situation where you cannot easily repay the cards.
Not saying you personally will do anything of the sort. Just a forewarning that that day is coming...and it's an easy pitfall to succumb to.

That's pretty much the overview of what to do.
The Devil is in the details of course, so- Once you get things rolling and you come to a crossroads where you're not certain what to do- Ask!
We love to help with letters, etc. Just post what you have, other will certainly jump in with suggestions.
What exactly gets wiped out at the end of the 7 year period? Debt?
 10-18-2015, 05:54 PM         #519
Raidermont 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
very informative. Thanks for the tips.

Last edited by Raidermont; 10-18-2015 at 05:57 PM..
 1 year ago '05        #520
Tonero 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,564 | Props total: 1080 1080
Credit Score jumped to 653. over 200 points gained since i joined this thread.
Trilluminati GA and 2 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Anybody got stories of getting a gun pulled on em or getting robbed?
411 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside VAL MERCADO: Dick Sucking Lips
31 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil bucked tooth shorty
117 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Android co-creator Andy Rubin posts image of his upcoming bezel-less ..
37 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside site has cool vintage tees to wear under your denim jacket this spring
125 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
This nigga Bryan theme is >>>>>>>>>>
40 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's sister is this??SMH!!!!
40 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron fake injury from Spurs blowout
198 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy